I hope you all had a great weekend! It’s hard to believe it’s August. I feel like I have so many summer things I still want to do, but am also somewhat looking forward to the new season ahead!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
I had a few questions last week about patio sources from my Favorite Summer Basics & Initial Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks post so I thought I’d share them all here. And for those that asked about the pool towel hooks, those were a HomeGoods find about five years ago. All other sources are linked below!
After five years of wanting to complete this project, we finally did over the weekend! Ever since we got the pool, our bathtub area has been our swimsuit dry-out zone. It honestly always looked horrible and messy and they’d sit there all week (or for weeks on end) until I had enough to do a load of bathing suits in the laundry. We have this bare wall that you can’t see from our bedroom and I decided it was the perfect time to get some hooks up. Especially since I randomly came across the hooks we bought about seven years ago for our towels on the other wall!
It honestly took less than 20 minutes and I’m now just kicking myself we waited so long. We don’t ever plan to hang towels here since we have separate hooks for that. So we hung them on the two studs closer to the door so Kurtis’ hamper could still fit under the light switches. So happy we finally knocked this one off the to-do list!
Kurtis told me last week I had a planter that was starting to look like a Disney movie. Turns out I had a rogue Rapunzel style sweet potato vine out in the courtyard. I swear that limb grew in two days. It was crazy!
I’m trying to get my butt in gear on wrapping up our office, as well. I made some good progress with plans yesterday, so I think I’ll share that in a separate blog post this week!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
Around Town & For Fun
On Monday I realized I was only 41 days out from my 40th birthday! I had already decided over the weekend that I needed to kick it in gear before my birthday but knowing just how close I was freaked me out a bit! Kurtis and I stuck with it and did 30 Day Shred all week! This was me after the first workout. It was awful but I survived. Barely 😉
Kurtis had to take my photos for this post shortly after. He said I looked like a whole new person from the one he saw in the basement an hour prior. Haha! I couldn’t argue with that statement. But it felt great to get our workouts in early each morning and it made me feel so much more productive the rest of the day when I was showered and ready by 9 am. We definitely need to stick with it!
We tried to eat healthier all week too. I find it’s so much easier to do so when I’m also working out. We loaded up on veggies with our steak last week. We’ve decided we prefer them much more on skewers that in a pan on the grill. We just brush them lightly with olive oil and then add seasoned salt and throw them on the grill with whatever meat we’re eating. Yum!
We had a fun evening one night last week! One of Kurtis’ co-workers hosted a wine tasting evening after work one night. The wines were shipped to each of our homes and then there was a cheese pairing guide so you could grab some cheese at your own grocery store. We then did the tasting on Zoom and it was so much fun! I hadn’t “seen” most of the people since our trip with them to Nevis in February so it was a really fun night! Most of them are a bunch of goofballs, and were clearly thriving on the video portion. As much as I’m a rule follower and classic first-born/oldest child, I’m also the one that literally can’t stop laughing when I see others misbehaving. I was basically laughing the entire time. But, I thought this was a fun idea you could do with friends or family if you were looking for a fun virtual party idea! You can do it with wine or food or cocktails or really whatever! Just coordinate the shopping list ahead of time and then meet everyone on Zoom at the same time!
It was a weird week here weather-wise. We finally got some more rain in the form of a few torrential downpours! The weekend felt more like fall and we didn’t even get in the pool once all week because it was too cool!
We really needed to make a Costco run over the weekend, but I usually avoid it at all costs. I told Kurtis if he went and handled it all, I’d clean all the bathrooms and vacuum the entire house and he wouldn’t have to help. It was a win-win for both of us. Usually the cats get locked in the basement on vacuuming day, so they were very confused when I left them out. I’m pretty sure they think the vacuum is attacking me 😉 I rarely show this area of our home, but you can get sources and see more photos in my Upstairs Hallway Photo Gallery Wall post.
My reward was a BLT when Kurtis got home. And it was amazing!
With the cooler temps, we spent more time in the courtyard in the evenings this past week. Bailey is such a little daddy’s girl. She managed to con Kurtis into letting him share his chair with her.
She would for sure move out here if we allowed her to.
Henley has a little sore on her lip but still looks cute as ever! It’s so funny watching them sniff the air any time there is any sort of air movement outside.
And here’s Hawkeye. Just living his best life 😉
I’m hoping the summer weather returns this week! Although, the cats would probably argue these fall-like temps work best for them and their social lives 😉
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some sales that have carried over from the weekend, as well a a few new additions. You can see some of my top picks here.
- AMAZON is offering up to 15% off their new home arrivals. There are some cute mirrors, headboards and ottomans included. I’ll also be talking about this rug a lot more (hopefully this week)! You can shop the sale here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE is offering BOGO 50% off AE jeans. These top-rated high-waisted jeggings are also included! I love that they also have short and tall sizes in additional to regular! You can shop their sale here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering 40% off full-priced styles and other markdowns sitewide. You can shop their sale here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up to 50% off all outdoor. Swing chairs are huge this year and this one couldn’t be cuter! You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering 40% off summer favorites plus up to 75% off sale styles. Plus, if you’re a cardholder, save another 20% off your purchase with code BRCSALE. You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering $20 off $100 and free shipping on $50+ with code SANCTUARY20. You can shop their site here.
- FRONTGATE is offering up to 20% off sitewide plus free shipping. You can shop their sale here.
- GAP is offering an additional 40% off sale styles with code SOGOOD and an extra 10% off everything else with code YOURS. This rope cord belt couldn’t be cuter! You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering up to 40% off women’s cashmere (prices as marked). Plus get an extra 50% off sale styles and 70% off final sale styles with code SHOPSALE. You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering an extra 60% off tons of items sitewide with code BIGSALE. I’m loving all three colors of this cute embroidered bib sleeveless top! This drapey cap sleeve top looks like a great basic for both work and nights out! So easy to layer under a blazer or cardigan come fall, too! You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLAND’S is offering 15% off one full-priced item with code SHOP15. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is has dresses, skirts and jumpsuits starting at $30 with code SMILE. You can shop their sale here.
- MADEWELL is offering an additional 30% off sale items with code WHATADEAL. These cute slide sandals end up being 65% off with the additional discount! You can shop their sale here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is hosting their summer warehouse sale with items marked up to 70% off! These charging tassel keychains make such gifts – especially since you can get them monogrammed! You can shop their sale here.
- NORDSTROM is hosting a clearance sale with savings up to 60% off! Plus they have 40% off a lot of their house brands like Halogen and 1901! I’m loving this drape collar knit blazer and striped hoodie for fall! You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY is offering 50% off your purchase for cardholders with code FORYOU. If you’re not a cardholder, you’ll get 30% off at checkout on your purchase – no code required. How cute are these mid-rise eyelet shorts? You can shop their sale here.
- ONE KINGS LANE is hosting a buy more save more sale, with 15% off orders over $300 (code: OKL15YES), 20% off $600+ (OKL20YES) and 25% off $900+ (OKL25YES). You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK is offering 1000s of items up to 70% off sitewide for their annual Clearance Event. They also have an extra 10% off select dining room furniture, 15% off select living room furniture, much more. You can shop their sale here.
- PERSIFOR is offering 50% off sitewide, plus up to 70% off last season’s styles. You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is hosting a bedding event with up to 20% off as well as other deals sitewide. Our abstract dining room art (one of my favorite pieces ever) is also on sale! I also think this faux greenery could be really beautiful for fall and it’s a great price right now! You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is offering 20% off select lighting, furniture, decor and rugs. You can shop their sale here.
- ROSETTA STONE is offering $100 off their unlimited language lifetime plan, making it only $199! I bought it because we’ve worked on Spanish in the past, but I bought the unlimited to learn Italian during the quarantine. They also have a sale on their monthly plans. You can shop the sale here.
- SERENA & LILY is hosting an upholstery event with 20% off custom upholstery with code MADEFORYOU. Their Tent Sale is also still going strong! You can shop their site here.
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off home items. This block print pillow looks like it has a lot of potential – especially since it has a zipper if you want to use your own insert! You can shop their sale here.
- TORY BURCH is has added some new items to their sale section. You can shop all of their sale items here.
- TUCKERNUCK has also added some new sale pieces that are all darling! I’ve been obsessing over this top for some time now! This dress also looks darling! You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is hosting a summer clearance sale with up to 75% off, plus get an extra 25% off with code EXTRA. You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is also hosting a summer clearance sale with up to 75% off, plus get an extra 25% off with code EXTRA. You can shop their sale here.
- WORLD MARKET is hosting a clearance sale, with items marked up to 50% off storewide! You can shop their sale here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used