Sharing a collection of small businesses to shop & support on Small Business Saturday!
Happy Small Business Saturday! This year, more than ever, it’s important to support the small businesses we all love! Today I’m sharing some small business favorites if you’re looking for some smaller stores to support. I’d also encourage you to try to find some in your local community, including restaurants and others that may be seeing a significant drop in business! If you’re unable to support them financially, even something as simple as sharing their social media posts or liking and commenting on their feeds can ultimately help!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Following are some of my favorite small businesses! I’ve included a few favorite picks of theirs along the way too. However, since some of these are small shops, they aren’t on some of my platforms that allow me to curate products. So, I would encourage you to click over to each of them a have a look around! Additionally, if you’re a small business, feel free to leave a comment with a bit about your business and a link to your site so we can all take a look around!
SOURCES: Image from our 2020 Christmas Home Tour | “Silent Night” Canvas | Linen Sectional | Coffee Table | Rug | Velvet Pillow | Pom Pillow (look for less here) | Plaid Pillow | Cozy Pom Throw | Mini Lit Christmas Trees | Wooden Links Object | Wall Color: Benjamin Moore Van Courtland Blue
Following are some of my small business favorites!
- AMETHYST HOME is one of my favorite local decor companies and I love all the ladies that work there. They’re offering 10-25% off sitewide right now and ship nationally! This gorgeous crock immediately caught my eye but they have so many good things – including the best smelling candles! And did you know Monica also opened a store in Kansas City recently? They’re amazing and will even do virtual chats with you if you need rug advice/recommendations. You can shop their site here.
- ANNIE THE BRAVE – This company was founded by one of my real-life blogging friends, Chelsea, of Making Home Base. Chelsea is one of my very first friends I made in the blogging industry and she is still one of my favorites. Being a math major, I was so excited when she started Annie the Brave. It’s a STEM-inspired dress line for little girls, helping to teach them they can be anything they want to be! You’ll find affordable dresses with everything from girl scientists to bugs to dinosaurs and more! Use code JINGLE20 to get 20% off every dress in her shop, including the new designs. You can shop the site here.
- BLOGS – No link here, but keep in mind all blog owners are also small business owners. Even if you don’t purchase items through their links, even visiting their sites typically pays them in the form of ad revenue. So give your favorite blogs and websites a visit today and look around a bit. I know they’ll all appreciate it!
- BLOOM WITH CLAIRE is a local Omahan, and she and I have a fun history. I used to work with her dad and we’ve gone on a few trips together. She recently launched her own creative company and has already been featured on Buzzfeed! I love Claire and am so excited to see her taking the entrepreneur route! She offers adorable door mats, stickers, and custom photo illustrations. You can shop her products here.
- BLOOMIST is offering 20% off your order with code GIVE20. They are the ones that carry a nearly identical oversized wood chain like we have in our living room, but they have a bunch of other really cute decor finds. This charcoal version of the chain and the small natural option are really beautiful too! You can shop their site here.
- BROOKE & LOU is a woman-owned small business (Bria Hammel) with a beautifully curated home interiors site. They are offering 20% off sitewide through the weekend with code BLACKFRIDAY20. You can shop their site here.
- CLARE offers a beautifully curated collection of paint colors that ship right to your door! I love that they also have large paint chips you can order that stick to your wall so you can actually get a feel for how a color will look in your space! You can shop their site here.
- DANIELLE OAKEY SHOP makes some of the most beautiful designer pillows on the market! She’s currently offering 20% off your purchase with code BF2020. You can shop her site here.
- ECREAMERY is a local ice cream company that has received a lot of national exposure because they can ship (and were on Shark Tank)! They currently have several discounted packages available, as well as a free pint with any 4 or 8 pint purchase! When Kurtis had hip surgery last year, his boss sent us a variety pack of pints and they were so good! You can shop their site here.
- ETSY – Keep in mind virtually ever store on Etsy is an independent maker and small business! They have so many unique and beautiful gift ideas year-round! It’s where I got my black Stewart plaid pillows this year, and the quality is excellent! You can shop their site here.
- FELIUS CAFE is one of my favorite small business to support. They are an actual coffee bar where you can also pay to spend time with the cats that are up for adoption. Unfortunately, this side of their business has dramatically been impacted by the pandemic. Their mission is to to transform cat welfare through rescue, inclusive experiences, and educational programming. If you’re not local and can’t stop in to the café, you can also make a tax-deductible donation to them here or visit their Amazon wish list. You can also follow them on Instagram here – it is one that will make you smile daily! Visit their website here.
- GLITTER AND GOLD ART was created by a local artist, and Shantal makes the most stunning charcuterie boards with a variety of pigments & epoxy resin. I have one of her large boards and the workmanship is stunning. It looks like the ocean is floating onto your board! You can shop her site here.
- HOUSE OF JADE HOME was started within the last few months by two designers in Salt Lake City. I love their beautifully curated decor! They are offering 20% off sitewide with code HOJBF20. You can shop their site here.
- JENNI KANE is offering 20% off sitewide with code THANKFUL. I featured this candle in my Gift Guide for Her and it’s included in the sale! You can shop their site here.
- JUNIPER PRINT SHOP is not only a small business, but the business sells artwork from other small businesses and artists! They offer both digital and print version of their art, and right now their site is 15-40% off sitewide. They also have digital artwork you can download for your Frame TV! You can learn more about how the process works here. You can shop their site here.
- KATE LESTER HOME is another woman-owned small business in California. I met Kate on a designer retreat and we instantly clicked. Not only is she super talented but she’s also hilarious and we had so much fun together! Her beautifully curated shop has so many unique and stunning items, and she now has a Black Friday sale section. You can shop the rest of her site here.
- LINDSAY LETTERS is offering 15% off all art! Most of the artwork I used in our 2020 Christmas Home Tour was collected from LL over the years! Our new ‘Fall On Your Knees’ Canvas might be my favorite yet! But I’ve listed a few others I own and love below. You can shop her site here.
- MANDY MCGREGOR PHOTOGRAPHY is the best of the best in Omaha when it comes to interior photography. She takes some of my fashion photos, as well, but her focus is on natural light architecture and residential & commercial interiors. She is truly amazing and if you’re a local interior designer, store owner, builder, architect…you name it, Mandy is the one you want taking your photos to truly bring out the beauty of your projects! You can see her portfolio here.
- MCGEE & CO. is offering a rare 20% off sitewide with code SOVERYTHANKFUL! If you’ve ever considered buying our cane nightstands or cane cabinet. You can shop their site here.
- NATIVE makes my favorite clean deodorant and I need to do a better job of shopping with them directly versus picking up refills at Target. My favorite is the vanilla, but I’ve tried several other scents over the years and have really loved anything they make! They’ve also now expanded into body wash, bar soap and toothpaste. You can shop their site here.
- RIFLE PAPER CO. is offering 30% off everything with code HOLIDAY30. Why hasn’t anybody told me they have puzzles & books?! And their AirPods cases make great gifts! You can shop their site here.
- THE LITTLE MARKET was founded by Lauren Conrad, and with every purchase and donation, you are supporting meaningful income opportunities for artisans and their families, making a difference, and creating a positive, long-lasting impact. They’re currently offering 20% off select styles. You can shop their sale here. They also offer some of their products on Amazon.
- THE PREPPY PAGODA is a local Omaha business, selling her products on Etsy. Think lots of pink and green and stripes! So many cute finds! I love this pink and red felt garland, these plaid face masks and this painted nutcracker. And, if you’re a Lilly lover, you’ll want to check out her stockings! You can shop her items here.
- THE TINY TASSEL has the cutest earrings, accessories and even clothes! Think Charleston colors and a preppy spin, Mimi’s items are all so cute! She’s currently offering 20% off sitewide today with code SUPPORTSMALL. I have a few pair of her earrings and her popular rainbow clutch. You can shop her site here.
- TUCKERNUCK is probably my favorite online small boutique shop. They are currently offering 20% off sitewide, or 25% off $500+, and 30% off $1,000 plus with code BIGSALE. Some exclusions do apply. Since they have a smaller, curated inventory, I’m guessing sizes in their most popular styles will sell quickly but they just added some new styles yesterday! It includes items like my favorite Dudley Stephens fleece (included in my Gift Ideas for Her) and this darling ruffle collar leather top (non-leather versions here that I own and love just as much)! They have also added some new sale pieces that are all darling! You can shop their site here.
- VICTORIA EMERSON is currently offering BOGO free! Their bracelets could not be cuter and I feel like there is a style out there for every woman! Such an easy way to get the layered bracelet look! Sharing a few favorite below. You can shop their sale here.
Additional Gift Ideas
If you’re looking for even more gift ideas, be sure to check out the following posts.
- The Best Black Friday Sales
- Stocking Stuffer Ideas Under $25
- Gift Ideas for Her
- Gift Guide for Him
- Luxury Gift Guide
- Cozy Gift Ideas
- Holiday Hostess Gift Ideas
- All Holiday Gift Ideas
Additional Christmas Inspiration
Looking for even more Christmas inspiration? Be sure to check out the following posts. Simply click the title of any post below to be taken directly to the article.
- 2020 Christmas Home Tour
- Tartan Plaid Outfit Favorites
- “Home For the Holidays” Collection + An Exclusive Discount Code
- Favorite Christmas Decor From Years Past
- Amazon Christmas Decor
- New Studio McGee x Target Christmas Launch
- 2020 Christmas Design Boards
- Our 2019 Christmas Home Tour
- 2019 Christmas Design Boards
- The Best Fake Christmas Trees
- Christmas Tree Collar Ideas & Picks
- Christmas Tree Star Toppers
- DIY Marble Paint Ornaments & Our Office Christmas Tree
I hope you all have a great holiday weekend!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used