Good morning, and happy Monday! I hope you all had a nice weekend. Ours was pretty lowkey and mostly uneventful! But, here’s what we’ve been up to this past week.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Home Projects & Updates
The electrician wrapped up this stage of his work in the pool house on Monday. Everything is now fully wired and it set the stage for insulation and drywall. Also, I can’t even tell you how badly I want to rip all the film off all of our windows and doors. Ha!
I’ve never been so excited in my life to see insulation get delivered! 😉
Once the drywall and insulation started to go up, things started to change in here dramatically, from a looks perspective. It’s so nice to look out and see so much more white in lieu of all the orange lumber! The insulation/drywall guys will be back today to fix a few things and to wrap up the job. It will also need to get taped, but we don’t have to go through all the traditional mudding and sanding stages since it will all be covered. I think the trim carpenter will then be here later this week to hang the shiplap siding on the interior and get all the trim work done!
On Thursday, all of my upholstered furniture arrived for the pool house. They are absolutely gorgeous in person and I can’t wait to see them in the space once it’s all completed. You can see all of my design plans and get all sources in this post. The dining table I ordered for the space is set to be delivered tomorrow, so things are going to get really interesting around here from a storage perspective!
Kurtis and I were out at the pool that evening and I came in to find Henley enjoying her new sofa 😉
Some of our bushes out back had gotten crazy unruly, so I trimmed them up with this favorite of ours. We love that it uses the same 20V battery as our leaf blower, tree trimmer (pole saw), drills and a few other items!
I wrapped up most of my final orders for the pool house last week, including kitchen cabinet hardware, the ceiling fan, air switch for the disposal, fireplace tile…all the little details. I’ll put together another post on all that in the next week or so.
I talked to the builders last week and it sounds like everything is still pretty much on schedule. Which means the kitchen cabinets will likely be installed in two weeks! Holy cow! Things are starting to get really real around here, and we’re ready for it!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the past week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
In Case You Missed It
Here are last week’s blog posts, in case you missed any of them! Click any of the titles below to be taken to the full post:
- Weekend Recap
- Random Re-Stocks, Finds & Buys
- Wednesday Watch List
- The Best Black Paint Colors
- Weekend Sale Alerts
Following are the most read blog posts of last week (excluding any of the new posts already mentioned above). Many times this includes old posts that are popular on Google or Pinterest! It’s fun to see what is trending each week!
- The Best Green Paint Colors
- 50 Things To Do When Bored At Home
- The Best Blue Gray Paint Colors and Our Freshly Painted Front Door
- The Best Exterior White Paint Colors
- Pottery Barn York Sofa Review
Around Town & For Fun
It turns out I was pretty terrible at taking pictures this week! But we had a fun evening at our house with Kurtis’ sister and brother-in-law. We ordered in dinner from Lazlo’s and then played cards for a few hours.
Saturday afternoon, we had to pick up our newlywed niece and her husband from the airport after their return from Maui for their honeymoon. Once they were on their way back to Iowa, Kurtis and I decided to hit up Scriptown while we were downtown. We always love when we have the chance to go there and usually order a Noli’s pizza and eat it at Scriptown while we’re there. As we were leaving, I was going to take a picture of their patio and Kurtis said “wait, the pizza box from Noli’s should be included too.” So, here you have it 😉
So, the not-so-fun part of the weekend. We had another crazy storm blow through on Saturday night. Some reports say our area of town got nearly 6″ of rain in under an hour. It was absolute insanity. We had water coming in the pool house in a few spots (mostly due to the fact we still don’t have gutters and exterior siding). And the craziest thing of all is that our pool actually filled up over the liner (which is the one thing they tell you to never let happen). I know it’s super hard to see here, but the water was basically touching our coping.
Looking at the bright side of things, this was a super rare storm and it gave us a chance to see any potentially compromised areas in the pool house before any real damage could be done. One of the builders came out first things Sunday morning to look at everything. He’s going to have the roofer come back early this week to double check everything but we’re pretty sure it’s a no-siding and no-rain-gutters type of issue. Especially with the volume of rain we got in such a short window of time. Another bright spot is that none of the water came in our house like it did last time (when the roof wasn’t completed yet).
We have two trees dying in our yard (this bald cypress out front) and one pine near the pool equipment. Plus an already dead columnar oak tree in our backyard. I need to run to the nursery this week to see what’s going on. But, the hazy sun through the bald cypress made for a pretty scene last week!
Here’s the other problematic tree. It’s crazy because we swear it was totally fine one day, and then the next time we saw it, it was yellowing. I’m hoping we caught it quick enough that we can reverse whatever is happening! Thankfully, if we have to lose one of those three trees, I’d rather it be that one since it isn’t as critical for covering up the pool equipment.
Last night we headed down to our BFFs’ house for fajitas. Afterwards, Zoe made me jump on the trampoline with her and we made s’mores! Got to soak up all these days of summer while we still can! Z is starting pre-school in two weeks which is so hard to believe.
We’re hoping for more good progress in the pool house this week! I also need to order the last handful of items so that everything gets here in time. I’m excited to share all the final items I ordered, especially the dining light I selected for the space! I’ll be sure to share more soon.
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are the sales from the weekend that are still going strong. You can see my top picks here.
- AMAZON has a number of deals sitewide in the Daily Deals section. Our slim faux olive tree is 29% off today and will ship early September – just in time for fall decor! It would look really cute with this Woven Basket that is also on sale. You can shop their sales here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering 50% off wardrobe must-haves with code MUSTHAVES. You can shop their site here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering 30% off select pillows and throws plus an extra 25% off sale items. No code required. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up to 20% off sitewide. They have a great price on the mirror we’re using in the pool house bathroom! You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering up to 40% off curated styles & an extra 50% off sale. Plus cardmembers get an extra 20% off with code BRCARD20. You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering free shipping on all orders and $25 off $125+ with code STYLE25 and free shipping on all orders. You can shop their site here.
- BROOKE & LOU is offering 20% off sitewide with code 3YEARS. You can shop their sale here.
- GAP is offering up to 50% off sitewide, an extra 40% off sale styles with code DEAL, and 10% off regular-priced styles at checkout with code YOURS. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering up to 30% off work-from-wherever styles and an extra 30% off sale styles with code SALETIME. You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering 40% off sitewide, plus an extra 15% off $125+ with code EXTRAWOW. You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLAND’S is offering 15% off one regular-priced item with code AUGUST or 20% off one harvest or Halloween item with code HARVEST. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering up to 40% off full-priced styles with code WANT. You can shop their site here.
- LULULEMON has a number of new items in their sale section, including some new Align and Wunder leggings! You can shop their sale here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is hosting their Warehouse Sale with up to 75% off tons of items sitewide! You can shop their site here.
- MARSHALL’s has a number of deals sitewide including new markdowns. This Round Braided Rug is a great designer look for less and is available in two sizes. You can shop their site here.
- OLD NAVY is offering up to 50% off kid’s clothes. Plus get 25% off your order at checkout – no code required. You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK is hosting their End of Summer Sale with up to 70% off 1000s of items! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is hosting their Warehouse Sale, with items marked up to 75% off. Plus they have free shipping on non-freight items with a purchase of $99+ with code FREESHIP. You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY is hosting their Summer Tent Sale. I love these Scallop Quilted Pillows! You can shop their site here.
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off select home items. You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX is has a number of deals sitewide! I love this Pair of Table Lamps! You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH has a number of new items in their sale section. I’m loving how unique these Tiny Miller Thong Sandals are! You can shop their site here.
- TUCKERNUCK has added some new sale pieces that are all darling per usual! You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is hosting their Warehouse Sale, with items marked up to 75% off. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is also hosting their Warehouse Sale, with items marked up to 75% off. You can shop their site here.
- WORLD MARKET is offering up to 40% off select outdoor furniture. You can shop their site here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used