Sharing a collection of 2023 resort wear favorites including swimsuits, coverups, sundresses, accessories and more!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Each February or March, Kurtis typically has his annual trip for work and we get to head somewhere warm. The trip has been canceled the last two years, but next week we’re headed to Grand Cayman (the location for the 2021 trip that didn’t happen). The event typically gives me a good excuse to start buying warm-weather clothes, not only for the trip, but in preparation for summer! Now that we live in a location where the summer season is much more extended, we were actually in need of some good warm-weather basics this year, as well. With spring and spring break just around the corner, I love the bright colors typically found in resort wear, after the lack of color in the winter months.
Today I’m sharing my 2023 resort wear favorites! I’ll then share a few favorites I’m packing for Grand Cayman, a few men’s picks, and some additional finds that didn’t make the graphics below. Bring on the warmer weather!
2023 Resort Wear Favorites for Women
When packing for a warm weather vacation, I like to bring along pieces that are versatile and can pair with other items I packed. So, I try to stick to a few color schemes and pieces I could wear as a coverup or as an outfit to lunch or around town!
SOURCES: Striped Tee | Denim Shorts | Earrings | Bubble Jelly Slides | Halter Swimsuit | Flip Flops | Straw Sun Visor | Coconut Lip Gloss | Sunscreen | Striped Cotton Cover Up Sarong | Sunglasses | SPF Lip Balm | Floating Phone Protector | Paddle Shorts | Puff Flip Flops | Woven Straw Market Tote | Soft Cotton Cosmetics Pouch
If I’m not gravitating towards blues and greens, I really love warm corals and pinks while on vacation!
SOURCES: Reversible Swimsuit | Smocked Beach Shorts | Jelly Slide Sandals | Straw Shoulder Bag | Tote | Halter Swimsuit | High-Rise Jean Shorts | Flip Flops | Tassel Tie-Front Swim Coverup | Scalloped Shorts | One-Shoulder Swimsuit | Knotted Headband | Sunglasses | Convertible Beach Sarong | Rattan Earrings | Scalloped Swim Top | Beaded Bracelets | Scalloped Swim Bottoms
I ordered the striped linen coverup below and absolutely love it! It probably could be worn as a dress, as well, but the slits are a bit high on the sides. I ordered up on size to ensure it wasn’t super clingy, and probably could have gone with my regular size (but love the flowy-ness of the larger size)! They offer a few solid colors as well.
Here’s another swim/coverup combo I’m loving!
I love a more lightweight and warm-weather appropriate clutch or purse while on vacation. Just enough to hold my phone, lip gloss, and credit cards!
SOURCES: Cane Clutch | Bamboo Basket Handbag | Straw Clutch | Rattan Basket Purse | Straw Half Circle Clutch | Bamboo & Wicker Handbag | Envelope Clutch | Straw Clutch | Fringed Clutch | Cane Mini Bag
A Few Favorites I’m Packing for Grand Cayman
I’ll try to remember to take some outfit photos next week when we’re in Grand Cayman, but I thought I’d share a few favorites I actually purchased and will bring along on the trip!
- This maxi dress is as flattering as everyone says! Super forgiving and comfy to wear – and plenty long even for the taller gals! I’d say it runs slightly big, so I’d order down if you’re between sizes. I ultimately decided on the “yellow motif” but almost did the pink embroidered version instead.
- These tank tops have been a long-time favorite! I ordered another white and black version this year since I used my old ones so much! They fit true to size, but I like to order up a size because I prefer them a little loose to pull over wet bathing suits if needed.
- I’ve raved about these linen blend shorts for years and years now! They’re still a favorite, even though I typically prefer a longer inseam. I don’t know if it’s the drawstring waist or the way they fit, but they never feel too short and are perfect as a swim coverup or for running around! I also love the chambray version.
- If you’re on the hunt for the most universally flattering swimsuit, be sure to try this one! Everyone I know that has tried it loves it, regardless of their shape or size! They also offer a long torso version. It sucks you in without being uncomfortable and definitely makes me feel more confident at the pool and beachside! I’ve also had great luck with Boden swimwear in the past (love their tankinis)!
- I’ve used this packable straw hat for years, and finally ordered a new one because mine had taken quite a bit of abuse over the years! I love the variety of sizes (finally something cute to fit my huge head) and it packs like a dream (you just roll it up and use the band as a tie).
I also have been building my packing essentials over the past year after getting by mostly with stuff leftover from my college years. I made this flatlay to show you how cute they all look together!
Additional 2023 Resort Wear Finds
Following are even more cute resort wear finds for this year! Tap any of the images below to learn more about each of the items shown.
2023 Men’s Resort Wear Finds
I had Kurtis earmark a few of his favorite finds to share today as well. He can’t get enough of his floafers (essentially a Croc that looks like a loafer) since they’re easy to dress up but are still comfy and not a true dress shoe.
A relatively new brand he discovered (and is now obsessed with) is Johnnie-O. He discovered it after this graphic was made, but it sounds like it was founded by one of the Peter Millar designers and is more of a California prep than country club prep type style. Definitely more coastal casual, but with some nice pieces thrown in that fit really well!
SOURCES: Light Blue Long Sleeve Shirt | Navy Hoodie | Lilac Short Sleeve Shirt | Navy Polo Shirt | Aviator Sunglasses | Watch | Seersucker Swim Trunks | Blue Hybrid Shorts | Light Blue Khaki Shorts | Sperry Sneakers | Linen Pants | Navy Chino Pants | Floafers | Leather Sandals
Additional Resort Wear Posts
Although some of these posts are older, they may give you some outfit inspiration and packing ideas if you’re headed on a warm weather vacation soon!
- 2022 Resort Wear Favorites
- Beach Totes and Vacation Bags
- What’s In My Suitcase: Nevis Edition
- 2020 Resort Wear Favorites
- What’s In My Suitcase: Atlantis Edition
- 2019 Resort Wear Favorites
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the below channels: