Good morning! I hope you all had a nice long weekend! It’s been a busy few weeks around here, so we’re looking forward to just being home for a bit (even if that also involves packing). We spent most of last week in Sonoma/Napa for our friend’s 40th birthday, and then a pretty quiet weekend at home. Here’s a little bit of what else we’ve been up to this past week!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Home Projects & Updates
Upon our return from Sonoma, we spent the weekend working on packing and purging. The girls “helped” me in the pool house, but mostly they were just following me around and seeking out the sun in each room I was in.
I’m bummed I forgot to take a “before” picture, but we also worked on purging a bunch of our kitchen cabinets and drawers. We know we’ll have to leave the packing of our kitchen items until the very last minute. With that, we also don’t want to be purging and sorting at that time. We were able to donate about half of every drawer in the spaces we worked on, and get rid of a lot of duplicates or items we know we don’t use. Turns out nobody needs five sets of measuring cups, four sets of measuring spoons, etc. With a few of our drawers being so deep, it was harder to keep them organized. So happy to have these spaces cleaned out so when the day gets closer, we can quickly throw what we actually need/use all in a box and be done with it!
Now that we’re in the phase where we need to start selling a handful of pieces of furniture (Kurtis’ old desk included), we moved him to the den. Since the den is now empty (except for the coffee table the new owners bought) it gives him a dedicated office – on a six foot folding table 😉 But this way we can sell his old desk without interrupting work. And for those wondering why Kurtis never gets the office on the main floor, his monitor setup alone should give you a clue. I can’t even look at this. Ha!
Speaking of selling furniture, in addition to his old desk (which I can’t even find a picture of), we’ll also be selling our dining room chairs and hutch. Depending on the time of day and the way the sun hits the room, the hutch can definitely look darker in person. The chairs retailed for $549 each and we’re asking $200 each (only selling as a set at this time). And I honestly don’t even remember retail on the hutch (it was from the design gallery at NFM) but we’re asking $700 for that. Send me an email if you have interest in either – I can get you measurements then too! Must be a local pick-up only.
DINING ROOM SOURCES: Dining Table | Dining Chairs (look for less here) | Hand Tufted Wool Rug | Linear Chandelier (look for less here) | Abstract Art | Hutch Details | Dip-Dyed Serving Boards | Vase | Faux Fan Palms
I sent this pic to my mom yesterday. In Utah, they have a much more difficult time growing sweet potato vines because it’s so dry and they need so much water. The one below is one I never actually planted this summer. It’s still in the little 3″ pot that I purchased it in and then just sat in my planter. And somehow it’s the largest one I’ve maybe ever grown! Clearly this one gets hit by the sprinklers because all of my others are dead at this point.
I dug up about half of my dead planters over the weekend and need to wrap that up this week! It’s hard to believe it’s already that time of year!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the past week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
In Case You Missed It
Following are the posts I shared over the past week, in case you missed some days!
Following are the most read blog posts of last week (excluding any of the new posts already mentioned above). Many times this includes old posts that are popular on Google or Pinterest.
Around Town & For Fun
As mentioned, we spent most of last week in Sonoma/Napa! It was such a great getaway and we had so much fun with our friends celebrating Jill’s 40th birthday! I’ve received a number of requests on Instagram to share our itinerary, and although I didn’t plan it, I’m happy to share where we went. Originally I was going to just drop it all here in the Weekend Recap, but I think instead I’ll create a post later this week with the full itinerary. That way it will be easier to find and other’s can leave comments with their favorite recommendations. I’m definitely not calling it a trip guide because I did essentially zero of the research, but I’m happy to share where we went and what we did. Jill did a really great job of mixing things up and it was such a great time!
We stayed at The Lodge at Sonoma and hit the pool for a few hours before dinner on the day we arrived. We couldn’t have asked for better weather – cold, crips mornings followed by hot afternoons!
Is anyone shocked I made friends with the little cat that was wandering the hotel grounds?! He’d come running whenever he saw me and it was basically the cutest thing.
I shared this next image on Instagram and it still makes me laugh! Kurtis had to miss half of our first full day in Napa due to his quarterly meetings he couldn’t miss. I made sure he knew he was there in spirit. Also, such a flattering photo of me 😉
It was such a great group to travel with, and we had so much fun! Stay tuned for the full itinerary!
In random news of the week, on Saturday night I got a message on Instagram from our guest at Hola Beaches. Apparently there had been a wild chicken wandering the neighborhood for a few days, and it had decided to make our porch it’s home. Her daughter loved it and they named her Bertha! I texted a few of my friends in the area, and Ashley said she thought it may be their neighborhood chicken that had been missing for a week or two. She drove over at about 9:30 that night, rescued it, and drove it home. Turns out she may now have a pet chicken that just wants to hang out at her house 😉 I’m pretty sure we’ll laugh about this one for years to come!
The cats definitely missed us over these past two weeks. Hawkeye especially has been very clingy and follows me literally wherever I go. I not-so-secretly love it since he’s not always the most affectionate cat! These two continue to crack me up with this cushion. When one is already on it, the other will sit literally just wherever they see fabric, so they tend to end up in some interesting positions!
I was laying on the couch briefly yesterday in between packing, and Henley and Hawkey both jumped up to join me. They haven’t been getting along super well (Henley refuses to let him nearby) so I was shocked they cuddled up and fell asleep together! I also clearly need to clean my reverse camera lens!
We didn’t make it out to the pool this past weekend because the weather was being a bit weird. But we did make it to Dante for a pre-birthday dinner for me and then followed it up with a drink at Alice afterwards. Kurtis’ drink was essentially a Mexican Mule, but they lit in on fire and threw cinnamon at it to make it spark and it was pretty dang cool!
Aside from being a short week, things are pretty normal now around here for the next few weeks! Finally! All the travel was a lot of fun, but we’re both such creatures of habits and crave our routines. It will be nice to have a little semblance of normalcy before the big move. It’s my (42nd!!) birthday today so we may head out to the pool or dinner tonight, and then my parents fly in for a quick visit this weekend. It should be equal parts chill and fun this week!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some sale from the weekend that have carried over and are still going strong! You can see my top picks here.
- AMAZON has a number of daily deals happening now! Our favorite slim faux olive tree is 38% off today! You can shop their site here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering an extra 30% off all sale styles. You can shop their site here.
- ANNIE SELKE is offering 20% off sitewide with code BYESUMMER20. Strongly contemplating using this rug in Florida! You can shop their site (and many of my favorite rugs) here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE has a number of new items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering 20-70% off everything sitewide! You can shop their sale here.
- CIRCA LIGHTING is offering 20% off sitewide. All prices as marked. You can shop their site here.
- COLLEEN ROTHSCHILD is offering 20% off sitewide with code LABORDAY. I just ran out of this face lotion and need to get more – I love it so much! You can shop their site here.
- DUDLEY STEPHENS is offering 30% off sitewide (no exclusions, discount added automatically)! This is one of the few sites offering a pre-season sale! Their fleece turtlenecks are my all-time favorite, and although we’re soon moving to Florida, I’m keeping all of mine. There’s always time for cozy pullovers! You cans hop their site here.
- GAP is offering up to 50% off tons of items sitewide; an extra 50% off sale styles with code GOSHOP; and an extra 10% off regular priced styles at checkout with code TREAT. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering 40% off your purchase and an extra 50% off sale styles with code LONGWKND. Most of the items in the collage below are included in the sale! You can shop their site here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering 50% sitewide, no exclusions. Plus get an extra 70% off clearance with code SHOPQUICK! You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLANDS is offering up to 50% off fall. You can shop their site here.
- LOFT is offering 30% off pants and jeans and an extra 30% off sale styles with code GOOD. You can shop their sale here.
- LULU & GEORGIA is offering 20% off your purchase. No code required – discount applied at checkout. You can shop their site here.
- LULULEMON has added a bunch of popular items to their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- MADEWELL is offering an additional 40-50% off their sale styles & 30% off fall favorites with code LONGWEEKEND. You can shop their site here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is hosting their Labor Day Weekend Warehouse Sale with up to 70% off their clearance section. You can shop their site here.
- MARSHALL’s has a number of deals sitewide plus free shipping on orders of 89+ with code SHIP89. This pair of dining chairs is an excellent S&L look for less option! You can shop their site here.
- MICHAELS is offering 20% off regular priced items with code 22MADEBYYOU. You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM has a number of new sale items across fashion and home. Our favorite plush throw blankets are currently at Anniversary Sale prices! They currently have 25% off several colors of the Our Place Always Pan Set. You can shop their site here.
- OLD NAVY is offering 30% off your purchase – no code required. You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK is hosting their Labor Day Clearance Sale with 1000s of items up to 70% off! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is hosting a Labor Day Warehouse Sale with up to 70% off tons of items sitewide. The sofa we love so much is on sale in a bunch of fabric offerings (read my full review here)! You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is also hosting a Labor Day Warehouse Sale with items marked up to 75% off! Plus get free shipping on cabinet hardware, hooks and more. You can shop their site here.
- RIFLE PAPER CO. is offering 25% off everything with code TAKE25. You can shop their site here.
- RUGS USA is offering up to 75% off sitewide for the Labor Day sale, plus get $75 off orders over $300! You can shop their site here.
- SERENA & LILY is offering 20% off sitewide with code NEWLEAF! You can see some favorites from around our home here. You can shop their sale here.
- SUMMERSALT is offering up to 60% off 1000s of items sitewide an extra $10 off long torso styles with code LT10! You can shop their site here.
- TARGET is offering 30% off shoes for the family, up to 30% off indoor furniture and rugs and up to 25% off outdoor furniture & decor. You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX has a number of deals sitewide and is offering free shipping on orders $89+ with code SHIP89! This pair of dining chairs is back in stock! It’s the armless version of the ones we have in the pool house, and a great S&L look for less! This gorgeous rattan cabinet is also back in stock! You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH has a number of new items in their sale section. You can now get Miller Cloud Sandals for $110 off! You can shop their site here.
- TUCKERNUCK has a bunch of cute items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- WAYFAIR is offering a Labor Day Sale with up to 70% off tons of items sitewide. You can shop their sale here.
- WEST ELM is also hosting their Warehouse Sale with items marked up to 70% off! You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is offering up to 75% off clearance items. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is offering up to 75% off clearance item. You can shop their site here.
- WORLD MARKET is offering 10% off curbside and store pickups to members (it’s free to join)! You can shop their site here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the below channels: