Good morning! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year’s weekend with loved ones. Here’s what we’ve been up to around here these past few weeks.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
We had a great few weeks celebrating Christmas, however, on Christmas night, we had to say goodbye to our sweet Bailey. It’s still so fresh and hard for me to talk about, but we had the best 17 years with her and knew this day was likely coming soon. I still remember the day we adopted her and her brother Bearcat like it was yesterday.
Everyone that met Bailey said she was a special girl, and we couldn’t agree more. She had the sweetest demeanor and wanted to make friends with any new visitors we’d have. In fact, most people assumed she was male because less than 20% of all orange cats are female. She truly was special in so many ways and we feel blessed to have had her with us as long as we did.
We’ll both miss her so much, but we’re both at peace knowing that it was her time. Thank you to all of you who have sent prayers and well wishes to us over the years as we navigated Bailey’s diabetes and other health concerns. We love you Bailey Rae and will miss you and your sweet face so much! ♥
Around Town & For Fun
Before we flew to Utah on the 20th, we tried to soak in a bit more of the holiday festivities around town. That Monday night, we headed to Seaside to watch the sunset.
We also walked around a few shops and then had dinner at Great Southern Cafe. Seaside can be a bit chaotic when it’s the busy season, but it’s so dang cute that we always enjoy it when we go! It was the perfect night with very few people out and about.
That Tuesday night, we visited the new arrival at our friends’ house. Blitzen is the cutest little guy and we’ve already had so much fun with him. His big brother, Dune, is pretty smitten too!
We flew to Utah Wednesday night to spend the week at my parents’ house.
Sadly, they unexpectedly lost their puggle, Charlie, the day after we arrived. Needless to say, it was a pretty emotional week for all of us. But we tried to make the best of our time together and still enjoy the company and the season.
We took a tour of the best Christmas lights in Davis County. This one in Centerville that was timed with a local radio station was a favorite.
One afternoon we grabbed drinks and apps downtown at White Horse. We then headed to Whole Foods to pick up some oysters and shrimp. Did you guys know that every Friday, Whole Foods has fresh oysters for $1 each, and they’ll shuck them and put them on ice for you for free? I believe it’s for Amazon Prime members, but my parents have checked in multiple states, and as far as they know, it works everywhere! Basically my dad’s all-time favorite meal!
That Saturday, my brother and sister-in-law (and their lab Ace) drove down from Idaho to spend the rest of the weekend with us. My mom booked a magician dinner at Gardner Village for all of us that night. They had done an Edgar Allen Poe / Halloween version previously, and they said this one was even better. We all had a lot of fun, and still can’t figure out most of the tricks we saw!
A quick family picture before we headed out to Christmas Eve service.
When we got home that night, it had lightly started to snow. The inversion made the sunset really pretty too. One benefit of the smog 😉
My mom then had a bunch of fun games for us to play together. I think my favorite was this giant ball of gifts she had Saran wrapped together. We had to unroll it without ripping the plastic. The person to your left would roll dice until they got doubles, and once they did, you had to stop unrolling and pass to your right. It then continued until we unwrapped the whole thing. But, as you unrolled, anything you “uncovered” was yours. We are not a quiet family, and this got intense and so funny! Our competitive streaks all came out and we all loved it. We also had to scoop candy canes with another candy cane in our mouth, and then also blow up balloons to stack cups hands-free.
It was such a great week with my side of the family.
We left Utah early Christmas morning and upon our return, took Bailey to the hospital. It was a long and emotional day with lots of tears. But there were also a lot of cuddles before we had to say goodbye. ♥
Wednesday night we attended a friend’s birthday party at Amigos. It was a nice distraction and fun to get out with some of our favorite people.
Thursday night, we attended a holiday party at our friends’ house in Watercolor. The dress code was casual since we’d be playing some competitive games, so I wore this top that’s basically a long sleeve t-shirt, but with the addition of sequin stripes for a little holiday flair. It’s currently an additional 70% off. It does have a loose fit, so I’d size down if you’re between sizes or if you prefer it more fitted. Just keep in mind it doesn’t have any stretch to it.
The party was a total blast and their home was absolutely gorgeous. We played several games similar to what we did at my parents’ and also had a gift exchange similar to a white elephant exchange.
Friday night we had another friend dinner, and hung out with our friends Katie and Luther that were visiting from Omaha. They own a townhome now across from Hola Beaches so it was fun to see them while they were visiting for a few weeks over the holidays!
