Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend! Today I’m sharing what we’ve been up to this past week.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
Sunday we finally put down the rug pad and tried to put down the new rug (ours is the Slate/Ivory color) in our office. We needed the 10’x14′, and the way they shipped it, it was basically folded a million times. So, it was beyond wrinkled. They included directions on how to make the fold marks come out but said it could take a few days (or even weeks).
We had to take nearly everything out of the office which was super fun and is probably the ultimate test for a marriage 😉 We left the desks and bookcases though, so it made it quite a bit more challenging when it came to rug placement time. But we didn’t want to have to completely unhook everything and possibly not use it for several days.
Within a few hours, I could tell a lot of the marks were starting to loosen up. Overall I’m really happy with the rug for the price! Like many of these polypropylene rugs, the weave looks darker one direction and lighter the other. Looking in to our office, you see it with the darker, more true slate blue coloring. Looking from against the wall out of the office it definitely appears lighter blue with a lot less gray tones in it. Since the more slate coloring is what I’m going for, we made sure to place it that way looking at it from the hallway. I really love the pattern on it too!
In case you missed the latest details on the space, you can read more about it on my post on our office progress & affordable neutral rugs!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
Around Town & For Fun
Bailey has been using this random box as a bed lately. Zero clue why she clearly thinks this is the coziest spot in the house now! And zero clue why that box is still there after two weeks 😉
This angle is kind of cool too, since you can see through our dining room out to the backyard!
Saturday night our BFFs went out for their anniversary, so we babysat their daughter (our goddaughter). She didn’t have any fun at all with us 😉
Sunday the weather finally cooperated for an afternoon pool day. We were thinking about it and realized it may have been three weeks since we were last able to go in it. Not okay!! I needed a little R&R after dealing with our office rug drama!
My limelight and little lime hydrangeas are going wild this year.
I love them so much! I’d basically be okay if they covered our entire backyard.
Sunday night we scrapped our original meal plans and decided to use up a few things that were getting old. So we made up our own bruschetta recipe and it was heavenly! A+ idea on Kurtis’ part! We basically used mini sangria medley tomatoes, basil, garlic, basil, mozzarella, balsamic, and olive oil. It was so good. Except for the fact we used two cloves of garlic and probably only needed one. I’m not sure the garlic taste will ever leave our mouths at this point 😉
We’ve still been doing 30 Day Shred, so it may be the longest stretch I’ve worked out in a long time! We haven’t been super conscious of what we’re eating (but we’re still doing intermittent fasting). So, the working out side of things definitely helps me feel less guilty about enjoying food. Only a few weeks left until the big 4-0 so I’m determined to stick with it!
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale opens up to Influencer level cardholders today! This isn’t for actual influencers, it’s simply based on how much you spend on your card each year. You can get more info and see all my top picks here. Once my order arrives, I’ll plan to do a try-on with all of my favorites!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some sales that have carried over from the weekend, as well a a few new additions. You can see some of my top picks here.
- AMAZON is offering up to 15% off their new home arrivals. There are some cute mirrors, headboards and ottomans included. Our faux olive tree is currently on sale and available for pre-order for shipment this fall! You can shop the sale here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering an extra 70% off sale styles, plus 40% off full-priced items with code TAKE40. You can shop their sale here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering an extra 25% off sale clothing, shoes and accessories. No code required – prices update at checkout. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering 20% off furniture & fabric. You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering up to 50% off must-have styles and an extra 50% off sale styles. Plus, get an extra 10% off your purchase at checkout. No code required. You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering $20 off $100 and free shipping on $50+ with code SANCTUARY20. You can shop their site here.
- FRONTGATE is offering up to 20% off sitewide. You can shop their sale here.
- GAP is offering 40% off everything for their Friends & Family Sale with code FRIENDS. Plus if you’re a cardholder get an extra 20% off with code CARD. And anyone can get an extra 10% off on top of all of that with code FAMILY! You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering 25% off full-priced styles and an extra 50% off one sale style, 60% off two sale styles, and an extra 70% off 3+ sale styles with code MOREISMORE. They even have these super popular collarless sweater blazers included! They run large so order down one full size. I also have this top in both colors and LOVE it! You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering up to 50% off all new arrivals, plus an extra 60% off clearance items with code YESPLEASE. You can shop their sale here.
- MADEWELL is offering 30% off best-selling tees and shorts with code SUNFUN. You can shop their sale here.
- MCGEE & CO. is offering 25% off all pillows with code COZYUP. You can shop their sale here.
- NORDSTROM has started their Anniversary Sale for Icon and Ambassador level cardholders (and opens up to Influencer level today!). Be sure to get all the details and see my top picks in this post! I’m also loving these Tory Burch leather sandals that are on clearance! They also have my favorite wedge heels 40% off right now. And this faux leather tote is a pretty incredible price right now! You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY is offering up to 50% off all jeans and tees. Plus get 30% off your order at checkout – no code required. You can shop their sale here.
- ONE KINGS LANE is offering 20% off easy updates. Prices as marked – no code required. You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK is hosting their first annual rugs sale with rugs marked up to 70% off sitewide! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is hosting an upholstery event with 20% off sofas, sectionals and armchairs with code COZY and if you’ve considered one, definitely read my reviews first! I have both a sofa review and sectional review with tons of details, and there are a lot of great comments with feedback from others at the end of each! They also have up to 20% off rugs, pillows, throws, curtains, wall art and more! The super popular ‘Out To Sea’ art is now also available in sage and blush in two sizes and are included in the sale! You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is offering 20% off items in their Living Room Event. You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY is has added some cute new items to their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off home items. You can shop their sale here.
- TORY BURCH is has added some new items to their sale section. You can shop all of their sale items here.
- TUCKERNUCK has also added some new sale pieces that are all darling! You can shop their site here.
- WEST ELM is offering up to 40% off sofas, sectionals and more. Prices as marked. You can shop their sale here.
- WORLD MARKET is hosting their Friends & Family Sale with 30% off almost everything to members with code 2020FAM. And if you’re not a member, it’s free to join! Plus, if you order online and pick up curbside you can get an extra 10% off! The sale includes the office desks we love so much! You can shop their sale here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used