Happy Monday! I hope you all had a nice and relaxing weekend! Here’s a bit of what we’ve been up to this past week.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Home Projects & Updates
We’re still working on getting everything unpacked, but we’re so close! I’m hoping this is the week and then I can start sharing more photos with all of you. I’m really looking forward to the decorating stage of this move!
I did decorate our Florida porch for the first time ever, and even threw in a “spooky” Halloween cat for the photo 😉 I didn’t think I was a bat person, but I’m kind of in love with these!
I ordered some cute items from TJ Maxx for an Instagram post and thought they were worth sharing here. The Potted Tree is so adorable with the seagrass basket! All of these would make great hostess gifts too!
Sunday, we met our friend Rachel and walked the street where our new build will be. We were excited to see that our lot has the forms started for the slab! And if you’re thinking the houses look super close together, they are 😉 And it’s still crazy to me, even being about 1.5 miles inland, that the ground is sand here!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the past week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
In Case You Missed It
Following are the posts I shared over the past week, in case you missed some days!
- Weekend Recap
- Hearth & Hand and Studio McGee Christmas Collections
- Wednesday Watch List
- Weekend Sale Alerts
Following are the most read blog posts of last week (excluding any of the new posts already mentioned above). Many times this includes old posts that are popular on Google or Pinterest.
Around Town & For Fun
I met my friend Rachel for dinner on Tuesday night for tacos and margaritas. I had to stop at one point in our conversation to take a photo of the sunset through the trees. This was the true colors – not altered in any way. So beautiful!
I never left the house the rest of the week, and the cats were a-okay with that! These two are obsessed with this blanket (in Omaha they always used the ivory version, but now it’s always the blue one)!
And Henley is more and more obsessed with “her” catio. She’ll sit out here for hours! It looks like our outdoor swivel glider chairs are restocked again and available to ship!
Kurtis was in Omaha all week for work, and didn’t return until Friday night. We were going to branch out, but ended up at Amigos for Mexican food again. Never a bad idea!
During the week, the temps were very cool with the cold front that hit most of the country. But, the weekend was absolutely beautiful so we took full advantage of it! It’s still hard for us to be in the mindset that we live here now, and aren’t just on vacation. We allowed ourselves to indulge in the vacation mindset for the weekend but are already looking forward to the routines Monday brings!
Saturday we did some things around the house before heading to Alys Beach for a little exploring. I had ordered some Walmart clothes shortly after arriving here, most of which were sweaters and fleece, but I love this smocked sleeve top I also ordered! It looks like a shirt/vest combo, but without all the added bulk. The jeans and sunglasses are Walmart too!
We then met our friends, Marissa and Jake, for beer at Beach and Brew. It’s always fun to explore new local spots, especially when they carry a wide variety of local beers!
After beers, Kurtis and I grabbed dinner and then started watching Anatomy of A Scandal. We’re always so behind on shows, because we prefer the whole series to be launched so we can binge it. It’s really interesting so far!
Sunday morning I mentioned we ran to the lot. I asked Rachel to take a picture of my outfit so I could share it, and most of the photos turned out like this. Ha! Can you tell posing isn’t my strength?! I’m definitely learning to dress in layers this time of year here. It was in the 40’s when we woke up, 50’s when we headed to the house, and was already in the 60’s by the time we left. Needless to say, I didn’t need my fleece for long 😉
In fact, it got so nice out, Kurtis and I decided to grab lunch at the newly re-opened Fonville Press. Such a cute spot, and I love that it’s both a market and casual restaurant.
We then headed to the beach for a few hours! We’re not sure how many beach days we’ll have left this year, so we wanted to take full advantage of such a beautiful day! We relaxed in chairs, went for a walk, dipped our feet in, chatted with friends and stayed until sunset.
Kurtis even decided to try kayaking!
Saw this darling little structure on our walk. Maybe we should paint our new house in blue and white stripes?! 😉
The sunsets here will never get old!
This week feels like the week can really start getting settled in. There’s no more travel on the horizon for a month or so, so we’re looking forward to new routines and getting the house unpacked further. Maybe we’ll actually be able to use the garage by the end of the week 😉
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some sales from the weekend that have carried over and are still going strong! You can see my top picks here.
- AMAZON has a number of daily deals happening now! You can shop their site here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering an extra 30% off all sale styles. You can shop their site here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE has a number of new items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up to 30% off and free shipping sitewide! You can shop their sale here.
- BODEN is offering 25% off sitewide, which is a rarity, with code D2G9 today only! You can shop their site here.
- GAP is offering 50% off favorites to give and get; 40% off your purchase with code TREAT; and an extra 10% off at checkout with code GAPDEAL. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering $100 off women’s and men’s coats, and $50 off kids coats, and 20% off cashmere with code CASHMERE. Plus get an extra 60% off sale styles with code SOGOOD. This is all stackable for cardholders for an extra 20% off with code CARDLOVE. You can shop their site here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering 60% off 100+ styles! And remember, this stacks with the 20% off for cardholders with code CARDPERKS. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering 40% off your purchase if you’re a member (it’s free to join). You can shop their sale here.
- LULULEMON has added a bunch of popular items to their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- MADEWELL is offering 25% off $100+ and 30% off $200+. You can shop their site here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is offering up to 70% off sale styles. I’m absolutely loving this block print ginger jar! You can shop their site here.
- MARSHALLS has a number of deals sitewide plus free shipping on orders of 89+ with code SHIP89. You can shop their site here.
- MICHAELS is offering 20% off regular priced purchases with code 22MADEBYYOU. You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM has a number of new items added to their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- OLD NAVY is offering up to 50% off storewide. Plus get 30% off your purchase (even clearance) with code HURRY. You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK is hosting their Holiday Home Sale, with up to 70% off 1000s of items! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is hosting their Fall Warehouse Sale, with up to 60% off tons of items. My all-time favorite wood gallery frames are the best price I’ve seen! You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is offering an additional 20% off clearance items with code EXTRA20. You can shop their site here.
- RUGS USA is hosting a holiday prep flash sale, with up to 75% off rugs! You can shop their site here.
- SERENA & LILY is hosting a private warehouse sale, with major markdowns sitewide along with free shipping. To be eligible you just have to provide your email address! Items like our popular pool house pendant lights and pinecone wreath are 30% off plus the free shipping! This favorite white wood serving board is also the lowest price I’ve ever seen! You can shop their sale here.
- SUMMERSALT has their best-selling suits marked 30% off! You can shop their site here.
- TARGET has a number of home deals sitewide! You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX has a number of deals sitewide and is offering free shipping on orders $89+ with code SHIP89! You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH has a number of new items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- TUCKERNUCK has a bunch of cute items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- WALMART has markdowns on some of their most popular items right now, like this Half-Zip Fleece, this Smocked Square Shoulder Top and Striped Sweater I own and love! You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is offering up to 75% off clearance items. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is offering up to 75% off clearance items. You can shop their site here.
- WORLD MARKET is offering 10% off curbside and store pickups to members (it’s free to join)! You can shop their site here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the below channels: