I hope you all had a nice Mother’s Day weekend! Here’s a bit of what we were up to this past week.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
I finally found the motherload of palms at Lowe’s last week. Each year, I never know what I’m going to use in the center of my big planters until I get out and see what’s available (and will be the most cost-effective). Last year it was hibiscus topiaries, this year, it’s palm trees! I knew I had to get what I could find before Mother’s Day or things start getting super picked over around here and I have to run all over town to even find anything.
I also found some really pretty varieties of wave petunias and two large mandevilla trellis topiaries to use in my planters! I might gravitate towards blues and neutral in my decor, but I love all the bright colors when it comes to my planters!
Our weather has been ridiculous these past few weeks, with far too many nights dipping into the 30’s. It has made me nervous to plant too many items. But, I was finally able to get all the palms placed Friday morning before I had to leave town. They can tolerate down to 40 degrees so I’m hoping it’s close enough and they get through this week unscathed! I also finished the planter in between the garage doors. I used three colors of petunias and two sweet potato vines. They don’t look like much now, but I applied my favorite fertilizer and they’ll be looking really good in no time! I’ll keep you posted.
I’m planning to share more of the details on our next big project around here this week! I know many of you have already guessed what it is, but I’ll be sharing tons of details, design boards and more! I’m putting it in writing today so I hold myself accountable and get it done!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the past week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
Around Town & For Fun
Thursday and Friday, I virtually attended the Better Homes & Gardens Stylemaker Event. They did a great job coordinating everything virtually, although it wasn’t quite the same as seeing everyone face to face in New York! I made the recommended cocktail for the event and it was really good! Kind of like a boozy, sweet and tart orange julius. Hopefully you can see the recipe below if you’re interested in trying it at home!
These three are always chasing the sun. Who can blame them?!
Friday afternoon, my sister-in-law and I headed to Iowa for my niece’s bridal shower. We were the hostesses and it was such a fun weekend! Saturday morning, I conned my father-in-law into helping me forage some lilacs for the event. It was 45 degrees and we were both still in our pajamas, but he was a good sport about it! 😉
We hosted the shower at my in-laws’ church. The bride requested simple, small, and no games! So we hosted a small luncheon with lots of conversation and it was a lot of fun! My sister-in-law handled coordinating most of the decor and I handled the invitation design and getting those all sent out. It all turned out really cute! Here’s the beautiful bride-to-be! I can’t believe she’ll be married in less than a month!
We had everything catered by the local grocery store and my sister-in-law found these cute toppers to dress up the cupcakes. The lilacs made the perfect backdrop for everything so it was definitely worth spending all that time outside freezing 😉
My sister-in-law and I stayed in Iowa through Sunday morning. It was a pretty lazy afternoon after that once I got home. Lots of bingeing The Crown and the cats weren’t sad about that at all!
It’s another busy week around here as we plan to head to Utah late next week for a wedding and to see my side of the family! We haven’t been back to Utah in nearly a year and a half since we had to cancel our plans last year. So it will be fun to get back again!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are the sales from the weekend that are still going strong.
- AMAZON has a number of deals sitewide in the Daily Deals section. These pillow insert pairs I’ve been using lately have an 8% coupon you can clip as of the time of this post going live! Remember to order 2″ larger inserts than your pillow covers for the best designer look! You can shop their sales here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE is offering 25% off jeans and BOGO 50% off on skirts and shorts! You can shop their sale here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering 50% off select full-priced styles with code RESET. You can shop their site here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering an extra 25% off sale items! No code required. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up to 20% off outdoor furniture and planters. You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering 40% off your purchase (no code required). You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering $25 off $125+ with code GARDEN25. You can shop their site here.
- BODEN is offering 15% off full-priced items at checkout (no code required) and free shipping on orders of $49+. You can shop their site here.
- GAP is offering up to 50% off sitewide, an extra 40% off sale styles with code NICE, and an extra 10% off at checkout with code ADDIT. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering 25% off your purchase with code FLASH. You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY has a number of sales sitewide, plus an extra 30% off $125+ with code WHOA. You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLAND’S is offering 20% off your regular-priced purchase with code STYLE. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering free shipping and 50% off pretty picks with code FLASH. You can shop their site here.
- LULULEMON has a number of new items in their sale section, including some new Align and Wunder leggings! You can shop their sale here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is offering an extra 25% off clearance items with code EXTRA25. My favorite oversized striped cheese board is $50+ off in most colors with the additional discount! You can shop their site here.
- MARSHALL’s has a number of deals sitewide. You can shop their site here.
- MICHAELS is offering 20% off all regular priced purchases with code 20MADEBYYOU, plus tons of deals sitewide! You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM has a number of new markdowns sitewide and is now offering 2x points on beauty for Nordy Club members and cardholders! They have a great price on these Mini Miller Sandals, too! You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY is offering 30% off your order, no code required. You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK is hosting their Patio Super Sale with major discounts on items for your patio! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN has a number of items marked up to 50% off in their clearance section and is offering free shipping on orders $99+ with code FREESHIP. I know many of you were waiting for a buy more save more sale, but it looks like they’re carrying this no-sales thing into the second quarter. Apparently they’ve had a surge in demand and so many furniture orders and have such a backlog, they won’t being doing sales for some time. Just wanted to pass that along if you’ve been waiting! You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY is hosting their Outdoor Update sale, with special pricing on all things outdoors! They have also added a number of items to their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off select home items! You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX is has a number of deals sitewide! I love this Pair of Table Lamps! You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH has added a bunch new pieces to their sale section. Loving this quilted version of my favorite ballet flats! You can shop their site here.
- TUCKERNUCK has added some new sale pieces that are all darling per usual! You can shop their site here.
- VANITY PLANET is offering 50% off sitewide with code VPA50. You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is hosting their Clearance Event with up to 75% off tons of items sitewide. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is also hosting their Clearance Event with up to 60% off 100s of items sitewide. You can shop their site here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used