Happy Monday! I hope you all had a nice weekend! I’m excited for Easter weekend and to be rolling into April and a new quarter later this week. Here’s a little of what we’ve been up to around here.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
There was a lot of action in our garage last week! On Monday, our garage was fully insulated! We had found out this past winter that only about 1/4 of our garage was insulated (just the parts that touch our interiors and pass code). Unfortunately, with how much we store out here, it’s important things not be able to freeze like they did this past winter. Since the walls were already finishes, they have to drill a hole at the top of the wall in between every set of 2×4 studs to blow the insulation in.
So, after they were done, we were left with mud patches all around the garage like the picture below. Cute, right?! 😉
Kurtis warned me that was coming so we already had a painter lined up a few days later. I can’t even tell you what a dramatic difference the fresh paint made in our garage! We used Benjamin Moore Classic Gray since I thought it paired nicely with the new floor coating we picked. I thought the old trim color would be “fine” since it’s just our garage. Turns out, it was driving me insane and looked extra pink. So I took on a painting project over the weekend to freshed it all up.
Friday I applied the first coat of paint to the window trim. Here is a quick snap right after I threw some on just so you could see the difference in color. I ended up using Benjamin Moore White Dove because there was an extra exterior gallon available from touch-ups that were also done to the exterior of our house from the bathroom window. It’s not the brightest of whites, but obviously much more white than the old trim color!
I had to paint the door trim and exterior portion of the door from the garage leading into the house, as well. Here you can really see the difference in color! And that’s only after one coat! I actually applied three coats to get it to really cover.
Today the crew from Hello Garage arrives to grind out our old epoxy garage floors! They’ll be installing their polyaspartic coating and then tomorrow all the organizational pieces arrive! This project has been moving fairly quickly considering all that needed to be accomplished! By this time next week, we should have the POD emptied and our garage will be fully functional again – and much more beautiful! I hope to share the full reveal within a week or two after that!
I added some new art to the den this weekend! I’m actually partnering with the artist, Caroline Pacula, along with Serena & Lily and a few other coastal home decor bloggers. We’re going to be giving away one of Caroline’s pieces of art of your choice (see the collection here) tomorrow on Instagram! It’s a $1500 value, so be sure to check my Instagram feed tomorrow if you’re interested in winning! I’d love for one of my readers to be the winner!
DEN SOURCES: Linen Sectional | Acrylic Beach Art | Indoor/Outdoor Diamond Rug | Scallop Light Fixture | Coffee Table | Paint Dipped Vase | Faux Greenery Stems | Raised Stripe Pillow | Striped Tassel Pillow | Palm Print Pillow | Roman Shades | Recycled Glass Beads
And lastly, my friend Mandy is coming over today to photograph the smaller bathroom! I’ll finally be able to reveal it for you guys once I get the photos back from her. Hopefully later this week or early next week!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the past two weeks across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
Around Town & For Fun
If you want to make yourself really sick, invite someone over to bid out window replacements 😉 Holy cow was that a shock!! Turns out our window replacement may evolve into a 5-10 year plan, rather than all in one shot. But as I mentioned last week, we don’t really have a choice on a handful of them after one of ours leaked during a storm a few weeks ago.
Want to know the best way to save money while window shopping? Don’t take me with you. Ha! I fell in love with this door below and declared we needed it for our courtyard, office and dining room. And then I heard the price 😉 Turns out our existing sliders are just fine!
To celebrate figuring out a semi-plan for windows, we tried a new restaurant called Backlot. It’s off 204th and Qish in the Coventry area (hooked to the new movie theater). I had an Instagram follower recommend it and it was so good! We’ll definitely be back. They have Detroit style pizza, and she recommended we also try the OG fries. Admittedly it’s something I would have gravitated to, but holy cow they were amazing! It was my first time trying pork cracklings, too. They also have, what looks to be, a great patio for when the weather starts warming up!
Somedays you would think that we don’t have any beds or soft surfaces in this house…
Bailey’s getting more extreme with her blanket obsession.
Ignore the pillow that badly needs to be lint rolled, but could you just die with this sweet face? Granted, she looks a little annoyed, but I assure you she was a happy camper in her little pillow fort Kurtis built for her 😉
We had a pizza party at our BFFs house (that’s what Z calls it anytime we have pizza). She had a good week with her sitter and a great behavior chart so she got a sucker to celebrate. She was pretty excited to show everyone that it turned her tongue blue.
I’m going back and forth on whether or not I do a spring home tour on the blog this year. If I don’t, it may be the first time in eight years I haven’t done one. But, we have so many projects in the works I’m thinking it may just be easier to skip right to summer! I’m hoping this week or next I’ll share details on the next big project we’re starting (that has actually been in the works for a bit)! But, I wanted to get the bathroom reveal and garage reveal wrapped up first so there aren’t too many balls in the air. Stay tuned!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are the sales from the weekend that are still going strong.
- AMAZON has a number of deals sitewide. You can shop their sales here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE is offering 25% off jeans, skirts and shorts. You can shop their sale here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering $75 off $200+ and $150 off $300+ with code REFRESH! You can shop their site here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering an extra 25% off sale items! No code required. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up 20% off barstools and pendants. You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering 40% off everything, and an extra 20% off for cardholders with code BRCARD20. You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering $25 off $125+ with code BHM25. You can shop their site here.
- BODEN is offering 15% off full-priced items and free shipping and returns on orders $49+. No code required – prices update at checkout. They also have up to 40% off their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- GAP is offering up to 50% off sitewide, 10% off regular priced items with code ADDIT and an extra 30% off sale styles with code PERK. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering up to 40% off your purchase with code GOSPRING! Cardholders can still save an extra 20% off their purchase with code CARDLOVE through the remainder of the year. You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering a buy more save more sale with an additional 15-25% off your purchase. You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLAND’S is hosting a buy more save more sale with 15-25% off your purchase with code SAVEMORE. You can shop their sale here.
- LULULEMON has a number of new items in their sale section, including some new Align and Wunder leggings! You can shop their sale here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is offering up to 70% off their clearance section. You can shop their site here.
- MARSHALL’s has a number of deals sitewide. You can shop their site here.
- MICHAELS is offering 20% off all regular priced purchases with code 20MADEBYYOU, plus tons of deals sitewide! You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM is hosting their Spring Sale with up to 50% off tons of items! You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY is offering up to 60% off sitewide. You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK is hosting their Spring Red Tag Sale with up to 70% off 1000s of items and free shipping on everything! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN has a number of items marked up to 50% off in their clearance section. I know many of you were waiting for a buy more save more sale, and I’ve now heard from multiple sources that PB likely won’t be doing any sales in the first quarter, if not longer. Apparently they’ve had a surge in demand and so many furniture orders and have such a backlog, they won’t being doing sales for some time. Just wanted to pass that along if you’ve been waiting! You can shop their site here.
- REJUVENATION is offering up to 50% off during their living room sale! You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY is hosting a Great Outdoors Sale, with special pricing on all their outdoor furniture, pillows, etc. They also added a number of items to their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- TARGET is offering up to 50% off tons of items, including home decor! You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX is has a number of deals sitewide! You can shop their site here.
- TUCKERNUCK has added some new sale pieces that are all darling per usual! You can shop their site here.
- VANITY PLANET is offering 50% off sitewide with code VPA50. You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is hosting their Winter Clearance Event with up to 75% off tons of items sitewide. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is also hosting their Winter Clearance Event with up to 50% off 100s of items sitewide. You can shop their site here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used