Good morning! I hope you all had a great weekend! Can you believe Christmas is already a week from today?! Here’s a bit of what we’ve been up to over the past week or so.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Home Projects & Updates
We tried to wrap up a few tasks that had been hanging out there for a bit. We had several things we needed to hang on the walls, and sometimes it’s easier to just crank them all out at once.
The first was this large linen-wrapped bulletin board I ordered to use as a mood board in my office. I have so many wallpaper samples and fabric swatches I want to hang here. Basically mini versions of design boards for the first few projects I want to work on early in 2024. I’ll share more soon!
We also finally hung the mirror in the “cats’ bathroom”. This mirror was originally intended for our guest bathroom, but when it arrived in the summer it was shattered. When I called Pottery Barn, it was then backordered for several months. I really wanted this one though because it’s hung with a French cleat (makes life so much easier). At that point, I decided to pull the mirror I was going to use here and move it to the guest bath and then wait for this one to use here. Long story short, it arrived a month or two ago and it just hadn’t been a priority to hang. It feels good to have it looking a little more finished in here now, even if this is where we simply store the cat litter boxes! The image below is a little wonky because I had to use the wide-angle lens to fit it all in. But it’s a really cute bathroom – the only place I used a navy blue cabinet!
Over in our bedroom, we finally hung the art that used to be over our dresser. It’s been sitting on the floor since the day we moved in. But it’s one of my favorite pieces ever and the colors are just so good. I had been hoping to hang it above the bed, but it ended up being too large and awkward. So this side wall works for now!
SOURCES: Bead Chandelier | Blue Linen Bed (look for less here) | Art | Nightstands | Lamps | Wreath | Blue Velvet Ribbon (similar here) | Washed Velvet Quilt | Waffle Knit Blanket | Woven Rug | Buffalo Check Stools
You can see more of most of these spaces in my recent coastal Christmas home tour!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers from last week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
In Case You Missed It
Following are the posts I shared over the past week, in case you missed some days!
Around Town & For Fun
Monday we had taco night with our friends Rachel and Chris down the street. Combined we had the ingredients for a fun nacho bar night so we planned it rather quickly and had a fun time! Dune always loves the extra attention and snuggles. You can also see Kurtis unintentionally modeling the margarita glass I had in last week’s Wednesday Watch List.
We ran to Rosemary Beach for coffee early Tuesday morning and it was freezing. Literally in the 30’s and for us thin-blooded new Floridians, it was brutal! I recently picked up this cute under-$50 coat from Walmart and took it for its maiden voyage. We head to Utah later this week, so I was needing something warm. I love that this has two closures (the cropped inner portion that looks more like a top from afar and the regular button closure on the puffer portion). I sized up to an XL because I hate tight coats, especially if I’m wearing a sweater. So it’s a bit loose if I have a thinner top underneath, but I’m really happy with it. It comes in 8 colors but I love the red in the winter months! I made this graphic below after I made the one further down in the post. But I thought this was an easy way to share more of my outfits without an in-your-face selfie or styled image 🙂
We had a day where we lost internet at our house for about four and a half hours. We don’t have great cell service in the area either, so I felt helpless getting any work done. Kurtis even had to do a presentation from the car to 800 people in the Publix parking lot where he had cell service. Ha! Thankfully it was a beautiful afternoon, so I took the cats out on the front porch for a bit while I pulled some weeds. They’re so funny because we’ll basically let them out on the screened-in back porch any time they want. But Hawkeye especially loves to go out front and just chill. I think they really loved getting some sun on their faces since it has been so much cooler here recently.
Late Friday afternoon, Kurtis and Chris decided to go to a showing of Die Hard at the theater. They rounded up a small group so I decided to have an impromptu girl’s night at the house. We had margaritas and ordered in Italian food and talked about Marissa’s darling baby boy Hudson along with all things work-related. Our friend Ashley also came and it was just a really fun, casual night hanging out before the chaos of this week arrives for everyone!
Here’s the collage that got me thinking I’ll share these more frequently. I made it for my Instagram stories after girl’s night. So, if you like them and find them helpful, I’ll start to share more of them!
Saturday night, we finally had our viewing of The Holiday for the season. It’s by far my favorite movie, and we only allow ourselves to watch it in December. I thought my friend Rachel was the only woman in America who hadn’t seen it yet, but I did a poll on Instagram, and it turns out about 25% of respondents hadn’t seen it either. We need to fix this! If you love a good romantic comedy and haven’t seen it, you definitely need to check it out. Despite the fact it’s now 17 years old, the design, outfits, everything – it’s all still relevant today. That’s what a good Nancy Meyers film will always be!
Sunday we went back and forth about going out to dinner or ordering in. With us leaving town this week, we didn’t want to get too many groceries so the pickings at home were rather slim. I’m so glad we finally decided to get ready and head into Rosemary Beach. It’s literally five minutes from our house, but we definitely don’t go there often enough! It is absolutely magical this time of year. I still have to pinch myself sometimes that the white building below with the giant wreath is our post office and the building to the right of it is our town hall and voting precinct. Still so surreal!
We ended up at Paradis, which we had only been to one other time. It’s on the fancier side, but we decided to take it a bit more casual and enjoy dinner in the bar. I’m so glad we chose it. The food was phenomenal and the service was excellent. Such a fun night that had us both very grateful we didn’t just stay home! The holiday lights and decor won’t be around much longer, so we need to fully embrace them all while we can!
We’re excited to head to Utah later this week! Before that, we’re hoping to get over to Seaside one night for dinner to check out some of their holiday lights, as well. We’ll be here most of the week between Christmas and New Year’s, so we have a bit more time to explore around town. We also have our builder’s crew popping in several times before we leave to crank out more of the punch list from our one-month walkthrough. One of these days we’ll get it all wrapped up!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some sales from the weekend that have carried over and are still going strong! You can see my top picks here.
- AMAZON has a number of deals today! You can shop their site here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering 50% off your purchase. You can shop their site here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering up to 40% off cozy styles, candles, jewelry and more, as well as an additional 50% off items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering 20-70% off sitewide and 50-60% off all holiday! You can shop their sale here.
- BODEN is offering up to 50% off their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- GAP is offering 50% off your purchase. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering 50% off almost everything and an extra 70% off 3+ sale styles with code SHOPNOW. The red version of my favorite lady jacket sweater is available with the extra 70% off and is nearly fully stocked as of this post! And this Sequin Skirt would be amazing for New Year’s -especially with the extra 70% off! You can shop their site here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering 50-70% off everything plus $10 off every $50 you spend with code SAVEALOT. Plus get an extra 70% off clearance styles with code 70WINS. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering up to 60% off your purchase. You can shop their sale here.
- LULULEMON has a number of new items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- MADEWELL is offering 40% off your purchase with code GETGIFTING. You can shop their site here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is offering up to 50% off select items and an extra 20% off clearance items with code EXTRA20! You can shop their site here.
- MARSHALLS has a number of deals sitewide plus free shipping on orders of $89+ with code SHIP89. You can shop their site here.
- MCGEE & CO. is hosting their Winter Tent Sale, with items marked up to 70% off. You can shop their site here.
- MICHAELS is offering 30% off your regular-priced purchase with code JOLLY30US. You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM has a Limited-Time Sale section that’s worth checking out! They’re also offering 5x points to Nordy Club members. You can shop their site here.
- OLD NAVY is offering 30% off your order. You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is offering up to 50% off during their Holiday Sale as well as an additional 15% off clearance styles with code EXTRA! They also have my favorite velvet pillow covers $10 off! You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is offering up to 40% off items in their Home For the Holidays sale. You can shop their site here.
- RUGS USA is offering an additional $40 off your $200+ purchase with code MERRY. You can shop their site here.
- SERENA & LILY has up to 40% off favorites of the season and free shipping. They have also added some additional items in the sale section. You can shop their sale here.
- TARGET has a number of home deals, including up to 40% off kitchen and dining items, up to 30% off floorcare, up to 30% off furniture, plus tons more! You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX has a number of deals sitewide and is offering free shipping on orders $89+ with code SHIP89! You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH has added additional items to their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- TUCKERNUCK has a number of new items added to their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- WALMART has up to 65% off on their flash deals. You can shop all of their sales here.
- WAYFAIR is offering up to 60% off during their 72 hour flash sale – plus it all ships free. You can shop their site here.
- WEST ELM is offering up to 50% off and free shipping on 1000s of items. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is offering up to 75% off clearance items. You can shop their site here.
I hope you all have a great week and start to your Christmas weekend!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the below channels: