Good morning! I hope you all had a good weekend! Today I’m sharing what we’ve been up to around here this past week.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
Last week was a bit of an unusual week with several meetings, and then an all-day virtual conference I had to attend on Thursday. So I felt like I was playing catch up most of the week. But, I tried hard to carve out some time on Tuesday to go visit one of my favorite local home decor stores. I’ve talked a bit about Amethyst Home quite a bit in the past, and I always love their unique finds. I’m friends with the owner and she was up from Kansas City so I wanted to swing in and say hi and get some fall decorating ideas! They just received a new shipment of one-of-a-kind vintage rug pillows. I picked up a few for fall and can’t wait to use them! You can see more about them in my post on 2020 fall design boards & decorating ideas.
I also swung into Pottery Barn since it’s nearby. They re-opened fairly recently, but had only received their new fall furniture shipments. Hoping to head back when they get some of their textiles and smaller decor pieces. As much as I don’t love the end of summer, I really do enjoy decorating for fall!
Sunday my “project” around the house was cleaning for as long as I possibly could stand. I made another deal with Kurtis that if he did the Costco run, I’d clean. I think I did six loads of laundry (mostly bedding, towels, throw blankets, etc.). I even vacuumed our fabric headboards because they were really starting to need it. Super fun things like that! 😉 But, I did start taking down some of my summer decor while I cleaning. I don’t want it to feel like fall yet around here, so it was more of putting a few things away and not necessarily replacing them yet for the new season. I’ll definitely be waiting until mid September! But it’s nice to have a clean-ish slate to start thinking about what I’ll bring out!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
Around Town & For Fun
After our patio experiences last week, we decided we really need to try and support one local restaurant a week in person while the weather allows for it. We picked a new spot this week (Jams) for dinner. I especially love their patio because my favorite local nursery has an office in the building and does all the landscaping. It’s always so beautiful and lush!
Ever since Bearcat died last year, Henley and Hawkeye have been at odds with each other. Mostly, she hates that he wants to wrestle and play rough like he wants. Bearcat was Hawkeye’s wrestling buddy and now he plays a little too rough with her and she doesn’t like it – at all. So, we were shocked when we caught them sleeping on this pouf together! Hopefully they’re slowly making some progress!
Bailey on the other hand basically tolerates anything and everything. Even when Hawkeye tries to steal half the blanket she’s sleeping on 😉 They’ve all been obsessed with this blanket in the office and now we can’t move it because it’s their perma-bed. They’re not spoiled at all!
Henley loves when I talk on Instagram Stories. It’s pretty apparent she knows what “hey guys” means because she comes sprinting in the frame every time. It’s pretty adorable, even if a little annoying at times 😉 We had to leave the new pillow covers on the counter for a day or two because she quickly claimed them as her new bed. Side note: I got a lot of questions about the faux cypress tree you could see in the background of this post (and in the image below). I actually got the floor model from Amethyst Home a few years ago!
After cleaning and working around the house, we spent Saturday & Sunday afternoon out at the pool. August fully made a comeback these past few days and we are here for it!
The angle of the sun has definitely already changed, making it feel more and more like fall is near. But we’re hanging on to summer as long as we can!
In super fun news, our main AC froze up last night and quit working. Right as we’re heading into a week in the high 90’s (isn’t that how it always happens?). It’s been on the fritz for a few years, so I think we’re finally going to have to replace it this time around. So, last night we made the most of it and had a “family movie night” up in the den since it was actually cooler upstairs than on our main level. I had heard a lot of great things about About Time, and it was really good, but holy crap, I wasn’t prepared for all the tears! If you haven’t seen it though, it’s definitely worth the watch!
I hope you all have a good and safe week ahead! Especially if any of you have been or are about to be impacted by the fires in California, storms in Iowa or the double hurricanes – I pray you all stay safe and protected!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some sales that have carried over from the weekend, as well a few new additions. You can see some of my top picks here.
- AMAZON has a number of deals sitewide. This popular no-touch digital forehead thermometer is back in stock and on sale! You can shop the sale here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering 40% off full-priced styles and other deals sitewide. You can shop their sale here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering an additional 25% off sale clothing, shoes and accessories. No code required – prices update at checkout. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up to 20% off sitewide plus free shipping. You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is hosting a flash sale with 40% off your purchase and an extra 20% off at checkout! No code required. You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering $20 off $100 and free shipping on $50+ with code SANCTUARY20. You can shop their site here.
- BODEN is offering 15% off sitewide, with a few exclusions. Plus get free shipping on orders $49+. You can shop their sale here.
- DSW is offering 20% off almost everything with code SUMMER20. You can shop their site here.
- FRONTGATE is offering up to 20% off sitewide plus free shipping. You can shop their sale here.
- GAP is offering up to 50% off sitewide, plus an extra 30% off sale styles with code ALLYOU. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering 50% off summer’s bestsellers plus an extra 60% off all sale styles with code SUMMER! This embroidered linen top is a show stopper! You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering 50% off jeans and pants for the family (prices as marked) plus 50-70% off other deals sitewide. I’m loving this mixed three-layer necklace! You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLAND’S is offering 20% off one regular priced purchase with code WEB20. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering an extra 50% off sale styles and other deals sitewide with code NEED. You can shop their sale here.
- MADEWELL is hosting a secret stock sale, with up to 70% off various sale items. You can shop their sale here.
- NORDSTROM has started their Anniversary Sale for everyone! I’m sharing a try-on session along with my top picks (and misses) in this post and my cozy fall favorites here. How cute are these Sperry sneakers? They come in four colors but the white and olive are my two favorites! These cozy plush throw blankets are still in stock and a favorite around here (and also make great gifts!). I have the white version of this Midnight Blue T3 Hairdryer and love it! And I’m drooling over this new color option! You can shop their sale items here.
- NORDSTROM RACK is offering an additional 50% off clearance sandals, flats and heels. You can shop their site here.
- OLD NAVY has 1000s of deals sitewide, starting at $5. Plus get 30% off your purchase at checkout – no code required You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK is offering up to 70% off 1000s of items sitewide for their end of summer sale! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is offering up to 30% off everything sitewide and free shipping on orders $79+ with code REFRESH! My favorite faux fiddle leaf fig tree is just over 20% off. See my full tutorial, real-life photos and styling tips here. Also, have you seen the updates to their clearance section lately? There are some pretty incredible deals on items like rugs, decor, and more! You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is offering up to 25% off all lighting and fans, as well as up to 60% off weekend deals. I’m loving all the options and color combos for these windowpane plaid pillow covers. You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY is offering free shipping on everything with code DISCOVER. Plus they have added some cute new items to their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off home items. These indoor/outdoor stools are a great S&L look for less option! You can shop their sale here.
- TORY BURCH is hosting their Private Sale with so many gorgeous items! You can shop all of their sale items here.
- TRUE & CO. is offering a sale on my favorite comfy bras, so if you missed them during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, they’re still fully stocked on sale here! You can shop their site here.
- TUCKERNUCK has also added some new sale pieces that are all darling! You can shop their site here.
- WEST ELM is offering up to 40% off sofas, sectionals and more. Prices as marked. You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is offering 20% off sofas, sectionals, beds and more for their Upholstery Event with code FURNITURE. You can shop their sale here.
- WORLD MARKET is offering up to 50% off sitewide! You can shop their sale here.
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links use