Happy Monday! I first want to send you all a big THANK YOU for your excitement over the big news I shared yesterday! It’s all a bit scary, but I’m really excited to get started! After the inspection late this week, I’ll plan to share more photos and details on the property. I didn’t want to go into too many of the specifics until things were a bit more finalized but will share as soon as possible! I just didn’t feel it was right to share today’s Weekend Recap without sharing one of the biggest details of our past week 😉 So thank you again!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
I mentioned last week I was anxious to tackle all the projects that needed tackling. And, considering everything else that went down last week, I think I made a pretty good dent!
One of the thing I tackled was addressing these giant serving boards. We absolutely love having them, but they are huge! Which also means they don’t fit in any of our cabinets. I was basically storing them on the floor next to our hutch in our dining room. But, on Monday I decided to hang them on a bare wall in our dining room so they could double as wall decor too! I just used a simply (extra long) nail so they’re sturdy but also easy to take down for use. Although they may not look that big here, the small one is 30″ long and the large one is three feet long! And hint: I’m guessing they’ll go on sale very soon as S&L usually has a sale around this time each year!
In the photo above, you can also see one of the areas I need to paint. Over the summer, our security system was updated and they went from rectangular until to round ones. Lovely. So, five different places on our main level had areas with really old paint showing. I also tackled the first coat of paint on those, and I’m mostly just mad I didn’t do it sooner!
My friend Mandy came over on Tuesday to help me shoot a campaign where I needed to be in a few of the photos. We always have so much fun together, and it was so fun to watch her process now that she shoots tethered to her computer! I’m seriously considering having her shoot my spring home tour (I’ve always done it myself in the past) because it’s such a long process. Between the styling, shooting and editing, it’s something I never love doing. I just love the end result of the actual photos. So, I may be having her help me with more of that soon! Hopefully it result in less procrastination on my part 😉
I also got a bunch of appointments scheduled that I needed to get done. One of which – I’m meeting with a contractor tomorrow to discuss our ideas for the back patio/outdoor kitchen we want to tackle next year. This first meeting is simply to see if we’re a good fit and if what we have in mind is anywhere close to the budget we have planned. So, although it might be sad if they tell me we’re way off-base and need to cancel our plans, at least we’ll know! And if not, well then it sounds like I have another project I might have to be planning soon. Even though we wouldn’t start until next year, the wheels need to get set in motion soon because of all that’s involved. I’ll keep you posted how that goes!
The one project that I didn’t get to that I was sure I would? More paint samples for the office. Ugh! Still on my to-do list, as it has been for several months now!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
Around Town & For Fun
It was pretty clear the cats missed us while we were out of town the week prior. All last week looked very similar to this scene. But trust me, I was here for it and loved having them be my little shadows all week!
On Friday night I started watching ‘Love Is Blind’ to see what all the hype is about. I’m already about halfway through it and am hooked!
Saturday around lunch time, we met our realtor at the new house so Kurtis could see it for the first time (and so I could see it in daylight)! Afterwards, we ran to one of our favorite spots in town, Scriptown. Since it’s in Midtown, we don’t get there as often as we like. But we love their beer, and always have Noli’s pizza delivered while we’re there. Two of our favorites! I love the industrial vibe of their old building. Such a cool location!
Sunday morning I met my friend Mandy for coffee to catch up (even though we had just seen each other Tuesday). 😉 After that, it was a pretty slow day, and we actually ordered DoorDash for both lunch and dinner. It was a great way to end the weekend! Well that, and a little more binge-watching Love Is Blind!
Our little buddy Hawkeye has to go in for surgery today. You may remember a few months back he had a bad limp that we took him in for. While he was at the vet, they noticed some stones on his x-ray in his bladder. They had us switch him to a new food for urinary health that would hopefully break the stones up. Unfortunately, it didn’t work, so he’s going in today to have them removed. Hopefully it goes smoothly and he’ll get to come back home tomorrow!
Also, don’t mind the random coffee table and citrus trees in our office. A lot of our house feels like this as I’m starting to inventory what can go over to the new rental once we have the keys! I’m kind of kicking myself at this point for selling so many of our things last fall!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are the sales that have carried over from the weekend! You can see all of my top picks here.