Over the weekend, I started to take down all our Christmas decor. As of yesterday, I have everything down except for the two Christmas trees. All the ornaments are packed away, but we’re still enjoying the lights from the trees in the evenings. I anticipate I’ll be ready for those to go, as well, by this weekend.
Henley and Hawkeye have been our little shadows (even more than usual) after losing Bailey. We don’t know if it’s in part because we were out of town, or if they miss her company. It’s probably a bit of both, and whatever the reason, we’re a-okay with it. I took a few goal-setting courses over the weekend and Henley joined all of them 😉
Henley has also started taking over Bailey’s favorite places. This actually happened with Bailey when Bearcat passed several years ago. We aren’t sure if Henley always wanted to try these spots but let Bailey do her thing, or what. It’s kind of funny to see!
We also finally moved the last of the white bookcases out of my office and into Kurtis’. These had been placed in here during our move in August, but I needed the storage until my other bookshelf arrived. But, since they were packed so fully, it had been a process to get them moved. I finally emptied them entirely and we moved them to his office where the rest of the set is. Now I just need to get my office organized and put together so I can share more of it soon!
We originally had made plans for New Year’s Eve to have an early night with friends. But as the afternoon approached, we decided we could use a night at home just hanging out. Between the travel, losing Bailey, and several nights of social activities, we decided to embrace the down time. We rented the new Mission Impossible movie and I’m pretty sure we were both asleep by 10 pm. It was perfect.
A mama deer and her two babies enjoyed the sunset during their dinner, as well.
Yesterday, we headed down to the beach for our annual goal setting meeting. It was a bit windy, but the rare 65 degree temps were so beautiful! It was great to get outside and have the sun on our faces for a few hours.
The first quarter is really busy for us, with lots of travel and visitors. In fact I added it up, and we have people at our house for nearly a combined full month in the first three months of the year. Our first visitors arrive in less than two weeks! I also have an endless list of projects and designs around the house I want to start working on as soon as possible now that the holiday decor is mostly packed away.
We’re really looking forward to the fresh start that the new year brings, and I hope we all have our best year yet!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers from last week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
In Case You Missed It
Following are the posts I shared over the past few weeks, in case you missed some days!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some sales from the weekend that have carried over and are still going strong!
- AMAZON has a number of deals today! You can shop their site here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering $50 off full-priced jackets and shoes and $40 off full-priced pants. You can shop their site here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering up to 30% off bedding, rugs, bath, and more, as well as an additional 40% off items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering 25% off indoor furniture, drapery, and pillows! You can shop their sale here.
- BODEN is offering up to 60% off their sale section plus an extra 10% off at checkout. You can shop their site here.
- GAP is offering an additional 50% off markdowns for up to 75% off. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering 25% off full-priced styles and an extra 70% off 3+ sale styles with code NEWYEAR! You can shop their site here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering up to 60% off everything and an extra 24% off $100+ with code YAY2024. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering up to 50% off full-priced styles and 30% off Lou & Grey. You can shop their sale here.
- LULULEMON has a number of new items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- MADEWELL is offering an additional 30% off sale styles with code WINTER30. You can shop their site here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is offering up to 60% off bags, travel and more! You can shop their site here.
- MARSHALLS has a number of deals sitewide plus free shipping on orders of $89+ with code SHIP89. You can shop their site here.
- MICHAELS is offering 40% off one regular-priced item with code 40HAPPYNUYR. You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM is hosting their Half-Yearly Sale with items marked up to 50% off! You can shop their site here.
- OLD NAVY is offering 30% off your order (no code required) and an additional 40% off clearance with code EXTRA. You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is offering up to 50% off during their end of season sale. You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is offering up to 75% off items in their year-end warehouse. You can shop their site here.
- RUGS USA is offering an additional 20% off everything with code FRESH. You can shop their site here.
- SERENA & LILY is offering 20% off everything and most items ship free with code NEWYEAR. You can shop their sale here.
- TARGET has a number of home deals, including holiday storage items starting at $6, up to 35% off floorcare, up to 20% off select storage items, plus tons more! You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX has a number of deals sitewide and is offering free shipping on orders $89+ with code SHIP89! You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH is offering an additional 25% off items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- TUCKERNUCK has a number of new items added to their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- WAYFAIR is offering up to 60% off during their end of year clearance sale – plus it all ships free. You can shop their site here.
- WEST ELM is offering up to 50% off and free shipping on 1000s of items. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is offering up to 50% off in their end of season sale, along with free shipping on electrics, cookware and cutlery. You can shop their site here.
I hope you all have a great week and start to your new year!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the below channels: