Good morning! I’m coming at you a day late with my Weekend Recap, as we spent most of the week in Utah with my side of the family these past few days. Here’s a little bit more of what we’ve been up to around here!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
We left to Utah on Wednesday so I didn’t get much done around the house, project-wise. But we returned to a lot of fun surprises in our yard! Our catmint is in full bloom in multiple spots and I love how pretty it looks when it’s blooming! It reminds me of lavender but is much easier to care for in Omaha!
The honeysuckle in our courtyard is also starting to bloom! It always looks so beautiful this time of year. While in Utah, my dad mentioned that his blooms all summer, but ours only blooms once in the summer. I’m going to have to do some research to see if I can get ours to bloom all summer too. It’s stunning when it covers our wall in the spring!
Our friends gave us their nearly-dead lemon tree in the early spring. They had moved it inside for the winter, and the thorns were becoming too dangerous for their girls. I didn’t have much hope of saving it, but last night I found two fairly large lemons starting and quite a few more buds. I literally have no idea what I’m doing with it (I’ve only watered it twice in a three month window). I’ve just allowed rain and sun to do their work. But, I have a feeling I’m going to have to be a lot more hands on as the weather heats up. Any tips appreciated! Unfortunately I don’t know what kind of lemon tree it is.
We had a pool house budget meeting last week before we left town. Budgets never seem to be my friend :/ I also have both a window and cabinet/closet meeting this week so we can finalize all our selections. Once the permit is back (I’m hoping either this week or next), we should be able to break ground! Finally!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the past week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
Around Town & For Fun
We got to Utah on Wednesday and had a really great week with my family! My brother and sister-in-law also drove down from Idaho to hang out with us for a few of the days. We spent a lot of time out on my parents’ back patio. The weather was beautiful and their backyard is so peaceful. It was nice to disconnect from the online word for a few days! I love all the ice plants growing in my parents’ rock wall around their back steps.
My dad built that fountain on the right recently. It’s solar powered and he made the concrete ball with a basketball. I wish I had a better photo because it was so cool! He filled the basin with unique rocks and fossils he’s found around Utah and Wyoming. The birds loved it when the water was bubbling on sunny days!
My cousin’s daughter got married on Friday night. The ceremony and reception were in the cutest barn in Kaysville.
My mom made the bouquets and the boutonnieres for the wedding and they all turned out so beautifully! Here’s a peek at a few of the bouquets.
It rained off and on throughout the afternoon so it got a bit chilly. But it was all so beautiful! I wore this dress and went with a tall size, and love how it fit! And although you can’t see them in the photo below, I wore these nude sandals and they are still one of my favorite finds of the year. The block heel makes them so comfy!
Congrats to the new bride and groom! We’re so happy we could celebrate with you!
Although we spent a lot of time just hanging out at my parents’ house, we also managed to squeeze in some axe throwing!
As well as a little Top Golf. We’re convinced the Utah Top Golf has to have some of the best views of any location!
I came home to a bunch of deliveries that I’m excited to share with you soon!
It’s even more challenging for us to leave town now that Bailey is diabetic and requires insulin shots twice a day. Kurtis’ sister and brother-in-law not only handled her shots, but took care of the pool while we were gone and we couldn’t be more grateful! We’re thrilled they’re going to be moving even closer to us soon! They recently sold their house in one day in a pocket listing, so I’m going to be sharing some tips from our realtor (also their realtor) to get your house sold as quickly as possible for the best offer. I know this market is insane right now, and a lot of people are considering listing. I should have that post up sometime next week!
With us starting the week a day late and the upcoming holiday weekend, we have a lot to catch up on! I have an action-packed week of posts ahead for you, and I’m crossing my fingers that we’ll see some of the best sales of the year this weekend! I know many of you have been holding out on some big purchases. I’ll also plan to do a thorough sale post at the start of the weekend with a guide to all my top finds. I’m so excited the unofficial start of summer is almost here and we’ve nearly made it to June!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are the sales from the weekend that are still going strong. Some stores have already started their Memorial Day weekend sales, as well!
- AMAZON has a number of deals sitewide in the Daily Deals section. These pillow insert pairs I’ve been using lately have an 8% coupon you can clip as of the time of this post going live! Remember to order 2″ larger inserts than your pillow covers for the best designer look! I also have these striped pillow covers and they were already such a great price, but now there’s an extra $2 coupon you can clip on the pair! They’re such a great staple! These Lantern Pendant Lights come in four finishes and are a steal when you apply the extra 10% off coupon. Such a great designer look for less! You can shop their sales here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE is offering 25% off shorts! You can shop their sale here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering 20% off in-stock furniture and decor, and an extra 25% off sale items! No code required. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up to 20% off sitewide. You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering 40% off your purchase plus an extra 20% off at checkout if you use a GAP Inc. credit card (use code BRCARD20). You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering $25 off $125+ with code GARDEN25. You can shop their site here.
- BODEN is offering 15% off full-priced items at checkout (no code required) and free shipping on orders of $49+. You can shop their site here.
- GAP is offering 40% off tees, sweats and dresses, an extra 40% off sale styles with code PERK, and an extra 10% off regular priced styles with code SUNNY. You can shop their sale here.
- HOME DEPOT is offering 10% off a bunch of furniture and home finds (like this gorgeous S&L look for less Woven Rattan Armchair. You can shop their site here.
- J CREW is offering 25% off your purchase with code WEEKEND, as well as an additional 40% off tons of sale styles. You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY has tons of deals sitewide, plus an extra 15% off dresses and polos with code EXTRA15. You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLAND’S is offering 20% off one regular-priced item with code SUNSHINE. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering 50% off tees, tanks and shorts with code SUMMER. You can shop their site here.
- LULULEMON has a number of new items in their sale section, including some new Align and Wunder leggings! You can shop their sale here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is offering up to 70% off their clearance styles. You can shop their site here.
- MARSHALL’s has a number of deals sitewide. You can shop their site here.
- MICHAELS is offering 20% off all regular priced purchases with code 20MADEBYYOU, plus tons of deals sitewide! You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM has a number of new markdowns sitewide and is now offering 2x points on beauty for Nordy Club members and cardholders! They have a great price on these Mini Miller Sandals, too! You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY is offering 30% off your purchase (including clearance items) – no code required. You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK is hosting their Memorial Day Blowout Sale with major discounts sitewide up to 70% off! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN has a number of items marked up to 50% off in their clearance section and is offering free shipping on orders $99+ with code FREESHIP. I know many of you were waiting for a buy more save more sale, but it looks like they’re carrying this no-sales thing into the second quarter. Apparently they’ve had a surge in demand and so many furniture orders and have such a backlog, they won’t being doing sales for some time. Just wanted to pass that along if you’ve been waiting! You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY has added a number of items to their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- SUMMERSALT, one of my favorite swimsuit brands, is offering $10 off a $95+ purchase with code MDW10. This suit is probably the most flattering one you can find! You can shop their site here.
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off select home items! You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX is has a number of deals sitewide! I love this Pair of Table Lamps! You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH has added a bunch new pieces to their sale section. Loving this quilted version of my favorite ballet flats! You can shop their site here.
- TUCKERNUCK has added some new sale pieces that are all darling per usual! How cute is this puff-sleeve sweatshirt?! You can shop their site here.
- VANITY PLANET is offering 50% off sitewide with code VPA50. You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is hosting their Clearance Event with up to 75% off tons of items sitewide. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is also hosting their Clearance Event with up to 60% off 100s of items sitewide. You can shop their site here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used