Good morning! I hope you all had a nice weekend! Can you believe Thanksgiving is already next week?! Here’s a little of what we’ve been up to around here this past week.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
I spent much of the weekend wrapping up our Christmas decor. I was able to photograph our bedroom last night and love how it turned out! Why have I never put a tree in our room before?!
CHRISTMAS BEDROOM SOURCES: Similar Upholstered Bed | Bead Chandelier | Striped Curtains | Woven Bench | Jute Rug | Plaid Bedding | Velvet Pillows | Christmas Tree | White Rope Tree Collar | Wreaths – old from Studio McGee
We have lots of plaid, wreaths, greenery and navy blue ribbon. I’m loving how it turned out!
I also swapped out some vacation photos in our mud room (in these frames) with this cute “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas” and “Let Your Heart Be Light” art. Although the frames are expensive initially, I love that I can then update the art or photos seasonally very affordably only needing 8×10’s. And it still makes a big impact since the overall size of each is about 2’x2′. I got the Evergreen color and love it so much!
Quick little decorating hack. I love filling my huge wood dough bowl with ornaments for the holidays. But it takes so many! This year I raided some of the packages we had just received, and first filled the bowl with this packing material. It drastically cut down on how many ornaments I needed!
And you’d never be able to tell once it’s all done!
I got our living room tree decorated and went with a snowball-ish theme. After it sat like this two days, I realized I didn’t like the contrast with the natural tree and the white. So, it already looks a little different!
After spending all weekend working on my Christmas home tour, and then photographing our bedroom, I’m quickly reminded how much harder Christmas tours are to put together! I basically have to re-learn how to photograph with Christmas lights every single year and there’s a very limited window each day to do it. Long story short, my tour should be ready by Thursday or Friday this week! I’m looking forward to sharing it with you!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
Around Town & For Fun
Bailey has been joining me a lot at night when I’m working in the office. I’d like to think it’s to keep me company, but I think it’s mostly just for the body heat. It’s not exactly easy typing when she insists on sitting right in front of the keyboard, but I make it work 😉
We watched a few Christmas movies this past week or two. We also watched The Social Dilemma on Netflix. Since much of my life is spent on social media, I knew some of this, but holy cow! It was terrifying, but a must-watch. Definitely making a point to be more conscious about screen time. The girls love their cuddle time when we’re on the couch, regardless of what we watch!
Hawkeye followed me around most of the weekend “helping” me decorate. He is beyond obsessed with this cozy pom blanket.
I washed all our bedding and duvet cover yesterday. Bailey took it as the opportunity to immediately jump in the pile for her new bed.
We don’t love the idea of eating inside restaurants right now, but we’re still trying to support local business as much as possible. We had a meeting at our bank Friday afternoon, so we decided to grab a quick early dinner at Roja. The advantage of going to dinner at 3:45 is that restaurants are basically empty.
I was excited to see this list with heated patios in Omaha that will be open for winter! Just scroll past the form (unless you’re a local restaurant) and last time I checked there was was an alphabetical list with 32 local restaurants already included! We were so much more comfortable eating out when we could sit on a patio in the warmer months so I love seeing this!
I’ve been trying a lot of new recipes to change things up since we’re eating home for basically three meals a day now. These egg bites were super easy. It’s just one egg per muffin slot. I then chopped onion, spinach, and tomato and added some to each egg. I also chopped some ham to add to Kurtis’ side. I then baked them for about 30 minutes at 375 degrees. It’s nice because you can throw them in the fridge to use through out the week! In hindsight, it would have been easier to mix everything together first and then pour in the tins, but this worked too when I just stirred them all with a fork.
We did a taco bar this weekend at our friend’s house. It’s nice having a tight circle of people we can still hang out with occasionally. We hadn’t seen them since Halloween and it was fun to all get together again! We’ll probably go back into hiding now for another two weeks in case we still do Thanksgiving with Kurtis’ family! But let’s be honest, that’s our MO even without a pandemic 😉
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some of the sales that have carried over from the weekend or new ones that have started today! You can see some of my top picks from the weekend here.
- AMAZON has a number of deals sitewide including their new holiday deals section which now include early Black Friday deals! We bought this Darlana look for less pendant light for the flip and it is stunning. Although it doesn’t show it on sale, it’s $20 less than when we bought it. The scale is large and it looks so high-end! Be sure to also check out my Amazon Christmas Decor for some affordable decorating ideas! You can shop the sale here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering 30% off sale clothing and more (prices update in cart)! They just added 1000s more to their site, too! You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up to 40% off sitewide for their early bird event. You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering 40% off everything with code EARLYBIRD. You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering $25 off your order of $125+ with code PRESENTS25. They are the ones that carry a nearly identical oversized wood chain like we have in our living room, but they have a bunch of other really cute decor finds. This charcoal version of the chain and the small natural option are really beautiful too! You can shop their site here.
- BODEN is offering 15% off new season items and free shipping and returns on orders $49+. You can shop their sale here.
- GAP is offering 40% off everything with code HURRY, plus an extra 20% off at checkout online only with code TREAT. You can shop their sale here.
- GIBSON is still offering an exclusive discount to my readers sitewide with code SARAH20! It includes the new Hi Sugarplum collection I shared a week or two back. You can shop their site here.
- J CREW is offering 45% off your purchase to rewards members (it’s free to join) or 35% off for everyone else with codes FAMILY and FRIENDS, respectively. I bought this coat a few weeks ago after wanting it for years and I can’t wait until it arrives! You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering 60% off everything, plus an extra 10% off at checkout with code QUICKDEAL. You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLAND’S is offering 20% off one Christmas item with code CHRISTMAS20 and 20% off your regular priced purchase if you buy online and pickup in store with code PICKUP. You can shop their sale here.
- MADEWELL is offering $25 off cashmere and an extra 30% off sale with code WARMUP. These leather ankle boots look so good! You can shop their sale here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is offering up to 50% off select styles for their early Black Friday event! Plus get free shipping on orders $100+ with code CHEERS. These commute clutches are so handy and are a total steal right now – and such a great gift idea for him or her! This charging tassel keychain is another good one! You can shop their site here.
- MARSHALL’S is now officially online as a great complement to TJ MAXX! This Wreath With Pine Cones looks super promising as do tons of other items on their site! You can see them all here.
- MINTED is offering 20% off all foil-pressed cards and gifts with code SHINE20. You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM has up to 40% off on new markdowns sitewide! Be sure to also check out their price-matched section for even more savings! You can shop their sale items here.
- NORDSTROM RACK is also offering 10x rewards for Nordstrom cardholders through the end of the weekend. They also have a limited time UGG flash sale among other huge sales! You can shop their site here.
- OLD NAVY is offering 50% off coats and jackets for the family plus 35% off everything else. And cardholders actually get 50% off today with code JINGLE and free shipping on orders of $25+ with code FREESHIP. You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK is offering Black Friday early access, with up to 70% off 1000s of items! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is hosting their Early Black Friday Sale, with select deals up to 50% off! I’ve accumulated several colors of these washed velvet pillows over the years, and they’re still some of my favorites to pull out for fall and winter! You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is offering up to 20% off in stock lighting, furniture, hardware and more. You can shop their sale here.
- RUGS.COM is hosting their fall mark down sale with an additional 50-60% select items. I bought this rug for our kitchen and it looks so good! You can shop their site here.
- SERENA & LILY currently has all of their rugs on sale! You can shop their site here.
- TARGET has started their Black Friday deals. Tons of deals sitewide! You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX has a number of new items sitewide, and their prices are hard to beat! You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH has added a lot of new pieces to their sale section – and it’s not just summer items! I’m loving this cute and practical saddlebag! You can shop all of their sale items here.
- TUCKERNUCK has also added some new sale pieces that are all darling! You can shop their site here.
- WALMART started their Black Friday sales on Wednesday, with more released over the weekend, and they’re still going strong! You can shop their site here.
- WEST ELM is hosting a Buy More Save More sale with 15-30% off your order with code SAVENOW. You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is also hosting their Early Black Friday sale with items marked up to 50% off, plus they’re offering an extra 20% off clearance items with code EXTRA. You can shop the sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is also hosting their Early Black Friday sale with items marked up to 50% off. You can shop their site here.
- WORLD MARKET is offering up to 30% off select furniture. You can shop their site here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used