- ABERCROMBIE is offering 40% off tons of regular style items (prices as marked), plus get 25% off your purchase at checkout – no code required. You can shop their sale here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE is offering 25% off all jeans, joggers and shorts. You can shop their sale here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering 40% off your entire purchase with code FRIENDS40 for their Friends & Family event. You can shop their sale here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering an additional 25% off sale items. No code required – prices update at checkout. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering 20% off everything. Plus get an extra 5% off orders of $500-$1,999 or an extra 10% off orders $2,000+. You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering 40% off select styles and an extra 50% off sale items – no code required. Plus, if you’re a cardholder, you get an extra 10% off at checkout with code BRCARD. You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering 20% off your $100 or more purchase with code WOMEN20. It’s a great time to try one of the wood chains that looks like the one in our living room! There’s also several other options available as well (including marble and black) – just search chain! It won’t let me link directly to that page for some reason. You can shop their site here.
- EVERYTHING BUT WATER is offering up to 70% off select styles in their sale section. It’s a great place to look for spring break or summer finds! You can shop their site here.
- GAP is hosting their semi-annual baby and kids sale with killer deals sitewide. Plus, get up to 40% off men’s and women’s styles. At checkout, get an extra 10% off everything with code TREAT! You can shop their sale here.
- JCPENNEY is offering an extra 20% off your purchase under $100 and 25% off your purchase over $100 with code SPRING20. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is still hosting a spring forward event with 40% off your purchase with code 23HOURS. And, if you’re a cardholder, get an extra 20% off your purchase with code CARDLOVE. It’s a great time to order many of the items I featured in my Nevis packing post! I wore these shorts almost daily on our trip (I have the olive green color and also the chambray version) and think I’ll be buying a few more now for summer I love them so much (I wear my regular size Large)! You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering 40% off new arrivals and more, as well as an extra 25% off sweaters, tops and more with code BLOSSOM! Plus, if you’re a cardholder, get an extra 20% off your purchase with code CARDPERKS. I’m finally really excited about their current inventory! You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLAND’S is offering 20% off your entire purchase with code SCORE20. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering 40% off your purchase plus an extra 10% off at checkout with code OMG. You can shop their sale here.
- MADEWELL is offering an additional 40% off select sale styles and 20% off the rest with code LIKEALION. You can shop their sale here.
- NORDSTROM has added a lot to their sale section. You can shop their sale items here.
- PIER 1 is hosting a buy more/save more sale with $75 off $300+, $50 off $250+ and $25 off $125+ regular prices with code SAVEMORE. How gorgeous is this cane bookcase?! And I’m dying over how much these rattan dining chairs look like these from Serena & Lily for a fraction of the price! So in love with them! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is hosting their buy more save more sale with 15-30% off your full-price purchase and free shipping with code SAVEMORE. My favorite lemon trees are already marked 30% off and still in stock too! The buy more/save more sale is the only time I recommend buying furniture that’s not on clearance. Be sure to read my sofa review and sectional review if you’re considering some of their furniture! You can shop their sale here.
- RUGS USA is hosting a spring forward event with up to 60% off items sitewide. You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY is offering up to 30% off pillows and throws, as well as free shipping on the purchase of three or more with code LAYERS. I’m loving this new blue embroidered pillow! Plus, they have tons of items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- TALBOTS is offering 30% off your purchase. Discount updates at checkout – no code required. How adorable are these bow loafers? You can shop their sale here.
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off home items, plus an extra 15% off with Target Circle. They also have 20% off denim, shoes, dresses and more for the family. You can shop their sale here.
- TJ MAXX has some great new arrivals and amazing prices. I’m loving this jute and chenille pillow – plus it’s got a down insert! I’m also thinking of snagging this cute art for one of our guest bathrooms. So perfect for summer guests! You can shop their site here.
- TUCKERNUCK has some pretty killer sale offerings including the super popular Dudley Stephens fleece tops! You can shop their sale here.
- WAYFAIR is hosting an early access outdoor event with items marked up to 65% off! You can shop their sale here.
- WEST ELM is offering 25% off one item and free shipping with code BIGDEAL. You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is hosting their buy more save more sale, as well, with 10-25% off your purchase based upon spend with code SAVENOW. You can shop their sale here.
- WORLD MARKET is offering 30% off all living room and office furniture. You can shop their sale here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used