Happy last Monday of April! I hope you all had a nice weekend. I can’t believe we’re already headed into May at the end of this week! I’m hoping we’re one month closer to some semblance of normalcy for everyone.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
Remember my post on tall storage cabinets with doors? Well, I finally decided to move forward with this louvered cabinet and it was delivered last week! We got it all assembled but still need to attach it to the wall. Once we do and I get everything fully transferred over, I’ll be sure to share! But I’m really happy with the cabinet so far – even if it did take awhile to assemble!
The weather was beautiful on Sunday so we wrapped up some yard projects that were on our list. I was able to get seven plants in the ground, which I was really excited about! I added three Incrediball hydrangeas, two Annabelle hydrangeas, a viburnum bush (our first ever!), and a knockout rose. The other plants shown below are for my summer planters, which I haven’t started yet. Side note: if you’re local, you can call Lanoha Nurseries and place your plant order and they’ll deliver it all to you curbside so you don’t even have to go inside!
This is the area in the back of our house where I had torn out a lot of the ornamental grass. It had grown in really unevenly the past twelve years, and I’m also pretty sure I was allergic to it 😉 So, I added three more Incrediball hydrangeas to the area to fill in the bare spots. It’s the same plant you see on the far right and the scrappy one you see in the middle (thanks, rabbits). The ones from the nursery are obviously a bit further along in the growing season, but I think they’ll all look great when I have a long row of white hydrangea balls here all summer! We also moved a matching planter under the window on the left.
I also added two Annabelle hydrangeas and a viburnum to this side of the house. This has always been our “problem” side of our yard. When we first moved in, the trees weren’t very big so it still got a lot of sun. Now, it’s in shade almost the entire day. So, all of the roses that were originally here died from lack of sunlight. I’m slowly trying to switch things over to more shade-tolerant plants. We’re obviously also having issues with mulch run-off every time we have a storm. I also need to figure out what to do with the vine that clearly is lacking support over on the wall. Hoping these few new plants will give me motivation to tackle this area soon!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
Around Town & For Fun
Kurtis took a vacation day half of Thursday afternoon and all day Friday for his birthday Saturday. The weather was beautiful on Thursday so we actually hung out at the pool! Kurtis even got in the water. We both agreed it may be the only time in history he’ll get to be in the pool in April, so he thought it was a pretty exciting start to his birthday weekend! It felt so weird to have summer-like temps when there still aren’t any leaves on the trees here!
I mentioned last week we were trying to change up our dinner menu each night since we had fallen into a rut (mostly with frozen pizza). One night last week we made fajitas and it was a fun change! The onion we used was bigger than all three of the bell peppers combined.
Saturday was Kurtis’s birthday so I let him plan the day for us. He requested hot dogs on the grill for lunch, a drive around town to look at our rental properties, followed by Lazlo’s delivery for dinner. Pretty simple but it was a really fun day!
After we got home, we were hit with a crazy hail storm. When it was over, it looked like it had snowed here again!
The resulting rainbows (there were actually three total) were stunning! It was a beautiful end to what I’m sure was a really weird birthday for Kurtis!
Sunday afternoon while we were working in the yard, Kurtis’ sister and brother-in-law dropped off some craft beer for him for his birthday. The BFFs swung by shortly after to let Z and Scout run around the yard for awhile. They’re quickly learning they really need to get a fenced yard 😉 Z loves exploring every nook and cranny of our backyard! It’s nice that it feels like we can kind of hang out with friends and family now that the weather is nicer – even if we are just talking ten feet away from each other in the backyard 😉
Lastly, I wanted to let you all know about a fun giveaway on Instagram I’m co-hosting until this evening! We’re giving away $1,000 cash to one lucky person as a thank you for supporting all of our small businesses during these crazy times. It’s super easy to enter. Just head to my Instagram Stories (click on my picture in the round circle in the top left of my bio screen). Just watch the stories until you get to the graphic for the giveaway. The next screen will have the seven other accounts linked that you need to also follow (you’ll love these home decor accounts). Then, the next screen will have a slider to confirm you’re done. That’s it!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some sales that have carried over from the weekend. You can see some of my top picks here.
- ABERCROMBIE is offering up to 50% off their entire site. Plus get an extra 30% off at checkout. No code required. You can shop their sale here.
- ALICE LANE HOME COLLECTION is offering 20% off everything. These circle dot planters come in four sizes and styles and such a cute find for spring! I ordered some last weekend and love them! The small is still in stock and comes in at under $9 with the discount! You can shop their sale here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE is offering 25-50 % off jeans, plus $50 off $100+ purchase, $35 off $85+ or $25 off $60+ with code SOMUCHMORE! You can shop their sale here.
- AMETHYST HOME, one of my favorite local stores (that also ships nationally), is offering 15% off all gift cards as a thank you for supporting them during their closure. You can shop their site here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering an extra 50% sale items at checkout – no code required. You can shop their site here.
- ARHAUS is offering up to 50% off sitewide. You can shop their sale here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering 20-40% off sitewide. You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering 50% off everything – no code required. Plus, if you’re a cardholder, you get an extra 10% off at checkout with code BRCARD. You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering $20 off orders of $100+ with code MOTHER20. Another great way to shop small this weekend! It’s a great time to try one of the wood chains that looks like the one in our living room! There’s also several other options available as well (including marble and black) – just search chain! It won’t let me link directly to that page for some reason. You can shop their site here.
- DAPPER DWELLING here in Omaha is the cutest apothecary-type shop that also had to close recently their physical store temporarily. But they are currently offering free shipping on all orders! I’ve bought everything from local honey to organic dry shampoo to natural laundry detergent from them. They’re currently offering free shipping or free contactless delivery if you’re local! You can shop their site here.
- EBAY has some really great prices on certified Dysons if you weren’t aware! We were talking about getting another one to use to keep our basement clean (I refuse to use our regular one down there!). We currently have the V8 Animal and are obsessed with it – it will even get Kurtis to vacuum occasionally 😉 The Dyson store ships directly from eBay orders, and are certified refurbished and come with a six month warranty in most cases, so this will definitely be the route we go! And the prices are up to 70% off! You can shop their other sales here.
- EVERYTHING BUT WATER is offering 20% off their entire site with code AMAZING20. You can shop their site here.
- FRONTGATE is offering 25% off outdoor furniture and 20% off everything else! No code required – prices update at checkout. I’m LOVING this faux lavender topiary that comes in two large sizes! You can shop their sale here.
- GAP is offering up to 75% off everything, plus get an extra 50% off markdowns and and an extra 20% off your purchase at checkout with codes PERK and MORE. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering buy one get one free on select shirts, tees and sweaters! They are also offering 25% full-priced styles with code SHOPMORE. This mockneck embroidered lace top is still one of my favorites of spring! I’m sharing a few of my favorite new arrivals in the graphic below. You can shop their sales here.
SOURCES: “Team Pool” Tee | Jeans | Striped Ruffle Swimsuit | Packable Sun Hat | Beaded Earrings | Canvas VANS sneakers | Hair Tie | Striped Tassel Tunic | Striped Linen Top | Embroidered Top | Enamel Flower Earrings | “Team Beach” Tee | Chambray Shorts | Striped Sandals | Striped Turban Knot Headband | “Weekend” Tee
- J CREW FACTORY is offering 40-60% off everything, including new arrivals – no exclusions. Plus take an extra 15% off Mother’s Day gifts & outfits with code AWESOME. I’m loving this new Vacation sweatshirt – even if my only vacations right now are to the back yard 😉 You can shop their sale here.
- JOSS & MAIN is offering items up to 80% off – plus they’re donating 10% of their profits from the sale to Feeding America! Our favorite new beachy abstract art is also on sale! You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLAND’S is offering 15% off your regular priced purchase with code GIFT15. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering 50% off your entire purchase, plus buy two sale styles get two free with code 24HRS. You can shop their sale here.
- MADEWELL is offering an additional 50% off their sale items with code BIGTIME. You can shop their sale here.
- NORDSTROM is hosting a big sale for Mother’s Day, with up to 40% off gifts for mom. You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY is offering up to 50% off everything sitewide plus an extra 25% off at checkout – no code required. You can shop their sale here.
- ONE KINGS LANE is moving and offering up to 80% off sitewide! Plus, they’re offering 25% off Gabby and well as 20% off Visual Comfort lighting favorites – which rarely ever go on sale! You can shop their sales here.
- PARTY CITY is offering curbside contact-free pickup or same-day local delivery! You can shop their site here.
- PIER 1 is offering 25% off regular-priced items with code BLOOM25! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is offering 20% off furniture and 25% off everything else plus free shipping with code EARTHDAY. They also have several bonus deals sitewide like 30% off organic sheets, up to 40% off outdoor furniture, up to 40% off gifts for mom, and tons more! They also have 30% off their best-selling sofas and sectionals (read my sofa review and sectional review if you’re looking for more info on either)! This picnic basket set could be fun for a backyard quarantine picnic and then to use later at parks, lakes, etc.! I also love this faux potted lavender that comes in three sizes. You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is hosting their spring warehouse sale, with items marked up to 60% off! Some of my favorite finds from their store can be found in my Curb Appeal post. You can shop their sale here.
- ROSETTA STONE is offering $100 off their unlimited language lifetime plan, making it only $199! I bought it because we’ve worked on Spanish in the past, but I’m hoping to pick up some Italian during the quarantine. They also have a sale on their monthly plans. You can shop the sale here.
- RUGS USA is hosting their Spring Black Friday event with items marked up to 75% off! You can shop their sale here.
- SEPHORA is offering 10-20% off during their Spring Savings Event with code SPRINGSAVE. Amount is determined by status level (it’s free to join) and is currently open to everyone. My favorite Jo Malone cologne is even included! I’m planning to stock up on my favorite coconut lip gloss (I put it on every night before bed) and favorite lip liner (in Pillowtalk). You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY is offering 20% off everything to refresh your home with code ATHOME. Plus, they have tons of items in their sale section. These dining chairs are so unique and a great price right now! You can shop their site here.
- TALBOTS is offering $49 dresses and skirts, and 40% off everything else. You can shop their sale here.
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off home decor and patio items. Such a great price on these cute storage ottomans right now! You can shop their sale here.
- TORY BURCH just added new sale styles and there are lots of really cute finds! They still have these Millers sandals available in a lot of sizes. You can shop all of their sale items here.
- TUCKERNUCK has also added some new sale pieces that are all darling! You can shop their site here.
- WAYFAIR is hosting a huge sale with items up to 80% off – plus they’re donating 10% of their profits from the sale to Feeding America! I’m loving this cool coffee table. You can shop their sale here.
- WEST ELM is offering 20% off everything. You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is hosting their spring cookware event, with items up to 55% off. And for the first time ever, they’re including Le Creuset! They also have 20% off cocktail essentials. You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is offering 25% off your order (no minimum!!) and 20% off outdoor with code HOME. This 10′ round rug is a pretty amazing price for the size! You can shop their sale here.
- WORLD MARKET is offering 40% off tons of their outdoor items. You can shop their sale here.
I hope you all have a good week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used