Good morning! I hope you all had a nice weekend! I’m really looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving later this week. Although we had to cancel plans to go to Iowa for a few days to spend with Kurtis’ side of the family, we’re going to make the most of it with our own dinner at home. There’s still so much to be thankful for, despite the chaos of 2020. And I hope you all know how grateful I am for each of YOU that read my blog each day. I hope you all have something to look forward to and enjoy this week, even if it is modified from your initial plans.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
Most of last week was spent prepping for my 2020 Christmas Home Tour. It actually feels great to have most of our Christmas decor wrapped up early so now we can really just enjoy it the next five weeks or so!
We officially now have all of our Christmas lights hooked to Lutron lamp dimmers. We’ve been using them for 3-4 years now and they’re a total gamechanger. They just plug into a regular outlet, and then you plug your tree into the lamp dimmer (it has two ports). We have our trees set on timers but you can also control them with the Pico Smart Remote, with Alexa (or Google Home) or from your phone. The best part is, you can also dim your lights from 1-99% without any special tree or bulbs required. I usually recommend this kit to start with (it includes the hub you need to control things from your phone), then down the road you can just add lamp dimmers and switches individually
CHRISTMAS DINING ROOM SOURCES: Dining Table | Cane Dining Chairs (look for less here) | Striped Rug | Linear Chandelier (look for less here) | Similar White Ceramic Vase | Windowpane Plaid Napkins | Faux Cypress Napkin Rings | Wood Chargers | Faux Christmas Tree | Capiz Star Topper (similar here) | Woven Tree Collar | Abstract Art
Kurtis and I had time to further discuss our plans for our bathroom renovations. I think we’re going to officially move forward with the Jack and Jill bathroom plans. And as much as we’d love to tackle the small bathroom in full, we’re going to have scale it back from my original plans. The biggest expense on the bid there was the shower, so I think we’ll be leaving the shower insert as is, and just swapping out the floors and a vanity. And hopefully still adding a window! I’ll keep you posted once we can chat with the contractor further. I’m guessing the pandemic is going to impact the original timeline, but we’ll just play it by ear since neither project is a rush at this point. Stay tuned!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic. There were a few close ties this week, so in lieu of top 5, I thought I’d share the top 10 sellers! Lots of great gift ideas!
Around Town & For Fun
We tried several new recipes last week to change up the routine a bit. Our favorite by far was also the easiest. Kurtis made these baked apples as a treat one night and we have already made them another time since. I know the picture isn’t super appealing but they are so good! Especially if you have a little whipped cream on hand. All you have to do is cut your apples, sprinkle with a little cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar (optional), and then bake for 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees. Bonus: they make your house smell heavenly too!
Bailey is completely obsessed with water. So much so we’ve even had her tested for diabetes and other issues, because most cats don’t drink this much. Her new thing is to just lay on the floor with her face propped at the base of her fountain so she doesn’t even have to put effort into drinking. It’s pretty funny to watch.
If she’s not at her fountain, she’s at the counter top above her fountain begging for treats. I don’t think anyone would accuse us of starving this one 😉 She’s a character – but she sure is sweet!
Our office is basically an absolute disaster right now. The cats are so happy with the new chairs, that we haven’t officially taken them over yet. And since we’re short a chair, Hawkeye’s blanket still has to be included. But the good news of the week – I finally got a space heater! This room is brutally cold in the winter, thanks to the north and south facing windows and it’s the furthest from the furnace. I really don’t know why I waited so long. I think that’s actually another reason the cats love those chairs so much – it’s front-row seating to the heat! I’m really hoping we can finally take some time in mid to late December to get this room finalized!
Blog-wise, it’s going to be a super busy week this week! Tomorrow I have a few more gift guides coming to you, followed by the usual Wednesday Watch List on Wednesday. I’ll be playing my Black Friday post by ear, but that will either go live late Thursday night or bright and early Friday morning. It will kind of depend upon when all the stores announce their sales! On Saturday my goal is to feature some of my favorite small businesses for Small Business Saturday. I will then also have an updated sale post next Monday for Cyber Monday. I’m not sure how different CM will look this year, given that Black Friday will likely be mostly online as well. But, we shall see! I’m also hoping to pop in at some point with a non-sale-related post or two along the way to break it all up a bit 😉 Lots to look forward to!
Before we jump into the sales from the weekend that are still going on, I wanted to share two new graphics I made. I think with expected shipping issues, so many stores have already started their Black Friday deals to spread the chaos out a bit.
I loved the colors in my weekend sale post so much, I pulled out a few of the fashion items and added a few more in for the graphic below. Last I checked, these items are all still on sale today too!
SOURCES: Green Velvet Blazer | Perfect Vintage Jeans | Circle Drop Earrings | Cozy Fair Isle Tie-Belt Cardigan | Dreamy Cotton Striped Pajamas | Vintage Pajama Set | Textured Leather Tote Bag | Wool City Coat | Crewneck Cashmere Sweater | Liberte Chamonix Tee | Bonjour de Savoie T-Shirt | Feliz Navidad Tee | Cap-Toe Leather Block Heels | Small Quilted Leather Camera Purse | Kate Spade Rose Gold Stud Earrings | Velvet Bow Scrunchie | Pink Plaid Heels | Crystal Slider Bracelet
And Madewell is offering 30-50% off basically everything to their
Insider Members (it’s free to join). Simply log in to your account to see the discounts on each items. Otherwise, it sounds like this may be the sale they offer to everyone for Black Friday. They have so many cute things right now!
MADEWELL SALE SOURCES: Windowpane Plaid Coat | Belted Funnelneck Coat | Layered Necklaces | Puffy Headband | Sunglasses | Pullover Sweater | Perfect Vintage Jeans | Flat Booties | Scarf | Earrings | Sneakers | Crossbody Tote | Woven Tote
If there’s anything specific you’re looking for over Cyber Week, let me know and I’ll do my best to find the best price and include it in my upcoming sale posts later this week!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some of the sales that have carried over from the weekend or new ones that have started today! You can see some of my top picks from the weekend here.
- ABERCROMBIE is offering 40% off sitewide for members, or 25% off to everyone else. You can shop their site here.
- AFLORAL is offering 20% off their entire site with code EARLY20. You can shop their site here.
- AMAZON has a number of deals sitewide including their new holiday deals section which now include early Black Friday deals! These cute Bottle Brush Trees are an additional 8% off when you apply the coupon. Be sure to also check out my Amazon Christmas Decor for some affordable decorating ideas! You can shop the sale here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE is offering 40% off and free shipping on most items sitewide. You can shop their sale here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering 50% off your purchase with code with code BLACKFRIDAY. You can shop their site here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering an additional 30% off sale clothing and more (prices update in cart)! You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up to 40% off new Black Friday deals and up to 20% off everything else. I’m loving all these pretty watercolor-esque wrapping papers! You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC has started their Black Friday sale with 50% off everything, plus an extra 10% off at checkout if you’re a GAP family cardholder with code BRC10. You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering $25 off your order of $125+ with code PRESENTS25. They are the ones that carry a nearly identical oversized wood chain like we have in our living room, but they have a bunch of other really cute decor finds. This charcoal version of the chain and the small natural option are really beautiful too! You can shop their site here.
- BODEN is offering 30% off womenswear with code N7X7. You can shop their sale here.
- BOLL & BRANCH is offering 25% off everything on orders $150! You can shop their site here.
- GAP is also hosting their Black Friday early access sale with 50% off your purchase. Plus get an extra 10% off at checkout with code GAPFRIDAY. You can shop their sale here.
- GIBSON is offering 30% off and free shipping (today only). The shipping drops off tomorrow and then the sale gradually decreases all week so today is the best day to shop! You can shop their site here.
- J CREW is offering 50% off to reward members (free to join) or 40% off for everyone else with code WHYWAIT. All four colors of this green velvet blazer are absolutely stunning and so classic! I also have this tee and this tee and they’re too cute – such a great price right now! And are these not the most cheerful pajamas you’ve ever seen?! You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering 50-70% off everything. You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLAND’S is offering 15% off your entire regular priced purchase when you pickup in store with code PICKUP. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is also offering up to 60% off and hundreds of styles with code THEBEST. You can shop their site here.
- MADEWELL is offering their Black Friday sales now to Insiders (it’s free to sign up here) with up to 50% off best sellers and 30% off the rest of your purchase! Note: you do have to be signed in to see the sale prices. You can shop their sale here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is hosting their Early Black Friday sale, with up to 50% off select styles. Plus get free shipping on orders $100+ with code CHEERS. These commute clutches are so handy and are a total steal right now – and such a great gift idea for him or her! This charging tassel keychain is another good one! You can shop their site here.
- MARSHALL’S is now officially online as a great complement to TJ MAXX! Lots of great deals sitewide! You can shop their site here.
- MCGEE & CO. is offering a rare 20% off sitewide with code SNOWWHATFUN! If you’ve ever considered buying our cane nightstands or cane cabinet You can shop their site here.
- MINTED is offering 20% off recycled paper cards, and 15% off all other cards with code JOYFUL. You can shop their site here.
- MONIKA HIBBS HOME is offering 20% off sitewide on full-priced items with code BLACKFRIDAY20. You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM has started their Cyber Deals, with items marked up to 50% off! I’m actually shocked by the volume of items on sale! How cute are these Le Creuset Mini Round Cocottes?! Perfect to gift alone or with small treat inside! And remember when I mentioned this cashmere sweater that would likely go on sale for Black Friday? Well, they already marked it down! It comes in so many colors and makes an easy gift for practically anyone on your list! I’m guessing it will sell out quickly, as it tends to do each year! And I love that this cable knit pillow is basically two looks in one, since it reverses to another sweater material with buttons. And they have this cute color combo of my Rifle Paper Co. AirPods Pro Case on major sale at 40% off! Such a steal if you’re needing one or for a gift! You can shop their sale items here.
- NORDSTROM RACK is hosting a limited time UGG flash sale among other huge sales! You can shop their site here.
- OLD NAVY is offering 50% off everything! You can shop their sale here.
- ONE KINGS LANE is offering their best sale of the year with 25% off your order plus an extra 10% off purchases over $600 with code OKLCYBER10!! You can shop their site here.
- OVERSTOCK is offering Black Friday early access, with up to 70% off 1000s of items! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is offering up to 25% off bedding, decor and more plus up to 30% off holiday decor! Plus get free shipping on orders $79+ with code MERRY. Our plaid bedding is included in the sale! You can see it in action in my 2020 Christmas Home Tour! You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is offering up to 20% off in stock lighting, furniture, hardware and more. You can shop their sale here.
- RUGS.COM is hosting their fall mark down sale with an additional 60-70% select items. I bought this rug for our kitchen and it looks so good! You can shop their site here.
- SERENA & LILY has started their Black Friday sale with 20% off sitewide with code OURGIFT. They’ve also added some new items to their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- TARGET has started their Black Friday deals, with the best deals currently on electronics and small home appliances. You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX has a number of new items sitewide, and their prices are hard to beat! This 4 Drawer Console Table looks like such a beautiful budget option! And I love this ceramic lamp, despite the fact the photographer allowed the shade to be crooked 😉 You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH is offering 30% off your $250+ purchase starting today with code THANKS. They have also added a lot of new pieces to their sale section – and it’s not just summer items! I’m loving this cute and practical saddlebag and this textured leather tote bag is stunning! You can shop all of their sale items here.
- TUCKERNUCK has also added some new sale pieces that are all darling! You can shop their site here.
- URBAN OUTFITTERS is offering 20% off sitewide to UO Rewards Members. You can shop their site here.
- VICTORIA EMERSON is currently offering BOGO free! They’re bracelets could not be cuter and I feel like there is a style out there for every woman! Such an easy way to get the layered bracelet look! You can shop their sale here.
- WALMART is still offering many of their pre-Black Friday sales, with even more launching on Wednesday! We ended up buying this Shark Robot Vacuum for our upper level after hearing so many things about it. It arrived last night so I can’t wait to get it set up! You can shop their site here.
- WEST ELM is hosting their Early Black Friday sale with items marked up to 50% off, plus an extra 20% off select clearance items with code SCORE. You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is also hosting their Early Black Friday sale with items marked up to 50% off, plus they’re offering an extra 20% off clearance items with code EXTRA. Plus get free shipping on orders of $79+ with code SHIP4FREE. You can shop the sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is also hosting their Early Black Friday sale with items marked up to 50% off. You can shop their site here.
- WORLD MARKET is offering up to 20% off almost everything for members (it’s free to join!), plus an extra 15% off on curbside pick-up orders. You can shop their site here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used