A collection of the best navy blue paint colors and tips for knowing which option is right for your home!
It’s no secret that I have a bit of an obsession with the color blue! We have blue paint on our entryway door, in our office, in our powder bath and on our kitchen island. One of my all-time favorite shades of blue is navy, and today I’m going to share the best navy blue paint colors! I’ve found a shade that works best in our home (Benjamin Moore Hale Navy), but I’m going to share seven other options that are tried and true favorites! I’ll also talk about each of the undertones so you can pick the navy blue paint that is perfect for your own home!
If you’re wanting to try large, pre-painted samples, I’d definitely look into Samplize for picking the perfect navy blue paint color for your home! Their large peel and stick samples are made with real paint (not dyed to mimic the color) so it can definitely help narrow down your top picks.
The Best Navy Blue Paint Colors
Following are what are, in my opinion, the best navy blue paint colors (also shown in the graphic above)! We’ll dig into each of them in detail, and then I’ll share examples of them in real-life homes so you can see them in a larger scale.
- Benjamin Moore Hale Navy – A timeless classic, this deeply saturated shade of navy blue evokes rich maritime traditions and storied exploits at sea. It has slightly gray undertones to mute the intensity a bit. Be sure to check out my full post dedicated to Benjamin Moore Hale Navy.
- Benjamin Moore Gentleman’s Gray – Formal and masculine, this blackened blue leans toward classic navy, suggesting beautifully tailored suits and traditional pea coats.
- Sherwin-Williams Naval – One of the purest options, if you’re looking for a true navy blue.
- Benjamin Moore Deep Royal – A very dark navy blue with true blue tones when the light hits it.
- Benjamin Moore Newburyport Blue – This shade of navy blue has slight green undertones that help differentiate it a bit from the other color selections!
- Benjamin Moore Old Navy – Probably the most traditional navy blue of all the Benjamin Moore options.
- Benjamin Moore Newburg Green – Don’t let the name fool you on this one. Although it has green undertones, the color still reads as a rich, jewel-toned blue in room. It’s the perfect option if you can’t commit to a true, dark navy blue as this leans more teal.
- Farrow & Ball Hague Blue – The green undertones of this timeless, deep and dramatic blue means it sits as happily outside as it does in small dark rooms. The color can change rather dramatically based upon how much light it gets in a space.
Navy Blue Paint Colors in Real Spaces
Following is a look at each of the colors above in a real space so you can see how it looks in a larger scale!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Benjamin Moore Gentleman’s Gray via Houzz (Photo by Hatfield Builders & Remodelers)
Sherwin-Williams Naval via Houzz (Photo by Kitchen Design Concepts)
Benjamin Moore Deep Royal via Studio McGee
Benjamin Moore Newburyport Blue via Houzz (Photo by Jonathan Chambers Architects)
Benjamin Moore Old Navy via Houzz (Photo by Garrison Hullinger Interior Design Inc.)
Benjamin Moore Newburg Green via Houzz (Photo by Kristina Crestin Design)
Farrow & Ball Hague Blue via Houzz (Photo by Skin Interior Design)
Are there any other shades of navy blue paint that you love? I’d be happy to add them to the list!
How To Keep Your Home Paint Colors Organized
If you frequently paint your home like I do, it can sometimes difficult to keep all your colors (and paint cans) organized! I recently created this free download that I think you will all love!
Here’s how I use each of the pages:
- Page 1 – I print on white cardstock to complete and keep handy around our home or near where we store our paint.
- Page 2 – I print on these labels and add them to the paint cans for easy identification.
- Page 3 – I shrink to fit on an index card to keep in my purse, or print as is and fold up to carry with me at all times. I simply add a drop of paint and the room name.
Simply complete the form below and I’ll email the PDF files over to you to start using today!
Additional Paint Color Inspiration
If you’re looking for even more paint color inspiration, be sure to check out these other posts by clicking on their titles below:
- Benjamin Moore Hale Navy
- The Best Black Paint Colors
- The Best Blue Gray Paint Colors
- The Best Blue Green Paint Colors
- The Best Green Paint Colors
- The Best Gray Paint Colors
- The Best Warm Gray Paint Colors
- The Best White Paint Colors for Interiors
- The Best White Paint Colors of Exteriors
- Whole House Paint Colors & Printable Paint Color Organizers
- How To Pick the Perfect Paint Color and My Top Five Neutral Paint Picks
- Paint Colors In Our Home (and Every Color We’ve Ever Used)
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used