Good morning! I hope you all had a great Halloween weekend! I’m coming at you a day late to share what we were up to over the past week.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Home Projects & Updates
The big news from last week? Our backordered awning gas strut window arrived! It’s an absolute beast but we were so excited to finally have it onsite. Our builders had everything lined up to get it installed Wednesday (along with the countertops). And then it rained. And rained. And rained. So sadly, install was pushed to this week.
But, I’m happy to report both the window and countertops were installed yesterday! Kurtis and I weren’t here for the big install (more on that in a minute), but here are some images I shared on my Instagram Stories that I got from CKF (the cabinet and countertop installers)! When I saw that hole opened up first thing in the morning, I was beyond excited!
Here’s a close-up of the White Macaubas slab we used for the countertops. You may recall there were very few that would work in an indoor/outdoor setting, so I’m thrilled with how beautiful these are!
It’s starting to finally feel like the end is near! We still have a lot of contractors (nine to be exact) that have to come in now and wrap things up. Things like trim, paint, electrical, plumbing, siding, caulking… all the fun stuff. But, I’m hoping I’ll be able to share a reveal very soon!
The builders left instructions on how we could open the gas strut window last night (it’s temporarily rigged until the electricians come). It is so freaking cool, so it may have been worth all the headache and delays 😉 We’re definitely in the home stretch now, so I’m hoping I can share the big reveal within the next two weeks or so!
In other exciting news last week, Kurtis and I power-washed all our pool furniture cushions. Ha! It was far from fun, but always necessary at the end of the season. We tried to pick a sunny day to help things dry out. This is about a quarter of what we had to wash, so it took awhile, but we’ll be happy we did it, come spring time! Our power washer is sold out, but this one is the same brand and comes with even more tips. Kurtis loves it so much more than his old gas powered one that was clunky and not as easy to move around.
I also wanted to let you know that I found this art in stock, and available in three sizes! Ours is the larger size (32×32 I believe) that is no longer available but some of the smaller ones are back! It’s one of my favorite budget art finds ever!
GUEST BEDROOM SOURCES: Upholstered Bed | Striped Comforter Set | Euro Pillows | Bead Chandelier | Striped Rug | Raffia Nightstands | White Ceramic Lamps (come as a set of two) | Abstract Beach Art | Faux Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree (this is the 5’4″ size) | Mirrors | Similar Drapes | Cane Chair | Striped Pillow
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the past week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
In Case You Missed It
Here are the blog posts I shared last week, in case you missed any of them! Click any of the titles below to be taken to the full post:
Following are the most read blog posts of last week (excluding any of the new posts already mentioned above). Many times this includes old posts that are popular on Google or Pinterest! It’s fun to see what is trending each week!
Around Town & For Fun
Kurtis and I took a rather last-minute trip back down to Florida for a long weekend and got to spend some time with our good friends down there. We’re in the early stages of something fun and I hope to share more with you soon. But, one thing at a time, as the pool house needs to be my focus now until it’s done! It was a bit rainy and windy part of the time we were there, but our last night with dinner at Old Florida Fish House on 30A was amazing! As much as we didn’t want to leave the beautiful weather, you know I was counting down the minutes on Monday until we got home to see the pool house progress!
We’ve been having some beautiful sunsets around here lately. I’ve been trying to sit with the cats for an hour or two in the pool house each night, especially on days when they’re locked up with workers here. This view from the sofa actually looks north but the sky was so pretty one night last week! I actually ordered a curtain rod and curtains for this set of doors for privacy in the evenings. But I’m terrified to drill into the shiplap right now so it might be a bit before I hang them up!
The cats are still obsessed with “their” pool house. Things were still a bit chaotic last night when we got home, so we only let them briefly look around. But we’re convinced they’re going to love it even more now that they can jump on the countertops (which they’re not supposed to do). They’re going to love their giant new window! Henley is also clearly putting those new sofa cushion to the test.
My goal is to start publishing my gift guides yet this week and into the coming weeks! It’s so hard to believe the holiday season is already upon us! I’m torn between starting my Christmas decor and pulling out more summer decor to photograph the pool house for when it’s ready 😉
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are the sales from the weekend that are still going strong.
- AMAZON has a number of deals sitewide. These super popular cane & rattan box sets are in stock and on sale today! I’m guessing they won’t last long! You can shop their site here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering 30% off cashmere with code CASHMERE and an extra 40-60% off all sale styles. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up to 75% off all clearance items. You can shop their sale here.
- BODEN is offering 15% off full-priced items and free shipping and returns on orders of $49+. You can shop their site here.
- CRATE & BARREL is hosting their Fall Savings Event with up to 60% off furniture and more. You can shop their site here.
- GAP is offering an extra 50% off sales styles with code FAVES and an extra 10% off your purchase at checkout with code PERK. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering 25% off your purchase with code NOVEMBER as well as up to 50% off gift worthy picks!. You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering up to 50% off everything. You can shop their sale here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is offering up to 40% off bags, home, and more! You can shop their site here.
- MARSHALL’s has a number of deals sitewide including new markdowns. You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM has a number of new markdowns in their sale section. You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY is offering 30% off your purchase (including clearance) – no code needed. You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK is hosting their Black Friday Early Access Sale with up to 70% off 1000s of items, which also includes free shipping on everything! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN has up to 70% 1000s of items including furniture, bedding, decor, and more. You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY is offering free shipping on everything with code HAPPYHOME. They also have a lot of new items in their sale section. You can shop their sale here.
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off furniture – online only. You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX is has a number of deals sitewide! You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH has a number of new items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- TUCKERNUCK has added some new sale pieces that are all darling per usual! You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is hosting a clearance sale with up to 75% off tons of items sitewide. Plus, you can get an extra 20% off those items with code EXTRA! You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is also hosting a clearance sale with up to 75% off 100s of items. Plus, you can get an extra 20% off those items with code EXTRA! You can shop their site here.
- WORLD MARKET is offering up to 30% off select wall decor and lighting. You can shop their site here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used