I hope you all had a nice weekend! We woke up today to more snow and our high today is 28 degrees, so it kind of feels like fall might officially be over. Here’s what we’ve been up to this past week.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
I finally shared our new automated window coverings on Instagram last week! If you hop over, I have a highlight saved as “Window Coverings” where you’ll see this photo below in the round circle. If you click that I’m giving a live demonstration of how they work. We are loving them so much and their features are pretty unbelievable! Once we have some more time with them, I’ll plan to do a detailed blog post about them. But in the meantime I hope that additional information helps!
LIVING ROOM SOURCES: Automated Window Coverings | Linen Sofa | Linen Pillow | Textured Stripe Pillow Cover | Chunky Knit Throw | Coffee Table | Similar Wood Chain Decor | Woven Basket | Woven Bench | Faux Cypress Tree – old from Amethyst Home
We got word last week that Kurtis now won’t be going back to the office until June 1 at the earliest. Previously it was January 1. It wasn’t a huge surprise, but also, we both have very mixed emotions about it. He’s very much ready to get back and to see his co-workers but also very much appreciates he has the ability to work from home. Unfortunately when he works in a tower downtown with several thousand employees that have to use elevators, logistics get a bit crazy to re-open doors fully!
So, with that, we’ve decided to re-prioritize our project list for fall/winter. There are several things we had set up as temporary solutions for him working from home, but it’s obviously not so temporary any longer. And with the darker days of winter approaching quickly (and us no longer being able to leverage outdoor work spaces), we’re going to try and get a move on some of them! Anything to avoid going stir crazy all winter!
It was brutally cold here over the weekend by October standards and we even got snow overnight again. So, we did something crazy and set up one of our Christmas trees and the garland and lights on our mantel. In theory I won’t actually be decorating them for at least a week or two, but we’ll see how it goes. In 2020 there are no rules 😉 The lights already make us so happy so I’m so glad we decided to do it! If the holidays make you happy, don’t apologize for decorating early this year – even if it is before Halloween!
I also heard from a very sleuth-like reader that Amazon version of the tree above that I shared last week may not be the exact same tree and I think she’s right. The stock photos are nearly identical and it’s the same manufacturer, light count and size. But it may be slightly different. So, I actually ordered the Amazon version over the weekend and it should arrive tomorrow so I can do a comparison for you. I feel so bad I possibly led you all astray, but thankfully the Amazon one has excellent reviews. And for $189 less it may end up being the better version. But stay tuned. I want to make sure you guys have all the info!
In super exciting news, we’re finally meeting with the contractor tomorrow to go over plans for our guest bathroom makeover. I still have to pick out some of the final finishes but the vanity arrives Friday so we need to get going on this one! Here’s a super high-level look at the plans I originally put together at the beginning of the year when we planned to tackle it (before everything shut down).
MOOD BOARD SOURCES: Vanity | Pivot Mirrors | Light Fixtures | Vanity Faucet | Faux Greenery | Paint-Dipped Vase | Towels | Beveled Subway Tile | Carrara Mosaic Tile | Memory Foam Bath Mats | Toilet | Moravian Star Light Fixture | Shower Head | Paint Color: Benjamin Moore Simply White
Now that we know Kurtis is working from home for at least another eight months, he also thinks we should tackle a few cosmetic updates to our smaller guest bathroom too. It’s the one that’s connected to the bedroom he uses as his work office right now. We basically just want the tile floors torn out (they’re dark brown 12×12 tiles) and a new vanity (the current one is melamine with very bleached out countertops). He’s thinking it would be a pretty affordable addition to the project if they’re already here working. So, I’ll keep you posted if we go that route!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
Around Town & For Fun
My amazing sister-in-law and brother-in-law hosted us for dinner over the weekend for a belated birthday celebration for me. I wore my new sassy ruffled floral print top! I can never so no when J. Crew offers the Liberty of London prints! I’m also wearing these vintage straight jeans I’ve been loving so much. They’re both still half off through the end of the day with code FRIDAY.
They were so sweet and had several surprises in store for me. One of which was my bacon jalapeno deviled egg birthday cake! I am so not a birthday cake person, so her amazing deviled eggs were the perfect alternative! I shared her recipe a few years ago for those of you that may be interested. We also had homemade pizza, homemade cream puffs and played a lot of games of Euchre. It was such a fun night!
I’ve been working on a number of holiday posts to share over the coming weeks. And I wanted to share this killer deal I found on these sets of four buffalo check pillow covers. They’re such a great look for less to the PB versions and the reviews are really good!
And in case you missed it, I updated my Home for the Holiday’s post with a few mirror selfies of the various clothes on me. You can still get 20% off your purchase on their site with code SARAH20. Side note: I should have warned you there are a lot of awkward selfies and pictures of me in this post!
With the cold weather last week, Kurtis declared it “comfort food” week. So much for eating healthy! We made a roast in the crockpot with veggies, chicken and rice casserole, and my mom’s shepherd’s pie recipe. We also bought all the ingredients to make my famous mashed potatoes so those are on the menu sometime this week! I know I *still* owe you the beef jerky marinate recipe too, so maybe I’ll try and throw all the recipes in a quick post for you later this week!
I shared this look at the cowl neck tunic sweater from last week’s Wednesday Watch List on Instagram last night! Here I have it paired with these high-waist skinny jeans and these loafers. I ordered the brown and blue colors in the tunic as well because I love it so much and the price is insane! They all fit true to size, but the loafers are slightly snug since I’ve haven’t worn them much yet, so I’d order up if you’re between sizes.
Here’s a quick look at the striped sweater I also loved! It’s a boxier fit but I love the brown and hot pink combo for fall! Minus the posing double chin 😉
Kurtis was a happy boy watching football with the garland all set up yesterday. We layered two strands of garland and definitely need to still work on it. But he mostly wanted the lights at this point!
You know your office is cold when, anytime you leave your chair, a cat jumps up because it’s the warmest spot in the room. And also, yes. I’ve been sitting in said chair so much lately, I now have a seat cushion. This is 40 😉
We’re still working on “re-directing” some of Hawkeye’s extra energy away from Henley and towards more fun activities 😉 I think maybe even the cats are worried about being trapped inside all winter! Kurtis got his tinsel stick out again and Hawkeye had fun doing jumps to get it off the counter. Whatever it takes!
Not gonna lie! Now when I work at my computer at night, it’s a whole lot happier with the glow from all the lights! Here you can see the Christmas tree in our dining room, one of the LED birch trees in our courtyard and then the mantel garland behind that!
My goal is to share my 2020 Christmas design boards with you tomorrow! I know it’s early, but as I’ve been looking through products, a lot are already pushed into mid-November for delivery. This way, I figured those that want to get a head start can see them now and for those that want to wait, they can just reference them when they’re ready! You can check out my 2019 Christmas design boards in the meantime. I’m going a totally different direction this year!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some of the sales that have carried over from the weekend or new ones that have started today! You can see some of my top picks from the weekend here.
- AMAZON has a number of deals sitewide including their new holiday deals section! You can shop the sale here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE has added more items to their sale selection and are offering an additional 25% off sale clothing, shoes and accessories at checkout – no code required! You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up to 20% off all furniture. You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering up to 50% off must-have styles and an additional 60% off sale styles – prices as marked. How cute is this striped puff-sleeve sweater?! You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering $25 off your order of $125+ with code LIGHT25. They are the ones that carry a nearly identical oversized wood chain like we have in our living room, but they have a bunch of other really cute decor finds. This charcoal version of the chain is really beautiful too! You can shop their site here.
- BODEN is offering 25% off your purchase right now with code K9Q9. You can shop their sale here.
- DSW is offering buy one, get one 50% off shoes and bags with code BOGOFIFTY. You can shop their site here.
- EXPRESS is hosting their Friends & Family Sale with 50% off everything for ExpressInsiders (it’s free to join)! You can shop their site here.
- GAP is offering 40% off sitewide with code SMILE, and an additional 20% off at checkout with code GAPTREAT. You can shop their sale here.
- GIBSON is still offering an exclusive discount to my readers sitewide with code SARAH20! It includes the new Hi Sugarplum collection I shared on Thursday (I’ve updated the post with a few more pics). You can shop their site here.
- J CREW is hosting their early Black Friday sale with 50% off your purchase with code FRIDAY. I’ve been wanting this coat for years, and I don’t think the sale is ever deeper than this on traditional colors. And I bought these jeans when we were in Illinois and they’re my new go-to pair! You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is hosting a buy more save more sale, with an extra 20% off 2 items, 30% off 3 items and 40% off 4+ items with code SAVEMORE. You can shop their sale here.
SOURCES: Plaid Ruffle Top | Cheers! Graphic Tee | Button Collar Sweater | Buffalo Check Sweater Jacket | Plaid Collared Sweater | Herringbone Funnel Neck Pullover | Striped Turtleneck | Extra-Soft Crewneck Sweater | Cableknit Pom Hat | Scarf | Gold Slippers
- KIRKLAND’S is offering 25% off your entire regular priced purchase with code WEEKEND. It’s one of the bigger discounts I’ve ever seen them offer! They have some cute tree collars that are included too! You can shop their sale here.
- MADEWELL is also hosting their pre-Black Friday Sale with up to 50% off some of their most popular items and 25% off almost everything else with code SNEAKPEEK. You can shop their sale here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is hosting their fall sale with up to 30% off travel and accessories and it includes free gift wrapping! They also have up to 75% off sale styles. My favorite windowpane blanket scarves are 25% off 2 or more – such a great gift idea! You can shop their site here.
- MINTED is offering 10% off holiday cards $100+ or 15% off holiday card orders of $150+ with code HOLIDAY20! You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM is offering up to 40% off on new markdowns sitewide! Be sure to also check out their price-matched section for even more savings! They also have 30% off Caslon, BP, Halogen and more! And they have my favorite ballet flats nearly 40% off! They’re so comfy! Additional sizes available here. You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY is offering up to 50% off sitewide! And if you have Super Cash, it’s time to spend it! Plus get 30% off your purchase if you don’t have it with code HURRY. You can shop their sale here.
- ONE KINGS LANE is offering 20% off finishing touches – prices as marked. You can shop their site here.
- OVERSTOCK is offering up to 70% off 1000s of items during one of their biggest home decor sales ever! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is hosting their Annual Lighting Event, with styles marked up to 25% off. You can also get free shipping on your $79+ order with code COZY. The Fig and Straw colors of my favorite Belgian linen throw pillows are on clearance right now for 50% off. They are such gorgeous pillows! You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is offering 20% off several categories on their site. You can shop their sale here.
- RUGS.COM is offering 70-80% off + free shipping and returns on tons of rugs sitewide! You can shop their site here.
- SERENA & LILY is hosting one of their biggest sales of the year with 20% off your purchase with code LOVEHOME. Below are some favorites that are included and sources are below the image. You can shop their site here.
SOURCES: Bone Inlay Mirror | Raffia Console Table | Leather Stools | Dipped Vase | Linen Pajamas | Pendant Light | Pine Cone Wreath | Dip-Dyed Handle Serving Boards | Plaid Pillow Cover | Tassel Lumbar Pillow | Striped Counter Stool | Wood & Marble Serving Set | “Holiday” Book | We Took To The Coast Candles | Linen Napkins | Wood & Marble Coasters | White Serving Board | Cane Armchair | Wood Bowls
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off home items. The also have BOGO 50% off sweaters for men and women. You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX is finally back in the online game and is no longer limiting daily sales! How gorgeous is this Leather Weave Bench? You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH has added a lot of new pieces to their sale section – and it’s not just summer items! I’m loving this quilted version of my favorite ballet flats. And the Port color is so perfect for fall and currently $69 off! You can shop all of their sale items here.
- TUCKERNUCK has also added some new sale pieces that are all darling! You can shop their site here.
- WEST ELM is hosting a warehouse sale with up to 40% off 1000s of items. You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is hosting a dining & kitchen sale, with items marked up to 75% off. You can shop their site here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used