I hope you all had a happy and safe 4th of July weekend! Kurtis had scheduled some vacation time Wednesday thru Monday, so I tried to do the same. It was nice to unplug for a few days, even if we were just at home! Lots of catching up to do this week, but we’re definitely both feeling refreshed after some time off.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
Last week on my Instagram page, I shared a bunch of our flowers that were blooming around our yard. The next day I followed it up with a video tour of our hydrangea types. I’ll be doing an actual blog post on it soon, but here are a few of the plants I’m loving right now around our yard!
Our Annabelle hydrangeas are out in full force right now.
Basically everything in this section of our yard was blooming at the same time! These are my Incrediball hydrangea. The shrub has gotten huge since I planted it about five years ago, and I love that it’s one of my earliest hydrangeas to bloom.
I have two small mandevilla trellises in our tree beds.
Our oleander has really been thriving lately too!
Even the one by the garage seems to be doing well. This is the planter I most often forget to water and it gets hot over here, so it’s kind of a miracle it’s even still alive 😉
It has taken us seven years, but when you see the before and after pictures side by side, it’s pretty crazy how much everything has changed over the years! I’m not known for being the most patient person, but I’ve enjoyed this process of slowly adding plants and trees as time and budgets allow.
My Summer Crush Endless Summer hydrangeas also started blooming over the weekend. I love the bold color they add along our fence line!
My cute star pillows I shared last week are now more than 40% off! I’m pretty sure I’m going to try and incorporate them into my Christmas decor somehow this year, too!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
This swimsuit may very well be the most flattering out there. I’ve owned this style for a few years now and still love it! I bought the navy version this year, and it may be my favorite yet!
Around Town & For Fun
My parents came to visit us for the weekend and we had such a fun time with them! We hadn’t seen them since the first week of December so it was great to see them again.
We spent a lot of time out by the pool as weather permitted. Our friends had bought this floating golf game for us and we were able to put it to use with a fun little tournament. My family (and husband) are just a little bit competitive 😉
We had rootbeer floats for the first time in years and the cats benefited from some of the extra ice cream we had.
We used my new ocean board for some charcuterie out by the pool.
I could basically eat charcuterie every day for dinner in the summer months! And last night we actually did 😉
On the 4th, we headed out to our backyard to watch fireworks. My picture is a little blurry but I haven’t shared a night shot of our backyard in a while. We didn’t last long outside (it’s actually getting hard to see much now that our trees have grown up so much).
We only went out to eat the day my parents left town. My dad loves oysters, so we hit up Plank downtown and enjoyed a late lunch out on their patio. It’s still so weird to go out to eat with all of the new rules in place!
Like most of America, we also watched Hamilton. It took us two nights to finish it, but we loved it! We also watched the Eagles concert on ESPN Sunday night after my parents left.
LIVING ROOM SOURCES: Striped Rug | Linen Sofas | Spindle Chairs (similar here) | Embroidered Blue Pillow | Striped Lumbar Pillow | Striped Throws | Raffia Coffee Table | Similar Wood Chain | Oversized Palm Art | Dough Bowl | Lamps
The cats always appreciate the down time, especially after company leaves. The girls rarely cuddle together, but they looked pretty dang cute last night on the couch together!
We were also able to visit the rental house we gutted/renovated last year. We actually hadn’t ever seen it totally finished because it was completed and then rented shortly after while we were on vacation. I know a lot of you were wanting to see the full before and after tour, so I’m excited I was finally able to get some photos! I’ll plan to share the tour once I get all the pictures sorted. Since it’s a rental house, it isn’t anything super inspiring, but the before and after photos are pretty hard to believe!
I also sold all of my dining chairs last week so I’m hoping to share a dining room update soon. Thanks in part to the pandemic, it took me about four months longer than I wanted it to, but it will get there eventually! But it feels great to finally have walking space back in the dining room again 😉
Looking forward to a productive week ahead!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some sales that have carried over from the weekend, as well a a few new additions. You can see some of my top picks here.
- ABERCROMBIE is offering up to 50% of sitewide. You can shop their sale here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE is offering up to 60% off everything sitewide, including jeans. Prices as marked. You can shop their sale here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering 50% off summer picks, and additional 60% off sale styles, plus an extra 10% off sale dresses and skirts with code SOSUMMER. You can shop their sale here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering an additional 25% off all clearance clothing, shoes and accessories. Prices update at checkout – no code required. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up to 25% off indoor furniture, rugs and fabric. Plus, get up to 40% off all outdoor furniture! Prices as marked – no codes required. You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering 40% off full-priced styles and and an extra 50% off sale styles. Plus all shoes are up to 60% off. You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering $20 off $100 or more and free shipping on $50+ with code DIG20. You can shop their site here.
- BROOKE & LOU is offering 15% off sitewide with code HAPPY4TH. You can shop their sale here.
- GAP is offering up to 75% off everything – prices as marked! Plus, take an extra 50% off markdowns with code PERK. You can shop their sale here.
- GIBSONLOOK has given me a reader discount code for 25% off the entire new Hi Sugarplum summer collection (use SARAH25). It’s all so cute! This ruffle collar top is one of my new favorites (I got it in stripes and the Noguchi print). I got a size Large and it’s a little roomy (super comfy) so if you’re between sizes, I’d order down. I’ve also had some of these ruffled racerback tanks for a few years now and they’re still one of my favorites in the summer months! You can shop the entire collection here.
- J CREW is offering an extra 70% off all sales styles, plus 50% off almost everything else with code GOFOURTH! I have this adorable blue striped tunic (it also comes in red) and it’s an additional 50% off today. You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering up to 70% off everything! How cute are both color options of this embroidered flutter sleeve blouse?! You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering $30 full-price dresses, jumpsuits and skirts with code LOVEIT. You can shop their sale here.
- MADEWELL is offering an additional 30% off sale items with code GIANT. You can shop their sale here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is offering up to 40% off select styles during their Summer Sale. This cute striped tote has been a top seller for a reason! Perfect for so many uses! And I’m loving this rattan wine carrier! You can shop their sale here.
- MCGEE & CO. is offering 20% off select lighting with code SHINEBRIGHT. You can shop their sale here.
- NORDSTROM is hosting a designer clearance with items marked up to 60% off. I’m loving these leather Tory Burch flip flops that are nearly fully stocked! They also re-stocked my favorite maxi dress (I have it in two colors) and it’s 30% off! You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY is hosting an epic clearance sale with items marked up to 75% off. You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK is hosting a mega-markdown sale with items marked up to 70% off! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is hosting their buy more, save more sale with 10% off $100+, 15% off $250+, 20% off $500+ and 25% off $1,500+. If you’ve had your eye on our sofa or sectional (or any furniture) now is usually one of the best times to buy them. You can read my detailed sofa review and sectional review for more information! My cute star pillows are now marked down more than 40% off too! And my favorite topiaries of all time are back and on clearance! You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is offering 20% off sitewide on eligible items – prices as marked. Plus, get an extra 20% off clearance items. I think this light fixture could look amazing over a dining room table! You can shop their sale here.
- RIFLE PAPER CO. is hosting a buy more save more sale with 15% off orders up to $50, 20% off $50+ and 25% off orders $100+! It’s a great time to stock up on their darling paper products or try their AirPods or AirPods pro cases (I’m obsessed with mine)! They have such fun gift ideas! No code required – offer applied in cart. You can shop their sale here.
- ROSETTA STONE is offering $100 off their unlimited language lifetime plan, making it only $199! I bought it because we’ve worked on Spanish in the past, but I bought the unlimited to learn Italian during the quarantine. They also have a sale on their monthly plans. You can shop the sale here.
- RUGS USA is still hosting their 4th of July sale with up to 75% off. You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY is hosting an outdoor event and have also added pieces to their sale section. Our blue striped rug is also included! You can see the rug in action in our summer home tour in both our kitchen and our living room. You can shop their site here.
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off home items. You can shop their sale here.
- TUCKERNUCK has also added some new sale pieces that are all darling! You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is hosting their summer sale with 25% off your purchase with code HOME and up to 30% off their outdoor shop. It’s a great time to grab my wicker chain if you’ve had your eye on it! You can shop their sale here.
- WORLD MARKET is hosting a clearance sale, with items marked up to 50% off storewide! Plus get an extra 15% off every curbside pick up order. I’m still loving the look of these outdoor chairs! You can shop their sale here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used