Good morning! How are you all doing? I hope you all had a nice and relaxing weekend, especially after the sad and difficult week here in our nation. I continue to pray for comfort, strength and unity as we all move forward together.
Here’s a little look at what we were up to last week.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
The demo is 100% done on the bathroom.! They wrapped up early Friday afternoon, so I think we’re already out of the bulk of the noise and dust/mess! Here is how the Jack & Jill bathroom look now.
And here is how the smaller guest bathroom looks today. I’m guessing you can tell by the state of the drywall, we’ve decided to have the sewer gas line re-routed so we can still have a window. The window will have to be a bit smaller than initially planned, but we’re thinking we can still get a 25″x25″ in here.
The plumber and electrician will be coming this week to start some of their work. So it may be a slow week otherwise until they wrap everything up.
As of yesterday, 90% off our Christmas decor was still up. All I had put away up until that point was the ornaments on the tree. But, yesterday, the bulk of it came down. I still have a little was to go. And although I miss the white lights, I don’t miss what was starting to feel like clutter! I’m super happy with how the Christmas tree bags worked though!
I was finally able to pull out this olive tree I ordered back in September! It didn’t arrive until the end of October, and by that point I was decorating for Christmas. I had wanted this one for ages, but refused to pay the freight shipping charges for just the one item. So, I ordered it during buy more save more when I bought our bathroom vanity, so it was included in the shipping charge for free. You can see below on the left how it looks when it arrives (this was even after some initial primping back in October). After about 10 minutes, it looked like the image on the right. I still have a little tweaking to get it consistently full all the way around, but I am so in love with it! And in full disclosure, when I took it out of the box, I wasn’t sure I would. Mine is the XL size. Funny enough, when I was searching for it, I noticed they now carry this one, too. It’s the same as my Amazon olive tree, but about half the price on Amazon.
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
Around Town & For Fun
Here’s a quick look at how the lid organizer works in our food storage drawer. The drawer looks a little “off” since we had several containers in the fridge or dishwasher. But a year or two back, we ditched all of our plastic food containers in favor of glass ones. Not only are they “healthier” but we eat way too many tomato-based foods for plastic!
I thought I’d offer a little peek at Kurtis’ new home office. We had to move him out of the guest bedroom during the bathroom renovation, and literally the only place left in our house with a door (not connected to the construction) was 6″ from our bed. So he made it work! It may not be the prettiest setup, but hopefully he’s only here another month or so.
Not sure why I included this in the “fun” section. But Saturday we had to pick up some of our tile for the bathrooms. We then wandered into Nebraska Furniture Mart to look at carpet and hardwood. We’re a ways out on dealing with our upstairs flooring, but we do want to replace the inset carpet in our living room soon. My friend Lea just had a bound carpet rug made from the Anderson Tuftex carpet below (top, middle) and it’s absolutely gorgeous. We loved it so much, when we were at their house recently that we both thought it may be a super simple solution for our carpet in the living room that badly needs replaced. The pattern is much more subtle in person and reminds me a lot of the Dash & Albert rugs.
The cats have been handling the renovation chaos fairly well. We have to keep them locked up in the unfinished basement bedroom while the workers are here.
We had dinner Saturday night with this little goofball and her family. Her dad just got new blue light blocker glasses, and she thought she looked pretty cute in them. 😉
It wasn’t the best week to start dry January, but we powered through. With the first week behind us, we’re feeling good about the next few weeks! It also helps that we’re trying to eat more healthy, and we have less temptation to eat out.
We have another busy week ahead, but I don’t mind at all when the cold winter months are action-packed. Hoping it brings spring and warm weather around that much more quickly!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some of the sales that have carried over from the weekend.
- ABERCROMBIE is hosting their winter sale with up to 60% offs. You can shop their site here.
- AMAZON has a number of deals sitewide. You can shop the sale here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE is offering up to 25% off jeans, joggers and leggings. You can shop their sale here.
- ANN TAYLOR is hosting a buy more save more sale with $50-150 off your purchase with code REFRESH. You can shop their site here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering an additional 40% off sale items at checkout. No code required. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up to 20% off furniture and fabric. They are also hosting their White Sale with 20% off and free shipping. You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering up to 75% off sitewide, with 500+ new markdowns just added! You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering $25 off your order of $125+ with code MINDFUL25, plus free shipping on orders of $50+. They are the ones that carry a nearly identical oversized wood chain like we have in our living room, but they have a bunch of other really cute decor finds. This charcoal version of the chain and the small natural option are really beautiful too! You can shop their site here.
- CONTAINER STORE is offering 20-30% off some of their best-selling organizing components! Just in time to get organized for the new year! You can shop their site here.
- GAP is offering up to 75% off sitewide and an extra 50% off sale items with code BIGSALE. Plus get an extra 10% off regular-priced items with code ADDIT. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering 40% off wear-now styles, as well as an additional 40% off sale styles with code BIGSALE. They also have cashmere starting at $59.50! You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering up to 50% off new arrivals. You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLAND’S is offering 15% off one regular-priced item with code ONLINE15. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering an extra 50% off sale styles, plus buy one get one free on sale styles with code FUN. You can shop their site here.
- LULULEMON has a number of post-holiday deals including all these new items in their sale section! They even have my favorite Align Leggings nearly $30-$40 off! You can shop their sale here.
- MADEWELL is offering an extra 40% off sale items with code GIGANTIC. You can shop their sale here.
- MARK & GRAHAM has added new items to their sale, with markdowns up to 75% off! You can shop their site here.
- MARSHALL’S is hosting their Winter Clearance Event with tons of savings sitewide. Plus get free shipping on all orders of $89+ with code SHIP89. You can shop their site here.
- MICHAELS is offering 20% off all regular priced purchases with code 20MADEBYYOU, plus tons of deals sitewide! You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM RACK is offering up to 70% off men’s clothing! You can shop the sale here.
- OLD NAVY is offering 60% off winter favorites. Plus get 30% off your purchase at checkout – no code required. You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK is hosting a winter refresh event with up to 70% off 1000s of items and free shipping on everything! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is offering 20% off bedding and bath during their Big Refresh Sale. You can also get free shipping on orders $99+ with code RENEW. You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is hosting their Bath & Bedroom Event, with up to 25% off. You can shop their sale here.
- RUGS.COM is hosting their Cozy Sale with up to 60-70% off and free shipping and returns! This PB look-for-less rug is also included in the sale! You can shop their site here.
- TARGET is up to 25% off furniture as well as tons of storage items starting at $4. You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX is hosting their winter clearance event with tons of deals sitewide! Feeling major S&L vibes with these counter stools, this bench, these counter stools, and these chairs! You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH is hosting their semi-annual sale with an extra 25% sale items (for savings up to 60% off) with code EXTRA! You can shop all of their sale items here.
- TUCKERNUCK has added some new sale pieces that are all darling per usual! You can shop their site here.
- URBAN OUTFITTERS is offering up to 40% off bedding, furniture, rugs and decor. You can shop their site here.
- WEST ELM is offering 20% off bedding and bath and up to 60% off furniture, rugs and more. Plus get free shipping on orders $99+ with code FREESHIP. You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is hosting their Winter Clearance Event with up to 75% off tons of items sitewide. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is also hosting their Winter Clearance Event with up to 75% off 100s of items sitewide. You can shop their site here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used