Good morning, and happy Monday! I took a break all last week (more on that in a minute) but I’m back in action this week. Here’s a bit of what we’ve been up to while I was a away from my computer.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
A Little Bit of Everything
I’m going to combine the home projects and around town section here for a little bit of everything.
So, if you’ve wondered where I’ve been the last week, I had COVID. Super fun times! 😉 I really started feeling it back on Wednesday the 3rd, and still have some symptoms. Needless to say, the timing couldn’t have been worse, as my energy levels were non-existent almost the whole time. If I was up and walking around the house for more than 20 minutes, I’d start to get dizzy or tired and have to lay down. For someone who doesn’t watch TV or enjoy laying around, it was brutal for me! The two weeks have been a solid blur of nothingness. But, thankfully I’m on the tail end of everything now. Just a little bit of sinus and ear issues at this point.
My parents were supposed to have flown in last Friday for a final visit in Omaha. But, as of Friday morning, Kurtis and I were both still testing positive. So they cancelled their flights and will try and reschedule for mid-September. With them cancelling their plans, it did free up so time for us this past weekend to crank out some of the packing we were now very behind on.
As a reminder, we’re picking up a moving truck this coming Thursday night, loading it, and then Kurtis and I are driving it down to Florida this weekend. We have a few house selections meetings next week for the new build that have been planned for a few months. We had originally planned to fly down, but since Hola Beaches is reserved for the week, we knew we’d have to stay in the new house. Which is completely empty right now! So, we figured we’d ease the moving burden for October by bringing down what we can now. Kurtis and I aren’t great road-trippers, but at this stage in the moving process, we’re ready to just be doing something! We’re trying not to put too much pressure on ourselves with how much we take down (especially after being sick). We’ll take as much as we can, and then the rest will just have to wait until October. But it will also be nice to get a few things settled down there for our official arrival in October! I also haven’t left our house in almost three weeks (!!) so it will be nice to get out for a bit.
We also made two truckloads full of donations as we continue to purge and really think about we need in this downsizing process. We’re trying to be pretty strict with what we take, as it doesn’t make a lot of sense to pack up and move a bunch of stuff, knowing we won’t have a home for it in Florida. It’s actually making the moving process feel a lot easier when we donate as we go along! We’re finding ourselves attached to less and less!
My limelight hydrangeas out by the pool started blooming a week or two ago and they’re basically my favorites! I just hate it takes so late in the season for them to show off!
Yesterday Kurtis power washed all the courtyard furniture as we’ll be taking all of it with us this week. The chair set is back in stock FYI – just in time for firepit season! We’re planning to use ours on the screened in porch and are really excited about using them much more frequently in Florida!
I’m behind on emails, messages, comment responses, etc. in a big way after these past few weeks. I’m going to do my best to get caught up on them this week. I appreciate your patience!
It’s going to continue to be a busy few weeks, but I have some fun content lined up for the blog! I’m also hoping to share a lot of our progress in Florida once we get down there. I’ll be doing some live updates on my Instagram if you’re interested in following there, as well!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the past week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
In Case You Missed It
Following are the posts I shared over the past week, in case you missed some days!
- Weekend Recap
- The Florida House We’ll Be Moving To in October
- Wednesday Watch List
- Weekend Sale Alerts
Following are the most read blog posts of last week (excluding any of the new posts already mentioned above). Many times this includes old posts that are popular on Google or Pinterest.
- The Best Green Paint Colors
- The Best Blue Gray Paint Colors
- The Best Blue Green Paint Colors
- The Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic
- The Best Exterior White Paint Colors
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some sale from the weekend that have carried over and are still going strong!
- AMAZON has a number of daily deals happening now! You can shop their site here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering $50 off jackets, dresses, and shoes. You can shop their site here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering 20% off dinnerware, bakeware, chairs, tables, and more. They have also added some new items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering 20% off indoor furniture, rugs, and drapery! You can shop their sale here.
- GAP is offering up to 50% off back to school favorites and an extra 50% off sale styles with code SALE. Plus, online only get an extra 10% off regular priced items or an extra 20% off $100+ at checkout with code ADDIT. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering up to 50% off wear-now styles and an extra 50% off sale styles with code SHOPSALE. You can shop their site here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering 40-60% off everything, including new arrivals, as well as an extra 70% off clearance styles with code FLASH70. You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLANDS is offering 15% off fall porch decorations. You can shop their site here.
- LOFT is offering 25% off full-priced styles plus 40% off Lou & Grey with code HAPPY. You can shop their sale here.
- LULULEMON has added a bunch of popular items to their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is hosting an end-of-summer sale with up to 70% off select styles. You can shop their site here.
- MARSHALL’s has a number of deals sitewide plus free shipping on orders of 89+ with code SHIP89. This pair of dining chairs is an excellent S&L look for less option! You can shop their site here.
- MICHAELS is offering 20% off regular priced items with code 22MADEBYYOU. You can shop their site here.
- OLD NAVY is offering 40% off your order for cardholders with code VIP. You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK is hosting their Summer Clearance Event with 1000s of items up to 70% off! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is hosting a Warehouse Sale with up to 70% off tons of items. You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY is offering up to 30% off all things outdoors! You can shop their sale here.
- TARGET is offering up to 50% off college must-haves, up to 25% off indoor furniture and up to 20% off outdoor furniture & decor. You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX has a number of deals sitewide and is offering free shipping on orders $89+ with code SHIP89! This pair of dining chairs is back on stock! It’s the armless version of the ones we have in the pool house, and a great S&L look for less! You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH has a number of new items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- TUCKERNUCK has a bunch of cute items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is offering up to 75% off clearance items. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is offering up to 75% off clearance item. You can shop their site here.
- WORLD MARKET is offering 10% off curbside and store pickups to members (it’s free to join)! You can shop their site here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the below channels: