Good morning! I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving! Here’s a bit of what we’ve been up to around here.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Home Projects & Updates
Not much to report around the house or at the new build, since we were away most of the week for the holiday.
There was lots of good framing progress when we swung by Sunday! This room was intended to be the primary bedroom, but it’s right off the entryway on the main floor. We’ve decided it’s better suited as my office and then we’ll use an upstairs bedroom to sleep in. I love all the windows and the view of the green space across the street! Kurtis will then likely take the main floor office we created by enclosing one of the side screened-in porch areas so he’s pretty excited about that. With me having the larger space, we’ll likely do two desks again like our last house, and he can join me in the mornings before work. We’ve been missing that, being in two different spaces due to size constraints in our current home!
Once they get the second floor added (I’m guessing this week or next?) I’ll plan to do a bigger update post with everything including more of the layout. It’s still pretty surreal we’ll be moving again in just under a year!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the past week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
In Case You Missed It
Following are the posts I shared over the past week, in case you missed some days!
- Weekend Recap
- World’s Best Crockpot Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Wednesday Watch List
- The Best 2022 Black Friday Sales
- The Best 2022 Cyber Monday Sales
Following are the most read blog posts of last week (excluding any of the new posts already mentioned above). Many times this includes old posts that are popular on Google or Pinterest.
- The Best Green Paint Colors
- The World’s Best Mashed Potatoes
- The Best Blue Gray Paint Colors
- Pottery Barn York Sofa Review
- Christmas Tree Collar Ideas
Around Town & For Fun
Monday night, Kurtis and I headed to a local favorite happy hour at Cuvee 30A. It’s on the fancier side if you sit in the dining area, but the bar area is usually full of locals this time of year and a much more casual vibe. They have excellent food and happy hour deals (on both food and drinks) so we’ve already been there a few times! I hate posing, but wanted to show this cute sweatshirt I got recently. I love that it gives the look of layers with the plaid cuffs and tail, but without the bulk! I’m in my regular size large. I’m also wearing these under $18 jeans that I’ve had a few months and seem to reach for most days! They fit true to size with a relaxed fit, but I’d order down if you’re between sizes.
Tuesday we flew to Jackson Hole, WY to spend the Thanksgiving weekend in Driggs, ID with my side of the family. We arrived that night and had dinner in Jackson before heading through the pass to the Idaho side. It’s such a beautiful area of the country and we can see why they love living their so much!
I love my brother and sister-in-law’s cozy living room. She was going for an Amber Interiors vibe and I think she totally nailed it! The sofa (same fabric) and leather chairs (in a different color option) are the same ones we have in our living room. It’s fun to see how versatile the pieces are, going from coastal, to refined rustic!
We had Thanksgiving dinner at the home of their friends, and it was such a great evening! The sunset was beautiful and the stars came out in full force later that night.
We were greeted at home by a moose that was eating their landscaping, and then decided to fall asleep by their front porch!
He spent the night, but left early in the morning. So beautiful and majestic!
The house was full of dogs! My brother and sister-in-law have a lab, they were babysitting another lab for the week, and my parents brought their puggle! They are all such sweet dogs and it’s funny to see just how different (and at times alike) they are from cats! This is Charlie waiting not-so-patiently for my mom to get dressed for their walk.
On Friday we went up to Grand Targhee ski resort for lunch. It was such a beautiful drive and fun to get up in the mountains! I grew up skiing in Utah so it brought back a lot of fun memories. But it definitely didn’t make me miss the snow all that much 😉 I wore this Walmart coat for the whole trip and loved it!
After Targhee, we headed down the mountain to play golf at a simulator. It was my first time trying it, and it was really fun! We actually “played” the golf course a few miles from where I grew up in Bountiful, UT!
That evening we celebrated my sister-in-law’s and my mom’s birthdays with a fun little dinner! It was a wonderful trip and we’re looking forward to going back! Maybe just in the summer next time 😉 But it did feel much more like the holidays with snow on the ground! It was also really nice to disconnect for a few days and not get too caught up in all the Cyber week craziness!
We flew home bright and early on Saturday morning and got home Saturday night. After dinner we watched “The Noel Diary” on Netflix. Henley was very into it 😉 The cats all did well with their new sitter who took such great care of them!
We hopped on our bikes first thing Sunday morning to head to breakfast at Raw & Juicy again. I just love this little spot in Alys Beach so much!
We also went down to the beach. It was a windy day and the water was pretty rough, but it was still so beautiful!
Our besties and goddaughters are flying in tomorrow from Omaha to spend almost a week with us! We’re really looking forward to it! Since the girls are only 2 and 4, it will also give us some good ideas and activities for those that visit the area with small children! We’re looking forward to their time with us, followed by some of Kurtis’ side of the family coming down, as well!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some sales from the weekend that have carried over and are still going strong! Some are also adding a donation component to your purchase for Giving Tuesday! You can see my top Cyber Monday picks here.
- AMAZON has a number of daily deals happening now! Our favorite hardwood floors and rug cleaner now comes in a cordless version that is $180 off today! You can shop their site here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering $50 off your $150+ purchase or $100 off your $250+ purchase with code FESTIVE. You can shop their site here.
- ANNIE SELKE is hosting their biggest sale of the year, with 25% off in-stock items with code BIGDEAL25. They make my favorite Dash & Albert rugs! You can shop their site here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is donating 100% off candle proceeds for Giving Tuesday! You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering 20-40% off sitewide plus up to 80% off clearance items! You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering 40% off your full-priced purchase. You can shop their site here.
- BOLL & BRANCH is offering 25% off sitewide with code CYBER25. You can shop their site here.
- CIRCA LIGHTING is offering 20% off sitewide through 11/29. It’s the best place to find designer lighting on sale! You can shop their site here.
- COLLEEN ROTHSCHILD is offering tons of Cyber deals and 30% off everything else with code CM22. The more products I try of theirs, the more I’m obsessed. I’m loading up on the sheer renewal cream (even Kurtis loves using this so we use it the most quickly). You can shop their site here.
- DUDLEY STEPHENS is offering 40% off sitewide with code DSDELIGHT! It’s a great time to try their super cozy fleece tops! You can shop their site here.
- GAP is offering 50% off your purchase and an extra 10% off at checkout. No code required. You can shop their sale here.
- H&M is offering 20% back on $50+ e-gift cards! You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering Cyber deals up to 60% off. Prices as marked. You can get 50% off plus an extra 10% off most other full-priced items with code CYBER. You can shop their site here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering 60% off sitewide – no exclusions. I’m in love with this Tartan Puff-Sleeve Top. You can shop their sale here.
- JOSS & MAIN is offering up to 40% off tons of items sitewide. You can shop their site here.
- KOHL’S has some Cyber Monday deals that have carried over. Plus take an extra 20% off your purchase with code SHOP20. You can shop their site here.
- LINDSAY LETTERS is offering 20% off all art and 15% off everything else! BUT, if you use code virginia20 you can get 20% off everything 🙂 You can shop their site here.
- LOFT is offering 50% off your purchase with code OMG. You can shop their sale here.
- LULU & GEORGIA is offering 25% off your purchase (including sale items). Discount applies at checkout. You can shop their site here.
- LULULEMON has added a bunch of popular items to their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- MADEWELL is offering 60% off Cyber Monday steals and 50% off everything else with code CLICK. You can shop their site here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is offering up to 70% off their Cyber Monday sales as well as an extra 30% off clearance items with code MERRY. You can shop their site here.
- MARSHALLS has a number of deals sitewide plus free shipping on orders of 89+ with code SHIP89. You can shop their site here.
- MASTERCLASS is offering two memberships for the price of one. You can shop their site here.
- MCGEE & CO. is hosting their biggest sitewide sale EVER with up to 40% off sitewide. Prices as marked. You can shop their site here.
- MICHAELS is offering 40% off regular priced purchases with code 40ENTIRE1128. You can shop their site here.
- MINTED is offering 25% off everything and free shipping with code CM2022. It’s where I order our Christmas cards in the years I actually remember to send them 😉 You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM is offering up to 60% off boots, coats, fashion, home and more! You can shop their site here.
- OLD NAVY is offering 50% off everything (no code required). You can shop their sale here.
- OUR PLACE is offering 35% off their famous Always Pan, as well as up to 30% off tons of other items sitewide. I finally ordered one for us! You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK is hosting their Cyber Monday sale, with up to 70% off 1000s of items! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN has up to 70% off the Cyber Monday deals section. They’re also matching donations today to St. Jude’s. You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is offering up to 50% off and free shipping with code FREESHIP. You can shop their site here.
- RIFLE PAPER CO. has $20 gifts and is offering 30% off everything else with code MERRY30. You can shop their site here.
- RUGGABLE is offering up to 25% off with code BF22AFF. You can shop their site here.
- RUGS USA is offering up to 75% off sitewide! Plus get $75 off orders of $300+. You can shop their site here.
- SAMPLIZE, my favorite place to get large paint samples (made with real paint!), is offering buy 8 get 2 free, plus free shipping with code FREEship22! You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY is offering 25% off everything with code GRATITUDE. If I had to buy new armchairs today, it would for sure be these gorgeous new chairs! They’re also donating $25 to GlobalGiving for select rattan purchases. You can shop their sale here.
- SHOPBOP is offering up to 70% off sale items. You can shop their site here.
- SPANX is offering 20% off everything if you sign up for text or email. You can shop their sale here.
- TARGET is offering up to 50% off select toys, holiday home decor, and more. You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX has a number of deals sitewide, up to 75% off select items, and is offering free shipping on orders $89+ with code SHIP89! You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH is offering up to 60% off their Cyber Monday sale. You can shop their site here.
- WEST ELM has started their Cyber Monday deals, with up to 70% off and free shipping on 1000s of items! They’re also matching donations today to St. Jude’s. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is offering up to 70% off their Cyber Monday Deals. They’re also matching donations today to St. Jude’s. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is offering up to 70% off their Cyber Monday Deals. They’re also matching donations today to St. Jude’s. You can shop their site here.
- WORLD MARKET is offering 10% off curbside and store pickups and 2x points to members (it’s free to join)! You can shop their site here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the below channels: