Good morning, and happy Monday! Hopefully it was a short work week for all of you. Here’s a bit of what we’ve been up to around here!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Home Projects & Updates
I spent a lot more time this week wrapping up some design plans for the Florida house. I also had to work on tax prep for more hours than I’d like to count! Adding three businesses to the mix makes it extra fun. And in regards to the flooded rental, we’re still waiting for the restoration report. No new updates to share there, but hopefully early this week!
I always like to keep it real around here, so here was my “project” that I wanted completed prior to the end of the weekend. The entryway actually was not bad all compared to several days this past month. But the office? It has been a trainwreck for months. Don’t believe me?
ENTRYWAY SOURCES: Plaid Rug | White Cabinet | Striped Pillow Covers | Faux Viburnum Stems | Vase
OFFICE SOURCES: Cane Cabinet | Desks | Rug (Slate/Ivory Color) | Chandelier | Abstract Art | White Ceramic Urns | Faux Greenery | Floor Cushion
Here’s one side of the room. It had gotten bad. Particularly in the past week, as I was shifting Christmas out of several spaces, a few new shipments arrived, and I was searching for tax paperwork. And, as I look at this picture now, I’m realizing the curtain rod somehow got pulled out an extra foot on the right side. It’s no wonder I had to spend some time organizing before I could work on taxes too much!
The good news is that it’s now 95% of the way cleaned up! I have a little more work to do this week, but the bulk of the clutter has been put away! We finally realized that, after not using it for a year+ now, it was time to donate our printer/scanner. We found ourselves using our more compact one instead, so there was really no need for it to take up literally half of the cane cabinet. It’s amazing how much more room that allowed for books, camera equipment, and other items I need to store in here! I also put all those clear binds you see on the floor to good use! They’re from the new The Home Edit line at Walmart! It’s basically Container Store products at Walmart prices and I love them! Great for bathrooms, the pantry, linen closets and more!
Now onto a more pretty scene 😉
After I shared my 2021 top 10 bestsellers, I received a few requests to let you guys know if our den coffee table came back in stock. And guess what?! It is now! We love it because the top is hinged in the middle and will open up for storage!
DEN SOURCES: Sectional (read my review here) | Coffee Table | Beach Art | Woven Rug | Scallop Light Fixture | Blanket Ladder | Roman Shades | Faux Greenery | Colorblock Vase | “Surf Shack” | “Escape” | Recycled Glass Beads | Marble Coasters | Palm Outdoor Pillows | Striped Outdoor Pillows | Textured Lumbar Outdoor Pillows | Tripod Lamp
I’m working on collecting some info on our electric gas strut window that we have on our indoor/outdoor bar. You can see more photos of it opened and closed in our pool house additional reveal post. But, if there are any specifics you’d like to get more info on, feel free to leave the request in comments and I’ll try and include related details in the post once it’s ready!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the past week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
In Case You Missed It
Following are the posts I shared over the past week, in case you missed some days!
Following are the most read blog posts of last week (excluding any of the new posts already mentioned above). Many times this includes old posts that are popular on Google or Pinterest.
Around Town & For Fun
I feel like I should basically just cancel this section of my Weekend Recap when January rolls around each year. I’m only half kidding 😉 But, we rarely leave our house, and we haven’t eaten out or seen friends since the last week of December. It’s crazy! We’re all trying to eat well and Kurtis and I do Dry January, so sometimes it’s just easier to stay home. Especially when it comes to meals! We did order Door Dash once this week (our first this month, which is for sure a world record low for us). The height of our excitement was finishing all four season of Selling Sunset this month 😉
Kurtis and I decided to do keto for January to get a jump start on things. We’re still talking through what we’ll each do once February rolls around. But, with that, I’ve been trying to find as many recipes as I can stomach to change things up. I need my carbs, so it’s been a struggle! I found this one-pot Keto Zuppa Toscana Soup two weeks ago, and I’ve already made it twice. We both really like it, and it heats up really well for leftovers. I double the low sodium chicken broth because I prefer a brothier soup. We didn’t end up topping it with cheese or bacon, as the recipe calls for, but it was still so good! I’d honestly probably make this any time – the cauliflower is surprisingly not terrible in it, and definitely mimics the potato texture!
