Good morning! I hope you all had a nice, relaxing weekend! Here’s a bit of what we’ve been up to around here over the past week.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
Monday morning I decided to hit up Lowe’s for some plant shopping. I typically head straight to the back where they have their “damaged” flowers. I was able to score a bunch that were marked down 60-75% off. Most had very little wrong with them and really just needed some water or dead-heading. I’m actually going to pot the hanging baskets too. It’s worth checking at your own store because there are usually some good deals in the back!
I love seeing the pops of color showing up around our yard now that I’m starting to get a bunch planted! I’m still on the hunt for a few topiaries or center pieces so I can finish the remainder of my planters. But these little chippendale planters looked so cute with one of those ReadyRefill planters from Lowe’s!
I set up our new scallop umbrellas this past week too! I love them so much. Kurtis says he doesn’t like all the “fringe”. He ended up liking them after some use though because they’re much sturdier than our previous ones, and they’re actually a larger in diameter, too. They come in four color options if you like the look but are nervous about the white. I’m hoping it holds up okay!
Later in the week, I got some planting done up on the hill. I wanted to wait on this area because our sprinklers don’t get turned on until today and I didn’t have water up here otherwise. So, I had kept most of these items I bought last weekend down in the lower yard to so I could keep them watered!
So much grass and grown into most of my other plantings up here, so the plants were pulled when our mulch was refreshed this spring. We had them extend the bed this year so that was less likely to happen again in the future. It took me a few hours to get everything planted, but I love how it looks now! Now we just have to hope the bunnies don’t see it as a buffet 😉
I added that second set of solar lights to our backyard (mostly to illuminate the wall) and love how it looks!
Hoping to find the final pieces for my planters this week so I can get them all wrapped up for the season!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the past week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
Around Town & For Fun
I mentioned last week that Kurtis took Monday off work so we could try and have a pool day. The weather was beautiful, but our pool still wasn’t swimmable so we just sat outside and enjoyed the heat! I made our first pool charcuterie plate with some random items we had leftover. But it’s definitely starting to feel like summer again!
In healthier news, Kurtis and I realized over Easter weekend that if we have fresh veggies in our fridge already prepared, we’ll eat them. So since then, we’ve been trying to buy a bunch early in the week, get them all cut/chopped, and keep them on this chip and dip tray. It’s actually worked out pretty well! For the dip, we’re just using Greek yogurt with some powdered Hidden Valley Ranch to fake like we’re getting ranch dressing 😉
Not sure if I mentioned this already, but we officially ordered some new windows. We’ll have to do them in stages due to the cost. But now that the weather is warming up, the really bad ones are starting to look like the one below. You literally can’t see out of them in some areas and the exterior weather-stripping has fallen off almost all of them. They will only continue to get worse as the temps increase. So bad! We’re glad we finally decided to move forward after seeing this show up again.
I’ve had a cute little cardinal couple visiting me this past week. You can see the top of the female’s head popping out behind the chair the male is on. They dance around the courtyard, sit on the string lights, and basically drive the cats insane!
We popped down to see our goddaughters one night after dinner. Z takes her playdoh very seriously and had to give me instructions along the way for what colors I could use and which animals I could create 😉
Friday night, Kurtis said he wanted to send the end of his “birth month” out in style. After work he hopped in the pool for about an hour and then we headed to Shucks for some oysters.
We sat on the patio and listed to music for a few hours afterwards and the cats were in absolute heaven!
These two are getting a little too brave for their own good though!
We also had a meeting to look at some ideas for our next big project! I’m really not trying to be cryptic or anything by not sharing. I just wanted to get the bathroom and garage reveals posted before digging into the next project. We’ve also encountered some major delays so I’ve been holding off on sharing until we get some answers and some final green lights. But here’s a little preview of some ideas we were playing around with. I’m hoping to share all the details next week! Stay tuned – it’s going to be a fun one!
My sister-in-law are hosting a bridal shower in Iowa next weekend for our niece. So we got together for dinner Saturday night to work out some of the final details. She and I are looking forward to the event on Saturday! The guys are going to stay home and get together to golf one day. With Bailey needing her insulin twice daily and them being our backups, it make it tough for us to all leave at the same time. But it should end up being a fun weekend for all of us!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are the sales from the weekend that are still going strong.
- AMAZON has a number of deals sitewide in the Daily Deals section. These pillow insert pairs I’ve been using lately have an 6% coupon you can clip as of the time of this post going live! Remember to order 2″ larger inserts than your pillow covers for the best designer look! You can shop their sales here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE is offering 25% off jeans and shorts! You can shop their sale here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering $50 off full-priced dresses, skirts and shoes with code OCCASSION. You can shop their site here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering an extra 25% off sale items! No code required. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering free shipping sitewide. You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering 40% off regular-priced items, an extra 50% off sales styles, and an extra 10% off your purchase (no code required). You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering 15% off sitewide with code MOTHER15. You can shop their site here.
- BODEN is offering 15% off full-priced items at checkout (no code required) and free shipping on orders of $49+. You can shop their site here.
- GAP is offering up to 50% off sitewide, an extra 40% off sale styles with code COOL, and an extra 10% off at checkout with code TREAT. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering an extra 50% off sale styles with code SALEONSALE. You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY has 500+ styles under $25. You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLAND’S is offering 20% off one regular-priced item with code BRUNCH. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering 40% off full-priced tops, skirts, shorts and more with code EASY. You can shop their site here.
- LULULEMON has a number of new items in their sale section, including some new Align and Wunder leggings! You can shop their sale here.
- MARK & GRAHAM has added to their clearance section, with tons of items marked up to 70% off. My favorite oversized striped cheese board is $30 off in most colors! You can shop their site here.
- MARSHALL’s has a number of deals sitewide. You can shop their site here.
- MICHAELS is offering 20% off all regular priced purchases with code 20MADEBYYOU, plus tons of deals sitewide! You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM has a number of new markdowns sitewide. They have a great price on these Mini Miller Sandals, too! You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY has 60% off summer favorites for the family. Prices as marked, no code required. You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK is hosting hosting a Spring Black Friday sale with up to 70% off 1000s of items and free shipping on everything! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN has a number of items marked up to 50% off in their clearance section. I know many of you were waiting for a buy more save more sale, but it looks like they’re carrying this no-sales thing into the second quarter. Apparently they’ve had a surge in demand and so many furniture orders and have such a backlog, they won’t being doing sales for some time. Just wanted to pass that along if you’ve been waiting! You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY has added a number of items to their sale section. We have several versions of these laminated trays, and get so much use out of them! You can shop their site here.
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off select home items! You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX is has a number of deals sitewide! I love this Pair of Table Lamps! You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH has added a bunch new pieces to their sale section. Loving this quilted version of my favorite ballet flats! You can shop their site here.
- TUCKERNUCK has added some new sale pieces that are all darling per usual! You can shop their site here.
- VANITY PLANET is offering 50% off sitewide with code VPA50. You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is hosting their Clearance Event with up to 75% off tons of items sitewide. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is also hosting their Clearance Event with up to 60% off 100s of items sitewide. You can shop their site here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used