I hope you all had a great weekend! It rained most of the day here yesterday, but neither of us really cared. It gave us a chance to read and help make up for 7.5″ rain deficit this year! We both said multiple times that it felt like a winter weekend because it was so dark and dreary (even though it was definitely not winter temps outside).
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
I’ve been working on my next interior design looks for less post and I decided to order a few things to see what they were like in person. I’ve always thought these paint-dipped teak ladders were cute from Serena & Lily. They’re great for displaying and storing throws, extra bedding for guests, bath towels, etc. So, I was really excited to find this look for less option! The price of the white has spiked since I bought it (and shared on Instagram), but it’s still so much more affordable. It’s a bit smaller than the S&L versions and a little more rustic, but it’s actually perfect for what I was looking for! It also comes in a mint green and black dipped option!
I also ordered several other items I need to open and go through. Lots of fun post ideas coming up, but I’m wanting to inspect the quality on everything first before sharing!
In garden news, my Limelight hydrangeas are starting to explode around the yard! Queue my giant smile every time I go outside.
I keep saying “this week” with be the week that I get caught up on projects around the house. And it keeps not being true. So I’m not even going to jinx it this week!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
Around Town & For Fun
The biggest news of the week? Kurtis and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary! And although we didn’t spend it how we initially had planned, we had a really fun night together. Prior to dinner I said we needed to get a quick photo. We’re basically the world’s worst selfie takers, but I made us pose in front of our wedding photo in our upstairs gallery wall. Here’s the link to my top I wore. I’m also wearing this gloss (in All Things Magical) from my Summer Beauty Favorites post.
We went to Dante for dinner and had the patio to ourselves for most of the night. We pretended we were in Italy with their yummy drinks and food. The waiter surprised us at the end of our meal and said my parents had called ahead and already paid our bill. Such a fun surprise – and now we’ve decided we just need to go back there again soon!
Kurtis and I bought this port wine on a trip to Sonoma/Napa for his 30th birthday. The bottle has lived in all three of our homes and we were saving it for a special occasion. Unfortunately, over the past 12 years since we got it, we’d always forget about it. This year, we firmly decided we were drinking it – especially since it was from the year we were married! The cork had completely dried out and essentially exploded, but we strained it, and still drank it. Surprisingly it was still really good!
The past 15 years have flown by but I’m so happy Kurtis is the one I have been able to spend them with!
If you missed it, I shared all the details on our outdoor courtyard refresh on Friday. It truly has become one of our favorite new spots! We sat out here for a few hours on Monday night and the cats couldn’t have been happier!
Kurtis made this little blanket bed for the cats last week in our office and Hawkeye thinks it’s the best spot in the house. Probably mostly because he’s my little shadow and is in the same room with me almost at all times 😉
We finally got out to the pool Saturday afternoon. The heat index was in triple digits again, but now that my Little Lime hydrangeas are blooming, the view from my lounge chair was pretty great!
I mentioned last weekend wanting to try this spicy cucumber salsa. I made it last week and it was so good! When I read the recipe to Kurtis he was pretty sure he wouldn’t like it. But he loved it too. In fact, we both loved it so much we already bought more ingredients again to make it this week! The only alterations I made to the recipe was to use only one jalapeño and then I added some garlic salt.
Speaking of food, we had a quintessential summer dinner on Saturday night at the BFF’s house. Garden fresh sweet corn and BLTs. It was all so good!
Little Z got her first ear of corn, and it’s safe to say she loved it. Every time she took a bit, she’d look around the table at all of us and smile and do a little half giggle. It was pretty adorable!
I had about an hour’s worth of drive time last week to visit a project and downloaded the surprise new Taylor Swift album for the drive. It’s very song-writer-y folksy filled with slower music and I really love it! I’ve been streaming it on my AirPods since and a lot of it memorized already. Oops! But, if Taylor can write an entire album in quarantine, I can probably find a way to work out or eat healthy for a month and find a way to study Italian an hour or two a week 😉
I realized I’m only about six weeks out from my 40th birthday! And I’m totally blaming bored eating during quarantine (not my lack of willpower) on my weight gain 😉 I asked Kurtis this week if he’d do this workout with me again for the next month or so. We’ve had great luck with it in the past and I figured the timing was perfect to at least see a little progress before my birthday! We’ll see how it goes -we’re starting this morning. I just really love food and not working out way too much!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some sales that have carried over from the weekend, as well a a few new additions. You can see some of my top picks here.
- ABERCROMBIE is offering 30% off your entire purchase and free shipping on orders of $75+. Prices as marked. You can shop their sale here.
- AMAZON is offering up to 15% off their new home arrivals. There are some cute mirrors, headboards and ottomans included. I also ordered this cute enamel box for my next designer look for less post and it’s more than half off today! You can shop the sale here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE is offering BOGO 50% off AE jeans. These top-rated high-waisted jeggings are also included! I love that they also have short and tall sizes in additional to regular! You can shop their sale here.
- ANN TAYLOR is hosting their end of season sale, with an extra 60% off sale styles and other deals sitewide. You can shop their sale here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering an extra 25% off sale clothing, shoes & accessories – prices update at checkout. They also have 25% off select bedding, decor and more. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up to 25% off indoor furniture, outdoor furniture, and fabric You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering up to 75% off everything plus an extra 10% of at checkout – no code required. You can shop their sale here.
- BROOKE & LOU is hosting a summer clearance event with these items marked up to 50% off! You can shop their sale here.
- EBAY has some really great prices on certified Dysons if you weren’t aware! We currently have the V8 Animal and are obsessed with it. The Dyson store ships directly from eBay orders, and are certified refurbished and come with a six month warranty in most cases, so this will definitely be the route we go when we get another! And the prices are up to 50% off! You can shop their other sales here.
- FRONTGATE is offering up to 30% off sitewide. You can shop their sale here.
- GAP is offering up to 50% off (prices as marked) plus an extra 50% off sale styles with code MORE and an extra 10% off your purchase at checkout with code YOURS. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering 40% off your purchase and an extra 70% off final sale styles with code SHOPNOW. My favorites shorts of the summer (or maybe ever) are now available on sale in these cute stripe option. Consider them ordered! You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering 70% off tons of styles for the full family. Plus, get an extra 60% off clearance items with code BIGSALE. I’m loving all three colors of this cute embroidered bib sleeveless top! You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLAND’S is offering 20% off one regular-priced item with code DEAL. I’m very intrigued by this linen swivel armchair! You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering an extra 80% off select sale styles with code WOW. You can shop their sale here.
- MADEWELL is offering 50% off swim and sandals an additional 30% off sale items with code WHATADEAL. You can shop their sale here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is hosting their summer warehouse sale with items marked up to 70% off! These charging tassel keychains make such gifts – especially since you can get them monogrammed! You can shop their sale here.
- NORDSTROM is hosting a clearance sale with savings up to 60% off! Plus if you’re a Nordy Club member (it’s free to join!) they’re offering bonus notes to use during the Anniversary Sale. This T3 Hair Dryer is now $50 off! You can shop their sale items here.
- NORDSTROM RACK is offering an additional 25% off bedding, towels, and more! You can shop their sale here.
- OLD NAVY is offering up to 50% off jeans and tees, plus get 25% of your purchase at checkout – no code required. You can shop their sale here.
- ONE KINGS LANE is offering up to 50% off outdoor items. You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK is offering 1000s of items up to 70% off sitewide for their annual Clearance Event. They also have an extra 10% off select garden & patio items, 15% off select living room furniture, and an additional 20% off select rugs, and much more. You can shop their sale here.
- PERSIFOR is offering 50% off sitewide, plus up to 70% off last season’s styles. You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is hosting a bedding event with up to 20% off. They’re also offering up to 20% off armchairs, rugs, curtains and more and up to 50% off outdoor. Our abstract dining room art (one of my favorite pieces ever) is also on sale! You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is offering 20% off in-stock items and upholstered furniture. You can shop their sale here.
- ROSETTA STONE is offering $100 off their unlimited language lifetime plan, making it only $199! I bought it because we’ve worked on Spanish in the past, but I bought the unlimited to learn Italian during the quarantine. They also have a sale on their monthly plans. You can shop the sale here.
- RUGS USA is hosting a flash sale with items marked up to 70% off. You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY is hosting an upholstery event with 20% off custom upholstery with code MADEFORYOU. Plus get free shipping with the purchase of three or more! Their Tent Sale is also still going strong! You can shop their site here.
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off home items. This block print pillow looks like it has a lot of potential – especially since it has a zipper if you want to use your own insert! You can shop their sale here.
- TORY BURCH is has added some new items to their sale section. You can shop all of their sale items here.
- TUCKERNUCK has also added some new sale pieces that are all darling! I’ve been obsessing over this top for some time now! This dress also looks darling! You can shop their site here.
- WEST ELM is offering up to 40% off love-forever styles. Prices as marked. You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is hosting a summer clearance sale with up to 75% off, plus get an extra 25% off clearance pillows, bedding, bath, and rugs with code SAVEMORE. You can shop their sale here.
- WORLD MARKET is hosting a clearance sale, with items marked up to 50% off storewide! You can shop their sale here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used