Good morning! I hope you all had a nice and relaxing weekend after such an incredibly heavy week for our country and world. Here’s a bit of what we have been up to this past week.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Home Projects & Updates
I have a lot to fill you in on on the pool house front. So much so that I think I’ll plan to do a monthly update tomorrow to get you up to speed on everything.
The exterior sider was finally able to start on the project last week. We’re excited for that to get wrapped up this week so we don’t have to worry about any future rain storms!
We also got our kitchen cabinets! Here’s a sneak peek of the cabinets halfway through the install. This was Thursday night after the installers left. Kurtis was golfing with our brother-in-law, so I took the opportunity to test the counter stools in the space. Needless to say, I was freaking out just a little tiny bit! 😉 I’ll share a bunch more photos in tomorrows post, including how the island looks now (under all the cardboard they had to wrap it back up in).
On Friday afternoon, the trim carpentry started once the cabinet guys were wrapped up. Which means the shiplap siding is about halfway done! They were able to wrap up almost all of the ceiling before they left Friday. They’re already back out there this morning working on the walls and the rest of the space!
We also met our builder to finalize carpet and pad selections for the closets. I think we were at the showroom maybe 10 minutes max. It felt good for one decision to move so quickly!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the past week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
In Case You Missed It
Here are last week’s blog posts, in case you missed any of them! Click any of the titles below to be taken to the full post:
Following are the most read blog posts of last week (excluding any of the new posts already mentioned above). Many times this includes old posts that are popular on Google or Pinterest! It’s fun to see what is trending each week!
- The Best Green Paint Colors
- 50 Things To Do When Bored At Home
- The Best Blue Gray Paint Colors and Our Freshly Painted Front Door
- The Best Exterior White Paint Colors
- Pottery Barn York Sofa Review
Around Town & For Fun
Wednesday night, we randomly decided to go to Dante, one of our favorite restaurants in town. We usually save it for special occasions so it was fun to go on a random Wednesday! They have a seasonal pizza right now (the Basilico) with fresh tomatoes on it and Kurtis can’t get enough of it. So he basically wants to go there every week until they pull it off the menu 😉 When we got home, we headed out to the courtyard because it was such a beautiful night! Turns out it was so beautiful, the mosquitos were out in full force. I didn’t realize it until we came in and my body was covered with bites. I even have two on my face. Meanwhile Kurtis has zero bites. I’m truly a mosquito magnet.
The cats only tried to run away a handful of times. I think they’re over the construction 😉
Friday afternoon we were supposed to get some big storms. Thankfully they never came to fruition (despite the dark skies) since our exterior siding still isn’t finished. But, since we couldn’t go out to the pool, we made it a double-header movie night. Which is basically a dream night for the cats! We watched ‘It’s Complicated’ followed by ‘Ghosts of Girlfriends Past’. Super random, but Kurtis kept telling me he was going to go upstairs and work for awhile, so I went super chick-flick-y with the picks. And they he stayed and watched them both 😉
Saturday evening we went to our friend’s house for a later afternoon pool party. The temps were only in the high 70’s – which meant it was way too cold for the adults to swim. But with 85+ degree weather the kids couldn’t have cared less! Our goddaughters were also there and Zoe refused to go past the first step all night. She started preschool last week though, so it was a big week for her!
Sunday we finally got some time in the pool! It was only in the low 80’s outside, but with the sun finally out, we made the most of it! Here you can also see a peek at the exterior siding that is finished on the pool house too. Some of it has to come down this week (I’ll share more on that tomorrow), but it’s fun to see that tiny section on the right where the board and batten is all up!
I’m going to miss this sparkling water when we have to close up the pool in the next month or so!
Perhaps the most interesting news around here this weekend was that Kurtis and I officially decided to go down to one car! Now that we know he’s officially staying home from work, we had conversations about it for a month or so. Over the past year and a half, he had only put about 1,000 miles on his car, and that was mostly because he felt like he should take it occasionally. We could honestly only count on one hand the number of times over the past 18 months where we were using both cars at the same time. It turns out he actually preferred driving my mid-sized SUV over his sedan. With all the car shortages right now, we had been getting emails and ads from our dealer saying they wanted our cars (mine specifically).
So, long story short, we had a meeting Saturday and will be moving forward with being a one-car household! We’re essentially building a new version of mine (since there are literally zero cars available on the dealer’s lot), and will be handing mine over once it’s ready. But Kurtis’ will likely be gone this week. Despite being a little nervous, I’m actually really excited for this change (and the cost savings that comes with it)!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are the sales from the weekend that are still going strong.
- AMAZON has a number of deals sitewide in the Daily Deals section. You can shop their sales here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering $30 off full-price pants and denim with code COMEBACK and an extra 50-60% off all summer sale styles. You can shop their site here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering 30% off must-have decor and entertaining pieces (includes Capri Blue candles) plus an extra 25% off sale items. No code required. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up to 20% off indoor furniture as well as up to 20% off all outdoor! You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering free shipping on all orders and $25 off $125+ with code STYLE25 and free shipping on all orders. You can shop their site here.
- GAP is offering up to 50% off activewear and sweats, an extra 50% off sale styles with code MORE, and 10% off regular-priced styles at checkout with code YOURS. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering up to 40% off summer picks and lounge styles. You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering up to 50% off sitewide for their Back To School event. You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLAND’S is offering 20% off one regular-priced item with code SAVE. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering $39.50 full-priced jeans, 30% off select full-priced styles, and 40% off full-priced tops. You can shop their site here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is offering an additional 25% off sale styles with code EXTRA25. You can shop their site here.
- MARSHALL’s has a number of deals sitewide including new markdowns. This Round Braided Rug is a great designer look for less and is available in two sizes. You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM has a number of new markdowns sitewide. You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY is offering up to 50% off sitewide. Plus get 30% off your order at checkout – no code required. You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK is hosting their End of Summer Sale with up to 70% off 1000s of items! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is offering up to 70% off 1000s of items and free shipping on non-freight items with a purchase of $99+ with code FREESHIP. You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY is a dining sale, with up to 20% off all dining items, including furniture and accessories. You can shop their site here.
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off select home items. You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX is has a number of deals sitewide! You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH has a number of new items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- TUCKERNUCK has added some new sale pieces that are all darling per usual! You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is also hosting their Midsummer Sale with up to 75% off tons of items sitewide. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is also hosting a clearance sale with up to 60% off 100s of items sitewide. You can shop their site here.
- WORLD MARKET is offering up to 50% off select outdoor furniture. You can shop their site here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used