Good morning! I hope you all had a great weekend! Here’s a bit of what we’ve been up to around here over the past week or so.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Home Projects & Updates
The biggest home-related news of the week? After three months (almost to the day) of living in this house, we FINALLY got our built-in refrigerator. The panels and hardware likely won’t be installed for another month or so, but it already looks so much better. Previously we had our neighbor’s old, dented, too-small garage fridge in here so this is a major upgrade! The panels will essentially match the cabinet doors and drawers but will then have the matching appliance hardware installed.
It’s a bit of a long story but they ordered the newest Monogram built-in panel-ready fridge and it continued to be delayed. Every month (since probably July) they’ve told us it would be next month. Well, before we left for Omaha, their sales rep told them it was now going to be February and he wasn’t even that confident on that date. So, long story kind of short, they offered us last year’s model which could come right away. I told them as long as it was new and not damaged, I didn’t really care what year it was. It’s a fridge. Ha! Even though it’s counter depth, we already have so much more space and our kitchen already feels so much brighter even at night. We didn’t realize just how dark the stainless steel (and dark two foot hole in the opening at the top) were making our kitchen feel! It’s a bit tricky to get into without handles, but we’re just so happy it’s here!
This week we also had our very first magnolia bloom on one of our trees! They’re so beautiful – I just wish they’d stay around a little longer!
We had a week of a lot of rain and very dark skies so I had to rain-delay some of my photos. But my Christmas home tour will officially be live tomorrow and I can’t wait to share more images of our home along with a few never-before-seen spaces!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers from last week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
In Case You Missed It
Following are the posts I shared over the past week, in case you missed some days!
Around Town & For Fun
Tuesday night we had a girls dinner at Amigos. Five of us went out because our husbands all had a date at Waffle House and then to see Napoleon so we made a night of it too! I always love seeing the Christmas tree setup outside of Amigos at 30Avenue.
We spent much of the week preparing for our first annual gingerbread house competition. It legit rained so much Friday and Saturday. Even with our back covered porch everything was so damp from the humidity that we had to move one of the tables inside. We had 18 people at the party so it was definitely a bit tight, but it ended up being so much fun! I definitely underestimated the scope of work involved to coordinate a regular party but to also have all the gingerbread items prepared. My entertaining skills are a bit rusty after two years off!
We had to move our living room chairs into Kurtis’ office, push the sofas to the fireplace and then set up two six-foot tables in the walkway leading outside.
SOURCES: Dining Chairs (these keep going in and out of stock, but you can find the larger version here) | Cordless Table Lamps | Prelit Trees | Table Coverings (which clearly needed to still be straigtened after this photo!) | Sofa | Coffee Table | Indoor/Outdoor Striped Rug | Mini Wreath: Old from Target | Blue Velvet Ribbon | Cableknit Throw Pillow Cover | Striped Pillow Cover | Lamps | Ceramic Houses
These cordless table lamps continue to come in handy time and time again! We had the white ones over on the food table.
We then had all the candy and food on tables in our dining room. We ended up having candy leftover, but thankfully one of my friends is hosting a gingerbread house party for her daughter’s birthday next week. I was happy to pack it all up and send it her way!
We’re missing one in this picture, but here’s the ladies during the building process.
And here’s a shot of the whole group! We had two categories for the contest, and then randomly drew teams (pairs of two). Funny enough, the two teams that won were the only all-men teams. They were pretty proud of that. I’ll share more of the party soon because I had a lot of questions on Instagram about the logistics of hosting something similar. I can also share all of the houses then too. It was such a fun night and I think everyone else really enjoyed it too!
LIVING ROOM SOURCES: Sofa (read my full review here) | Chairs | Coffee Table | Indoor/Outdoor Striped Rug | Rattan Box Set | Christmas Tree | Blue Velvet Ribbon | Light Blue Orb Ornaments | Orange Orb Ornaments | Faux Orange Stems | Cableknit Throw Pillow Cover | Striped Pillow Cover | Velvet Pillow Cover | Lamp | Ceramic Houses | Woven Roman Shades | Frame TV
I dug these two books out again this week. They’re great to gift during the holidays and also have some fun cocktail ideas included. I currently have them displayed in our kitchen on our cookbook stand because the covers are just so pretty and festive!
With all the rain we’ve been getting, the wildlife has been super active! I saw these two deer outside mid-last week. The grass is so green right now and the vibrancy almost looks fake! During the pouring rain on Saturday, we also saw an otter out playing in the water. They are hilarious to watch and always just seem so dang happy!
Speaking of wildlife 😉 The girls are just living their best fireplace life. Bailey will literally just sit over here when it’s not on and stare at the insert just hoping she can will it into igniting.
Hawkeye was also thriving with the furniture moved. More ways to try and get in trouble – and search for new ways to get in trouble 😉
Kurtis is traveling most of the week for work this week, but my blogging bestie, Kris from Driven by Decor is coming into town! She has a 50th birthday week for a friend, so she’s coming early to stay with me for a few days. Our other bestie Kelley was here earlier this year, but I haven’t seen Kris since her 50th two years ago! It will be a really fun week! And don’t forget to check back tomorrow to see our full Christmas home tour!
Lastly, a bit of housekeeping. I added a new feature on my site that allows for better search functions. When you click the search bar anywhere it will open a screen for the search, but also show you recent posts you’ve visited and offer recommendations. You can just click out of it if you decide not to search. There’s a sign-in button, but that’s purely only if you want to save articles to come back to later, but certainly not required just to use the search function. I just wanted to mention it so it didn’t confuse anyone! If anyone finds it annoying just let me know – but I think the search functionality is much more accurate than the previous one, so it’s easier to find what you’re looking for! It just takes a second to get used to. But I’m totally open to feedback on it!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some sales from the weekend that have carried over and are still going strong!
- AMAZON has a number of deals today! Our favorite affordable sheet sets are an extra 37% off today plus there’s an extra 10% off coupon you can clip, making them a pretty incredible price! Our favorite cordless rechargeable table lamps are 30% off as a Cyber Monday deal. The Swiss Cross Throw Pillow we’ve used in the past for fall and winter is back in stock and on sale in several of the four colors! You can shop their site here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering 50% off most items during their surprise sale with code SURPRISE50. You can shop their site here.
- ANNIE SELKE is offering 30% off holiday decor and select gifts with code GIFTSALE. You can shop their site here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE has added a number of new items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up to 40% off sitewide! You can shop their sale here.
- GAP is offering an extra 30% off your purchase with code GREAT. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering up to 50% off holiday favorites plus 30% off almost everything else. You can shop their site here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering 60% off everything plus take an extra 15% off orders of $100+ with code TAKE2. You can also take an extra 70% off clearance styles with code JINGLE. You can shop their sale here.
- LINDSAY LETTERS is offering 20% off sitewide! I finally ordered this “Deck the Halls” and “Fa La La” art for my office in the blue color, and am freaking out over how cute they look! You can shop her site here.
- LOFT is offering 50% off your purchase with code YAY during their mystery sale. You can shop their sale here.
- LULULEMON has a number of new items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- MADEWELL is hosting their gifting sale, with items starting at $20. You can shop their site here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is offering up to 40% off select items and an extra 20% off clearance items with code EXTRA20! You can shop their site here.
- MARSHALLS has a number of deals sitewide plus free shipping on orders of $89+ with code SHIP89. You can shop their site here.
- MCGEE & CO. is offering free shipping sitewide. You can shop their site here.
- MICHAELS is offering 20% off all regular priced items with code DAILY23US. You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM has a Limited-Time Sale section that’s worth checking out! You can shop their site here.
- OLD NAVY is offering 30% off your order, including clearance, with code HURRY. You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is offering up to 50% off during their Holiday Sale as well as free shipping on 1000s of items! Our favorite (and the cats’ favorite) cozy pom throw is finally on sale! They also have my favorite velvet pillow covers $10 off! You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is offering up to 40% off lighting, rugs, decor and more as well as free shipping. You can shop their site here.
- RUGS USA is offering up to 75% off sitewide, plus an extra 20% off everything with code CYBER. You can shop their site here.
- SERENA & LILY has up to 40% off favorites of the season. They have also added some additional items in the sale section. You can shop their sale here.
- TARGET has a number of home deals, including 30% off Hearth & Hand decor (with Circle), up to 30% off floorcare, up to 30% off furniture, plus tons more! You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX has a number of deals sitewide and is offering free shipping on orders $89+ with code SHIP89! You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH has added additional items to their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- TUCKERNUCK has a number of new items added to their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- WALMART has up to 65% off on their flash deals. You can shop all of their sales here.
- WAYFAIR is offering up to 70% off sitewide for their Cyber Week sale – plus it all ships free. You can shop their site here.
- WEST ELM is offering up to 70% off and free shipping on 1000s of items. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is offering up to 75% off clearance items. You can shop their site here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the below channels: