Good morning! I hope you all had a wonderful and safe holiday weekend! Here’s a bit of what we were up to this past week. There’s a lot to share!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
There was a lot of progress on the pool house front! Not only that, some of our windows in our house were replaced throughout the week so there was a lot of action! The window below is one of the ones that badly needed to be replaced. In the summer months we could barely see through it and as you can see the exterior had badly faded over time since this is in the sun all day.
It was pretty weird to walk out back and see our living room windows completely cut out and missing!
I was a little nervous watching them carry our bedroom window up the staircase. But, it made it through with no issues!
This drone shot of the backyard was from mid-week once the closet had been framed and the roof started going up. They actually finished the roof before the week’s end! And although this is pretty high up, you can catch a peek at our new windows here, too!
I haven’t shown the interior of the pool house yet, so here it is once the roof went on. This is using my wide angle setting on my eye phone, so it definitely makes it feel larger than it actually is. But it’s fun to see each of the site lines! The big window on the front right will actually be framed about three feet up to build in the cabinets and then the outside bar. But other than that, these are the openings for the windows and sliders!
The guys won’t be back until tomorrow due to chance of thunderstorms overnight. Their next step is to cut into our upstairs roofline to tie the roofs together, so they need to ensure it’s dry until that job is finished!
Once the roof went up, it was pretty clear we needed to do some tree trimming. We spent a few hours working on that over the weekend, and now we just need a dumpster to deal with all of it 😉
We’ve been saying for years that we need to install a flag pole on our house, and I finally got this kit to do it! It was a little pricier than others, but with the wind we get here, I wanted the spinning option so it doesn’t constantly get wrapped up. Love love love!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the past week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
In Case You Missed It
I’ve had a few requests for this new section in my Weekend Recap. I know I post pretty frequently and it’s sometimes easy for a post to get lost in the mix. So, going forward, I’ll now be adding quick links to each of my blog posts from the prior week. Here’s what I posted last week. Click any of the titles below to be taken to the full post:
- Weekend Recap
- Wednesday Watch List
- Walmart Fashion Finds for Summer
- The Best 4th of July Weekend Sales
I’m also going to include the most popular posts by traffic for the week. Many times this includes old posts that are popular on Google or Pinterest! It’s fun to see what is trending each week! People were feeling the blues and greens this week!
- The Best Green Paint Colors
- The Best Blue Gray Paint Colors and Our Freshly Painted Front Door1
- The Best Blue Green Paint Colors
- Pottery Barn York Sofa Review
- Our Current Home Tour
Around Town & For Fun
The cats have not been happy they can’t use our back patio any longer, so we’ve been spending more time in the courtyard. Here you can see two of our new windows closer up. They still have the film on them here, but I’m so happy I decided to have the grids added to match the windows on the front of our house. This picture is also a very accurate representation of Hawkeye and Bailey. One always so curious and getting in trouble, the other one so chill an wondering why we’re yelling so much 😉 Side note: as of the time of publishing there is a patio set available in Omaha to buy online and pick up in store if anyone is interested!
We were determined to make the most of our holiday weekend! We had some tasks to tackle at our rental house and around our house, but then we were in staycay mode. That included a First Watch Door Dash delivery and mimosas out by the pool!
We had dinner with our friends on Saturday night, and made s’mores and chased lightning bugs with the girls!
On the 4th, we headed to our friends’ house for a big pool party. It was technically a big family party, but we’ve been inducted as honorary members 😉
Our goddaughter Elle was her usual smiley self and had a lot of fun in the pool!
And our other goddaughter Zoe had the time of her life! Lots of swimming with her cousins followed by fireworks. Not gonna lie – I think all the adults were feeling nostalgic watching the kids’ excitement over the fireworks. It was such a great night!
We woke up yesterday morning to this squirrel and rabbit tag-teaming it to eat my bird seed. A+ for teamwork. It’s hard to get mad when they’re so fun to watch!
My planters are at the point where they’re all doing really well, but have gotten so big they need to be watered so much. And I’m at the point in the season where I’m starting to get sick of a watering 😉 Never a super great combination!
Our pool has been pretty murky this past week due to all the cotton in the air and all the sawdust blowing in. But, it didn’t stop us from getting in! Three weeks had been too long of a break!
In other news, Studio McGee is launching their fall line at Target on Sunday! Here’s a sneak peek of what’s to come. I have the sources listed under the image. A few items are available to shop now, but most won’t be available until Sunday. I have a full post all ready to go with my top picks. There are so many cute things! I’ll plan to post later this week so you have time to favorite the items you have your eye on and it will make checkout easier come 12 midnight PST on Sunday!
And, it’s hard to believe the time has already come, but the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale starts next week for cardholders and opens to the public on 7/28. In order to avoid to much chaos, they actually launched their sale preview today! So, you can now peruse all the items early, save them as favorites, and then checkout will be much easier once you can shop! They’ve added 100+ new brands this year, so it should be exciting. I’m planning to go through it all over the coming week, and will plan to have a post next week with my top picks. But at first glance, I’m already seeing several favorites included!
Here are a few things I own and love that are included in the sale:
- Some of our favorite throw blankets
- The comfiest bra I own
- My curling iron
- I buy a pair of these jeans every year because they seem to be the only ones I want to wear
- These jeans are another favorite
- This open front pocket cardigan
- This round marble and acacia wood serving board
- The best Barefoot Dreams socks
- The softest pajamas
- My favorite silk pillowcases
Like I said, once I have a chance to go through all of the 6,000+ items, I’ll share all my top picks next week!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are the sales from the weekend that are still going strong. You can see all of my top picks here.
- AMAZON has a number of deals sitewide in the Daily Deals section. I’m loving the variety of these Moravian star light fixtures – all of which currently have a coupon you can apply! These pillow insert pairs I’ve been using lately have an 10% coupon you can clip as of the time of this post going live! Remember to order 2″ larger inserts than your pillow covers for the best designer look! These Lantern Pendant Lights come in four finishes and are a steal when you apply the extra 10% off coupon. Such a great designer look for less! You can shop their sales here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering up to 60% off all sale styles. You can shop their site here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering an extra 25% off sale items. No code required. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up to 70% off all clearance items. You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering 40% off regular-priced items, an extra 50% off sale styles, and and extra 20% off if you use a Gap Inc. card with code BRCARD20. You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering free shipping on all orders and $25 off $125+ with code CHEERS25. You can shop their site here.
- BODEN is offering up to 60% off sale styles plus an extra 10% off full-priced items. You can shop their site here.
- GAP is offering up to 50% off regular priced styles, an extra 40% off markdowns, and an extra 10% off regular priced styles with code SAVE. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering up to 30% off summer essentials and an extra 50% off select women’s dresses. You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering 40% off their entire site! Prices as marked. You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLAND’S is offering 15% off your entire regular-priced purchase with code SAVE. You can shop their sale here.
- LINDSAY LETTERS is offering 15% off sitewide at checkout with code FINALE. I love both her The Pledge of Allegiance Canvas and American Flag Abstract Art, especially in the summer months! You can shop her site here.
- LOFT is offering 40% off one style, 50% off 2 styles, and 60% off 3+ styles with code FUN. You can shop their site here.
- LULULEMON has a number of new items in their sale section, including some new Align and Wunder leggings! You can shop their sale here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is offering up to 70% off 100s of styles! My favorite striped wood cheese board is $30 off in two colors and $60 off in the other two colors! I also think these Acrylic and Gold Storage Boxes that come in three colors and two sizes would make such cute gifts! You can shop their site here.
- MARSHALL’s has a number of deals sitewide including new markdowns. You can shop their site here.
- MCGEE & CO. is offering 20% off select lighting with code LIGHTITUP! You can shop their site here.
- MICHAELS is offering 20% off all regular priced purchases with code 20MADEBYYOU, plus tons of deals sitewide! You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM has thousands of new markdowns, up to 60% off – including in their designer clearance section! I have this V-Neck Jersey Maxi Dress in two colors and love how easy it is to not only pack, but to wear! You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY is offering 25% off your purchase, or 35% off $100+ with code EXTRA. You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK is hosting their living room super sale with up to 70% off 1000s of items! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is also hosting their Warehouse Sale, with items marked up to 75% off. They finally have markdowns on some of our favorite items in our home. If you’ve considered our sofas or sectional before, they have them on sale in a number of fabrics (read our full review here and here). You can also get free shipping on non-freight items with a purchase of $99+ with code FREESHIP. You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is also hosting their Warehouse sale, with select styles up to 75% off! You can shop their site here.
- RIFLE PAPER CO. is offering 25% off your entire purchase of $50+ (excluding wallpaper, rugs, pillow and swimwear) with code BLOOM25! I basically want everything on their entire site 😉 But this Amalfi del Mar candle, their AirPods cases, iPhone cases, and these Hydrangea Vintage Champion d’Orsay Sneakers are a great place to start! You can shop their site here.
- SERENA & LILY is offering up to 25% off all outdoor styles. You can shop their site here.
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off select home items, including up to 25% off patio furniture, fire pits and accessories. You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX is has a number of deals sitewide! I love this Pair of Table Lamps! You can shop their site here.
- TUCKERNUCK has added some new sale pieces that are all darling per usual! You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is also hosting their Warehouse Event with up to 75% off tons of items sitewide. Their hand soaps (our favorites) are currently 20% off, which hasn’t happened for awhile. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is also hosting their Warehouse Event with up to 75% off 100s of items sitewide. You can shop their site here.
- WORLD MARKET is offering up to 40% off select outdoor furniture, plus get an extra 20% off on buy online/pick-up curbside orders! You can shop their site here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links use