Good morning! I hope you all had a nice first weekend of April! Here’s a little bit of what we’ve been up to these past few weeks.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Home Projects & Updates
My closet is 90% finished! Over the past two weeks, Kurtis wrapped up his part and then I caulked, filled, sanded and painted. Here you can see one half with the first coat. It turned out great and it’s so nice to have a closet back! Sadly it doesn’t look as nice and clean now that all my clothes are back in. Kurtis has very monotone colored clothes (all shades of blue) so his side looks like a show room. I told him it looks like Rainbow Bright threw up on my side. Ha! I’ll share some reveal pics shortly once we get everything wrapped up.
We had to have the upper portion of our driveway replaced last week. Always a super fun way to spend money. But, with the construction we’ve had in our backyard over the last six years, it’s been needed for nearly just as long. We held out until we knew we were done with large projects and heavy machinery.
It turned out great though and nice to have behind us!
We spent much of the weekend purging and doing a bunch of spring cleaning! We always love to crank out us much work like this before the pool opens, so we don’t feel as guilty spending so much time out there! It also helped that we were working on our closets so we could really evaluate which clothes we wanted to bring back in. And yes, I still have my Christmas wreath on the door. Better yet, the exterior still has last summer’s wreaths on it. You win some, you lose some 😉
I honestly don’t even remember when I ordered this new side table/nightstand for our guest bedroom. It was either Labor Day or Black Friday last year, but it showed up last week. But I do remember I paid about half what the price is now. I need to get it styled a little differently and hide the cords, but I’m super happy with it! I also realized I hadn’t changed the look or any of the textiles in this room since Fall of 2020. I’m hoping to change that this year in my upcoming spring home tour!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the past two week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
Following are last week’s bestsellers.
In Case You Missed It
Following are the posts I shared over the past two weeks, in case you missed some days!
- Weekend Recap
- Outdoor Planters
- Wednesday Watch List
- Hola Beaches 30A Progress Pics
- Walmart Coastal Decor
- Wednesday Watch List
- The 12 Best Affordable Flatware Sets
Following are the most read blog posts of last week (excluding any of the new posts already mentioned above). Many times this includes old posts that are popular on Google or Pinterest.
Around Town & For Fun
Princess Zoe, our goddaughter, came and visited us two weeks ago (to borrow some brown sugar). It was a fairly warm day, so she practiced “hopping out” of the pool and ordering some water (with a straw!) from the pool house bar. She was pretty excited about the concept.
That night, Nick grilled chicken thighs so we picked up some local beer to bring along with us. We always love the Zipline Beer Lounge if you’re local!
Z is very much in a Rapunzel phase and performed a few songs for us on the ukulele we bought her for Christmas. She has a birthday coming up in a few weeks, so it made her gift very easy to figure out 😉
Wednesday I had to take the cats to the vet for their annual checkup and vaccines. One of the vet techs asked if I wanted Bailey’s bum shaved a bit, because it’s harder for her to clean with her neuropathy. I have to brush and groom her several days a week so I was totally up for it. The shave job was a bit more aggressive than I expected, but I actually think Bailey loves it! And the great news is, despite their advancing ages (almost 16 and 14 for the two younger ones) they got a mostly clean bill of health!
Our little handsome man. Always so proper with his paws crossed!
Lots of meals out this week! I met my friend Jen for sushi on Tuesday, followed by tacos with Kurtis on Wednesday, and beers at Blatt on Friday with our friends. Wednesday night, I worked on the computer for a few hours after we got home from dinner. I walked to the kitchen and realized it was softly snowing.
I didn’t think much of it, since it wasn’t in the forecast, but woke up to a white yard on Thursday. With it being the last day of March, all I could think was “this crap had better not be happening in April!” Thankfully it melted fairly quickly!
It definitely has me dreaming of the beautiful Gulf water we saw just a few short weeks ago! This is another one of the images from our drone. It’s been a bit crazy around here, but I am planning to find a way to have a downloadable print shop with some of these images for any of you that are interested! If any of you offer something similar, I’d love to know what platform works best for you.
I also wanted to mention that Serena & Lily has special pricing on all outdoor items right now and it all ships for free. That includes many items that don’t necessarily seem like outdoor products, including our favorite striped rug. It also includes most items in our pool house!
POOL HOUSE LIVING ROOM SOURCES: Outdoor Sofa (Perennials Basketweave – Chalk) | Outdoor Swivel Chairs (Perennials Basketweave – Coastal Blue) | Round Storage Side Table | Rug | Woven Stools | Indoor/Outdoor Palm Pillow Cover | Indoor/Outdoor Striped Pillow Cover | Indoor/Outdoor Fringe Lumbar Pillow Cover | POOL HOUSE DINING ROOM SOURCES: Dining Table | Outdoor Dining Chairs | Star Pendant Light | Faux Bougainvillea | White Circle Dot Pot | POOL HOUSE KITCHEN & BAR SOURCES: Basket Pendant Lights | Aged Brass Star Sconces | Striped Runner Rug | Backless Counter Stools | Cabinet Ball Knobs | Drawer Bin Pulls | Counter Depth Fridge | Beverage Fridges | LVP Floors | Faux Viburnum Stems | Blue Vase | Cabinet Colors: BM Simply White (perimeter) & BM Santorini Blue (island) | Countertops: White Macaubas Quartzite
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some sale from the weekend that have carried over and are still going strong!
- AMAZON has a number of deals in their Today’s Deals section. This designer look for less light fixture is nearly 20% off today! You can shop their site here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering an extra 40% off sale styles. You can shop their site here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE has a number of new items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering 20% off all rugs and up to 20% off all indoor furniture! You can shop their sale here.
- BODEN is offering 20% off all Mini with code CW20. You can shop their site here.
- GAP is offering 50% off tops, dresses and more. Plus get 40% off the rest of your purchase with code FAVES, and an extra 10% off at checkout with code ADDIT. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering 30% off your purchase, including sales styles, with code SPRING. You can shop their site here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering up to 50% off everything. Plus get an extra 25% off your $75+ purchase and free shipping with code BIG25. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering 40% off many styles sitewide! You can shop their sale here.
- LULULEMON has added a bunch of popular items to their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- MADEWELL is offering up to 40% off with code YESPLS. You can shop their site here.
- MARK & GRAHAM has up to 70% off tons of items during their Spring Warehouse Sale. You can also get free gift wrap with code SPRING. You can shop their site here.
- MARSHALL’s has a number of deals sitewide plus free shipping on orders of 89+ with code SHIP89. You can shop their site here.
- MICHAELS is offering 20% off regular priced items with code 22MADEBYYOU. You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM has a number of new markdowns in their sale section. You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY is offering 50% off your purchase to cardmembers with code SHOP. You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK is hosting their Spring Red Tag Sale with 1000s of items up to 70% off! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN currently has limited sales & clearance items here. Read more about what I’ve heard about potential upcoming sales here. You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENTATION is hosting a Warehouse Sale with up to 70% off select styles for your home. You can shop their site here.
- RIFLE PAPER CO. has a bunch of cute items on sale, including 2022 planners if you’re still needing one. You can shop their site here.
- SERENA & LILY is offering special pricing on all things outdoors! You can see my top picks here. You can shop their sale here.
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off furniture – online only. You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX has a number of deals sitewide and is offering free shipping on orders $89+ with code SHIP89! You can see some of myt recent top picks here. You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH has added a number of new items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- TUCKERNUCK has a bunch of cute items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is hosting their Fresh Savings Event with items up to 70% off. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is also hosting their Fresh Savings Event with items up to 75% off. You can shop their site here.
- WORLD MARKET is offering 10% off curbside and store pickups to members (it’s free to join)! You can shop their site here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the below channels: