Good morning! I hope you all had a nice weekend! I can’t believe it’s already the last Monday in September. How on earth?! Here’s a bit of what we’ve been up to around here lately.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Home Projects & Updates
We were out of town most of the week last week, so most of the progress on the pool house occurred outside. They got most of the pavers wrapped up, but from what we can tell, it looks like they may have ran out and had to order a few more. But if you look closely below, you can see the channel drain was also installed between the house and the pool deck. It basically serves as a drain between the two and run underground to keep water from going back in the pool or resting along the house.
On the other side, the installed our leftover pavers from our prior checkerboard in our grass to make this little area. We’ll be placing the grill on the right side of the door, so we just wanted a clean area and a solid surface. I think this worked out perfectly! They still need to add a few more pavers here and a bit of paint touch-up where the step didn’t cover the foundation. But other than that, I’m happy with how it all turned out – and excited that this previously neglected area of our yard will look a lot better! Straight behind where I’m taking the photo is the access to the courtyard, so it will be nice to no longer have to walk through landscaping to get there.
The unit for the mini split (HVAC) was installed last week as well. They couldn’t get it up and running since they needed access to our basement, but it sounds like it’s mostly ready to go otherwise!
With us being out of town during the work days last week, they couldn’t get inside to wrap up most of the other work. So today, we have the plumber, electrician and HVAC guys all coming to put most of the final finishes on everything. I think we’re most excited to have electricity out there! Our appliances (fridges) arrived while we were gone, as well. We’re getting so close, but that dang pivot window just got pushed back another week. I’m worried that may be the story for many more weeks to come, but I’ll keep you all posted!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the past week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
In Case You Missed It
Here are the blog posts I shared last week, in case you missed any of them! Click any of the titles below to be taken to the full post:
- Weekend Recap
- White Ceramic Vase Options & Decorating Ideas
- Wednesday Watch List
- Serena & Lily Sale Picks | Fall Design Event
- Walmart Fall Fashion Favorites
- Weekend Sale Alerts
Following are the most read blog posts of last week (excluding any of the new posts already mentioned above). Many times this includes old posts that are popular on Google or Pinterest! It’s fun to see what is trending each week!
- 2021 Amazon Fall Decor
- The Best Green Paint Colors
- 50 Things To Do When Bored At Home
- The Best Exterior White Paint Colors
- Current Home Tour
Around Town & For Fun
As I alluded to last week, Kurtis and I took an adventure down to Florida last week! We’re doing research for some potential Airbnb locations, and we absolutely fell in love with the 30A area! We stayed just between Rosemary Beach and Seaside, in a little area called The Hub. My friend Rachel, who blogs over at Pinteresting Plans, has a gorgeous home there that we rented for the week.
Rachel and I have talked on the phone and texted and messaged on Instagram before, but had never met in person. We hit it off right away and had such a fun week with her and her family. The first night we got together, it was trivia night at their beach club. The topic for the evening was Sports, and Kurtis declared it one of the best nights of his life. He finally got to put all that useless trivia in his mind to use 😉
Kurtis also loved that our house had a golf cart. They’re street legal on the 30A which was really odd to us, but they it was so fun to take around!
We purposely picked a really slow week and it was wonderful! We didn’t have to wait once to get into a restaurant which was really nice. We truly just got to enjoy so much while we were there!
The last full day we were there, the water finally started to clear up and we got a preview of the beauty of the Emerald Coast! We didn’t know anywhere in America had water like this! Earlier in the week, there were some storms and the red tide had come in, so the water wasn’t nearly as clear. So excited we finally got to see the true colors!
We also took a day to wander the streets of Alys Beach and Rosemary Beach. Holy cow – they did not disappoint!
I’m not exaggerating when I say I could have taken thousands of photos in Alys Beach and still not taken enough! So much inspiration around every single corner!
That night, we had dinner with some dear friends, who happened to be on vacation in the area at the same time! We went to The Citizen in Alys Beach and really enjoyed it! I had to also grab a photo of their interiors. There was so much to take in, but I love the cane trim around all the sconces, the unique trim on the walls that was painted navy blue, and the way they installed the cushions on a long rod with leather straps. You could probably recreate that for a bed headboard, too!
Needless to say, it was a wonderful trip and went by much too quickly! We got home Friday night and the rest of the weekend flew by from there.
Kurtis had a golf outing Saturday so I mostly worked all day trying to get caught up from the prior week. Sunday, we went out to the pool for a few hours since it may be the official end of pool season here. Our friends then had us over for homemade French dips and they were so good!
We’ll be playing a lot of catch up this week, but it was worth the time away! I’m excited for all the expected progress in the pool house this week too! Unfortunately have the pool set to close next week, so I’m guessing it will miss the timing for the reveal. But it will be nice to have everything mostly near completion!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are the sales from the weekend that are still going strong. You can see my top picks here.
- AMAZON has a number of deals sitewide in the Daily Deals section. Did you also know that your college students can get a free six month trial Amazon Prime membership? It includes a bunch of other perks too. Get all the details here. You can shop their sales here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering 50% off everything and free shipping with code CYBERFALL. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up to 20% off sitewide! You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering free shipping on all orders and $25 off $125+ with code DINE25 and free shipping on all orders. You can shop their site here.
- BODEN is hosting a sale with up to 40% off a bunch of items, and 20% off full-priced items free shipping and returns on orders of $49+ with code K9Q2. This embroidered collar sweater is an absolute stunner! You can shop their site here.
- GAP is offering up to 50% off sitewide, plus an extra 50% off sale styles with code FORYOU and an extra 10% off at checkout with code BEST. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is hosting the Fall Haul Event, offering 30% off your purchase or 40% off $250+ with code MOREFALL. Most of the items below are included in the sale! You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering up to 50% off everything. Plus get an extra 20% at checkout (once you sign in) if you’re a J. Crew Rewards member (it’s free to join)! Sharing a few favorites below that are included in the sale! You can shop their sale here.
- MADEWELL is offering 20% off everything for Insiders (it’s free to join!). Sign in or sign up to see the discount. You can shop their site here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is offering up to 70% off sale styles. This Wood & Rattan Breakfast Tray would make such a great gift! You can shop their site here.
- MARSHALL’s has a number of deals sitewide including new markdowns. You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM has a number of new markdowns in their sale section. They also have a bunch of Jo Malone items price-matched now at 15% off! You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY is offering 30% off your purchase – no code required. They also have 50% off jeans for the family! You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK is hosting their Anniversary Sale with free shipping on everything and up to 70% off 1000s of items! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is hosting a clearance sale on 1000s of items, as well as free shipping on all eligible items with a purchase of $99+ with code FREESHIP. We have the chrome version of this Pearson Shade Sconce in our small guest bathroom and it’s stunning! But, the warm bronze version is a killer deal this weekend and also looks beautiful! You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is offering up to 75% off tons of items sitewide. You can shop their site here.
- SERENA & LILY is offering 20% off sitewide with only a few exclusions – use code NEWSEASON! You can see my top picks here. You can shop their sale here.
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off select home items, with extra savings if you’re a Target Circle member (it’s free to join!). You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX is has a number of deals sitewide! You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH has a number of new items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- TUCKERNUCK has added some new sale pieces that are all darling per usual! You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is hosting a clearance sale with up to 75% off tons of items sitewide. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is also hosting a clearance sale with up to 75% off 100s of items. You can shop their site here.
Have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used