I also made a big batch of French onion soup. I’ve never made it before, and basically just used what I had on hand. Which was onions and beef bone broth. Probably not a whole lot of nutritional value as a meal (and not the lowest carb veggie), but I love soup in the winter. And when I checked any canned soups we already had, I about died over how many carbs and sugar are in most of them! So I had to improvise. I sautéed the onions in a little butter first and then just added beef bone broth. We topped it with shredded parmesan (it was the only white cheese we had on hand) and it was really good! I still prefer the Zuppa Toscana above, but this was so easy and perfect to pair with a big salad and protein. It’s definitely filling! When I make it again in the future, I’ll definitely cut the onions smaller (I used three onions), but other than that, we really liked it!
Just another workday at the Stewart house! My co-workers just sleeping on the jobsite!
Kurtis had to work a few nights in his office last week. Henley loves that mattress topper so much, that Kurtis now actually pulls back the covers for her when he’s up working at night. Hawkeye has now joined in on the obsession. It’s hilarious. I ended up ordering one for our bed, too, because I love it just as much! I think the code HSN2022 still works for $20 off if you’re a first-time shopper.
GUEST BEDROOM SOURCES: Wood Cane Bed | Mattress Topper | Hand-Knotted Rug | Bead Chandelier | Abstract Art | Spindle Nightstand (similar here) | Belgian Linen Drapes | Iron Curtain Rod | Iron Finials | Iron Curtain Ring Clips | Woven Bench | Linen Pillows | Velvet Pillows | Plaid Lumbar Pillow | Ceramic Lamp | Faux Fern | Hotel Style Duvet Cover
We keep finding Henley out in the pool house kitchen window. There has been a squirrel running around our roof and down our trees and she is not happy about it. She has decided it’s her job to stare at it all day. I’m not sure how intimidating she really looks though 😉
Lastly, let’s talk about the Studio McGee launch at Target. I know there was a lot of frustration with items selling out so quickly. I was actually up at 2 am Central (the exact time of the launch) and still didn’t get the nightstands I wanted. Out of curiosity, I threw a poll up in Instagram Stories and I do have a handful of followers that were able to snag them. But it sounds like they literally sold out in under 30 seconds. My hope is that there will be some re-stocks, so my best advice is to sign up for email notifications. Typically the products that have that option will be re-stocked at some point. But, you have to move quickly on those emails, too! I’ll also be sure to share if I see any re-stocks happening! You can see my top picks here. There are still some accessories and furniture in stock!
I love that we’re only a week out from January being over! February always seems to pass so quickly, and then suddenly it’s March! I certainly don’t want to wish my life away, but I’m definitely never sad once spring rolls around.
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some sale from the weekend that have carried over and are still going strong!
- ABERCROMBIE is hosting their winter sale with up to 50% off, plus an extra 20% off almost everything! You can shop their site here.
- AMAZON has a number of deals in their Today’s Deals section. You can shop their site here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering 30% off full-priced styles as well as hosting an end of season clearance sale with up to 75% off original prices. You can shop their site here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering an additional 40% off sale styles! You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up to 20% off indoor furniture and fabric! You can shop their sale here.
- BODEN is offering 15% off full-priced items plus free shipping and returns on orders $49+. You can shop their site here.
- DUDLEY STEPHENS is offering a huge selection of items up to 40% off select styles. You can shop their site here.
- GAP is offering 50% off your purchase with code TREAT and an extra 10% off at checkout with code MORE. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering up to 30% off wear-now styles and an extra 60% off sale styles with code SHOPSALE. You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering up to 50% off sitewide as well as 40% off winter vacation styles! You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering 48% off your purchase with code XOXO. You can shop their sale here.
- LULULEMON has added a bunch of popular items to their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- MADEWELL is offering an extra 30% off sale styles with code REALDEAL. You can shop their site here.
- MARSHALL’s has a number of deals sitewide. You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM has a number of new markdowns in their sale section. You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY is offering 50% off your purchase at checkout – no code required. You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK is hosting a Home Refresh Sale, with items marked up to 70% off! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is hosting their bed and bath sale with 20% off and free shipping on bedding and bath linens! You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is offering an extra 20% off clearance items with code EXTRA20. You can shop their site here.
- SERENA & LILY is offering up to 25% off all rugs! You can shop their sale here.
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off furniture – online only. You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX has a number of deals sitewide! You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH has added a number of new items in their sale section. I ordered these Miller Cloud Shearling Sandals and absolutely love them. You can shop their site here.
- TUCKERNUCK has a bunch of cute items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA has 20% off kitchen essentials. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is hosting a Warehouse Sale with items up to 70% off. You can shop their site here.
- WORLD MARKET is offering 10% off curbside pickups to members (it’s free to join)! You can shop their site here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the below channels: