Thank you so much for all the sweet comments on our summer home tour yesterday! Today I’m sharing our weekend recap since it got bumped yesterday. Here’s a bit of what we were up to around here this past week.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
I spent most of last week prepping for my summer home tour and watering plants because of the extreme heat we had. I also listed our old fire pit set on FB and that sold pretty quickly. I also finally listed our old dining chairs and have a few people interested but they haven’t sold yet. I know those may take a bit longer. But once I do, I can get some photos of the space for you!
Kurtis cleaned up our pavers out back. In the photo below, our lawn had been mowed the day before so it’s not like the grass was super long. It just starts to grow over the pavers if you don’t maintain them. On the right is after he edged each of them individually. It takes a lot of time, but he only has to do it once or twice a season. And I swear the grass didn’t get less green – the lighting just changed a lot 😉
He also power washed the courtyard for me once the old fire pit set was gone. It’s pretty disgusting how dirty it got after it was cleaned just last year! It’s so satisfying to watch all the grime come up. After sharing a video on my Instagram stories, I got a ton of requests for a link to our power-washer. Unfortunately, ours is 13-15 years old (we know we bought it in our first house) so it’s no longer available. It’s a TroyBilt with a Briggs & Stratton engine. I’m sure it wasn’t super expensive at the time but it has worked great for us after all these years!
While Kurtis was cleaning pool filters on Sunday, I assembled two of the four swivel chairs I bought for the courtyard. I’m praying they get re-stocked soon because they are so good in person! They swivel, rock, come with a custom cover, and look so chic! And the price is pretty hard to beat for the pair and this level of quality. I’ll continue to stalk them and let you know if they come back in stock!
Much of last week was a blur, but you can see we also strung our shatterproof string lights! We went with the longer set (it was cheaper too) and strung it in a zigzag one direction and then back to the other corner and we only needed one set. I’m hoping to get some strung on the back patio too! Still have to convince Kurtis on that one 😉
Our knockout roses started blooming this week. I was shocked when I saw these out front. They’ve never been super healthy out here and have never looked that great. But conditions must have been prime for them this spring because they look amazing right now! They almost look fake in person!
And my Incrediball hydrangeas out back are so close to blooming! They are my first hydrangeas to bloom each year so I’m glad I added five more of them to our yard this year. I’m still working on a yard tour post for all of you guys that asked to show you each of the shrubs and trees we have in our yard.
I also realized I need more Dianthus in my life! They are so stunning when they’re blooming! This is my first full year with some, so if you have any good tips to keep them re-blooming all summer, I’d love to hear them!
I was a bit sad when I couldn’t find my beloved yucca plants for my planters this year, but I have been loving the change with the hibiscus. They are truly amazing to watch! It makes me sad their blooms only last a few days, but it’s pretty insane just how quickly they are constantly creating new blooms!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the week across all of my channels. This week I’m actually sharing a compilation of the past two weeks. Links to each item are below the graphic.
Around Town & For Fun
We’re still mostly staying at home so we’re trying to make things more special around here. We miss eating out so much (I’m convinced it was my favorite hobby previously) 😉 But, we’ve been trying to get creative with our meals, or where we eat around our house or yard just to change things up a bit!
My pieces arrived that I ordered from my outdoor dining essentials post. The pieces I ordered are even cuter in person, and we already have them in rotation around here for our outdoor meals!
We had a streak of about five or six days with temps in the low to mid 90’s last week. It required I spend a lot of time outside watering all my planters, but it also meant a little bit of time enjoying the pool too! We tried to at least sit out there each afternoon or evening even if only for an hour or so just to decompress!
Sunday night it was so hot we didn’t feel like cooking inside or grilling outside. So we whipped up our first charcuterie board of the season and it was so good! I’ve said this before, but I’d be okay with eating this for dinner every night! Either that or caprese salads! I used this striped marble board to serve everything on.
We then headed out to the courtyard to do some project planning, and the cats were in heaven since they got to join us. Hawkeye would keep sitting like this just sniffing the air as hard as he could! His belly still has some scars (and is a little bald) after his surgery, but he seems to be recovering very well after all his kidney problems!
Henley is a little less sure of herself, and is basically ready to run back in at any second.
And Bailey basically acts like she owns the joint. She basically flops right in the center of the concrete and then wants to fall asleep or just relax. It’s like she’s trying to prove she deserves to stay outside, unlike her brother who is constantly looking for trouble and plants to eat 😉
I’m hoping we get a lot more use out of the courtyard now that the rug (that never seemed to dry) is gone, it’s all clean, and we have comfy seating!
I have two big meetings today for some projects I’m hoping to tackle soon. I’ll do two dedicated posts on each of them when the timing is right, but I’m excited to get the wheels in motion! They’re both going to be a lot of fun if they come to fruition!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some sales that have carried over from the weekend, as well a a few new additions. You can see some of my top picks here.
- ABERCROMBIE is offering up to 50% off select styles during their Summer Sale. You can shop their sale here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE is offering up to 60% off everything sitewide! Prices as marked. You can shop their sale here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering an extra 50-70% off sale styles. You can shop their sale here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering an additional 25% off sale clothing, shoes and accessories at checkout. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up to 25% off all outdoor and 20% off everything. You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering up to 50% off everything, plus an extra 50% off sale styles. No code required. You can shop their sale here.
- BROOKE & LOU is offering 15% off your purchase for their birthday sale with code HAPPYBDAYLOU. You can shop their site here.
- EBAY has some really great prices on certified Dysons if you weren’t aware! We currently have the V8 Animal and are obsessed with it – it will even get Kurtis to vacuum occasionally 😉 The Dyson store ships directly from eBay orders, and are certified refurbished and come with a six month warranty in most cases, so this will definitely be the route we go when we get another! And the prices are up to 70% off! You can shop their other sales here.
- FRONTGATE is offering up to 30% off sitewide! No code required – prices as marked. You can shop their sale here.
- GAP is offering 40% off everything – no exclusions – with code TODAY. Plus get an extra 10% off at checkout with code QUICK. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering up to 60% off summer picks with code SUMMER. You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering up to 70% off everything sitewide, plus an extra 75% off select clearance items with code OHYEAH. You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLAND’S is offering 20% off your entire purchase with code HAPPY. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering 40% off full-price styles with code LOVEIT. You can shop their sale here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is offering up to 40% off select Father’s Day gifts. You can shop their sale here.
- NORDSTROM is hosting a clearance sale with items marked up to 60% off! You can see the women’s items and home items that have been added. My favorite jersey maxi dress (I have it in two colors) is currently 30% off! I’ve never actually seen it on sale before! I’m loving the patterns on this midi shirt dress! You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY is offering up to 50% off sitewide. Plus get an extra 30% off your purchase at checkout (no code required). These canvas lunch tote would be perfect for lunch but also for road trips, beach day trips, etc.! You can shop their sale here.
- ONE KINGS LANE is offering up to 40% off outdoor. No code required – prices as marked. You can shop their sales here.
- OVERSTOCK is hosting a summer savings blowout with 1000s of summer-related items marked up to 70% off! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is hosting their Friends & Family sale with 20% off your purchase and free shipping with code FRIENDS. You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is offering 20% off everything, this weekend only. You can shop their sale here.
- ROSETTA STONE is offering $100 off their unlimited language lifetime plan, making it only $199! I bought it because we’ve worked on Spanish in the past, but I bought the unlimited to learn Italian during the quarantine. They also have a sale on their monthly plans. You can shop the sale here.
- TARGET doesn’t have much going on in the form of sales today, but they did launch their designer dress collection early this morning! You can shop their sale here.
- TORY BURCH just added new sale styles! This includes rose gold Millers that are almost fully stocked! You can shop all of their sale items here.
- TUCKERNUCK has also added some new sale pieces that are all darling! You can shop their site here.
- WAYFAIR is offering up to 70% off for their indoor refresh sale and up to 65% off their living room refresh sale. I’m kind of obsessing over these striped chairs. They have an excellent price on this rectangular pendant chandelier right now – it looks so high-end. And our dining room knock-off light is almost 40% off right now! You can shop their site here.
- WEST ELM is offering up to 75% off for their end of season sale. You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is offering 20% off upholstered furniture and an extra 25% off clearance pillows, bedding, & bath with code SAVEMORE. These gorgeous linen and velvet pillows qualify for the additional discount! You can shop their sale here.
- WORLD MARKET is hosting a clearance sale, with items marked up to 40% off storewide! Plus get an extra 10% off every curbside pick up order. I’m absolutely loving these outdoor chairs! You can shop their sale here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used