I hope you all had a great weekend! Today I’m sharing all the details on what we’ve been up to around here this past week.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
The weather was really weird last week. The days were okay, but the nights got into the 30s. So, I was hesitant to finish any of my planters for fear that the frost could kill some of the plants. So, our garage is still full with most of my tropicals. Hoping to plant those all early this week!
Instead, I tackled this random area in our backyard. I’ve talked about it in the past, but it’s definitely not our favorite area. It always looks messy, and every bit as random as it actually is. It had gotten pretty bad with grass growing in and around all the plants so I started with that. Then, I added some of the plants I had on hand that I knew could survive the overnight temps. The two catmint plants are new, and I added some ground cover called Mojave (in fuchsia and yellow) in between some of the rocks.
On Saturday, Kurtis fulfilled one of my long-time asks and cleared out even more of the grass in the area. Last summer, I had torn this whole area out by myself and wasn’t eager to tackle it again. So he cleared the area where you can see him kneeling below, all the way over past that limestone rock, to the other pine tree. He was able to transplant the grass to areas in our yard that had been worn bald, so he was able to tackle both at the same time! I’m going to get some more plants added up there to help with any run-off. We’re slowly trying to make it all look a lot more intentional – and not the random terrace it actually is because that part of our hill was too steep to mow.
Big news! I finally finished painting the office walls last week! It feels good to have the office mostly put back together now.
On Sunday, we tackled something we had been putting off for awhile. Once we knew we were moving the cane cabinet to our office to hold our printer/scanner, we knew we had to drill a hole in the back of it for cords. But we put it off (for almost six months)! Yesterday, we finally tackled it!
It was a bit scary to do, but we taped off the spot with some FrogTape to prevent and rips in the finish. It worked perfectly! I don’t anticipate that we’ll ever not have this cabinet against a wall, so it doesn’t bother me that the hole is there. Especially since we were able to drill it without ruining any other part of the cabinet 😉
After we assembled the new cabinet in the den a week or two back, I filled it with my fabric and other items I wanted to store in there. But, I was left with a bunch of other crap that needed sorted, donated, moved elsewhere, etc. It had all been sitting on the floor in the den, so yesterday I finally got that taken care of, as well. I’ll be sure to share a picture of the new cabinet in the space once I get photos this week!
DEN SOURCES: Linen Sectional | Indoor/Outdoor Diamond Rug | Rattan Mirror (similar here) | Coffee Table | Paint Dipped Vase | Faux Greenery Stems | Striped Pillow | Roman Shades | TV Stand | Tripod Lamp | Striped Poufs: At Home
I’m slowly starting to gather ideas for summer decor for a few minor swaps! It’s hard to believe but I’ll already be sharing my summer home tour in less than a month!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
Around Town & For Fun
Kurtis found Hawkeye and Henley sleeping like this last week on the coffee table and he said it looked like a cat bunk bed. Ha! It totally did! They basically couldn’t be cuter.
Bailey has decided this is her new favorite spot in our house. It basically couldn’t look more uncomfortable, but she’s obsessed!
Kurtis had to send a picture of his temporary office in to work for a “guess whose space” thing they were doing. I thought I’d show you how it looks now that the card table is gone and it looks semi-presentable. It definitely helped getting the TV mounted on the wall. I obviously think it needs a little bit of styling, but he’s happy with it so I’m trying not to zhush it for him 😉
Saturday night we brought dinner over to Kurtis’ sister. On the drive home, a storm was rolling in and it literally looked like the sky was on fire. It was so pretty! I had to snap a picture while he was driving – water droplets on the windshield and all 😉
Sunday, Kurtis decided he was long overdue for a haircut and he decided I was going to give him one. I was a little nervous, but, considering I had no idea what I was doing (and it took 45 minutes) I think it turned out okay! Even if I was cutting random strays I saw throughout the day 😉
Today is a big day for us if all goes according to plan! I actually spent a lot of time last week researching for this potential project that I mentioned briefly last week. Today we’ll know for sure if it’s a go. I can’t wait to share more details with you soon!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some sales that have carried over from the weekend. You can see some of my top picks here.
- ABERCROMBIE is offering up to 50% off their entire site. Plus get an extra 25% off at checkout with two or more items. No code required. You can shop their sale here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE is offering 60% off AE clearance + and extra 20% off with code HEYSUMMER. They also have 25-50% off all AE and Tailgate! You can shop their sale here.
- AMETHYST HOME, one of my favorite local stores (that also ships nationally), is offering 15% off all gift cards as a thank you for supporting them during their closure. You can shop their site here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering an extra 50% off 1 sale items, 60% off 2 sale items, and 70% off 3+ sale items. Plus get 50% off full-priced styles with code TREAT50. You can shop their sale here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering an extra 25% off sale items at checkout – no code required. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering 20% off everything! No code required – prices as marked. You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering up to 60% off everything, plus an extra 50% off on clearance items at checkout. You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering $20 off orders of $100+ with code MOTHER20. Another great way to shop small this weekend! It’s a great time to try one of the wood chains that looks like the one in our living room! There’s also several other options available as well (including marble and black) – just search chain! It won’t let me link directly to that page for some reason. You can shop their site here.
- BROOKE & LOU is offering 15% off Mother’s Day favorite gift ideas with code ALLTHELOVE15. You can shop their site here.
- DAPPER DWELLING here in Omaha is the cutest apothecary-type shop that also had to close recently their physical store temporarily. But they are currently offering free shipping on all orders! I’ve bought everything from local honey to organic dry shampoo to natural laundry detergent from them. They’re currently offering free shipping or free contactless delivery if you’re local! You can shop their site here.
- EBAY has some really great prices on certified Dysons if you weren’t aware! We were talking about getting another one to use to keep our basement clean (I refuse to use our regular one down there!). We currently have the V8 Animal and are obsessed with it – it will even get Kurtis to vacuum occasionally 😉 The Dyson store ships directly from eBay orders, and are certified refurbished and come with a six month warranty in most cases, so this will definitely be the route we go! And the prices are up to 70% off! You can shop their other sales here.
- EVERYTHING BUT WATER is offering 30% off resort wear, cover ups, and accessories with code AMAZING30. You can shop their site here.
- FRONTGATE is offering 20% off sitewide and free shipping with code SHIP4ME! I’m LOVING this faux lavender topiary that comes in two large sizes! You can shop their sale here.
- GAP is hosting their Friends & Family Sale with 40% off everything (no exclusions) plus an extra 20% off at checkout with codes GAPFRIEND and ALLYOU. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering 50% off over 450 styles with code WEARNOW. You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering 40-70% off sitewide. Prices as marked – no code required. Plus get an extra 60% off clearance with code WONDERFUL. You can shop their sale here.
- JOSS & MAIN is offering up to 70% off sitewide for their May Event. You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLAND’S is offering 20% off your entire regular priced purchase with code ONLINE20. You can shop their sale here.
- MCGEE & CO. is offering 20% off lighting and free shipping with code DELIGHTED. You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM is offering up to 50% off tons of top brands! Loving all three colors of this cute top – and the price is hard to beat! You can shop their sale items here.
- ONE KINGS LANE is offering 20% off orders of $500+ with code OKLXTRA20. Plus they have 20% off Visual Comfort lighting favorites that rarely go on sale! You can shop their sales here.
- PIER 1 is offering $25 off $100+, $50 off $175+, and $100 off $300+. You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is a 48-hour flash sale with items marked up to 70% off. You can also get 20% off full-priced items and free shipping with code SUMMER. They also currently have 30% off performance fabric furniture like our sofas and sectional (read my sofa review and sectional review if you’re looking for more info on either)! You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is offering up to 30% off select lighting, furniture, decor and more. Some of my favorite finds from their store can be found in my Curb Appeal post. You can shop their sale here.
- ROSETTA STONE is offering $100 off their unlimited language lifetime plan, making it only $199! I bought it because we’ve worked on Spanish in the past, but I bought the unlimited to learn Italian during the quarantine. They also have a sale on their monthly plans. You can shop the sale here.
- RUGS USA is offering up to 60% off for their Mother’s Day Sale. You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY is offering 20% off everything to refresh your home with code ATHOME. Plus, they have tons of items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- TALBOTS is offering 30% off one item, 40% off two items, and 50% off 3+ items. You can shop their sale here.
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off home and patio items You can shop their sale here.
- TERRAIN is offering an additional 25% off sale items with code SPRING25. You can shop their sale here.
- TORY BURCH just added new sale styles and there are lots of really cute finds! They still have these Millers sandals available in a lot of sizes. I’m also loving these leather thong sandals! You can shop all of their sale items here.
- TUCKERNUCK has also added some new sale pieces that are all darling! You can shop their site here.
- WEST ELM is offering up to 60% off bestsellers. You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is hosting their spring cookware event, with items up to 55% off. And for the first time ever, they’re including Le Creuset at 20% off! You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is offering 25% off your order (no minimum!!) and 20% off outdoor with code HOME. Plus get an extra 25% off clearance pillows with code PILLOW. You can shop their sale here.
- WISTERIA is offering up to 50% off during their summer preview sale. You can shop their sale here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used