Happy first week of March! It’s a bit ridiculous just how happy I am that the worst few months of winter are theoretically behind us. Although I say that after waking up to a fresh dusting of unexpected snow 😉 But, warm weather is definitely on the horizon and I am here for it!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
I haven’t ordered a lot of home decor lately, so it was a bit embarrassing to come home from our trip last week to find this waiting for me in the office. I’m sure my brother-in-law really believed me when I said this was a rarity. In all fairness it’s for my Easter tablescape – which means lots of breakables, packed very well in large boxes. I’m hoping to photograph it this week to share with you in another week or two when the holiday gets a little closer!
Speaking of our office. If I accomplish one thing this week, it needs to be getting more paint samples for the wall. I’ve only tried Benjamin Moore colors at this point, so I plan to head to Lowe’s this week to get some Sherwin-Williams and Valspar options! This will be such a quick project once I finally decide on a color. You can read more about our plans here.
And big news! My last two cane chairs for our dining room will be delivered later this week! I know it’s been awhile since I last showed this sneak peek with the preview. But, I ultimately decided to go with six (after ordering the initial four) since they’re so short, and two of the linen chairs at the head of the table didn’t look quite right. If you’re local, that means I’ll probably be listing our linen dining chairs for sale this weekend in the local buy/sale/trade Facebook group!
KITCHEN & DINING ROOM SOURCES: Runner Rug | Pendant Light | Cabinet Hardware | Dining Room Chandelier (look for less here) | Cane Dining Chairs (look for less here) | Linen Dining Chairs | Wood Table | Abstract Art | Striped Rug | Faux Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree | Dough Bowl
Once the final two chairs arrive, I feel like I can finally get back to working on the space. It should only need a few minor tweaks, and then I’ll be calling it done!
We got the bid back from the plumber for our guest bathroom renovation, and I feel like it was right in line with what I was expecting. Just waiting to finalize the tile numbers and if all looks good, I think we’ll be moving forward soon!
Top Sellers Of The Week (And a Good Designer Sale)
Following are the top sellers of the week across all of my channels. Nearly every single item was from my Nevis packing post! Hopefully this means a lot of you are headed somewhere fun and warm soon 🙂 Many of the items are on sale now too!
Off topic, but some of the items I packed for Nevis actually are part of the Shopbop sale that started yesterday. The sale is 15-25% off depending upon how much you spend with code SPRING (and you can get free shipping with Prime)! It’s currently only open to VIPs (which I think just means if you have a free online account because it gave me access) but opens to everyone at midnight tonight. Their pieces are definitely more designer, but this is one of the few sales each year where you can get them on sale! Here are a few items I’m loving. I think these sandals are top on my list! And the darling Roller Rabbit dress I bought to Nevis is also included!
Woven Bag with Leather Straps | Wrap Cover Up | Clear Tory Burch Millers | Tiered Floral Maxi Dress | Pom Raffia Bag | Marysia Scalloped Bathing Suit | Tory Burch Miller Straw Clutch | Tropical Dress | Rose Gold Tory Burch Miller Flip Flops | Tory Burch Floral Flip Flop | Faux Fan Palms
I’m also loving this style of Tory Burch Miller flip flops. I’ve never seen this pattern combo before and it’s also included in the sale!
Around Town (and Nevis) & For Fun
We left on the 19th for Nevis and didn’t get home until late Thursday night. It easily makes the list now as one of our favorite places! We stayed at the Four Seasons Nevis and it couldn’t have been dreamier! I’ll plan to do a full hotel review and trip guide soon. Their pool areas had me seriously contemplating a yellow color scheme next time we switch out our pool furniture!
The cats definitely feel it when we’re gone this long. They were super clingy and followed us around (even closer than they normally do). It didn’t give us a whole of motivation to leave the house much over the weekend.
Friday evening, we swung over to Jill and Nick’s house to drop off a gift we got for Z on our trip. Despite her being sick, she was moving a million miles a minute and this was the best pic I got of her. The joys of an almost two year old 😉
Last fall I mentioned they were building out a pantry for their kitchen with some unused garage space. It’s getting so close to being ready! The wall color and cabinets are both Sherwin Williams Alabaster.
I love all the finishes Jill picked. I’ll be sure to take some photos when they’re all done. It’s going to be an amazing little space and makes such good use of space that was being wasted previously!
We headed out Saturday for some errands and grabbed a late lunch and even got to sit out side afterwards for a drink. I love these little previews of spring that have been showing up around Omaha!
I don’t know if it’s the change in weather, March’s arrival, or our little warm-weather escape, but I am feel motivated to get a lot done. I told Kurtis over the weekend I’m in the mood to tear down walls and re-do spaces and tackle something major. Let’s just say I got a little side-eye from that comment 😉 But, maybe that means I’ll actually be motivated to get that office paint picked, finalize the guest bathroom plans, and tackle some of the items on my 2020 home goals list!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some of the sales that have carried over from the weekend.
