I am sharing with you the best deviled egg recipe with 3 amazing garnishes to make them even better!
I consider myself a bit of a deviled egg connoisseur. If they’re on a menu, I typically want to try them. But the reality is, I’m usually disappointed because I still swear my sister-in-law Janine has the world’s best and tastiest deviled egg recipe. After sharing some images of her eggs at Easter time on both Instagram and the blog, I got a bunch of messages from people asking for the egg recipe. So, I asked if she’d be willing to sharing her famous recipe, and she agreed!
Today I’m sharing what I believe to be the world’s best deviled eggs recipe!
Best Deviled Egg Recipe
- 2 dozen hard boiled eggs large or extra large
- 1 cup Hellman's mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dill weed
- Rule #1 is always boil more eggs than you need based on the recipe so you'll have plenty of filling - - I personally double the number of eggs and yes, I don't use all the egg white halves. Eggs that are nearing their expiration date seem to work better than fresh eggs.
- Cook and peel hard boiled eggs, ensure they are blotted dry with paper towels then cut in half. Place the cooked egg yolks into a mixing bowl. Place the best egg white halves in an egg tray/carrier. (I have two carriers and both hold 24 halves plus I have a glass tray that holds 12 halves.)
- Mash the egg yolks well with a fork ensuring there are no large clumps. Add all ingredients and mix very well with a stand or hand mixer ensuring the mixture is smooth. Take a quick taste to ensure it's to your liking - - - my family prefers it with a little more zing so I may add a tad more mustard, vinegar or both.
- Using a cake decorator or piping bag, fill each egg so it is very full. Garnish by sprinkling each egg with a little paprika and/or parsley. Chill until you serve.
DELICIOUS DEVILED EGG GARNISH OPTIONS
- Garnish the tops of each egg with a whole small olive or a large green olive half.
- If you like a little heat, finely chop 1-2 tbsp jalapenos and add to the mixture or top the eggs with a jalapeno ring instead of an olive.
- Garnish the top by sprinkling on finely chopped cooked bacon for a smoky flavor.
I’m a huge fan of the green olive garnish (it sounds random but is so good)! But, I’ve also tried her jalapeno and bacon options and they are both pretty amazing, as well. Others in our family prefer them plain (as you can see in the last row above). It’s fun to play around with different topping options!
BEST DEVILED EGG ACCESSORIES & TOOLS
Below are a few handy deviled egg accessories you may want to give a try next time you make them! Click the the bolded text for more info on each item.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- Store and carry egg storage
- Cake decorator (this is the one my sister-in-law used to get the look in the images)
- Porcelain egg serving dish
- Reversible wooden handle deviled egg server
I’d love to hear your thoughts if you give this delicious deviled egg recipe a try! I can honestly say it’s my favorite appetizer recipe ever!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used