Happy Tuesday! I hope you all had a happy and safe holiday weekend! There’s always something great about starting the work week on a Tuesday!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
I spent a lot of time last week wrapping up my planters. I mentioned in my post on fire pit tables & courtyard update that I finished the ones in our courtyard. I haven’t been able to find my favorite yucca plants anywhere this year, so I took advantage of a major sale at Lowe’s on hibiscus topiaries!
I made another trip to Lowe’s late last week and grabbed two more hibiscus topiaries. And although I didn’t think it would be the case, this peach one may be my favorite yet!
Here’s a screenshot from my Instagram Stories of exactly what I used in this planter. This spot gets zero sun (it faces north and our house blocks it).
I also wrapped up my planters out front. They’re tiny now but after a few weeks with my favorite fertilizer and some water, they’ll be massive! I also had to buy a tree last week for that spot behind the last planter. That’s where our giant maple died and we’re required by the HOA to replace it. The new one is going to look so small in comparison, but maybe that’s best so the garbage trucks don’t keep hitting it!
Although I ran out of potting mix, I am so close to finishing the backyard planters too!
And early in the week, I added some plants to the area where Kurtis had torn out more sod for me last weekend. Slowly but surely, this area is becoming less and less of an eyesore! Actually, since I took this photo, all of the dianthus started blooming and it’s so colorful and beautiful now!
Since the weather was rainy and cooler on Monday, Kurtis and I each tackled projects we had been avoiding for some time. For him it was the garage and for me it was one of our guest room closets. If you follow me on on Instagram, you may have seen on Stories that this project then turned into the guest room closet, linen closet and den cabinet. The before photo below was actually about half way through but I had bedding stacked so high the photo didn’t make much sense before.
It always has to get worse before it gets better, right?!? I first took everything out of the guest room closet. It was insane how much I had shoved in there! Proof that our house is rarely ever as clean as it looks in styled photos!!
We only have one linen closet in our house and it’s the only place to store regular towels, pool towels, extra bedding, toilet paper, etc. And it looked ridiculous. I’m not sure we could have shoved any more in there if we tried. I decided that rather than moving some of those items into the guest room closet (where they aren’t as accessible if a guest is here) I’d move some of those to the cabinet in the den and then move all the fabric back into the Expedit but in the guest closet rather than where it used to be in the den. Here’s how the linen closet turned out. Not perfect, but so much better!
And here’s the before & after of the den cabinet. Since I just organized the first photo last week, it was more a matter of changing the contents.
It feels so good to have this done!
Kurtis completely changed the layout of our storage in our garage and the change is huge! Sadly I didn’t get a before picture, and the after is more of a “process” pic. Let’s just say we have a lot of recycling and garbage waiting to go out tomorrow! So happy he wrapped this up though before summer! We have so much more space now. And while it will never be “pretty”, things are much more organized and it’s all much less of an eyesore!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
Around Town & For Fun
If you’re worried that all we did all week was work, rest assured, we also got in some down time 😉 The weather on Saturday afternoon was absolutely gorgeous! I ordered this pool lounger from my summer pool floats post and it couldn’t be more relaxing! Kurtis was annoyed by how large it was until he tried using it and now loves it too!
Our BFFs came over for awhile too. Little Z ended up loving this splash pad we bought for her. It took her a bit to warm up to it, but she ended up having so much fun with it! And since it doesn’t have a pool basin, it’s super easy to set up and put away!
She is definitely becoming a crazy cat lady and we love it. She is obsessed with the cats – and particularly Bailey who is so patient with her.
That also reminds me. We had to replace the rug on our back patio (it was five our six years old). We loved it so much we actually bought the exact same one! It held up incredibly well after being outside 365 days a year for that many years and we love how it hides pretty much everything!
That evening, we grilled out with brats, salads, and way too many appetizers to count but it was fun to enjoy one beautiful day outside over the weekend!
I shared this old image last night on Instagram in honor of those we’ve lost and why we celebrate Memorial Day. We got the flag from Kurtis’ grandma after she passed away. It’s so old that it only has 48 stars, and we love it so much. I can’t wait to find a home for it this year. That also reminds me that we need to get a flag pole bracket for our house!
Kurtis and I both weighed ourselves this week and we’ve decided that the self-isolation diet (or lack thereof) has to end and we have to cut out the snacks. It’s been so horrible. Time to lock it down and shed some of the extra pounds we’ve added these past few months! So, that’s what I have to look forward to this week 😉
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some sales that have carried over from the long holiday weekend. You can see some of my top picks here.
- ABERCROMBIE is offering 40-60% off nearly everything. Plus, online only, get an extra 15% off at checkout on select styles. You can shop their sale here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE is offering 25-60% off everything! Prices as marked. You can shop their sale here.
- AMETHYST HOME, one of my favorite local stores (that also ships nationally), is offering 15% off all gift cards as a thank you for supporting them during their closure. You can shop their site here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering 60% off full-priced styles and an extra 70% off all sale styles with code WARMER. You can shop their sale here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up to 25% off everything sitewide for their Memorial Day Event. Prices as marked – no code required. This porch swing (comes in two finish options) is so dreamy! You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering up to 75% off everything, including new arrivals. Plus cardholders get an extra 15% off with code BRCARD. You can shop their sale here.
- CRATE & BARREL is offering up to 40% off sitewide (indoor furniture and select items excluded). You can shop their sale here.
- EBAY has some really great prices on certified Dysons if you weren’t aware! We currently have the V8 Animal and are obsessed with it – it will even get Kurtis to vacuum occasionally 😉 The Dyson store ships directly from eBay orders, and are certified refurbished and come with a six month warranty in most cases, so this will definitely be the route we go when we get another! And the prices are up to 70% off! You can shop their other sales here.
- FRONTGATE is offering up to 50% off sitewide, plus an extra 25% off final sale and clearance items. You can shop their sale here.
- GAP is offering 50% off everything plus an extra 10% off at checkout with codes WARM and SUNNY. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering an extra 60% off all sale styles with code HISUMMER. You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering an additional 70% off clearance items with code TOOGOOD. You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLAND’S is offering 20% off regular priced items with code ENTIRE20. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering an extra 60% off 3 styles, and an extra 70% off 4+ styles with code SUMMER. You can shop their sale here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is offering an additional 30% off all sale styles. Plus get 20% off your order with code SUMMER. I have this windowpane blanket scarf (in ivory/navy) and it’s one of my favorites of all-time. It’s marked 50% off plus you get the extra 30% off! These striped dessert plates look just as cute for Memorial Day Weekend and the Fourth of July as they would at Christmas time! You can shop their sale here.
- NORDSTROM is hosting a clearance sale with items marked up to 60% off! You can see the women’s items and home items that have been added. You can shop their sale items here.
- ONE KINGS LANE is offering 20% off sitewide (exceptions apply). Prices as marked – no code required. Plus get an extra 10% off at checkout with code OKLSTYLISH10. The price on this canopy bed is so hard to beat right now – it’s gorgeous! You can shop their sales here.
- OVERSTOCK is hosting a Memorial Day blowout with 1000s of items marked up to 70% off! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is hosting a buy more/save more sale with 10-25% off your purchase and free shipping with code SAVEMORE. If you’re considering some of their furniture, like our sofas and sectional, be sure to read my sofa review and sectional review! You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is offering 25% off all lighting and 20% off everything else. You can shop their sale here.
- ROSETTA STONE is offering $100 off their unlimited language lifetime plan, making it only $199! I bought it because we’ve worked on Spanish in the past, but I bought the unlimited to learn Italian during the quarantine. They also have a sale on their monthly plans. You can shop the sale here.
- RUGS USA is offering up to 70% off for their Memorial Day Sale. You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY is offering 20% off sitewide with code LIVEWELL. Plus, they have tons of items in their sale section. It includes popular items like our striped rug, kitchen pendant lights, barstools, and our raffia coffee table. If you’ve had your eye on something, word on the street is their sitewide sale they’ve had the past two months ends this weekend! You can shop their site here.
- TALBOTS is offering 50% off their entire site! You can shop their sale here.
- TARGET is offering up to 20% off patio items. You can shop their sale here.
- TUCKERNUCK has also added some new sale pieces that are all darling! I have this dress in navy and seriously considering the black at this price! This floral version couldn’t be cuter! And are you kidding me with these loafers?! You can shop their site here.
- VICTORIA EMERSON is offering buy one get one free! It’s a great time to stock up for gifts. No code required – just add to bracelets to your cart! You can shop the sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is offering 25% off your order (no minimum!!) and 20% off outdoor with code HOME. My wicker chain is so cute in person and is included in the sale! You can shop their sale here.
- WISTERIA is hosting their Memorial Day Sale with 30% off sitewide! You can shop their sale here.
- WORLD MARKET is hosting a clearance sale, with items marked up to 40% off storewide! Plus get an extra 10% off every curbside pick up order. I’m absolutely loving these outdoor chairs! You can shop their sale here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used