- ABERCROMBIE is offering 50% off jeans and free shipping on $75+. You can shop their sale here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE is hosting their Friends & Family sale with 30% off your purchase. Prices as marked – no code required. You can shop their sale here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering an additional 25% off sale items. No code required – prices update at checkout. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering 30% off all wall decor and 25% off many other categories sitewide! You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is hosting a Leap Year flash sale with 40% off your purchase (no code required). Plus, if you’re a cardholder, you get an extra 20% off at checkout with code 20BRCARD. You can shop their sale here.
- EVERYTHING BUT WATER is offering up to 70% off select styles in their sale section. It’s a great place to look for spring break or summer finds! You can shop their site here.
- GAP is offering up to 50% off sitewide, plus if you have any GAP cash you can use it along with the sale. If you don’t have GAP cash, get an additional 30% off your purchase with code SHOP. You can shop their sale here.
- JCPENNEY is offering an extra 20% off your purchase with a JCP card or 15% off your purchase any way you pay with code 4GOSAVE. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering 29% off your order and have a $29 section (with crazy deals) in honor of Leap Day with code FEB29. PLUS if you’re a cardholder, get an extra 20% off your purchase with code CARDLOVE. I wore these shorts almost daily on our trip (I have the olive green color and also the chambray version) and think I’ll be buying a few more now for summer I love them so much (I wear my regular size Large)! It’s also a great time to order many of the items I featured in my Nevis packing post! This pointelle sweater is so perfect for spring and comes in seven colors! You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is hosting a flash sale with 400+ items under $25! Plus up to 60% off other items. And, if you’re a cardholder, get an additional 20% off your purchase with code CARDPERKS. You can shop their sale here.
- MADEWELL is offering an additional 30% off sale styles with code LIKEALION. You can shop their sale here.
- NORDSTROM has added a lot to their sale section. How cute are these Tory Burch Miller rainbow flip flops?! You definitely want to size up half to a full size on these. You can shop their sale items here.
- ONE KINGS LANE is offering 20% off your $600+ purchase with code OKLSTYLISH20. You can shop their sale here.
- PIER 1 is offering 25% off all dining furniture and tabletop. I’m dying over how much these rattan dining chairs look like these from Serena & Lily for a fraction of the price! So in love with them! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is offering 20% off your purchase and free shipping with code REFRESH. They also have up to 30% off dining and kitchen and 25% off all serveware in addition to many other bonus deals. And major news – the lemon tree you all love so much last year is finally back in the medium size that I have and is eligible for the 20% off! You can shop their sale here.
- ROLLER RABBIT is offering up to 30% off with tons of new items added to their sale. Their prints are so good and I love all of their tunics and maxi dresses! I’m also really loving this block print quilt. You can shop their sale here.
- RUGS USA is hosting an end of season sale with up to 60% off items sitewide. You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY is offering 20% off during their upholstery event. Plus, they have tons of items in their sale section. I’m loving the color offerings of these Windsor counter stools! You can shop their site here.
- SHOPBOP is hosting their Spring Event sale with up to 25% off your purchase with code SPRING. They have so many incredible items that are included! Just look for items labeled ‘Key Style’. It includes tons of Tory Burch Miller styles as well!You can shop their sale here.
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off home and patio items. You can shop their sale here.
- TJ MAXX has some great new arrivals and amazing prices. I’m loving this gorgeous runner rug! You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH is hosting the most time-sensitive of the sales. They started their Private Sale yesterday and although things are already selling out super quickly, there are still so many good finds! Top of my list? These sandals that are $99 down from $298 in all of the neutral color options! They couldn’t be cuter! Also loving these leather flip flops. And this eyelet embroidered dress is gorgeous and still fully stocked! You can shop their sale here.
- TUCKERNUCK has some pretty killer sale offerings including the super popular Dudley Stephens fleece tops! You can shop their sale here.
- WAYFAIR is offering 50% off everything in their Warehouse Clearance Sale. I’m loving this kitchen canister set that is now 58% off! Additionally, the knock-off chandelier to our dining room light is 44% off (you can read my detailed review on all the finishes here). The lantern pendant version is now 29% off! You can shop their sale here.
- WEST ELM is offering up to 30% off sofas, sectionals, chairs and more. Plus get 20% off many other categories! You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is offering 20% off dining furniture. Plus get up to 75% off in their spring clearance section. These pillow covers come in several colors and are very high-end and perfect for year-round use! You can shop their sale here.
- WORLD MARKET is offering 30% off all living room and office furniture. You can shop their sale here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used