I hope you all had a fun Valentine’s Day and long weekend! It was a crazy week with the temps the coldest they’ve been in a long time, but then rounded out with some warmer temps towards the end of the week. Which is good news because I was threatening to leave the state permanently prior to that 😉 Here’s what we were up to this week!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
Although I talk about this in the sale section below, this is BY FAR the lowest I’ve ever seen our faux fiddle leaf fig trees on sale for, so I wanted to bring them to your attention before we get into other updates. This is now $120 OFF THE LARGE SIZE for a one-day sale!! The most I’ve ever seen is $60 off! We have both sizes and you can see them in real-life and how to make them look real if you’re interested! I’m tempted to order another one at this price! Also – be sure to use code WEEKEND on the smaller tree to get free shipping too!
I’ve still been working on a few spring updates around our home. I moved the paisley lumbar pillow from my Wednesday Watch List a few weeks ago up to our master bedroom and already, it added the best vibe to the space! So happy with it (and the size) for the price! Side note: our wood bead chandelier is also part of the one-day sale and is now $210 off!
MASTER BEDROOM SOURCES: Paisley Lumbar Pillow | Similar Bed | Wood Bead Chandelier | Bench | Buffalo Check Bedding & Pillows | Striped Curtains | Gold Curtain Rod | Faux Olive Tree | Cane Nightstands | USB Ceramic Lamps | Rug | Similar Manzanita Branch | Similar Faux Maidenhair Fern Stems
I need to photograph our house for our spring home tour and I’d love to do that before we leave town this week! Fingers crossed!
Last week, we had a plumber come out to bid our guest bathroom and the pricing felt fair and about what we expected. I’m still waiting to get an appointment with the tile guy so once we have that bid, I’m hoping we can start getting things lined up on the calendar!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers across all of my channels for the past week (links are provided under the image)! If you missed it, I did an Instagram Stories try-on with this dress (and several others)! I saved it in my Instagram Stories highlights if you click on my profile and then the round circle that says “Resort Wear”. It will start playing in there!
Around Town And For Fun
Wednesday night, in lieu of confirmation class, we do a service event once each year with the kids. We make dry packed meals for Omaha Against Hunger (formerly Kids Against Hunger) and it’s always a lot of fun! Most flattering picture you’ll see on the internet all week! 😉
Our office has been a bit of a mess lately while we’re working on things. I’ve had to move the two poufs over to the corner by the tree, stacked on top of one another. The funny thing is Henley still loves sleeping on them. Stacked with a tree on top of her, and all! We’re thinking she feels protected there or something because otherwise it’s just weird 😉
Thursday was completely nuts. From the inside, it looked bright and sunny and spring-like! But, when I took this photo, the actual temp was -4 degrees and with the windchill it was -26 outside. WHAT?!?! This is about that moment when I was ready to pack my bags and leave the state permanently!
That night we had dinner with the BFFs. Z had learned how to sled earlier in the week, and since it was way too cold to go outside and sled, Uncle Kurtis made it happen for her inside. It was hilarious hearing her scream and giggle at the same time.
Friday was Valentine’s Day and a busy one! Hawkeye had a vet appointment to have his stones checked. They haven’t broken apart on their own with the diet change, so he’s likely going to have to have surgery once we get back from Kurtis’ trip. Poor little buddy. The good news is they don’t seem to be bothering him or affecting his bathroom habits, so we’re hoping he can remain comfortable until we get back.
I had a business lunch that day with my sweet friend Mandy before picking Hawkeye back up from the vet. I shared my cute pink ruffle top on Instagram Stories again on Friday for Valentine’s Day. It always comes across a bit more fluorescent in photos than it is in real life (but it is still very bright)! I paired it with these leather backed earrings (down to only $18 today with the extra 60% off!). Such a fun combo for spring. I also got a ton of questions on lip color this past week. I am always wearing this lip liner (in Pillowtalk) and then either pairing it with this lip gloss (in Orgasm) or this lip gloss (All Things Magical). I’m wearing the latter in the pic below!
Sunday we did something we hadn’t done in ages! We decided to see the second Jumanji while it was still in theaters. It was good but not great (definitely not nearly as good as the first). We then did a little shopping for Kurtis for shorts for his trip, followed by lunch and drinks at Local. It was a fun afternoon and it felt hot with 50 degree temps, even with the wind blowing!
We have a busy week ahead, as travel weeks tend to be. We’re headed to Nevis and since we’re going a day ahead of many of the other attendees, I’m hoping to get some photos and work on a trip guide to share with you guys! Speaking of trip guides – I know I still owe you all the details on Kauai (and many of you are leaving there soon for spring break). I worked on it for several hours over the weekend and hope to have it up for you this week!
I pulled all my potential outfit idea out onto this rack to help me try and be a better packer. Once I get everything narrowed down, I’ll plan to post about what I’m officially packing for the trip! Here’s a peek at the option. It’s from a screenshot of a video I did on Instagram Stories so the quality isn’t great, but you can definitely see there is a lot of color involved! We have assigned dinners nearly every night of the trip, so I’m planning on mostly easy and cute sundresses!
I have a lot to wrap up this week before we leave town (including a trip to the DMV – yay me!). But I’m already excited to know that once we get back in town, March is only a few days away and I can officially start pretending summer is near!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are the sales that have carried over from the weekend. Some have actually improved since today is the actual holiday! You can see my top picks here.
- ABERCROMBIE is offering up to 50% off select styles. Prices as marked. You can shop their sale here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE is offering 25-60% off everything including jeans and joggers! You can shop their sale here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering 40% off your purchase along with an extra 60% off clearance styles with code WEARIT. You can shop their sale here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering 20% off furniture plus an EXTRA 50% off sale items (additional discount taken at checkout). You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering 25% off sitewide (and 30% off bar stools)! You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering 40% off everything + extra 10% off at checkout and free shipping on $100+ with code BRSHIP. Plus, if you’re a cardholder, you get an extra 10% off at checkout with code BRCARD. You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering 25% off your $100 or more purchase with code BLOOM25. It’s a great time to try one of the wood chains that looks like the one in our living room! There’s also several other options available as well (including marble and black)! You can shop their site here.
- EVERYTHING BUT WATER is offering an additional 25% off their sale styles! Prices as marked. If you’re headed anywhere warm sometime soon, this is a great store to check out! You can shop their site here.
- GAP is offering 30-50% off everything (prices as marked). You can shop their sale here.
- JCPENNEY is offering an extra 25% off your purchase under $100 or 30% off $100+ with code LEADER2. This is one of the highest sitewide discounts I’ve seen there! This pair of lamps was $149 and is now only $66.74 with the discount – making each lamp only about $33 with the shades (even less if you spend over $100)! You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is crushing it lately and is offering and extra 60% off sale items, plus 30% off nearly everything else with code WEEKEND. I placed an order earlier this week when the sale items were only an extra 50% off and was still shocked how cheap some of this items. I also decide to try this bathing suit because it’s too cute for words! You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering up 50% off sitewide plus an extra 50% off clearance items with code WINBIG and free 2-day shipping with code HURRYUP! Can we talk about how cute this chambray shirtdress is?! There’s also a navy striped cotton poplin or animal print option available too! You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLAND’S is offering 25% off their entire site with code PRESDAY. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering 40% off full-price styles with code LOVEU and up to 70% off sale styles with their flash sale. Did you know they now have a Getaway Shop? Lots of cute finds! You can shop their sale here.
- MADEWELL is 15% off for Insiders and 20% off for Stars & Icons. You can shop their sale here.
- MCGEE & CO. is offering 20% off sitewide with code BEMINE. You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM has started their winter sale with items marked up to 40% off! How cute are these Tory Burch Miller rainbow flip flops?! You definitely want to size up half to a full size on these (they’re currently fully stocked in all sizes). You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY is offering 35% off your purchase at checkout (no code required)! They also have 50% off all women’s dresses. You can shop their sale here.
- ONE KINGS LANE is offering 20% off sitewide plus an extra 10% off at checkout on $600+ purchase with code OKL10MORE. You can shop their sale here.
- PIER 1 is hosting their Presidents’ Day Weekend Sale with tons of discounts sitewide, and 30% off select categories! Plus get $25 off $75+, $50 off $150+, and $100 off $300+ on regular priced items with code SAVEMORE. I’m dying over how much these rattan dining chairs look like these from Serena & Lily for a fraction of the price! So in love with them! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is hosting a Premier Day sale with some major markdowns sitewide and with free shipping with code WEEKEND! That also includes 20% off all sofas and sectionals (read my sofa review and sectional review if you’re interested), 30% off all throws, up to 40% of chandeliers, and tons more! The lowest price I’ve ever seen on our faux fiddle leaf fig trees (you can also read my post on the best faux fiddle leaf fig trees and how to make them look real for tons of tips) – this is INSANE!You can shop their sale here.
- ROLLER RABBIT (one of my newest obsessions) is offering 20% off your order and free shipping on $150+ with code 20EXTRA. Their prints are so good and I love all of their tunics and maxi dresses! You can shop their sale here.
- RUGS USA is offering up to 70% off items sitewide. You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY up to 25% off dining (including our kitchen counter stools) in addition to their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- TARGET is offering 20% off furniture, bedding, bath, patio and more! That includes 20% off their throw pillows and lamps, which aren’t usually included! You can see some of my top picks here. You can shop their sale here.
- TJ MAXX has some great new arrivals and amazing prices. This throw pillow is a great Serena & Lily look for less for this pillow! You can shop their sales here.
- TORY BURCH still has items left in their sale section and there’s a lot of cute finds! I’m loving this cute canvas link bag! You can shop their sale here.
- TUCKERNUCK has some pretty killer sale offerings including the super popular Dudley Stephens fleece tops! You can shop their sale here.
- WAYFAIR is hosting a huge Presidents’ Day blowout sale, with items marked up to 70% off. The scalloped light fixture we have in our den and laundry room is 30% off! The knock-off chandelier to our dining room light is 44% off (you can read my detailed review on all the finishes here). You can shop their sale here.
- WEST ELM is also doing a Premier Day sale with tons of savings sitewide! You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is offering up to 15-30% off your entire purchase based upon how much you spend with code SAVENOW. Plus get up to 75% off in their winter clearance section. You can shop their sale here.
- WORLD MARKET is offering up to 50% off rugs, 20% off baskets, 20-50% off mirrors and wall decor, and 20% off pillows. Plus, World Market Rewards members get 20% off at checkout once you sign in! You can shop their sale here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used