Good morning! I hope you all had a nice weekend! Here’s a little of what we’ve been up to over this past week.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
I hopped on Instagram Stories last week to talk about an exterior project I’m considering. Now that we’re a few years out from having our wood siding painted white, we’re considering limewashing the stone. I thought I’d share the results of the polls here, but would love to also hear your thoughts!
If I go the Romabio route, you can actually power wash it off within two days to either distress it a bit or to remove it entirely. So that makes me slightly less nervous to try it. Thoughts?
Although we have yet to even start digging for the pool house addition, I already placed the order for most of the decor. With lead times the way they are on furniture and other accessories, I didn’t want to take any chances! That means some of the in stock items have already started arriving though so I’m getting creative and styling it as I can. I’m loving this pillow combo in our den right now! They’re all indoor/outdoor pillows but work just as well indoors as they do out!
However, other places of our home are getting a little chaotic. Our dining chairs and counter stools arrived for the space and have taken over the dining room. I finally sold our old dining table earlier this year after it being on my to-do list for months, so the one I had picked for the pool house is working perfectly for now. And now I kind of love the round shape in here – it may have to stay permanently! Needless to say, I’m loving all the pieces so far, and getting even more excited for the project to start!
DINING ROOM SOURCES: Outdoor Swivel Counter Stools | Outdoor Dining Chairs | Round Dining Table | Cane Dining Chairs (look for less here) | Abstract Art | Linear Chandelier (look for less here) | Faux Greenery | Wood Charcuterie Boards | Striped Rug – no longer available
I also spent some time last week shopping our house for summer decor. Henley was a huge help as I was swapping out pillow covers. She’d basically follow me around to whichever room I was in and then just lay in the sun and watch me. Can’t say I blame her!
We headed to Nebraska Furniture Mart to do some appliance browsing for the pool house. Thankfully, you can now buy beer at the door because appliance shopping is always super fun 😉 We left without actually making any decisions and still don’t know the direction we’ll go, but at least we have a little more info.
We also stopped in Ferguson, the Build.com showroom, and got a little more clarity there. Totally off topic of our project, but I really loved this vanity style they had in the showroom!
Lastly, our blue bedding from last summer came back in stock. I know it sold out super early last year before some of you were able to get it, so I was happy to see they brought it back this year!
MASTER BEDROOM SOURCES: Blue Textured Bedding & Shams | Paisley Lumbar Pillow | White Jute Rug | Wood Bead Chandelier | Bench | Faux Olive Tree | Nightstands | Lamps | Faux Maidenhair Fern | Similar Bed Frame
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the past week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
Around Town & For Fun
We had a mid-week dinner out at Jam’s one night last week! They had live music, and although it was a little chilly, it was so enjoyable! I also noticed their planter contents look almost identical to mine this year!
I also kept staring at the stone on their walls, because that’s what I do 😉 But I like this look for our exterior where color is showing thru, but it’s a muted white-washed look.
We’re pretty sure we have a dead bald cypress tree next to our guest bedroom window, but Kurtis had this cute little visitor during work one day last week. Our yard is essentially a bird, rabbit and squirrel sanctuary since we don’t have any dogs. But Bailey did try to catch a rabbit last week when we sat on the patio with her one night. Little stinker!
I’ve been working on a review post about our new stick vac and why we prefer it over our Dyson and other models we’ve tried. I made Kurtis model it for me this weekend 😉 We use a corded vacuum upstairs with all of our carpet, but swear by stick vacs for hardwood floors and other areas on our main level. They’re also the only way I can even get him to vacuum. He tried to use the corded one last year and couldn’t even figure out how to turn it on. I can’t make this up!
ENTRYWAY SOURCES: Stick Vac | Raffia Console Table | Seagrass Lamp | Faux Tulips | Paint-Dipped Vase | Bench | Striped Ottoman Cubes | Similar Wood Bowl | Stone Pebbles | Similar Round Mirror | Swing Arm Sconces | Lantern Pendant Light
We burned this candle every day last week – loving it so much! And just a reminder that you can still get 20% off everything on their site (excluding wallpaper) with code SARAH20. Also, just ignore my dirty countertops in the image below 😉
Saturday night we had Kurtis’ sister and brother-in-law over for dinner and cards. It was so beautiful outside we spent most of the night on the back patio. We also had to train them on pool boy duties for when we head to Utah later this week.
The trees are filling in quite a bit and I imagine in the next few weeks, they’ll all have all their leaves and needles!
Last night we headed down to our BFFs for dinner. We hadn’t seen them in a few weeks, so Zoe was loving all the attention. After dinner, she wanted Kurtis to jump on the trampoline with her.
She then wanted to teach him how to dance to “Can You Feel The Love Tonight” from Lion King. It was pretty dang cute! Meanwhile, I got lots of baby cuddle time!
We have a busy week ahead as we plan to cram a week’s worth of work and projects into a handful of days before we leave to Utah for the weekend! I’m hoping all the expected rain holds of a little so I can finally wrap up all my summer planting!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are the sales from the weekend that are still going strong. You can see my top picks here.
- AMAZON has a number of deals sitewide in the Daily Deals section. These pillow insert pairs I’ve been using lately have an 8% coupon you can clip as of the time of this post going live! Remember to order 2″ larger inserts than your pillow covers for the best designer look! I also have these striped pillow covers and they were already such a great price, but now there’s an extra $2 coupon you can clip on the pair! They’re such a great staple! These Lantern Pendant Lights come in four finishes and are a steal when you apply the extra 10% off coupon. Such a great designer look for less! You can shop their sales here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE is offering 25% off jeans and shorts! You can shop their sale here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering select full-priced styles from $25-75. You can shop their site here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering an extra 25% off sale items! No code required. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up to 20% off indoor furniture, rugs, and drapery. You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering 40% off your purchase plus an extra 10% at checkout with code BRMYSTERY. You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering $25 off $125+ with code GARDEN25. You can shop their site here.
- BODEN is offering 15% off full-priced items at checkout (no code required) and free shipping on orders of $49+. You can shop their site here.
- GAP is offering 40% off everything with code FRIEND, an extra 30% off markdowns with code COOL, and an extra 10% off with a GAP card with code CARD10. You can shop their sale here.
- HOME DEPOT is offering 10% off a bunch of furniture and home finds (like this gorgeous S&L look for less Woven Rattan Armchair. You can shop their site here.
- J CREW is offering up to 30% off summer picks, plus an extra 15% off your purchase at checkout with code EXTRA. My favorite packable straw hat is also included! I live in this thing on vacation and during the summer months! You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering up to 50% off everything, plus BOGO 50% on shoes with code HALFOFF. You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLAND’S is offering 20% off one regular-priced item with code PICKONE. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering $30 summer perfect tops and $40 pants and jeans with code CUTE. You can shop their site here.
- LULULEMON has a number of new items in their sale section, including some new Align and Wunder leggings! You can shop their sale here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is offering up to 70% off their clearance styles. You can shop their site here.
- MARSHALL’s has a number of deals sitewide. You can shop their site here.
- MICHAELS is offering 20% off all regular priced purchases with code 20MADEBYYOU, plus tons of deals sitewide! You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM has a number of new markdowns sitewide and is now offering 2x points on beauty for Nordy Club members and cardholders! They have a great price on these Mini Miller Sandals, too! You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY cardmembers can save 40% off their purchase with code CARD, plus a number of other deals sitewide. You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK is hosting their Memorial Day Blowout Sale with major discounts sitewide! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN has a number of items marked up to 50% off in their clearance section and is offering free shipping on orders $99+ with code FREESHIP. I know many of you were waiting for a buy more save more sale, but it looks like they’re carrying this no-sales thing into the second quarter. Apparently they’ve had a surge in demand and so many furniture orders and have such a backlog, they won’t being doing sales for some time. Just wanted to pass that along if you’ve been waiting! You can shop their sale here.
- RIFLE PAPER CO. is offering 20% off to my readers with code SARAH20 until 5/22 (only excludes wallpaper)! They have such perfect items for graduation gifts, birthday gifts or a splurge for yourself! I basically want everything on their entire site 😉 But this Amalfi del Mar candle, their AirPods cases, iPhone cases, and these Hydrangea Vintage Champion d’Orsay Sneakers are a great place to start! You can shop their site here.
- SERENA & LILY is offering special pricing on pillows and throws, and have also added a number of items to their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- SUMMERSALT, one of my favorite swimsuit brands, is offering $10 off a $95+ purchase with code MDW10. This suit is probably the most flattering one you can find! You can shop their site here.
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off select home items! You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX is has a number of deals sitewide! I love this Pair of Table Lamps! You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH has added a bunch new pieces to their sale section. Loving this quilted version of my favorite ballet flats! You can shop their site here.
- TUCKERNUCK has added some new sale pieces that are all darling per usual! How cute is this puff-sleeve sweatshirt?! You can shop their site here.
- VANITY PLANET is offering 50% off sitewide with code VPA50. You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is hosting their Clearance Event with up to 75% off tons of items sitewide. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is also hosting their Clearance Event with up to 60% off 100s of items sitewide. You can shop their site here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used