Good morning! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Ours was action-packed and the weather was beautiful. It’s been so nice to get outside a bit here and there. Here’s a little of what we’ve been up to this past week.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
Our new living room chairs arrived last week! With as backordered as everything single thing in the furniture world is right now, I was shocked how quickly they arrived! If you want the background story or more of my top contenders, you can check out this post on modern coastal living room chairs! I think the scale is much more appropriate for our rather shallow living room, so it helps make the space not feel so cluttered. Once we have the old ones fully out, I’ll be sure to share a pictures of how everything looks together!
We spent a bit more time wrapping up the garage this weekend, which means we were also able to have our POD picked up! It’s so nice to finally have it out of our driveway! But it worked like a charm while it was here. I’m hoping to share part I of the garage with you later this week! The before and after transformation is pretty dramatic! Just a little reminder, this is how it looked just over a month or so ago. Yikes!
The most exciting thing we’re looking forward to this week? Tomorrow is spring clean-up for our yard (meaning everything will be getting cleaned up, trimmed, and new mulch delivered). And then Wednesday, if weather permits, our pool will be opening! Maybe the wind will eventually die down so my furniture and cushions will stop getting blown around so much every time I fix them 😉 It’s amazing how much the grass has greened up over the past week! I’ll plan to share some of the pool-opening process in my Instagram Stories this week for those that are interested!
Does anyone remember when it opened it on April 15th last year and the next day we had nearly 8″ of snow covering everything?! It was so beautiful! We’re probably a bit aggressive going even a few days earlier this year, but so far no snow in the forecast!
With all this talk of spring and the outdoors, I’m already itching to get out and start making some planters! Sadly, we still have nights in the 30s still for as far as I can see on the 10-day forecast so I probably need to wait a little longer. But I always try to get a head start prior to Mother’s Day (the typical “safe” timeline to plant here). I don’t want all the good stuff to be gone! But I’m also pretty sure Kurtis will give me away if I try to convert our nice clean garage into a greenhouse for a few weeks!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the past week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
With my favorite fertilizer taking the number once spot (by far!) it’s pretty clear you guys are just as eager for spring and summer planting as I am! If you’re looking for some new planter ideas, be sure to check out my posts on summer planter ideas and front porch planter ideas.
Around Town & For Fun
Super random, but I was scrolling Instagram last week and saw a local bloggers’ post about leftover hardboiled eggs and her egg salad sandwich recipe. I don’t know why, but it sounded so good that I decided we were eating it for dinner that night! It was really good (I didn’t follow the recipe exactly). My only regret is that we only had Dave’s Killer Bread thin slices on hand, which I found the taste to be a little too overpowering. But the egg salad was super yummy and I’ll definitely be adding Thousand Island to it again in the future!
If you love Italy and/or are a food lover, we started watching Stanley Tucci’s Searching for Italy series. We have been really enjoying it – despite the fact it’s making us want to get back to Italy ASAP, even more so than we were already wanting to! We’re learning so much, and as Tucci travels the various regions, it reminds us of why we love each one so much! Highly recommended.
Just a typical weekday morning view with a peek at how my desktop typically looks 😉
We attended our goddaughter’s third birthday party on Saturday afternoon! She’s very into dinosaurs right now, so she requested a dinosaur birthday party with a pink dinosaur cake. It couldn’t have turned out cuter!
Our oldest niece and her fiancé came into town Saturday afternoon, as well! As part of their wedding gift, we’re helping them plan their dream honeymoon, so they came to visit to so we could get things wrapped up! She’s already a tee-ball professional. Just look at that bat grip 😉
Despite it only be in the 50’s Sunday morning, we took the crew to brunch at Jam’s. We all packed jackets and decided to take advantage of the sun and sit on the back patio. It was so nice to eat outside. You could actually sense the excitement and buzz around us at all of the other tables – spring is truly here!
If you’re local, our niece and I each ordered the Berry Frenchy, which is cinnamon sugar French toast with strawberry cream cheese filling. It was out of this world. Remember when Kurtis and I were supposed to start dieting last week for their wedding?! Diet starts again today 😉
We finalized their honeymoon plans after brunch before they headed back to Iowa. It was so great to spend some one-on-one time for them, even if it was a short stay!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are the sales from the weekend that are still going strong. You can see my top picks from the weekend here.
- AMAZON has a number of deals sitewide in the Daily Deals section. These pillow inserts I’ve been using lately have an 8% coupon you can clip as of the time of this post going live! You can shop their sales here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE is offering up to 50% off sitewide! You can shop their sale here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering 40% 1-2 tops or sweaters and 50% off 3+ with code SHOPSPRING! You can shop their site here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering an extra 25% off sale items! No code required. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up 20% off their favorite items. You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering up to 40% off regular-priced styles and an extra 50% off sale styles. No code required. You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering $25 off $125+ with code EARTH25. You can shop their site here.
- BODEN is offering 15% off full-priced items at checkout (no code required) and free shipping on orders of $49+. You can shop their site here.
- GAP is offering up to 50% off sitewide, plus an extra 30% off sale styles with code BEST and an extra 10% off regular-priced styles with code ADDON. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering 30% off your purchase with code SHOPNOW. They also have 40% off women’s shirts and dresses and an extra 40% off select sale items with the same code. This Block Print Halter Neck Swimsuit ended up in my cart and I can’t wait for it to arrive! My favorite chambray shorts are also included in the sale! I wear my regular size Large and love them so much! You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY has a number of sales sitewide and is offering an extra 15% off laid-back styles with code CASUAL as well as an additional 70% off clearance items with code DREAMY. You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLAND’S is offering 25% off your entire regular-priced purchase with code SPRING. This Scandinavian Console Table looks promising and is 20% off with code SAVE. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering 30% off spring must-haves and an extra 15% off select clearance items with code OHLALA. You can shop their site here.
- LULULEMON has a number of new items in their sale section, including some new Align and Wunder leggings! You can shop their sale here.
- MADEWELL is offering up to 40% off your purchase with code SPRINGIT ON. This Embroidered Ruffle Shoulder Tank Top looks darling! You can shop their site here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is hosting their Warehouse Sale with up to 60% off select items. My favorite oversized striped cheese board is $30 off in most colors! You can shop their site here.
- MARSHALL’s has a number of deals sitewide. How cute is this rattan bench?! You can shop their site here.
- MICHAELS is offering 20% off all regular priced purchases with code 20MADEBYYOU, plus tons of deals sitewide! You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM has a number of new markdowns sitewide. You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY is offering up to 50% off storewide. You can also spend SuperCash right now, and if you don’t have any to spend, you can get 30% off your purchase with code HURRY. You can shop their sale here.
- ONE KINGS LANE is hosting their Anniversary Sale with 20% off most items sitewide (prices as marked) plus an extra 10% off $600+ with code OKLTAKE10. This Striped Linen Bed looks so cute! You can shop their site here.
- OVERSTOCK is hosting hosting a Spring Into Savings sale with up to 70% off 1000s of items and free shipping on everything! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN has a number of items marked up to 50% off in their clearance section as well as free shipping on orders $99+ with code FREESHIP. I know many of you were waiting for a buy more save more sale, but it looks like they’re carrying this no-sales thing into the second quarter. Apparently they’ve had a surge in demand and so many furniture orders and have such a backlog, they won’t being doing sales for some time. Just wanted to pass that along if you’ve been waiting! I haven’t seen these Faux Potted White Roses in person but they look like they could be cute for spring and summer decorating! You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY is offering special pricing on all of their rugs! They also added a number of items to their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- SHOPBOP is hosting their spring Style Event, with 15-25% off your purchase depending on how much you spend. It’s a great time to buy those designer pieces! You can shop their site here.
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off home items! My favorite Block Print Doormat is almost half off! You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX is has a number of deals sitewide! This Beaded Pendant Light is a stunner, and such a great price! You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH has added a bunch new pieces to their sale section. I have these flip flops and love them! You can shop their site here.
- TUCKERNUCK has added some new sale pieces that are all darling per usual! You can shop their site here.
- VANITY PLANET is offering 50% off sitewide with code VPA50. You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is hosting their Clearance Event with up to 75% off tons of items sitewide. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is also hosting their Winter Clearance Event with up to 50% off 100s of items sitewide. You can shop their site here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used