I hope you all had a nice weekend! It was a super productive one for me (finally!) so I have lots to share over the coming week or so.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
I made major progress on my fall decor over the weekend! It’s pretty crazy how much a good pumpkin candle can put you in the mood for fall!
We are getting such beautiful sunlight now that the angles are all different. I actually love how bright and light and white everything feels in the summer months, kind of a sun-washed vibe. But in the fall months, I love that there is a warm glow in most of our rooms throughout the day since the sun has totally shifted. I shared this little peek of our entryway last night on Instagram that includes the new pieces I mentioned in this post. And my fall home tour is finally coming at you tomorrow!
ENTRYWAY SOURCES: Lantern Pendant Light | Plaid Rug | White Raffia Cabinet (also available here) | Mirror (Black Finish, 48″x36″) | Tuscan Vase | Oversized Wood Beads | White Tray | ‘It Is Well’ Canvas
I think the room I’m actually most excited about in the home tour is our smaller guest bedroom. AKA Kurtis’ recovery room from hip surgery last year. AKA his current home office (until January at the earliest). I honestly think I’ve only showed the space three or less times in maybe a year and half! So it’s good to have it back and looking super cute for fall! Well, at least one half of it looks cute. The other is an electronics overload/nightmare where Kurtis’ office resides 😉
I’ve actually only finished half of the entryway, the den, our smaller guest room and our bedroom. But I’m hoping to finish and photograph our kitchen, living room and other guest room today to include in tomorrow’s post!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
Around Town & For Fun
As I mentioned, I was actually super productive last week and over the weekend. But totally failed on the picture-taking front (unless you count the hundreds I took for my home tour). I guess that’s what happens when you’re running around busy so much!
These two just can’t get enough of the fireplace. My hand almost burns to the touch on their fur, but they’ll lay here for hours on end.
Kurtis made another batch of beef jerky for me yesterday because we already demolished the last batch! Several of you have asked for the recipe, and I’m working on getting it in a format that is actually shareable. Right now the measurements aren’t precise (a lot of guesswork is involved) so I’ve asked Kurtis to make it replicable 🙂 Stay tuned!
Last night when the sun was setting, we experienced a rare moment at our house. All three cats in the same area – also Kurtis wasn’t laying on the couch at sunset 😉 Henley was clearly annoyed because Hawkeye is laying in “her” spot, and I don’t think she got over it all night. But I love seeing all three of them together – and not fighting! And again – that warm fall light that just glows!
LIVING ROOM SOURCES: Linen Sofa |Raffia Coffee Table | Chunky Knit Throw | Similar Wood Chain | White Tray | Tassels & Wood Beads | “The Nature of Home ” Book | Woven Basket | Faux Cypress Tree – Old from Amethyst Home
ALSO, I mentioned our new window shades are all installed in our living room. I’m hoping to give a preview this week on my Instagram since that’s the easiest place to give a live demo. If not, it will be next week at the latest! But we’re so in love with them. I want to use them a bit more though before doing a full analysis here on the blog. But we’re already pretty obsessed at this point! Details coming soon!
There’s a semi-strong chance our BFFs may be having their second baby this week, so that means we’ll be on toddler duty with our favorite goddaughter for a few days! If anyone has fun recommendations for a 2.5 year old, I’d love to hear! We’ve really only taken her for 3-5 hours at a time and this will likely involve a few overnights. But we’re looking forward to it – and meeting her little sister!
Fourth quarter always seems to be my busiest with the quickly approaching holiday season, and from what I’m hearing people are starting early this year. Both with their decor and shopping for gifts. With that, 2020 Amazon Prime Day is back next week, running from the 13th-14th. I was able to get a preview a few weeks ago, and there are a lot of really great items and deals! It’s basically like Black Friday for October and a great way to get a headstart on holiday shopping! They also have a really cool promo right now thru the 12th, where if you spend $10 on one of select U.S.-based small businesses on their site, you get $10 to spend on Prime Day! You can read more about it here.
So now I have a question for you as it relates to my Weekend Recaps. What are your thoughts if I just post them as content warrants it? I feel like, since March, our life feels a bit like the movie Groundhog Day each week. Things don’t always feel shareworthy. But I also know so many of you love this post each week. I’m considering just doing random “Life Lately” type posts maybe every 1-3 weeks, depending on how much actually changes (and it wouldn’t always necessarily be a Monday morning post). Thoughts? I’m thinking this would allow me to have more decorating/lifestyle/fashion type content on a more regular basis, too. I’d love to hear your thoughts and am totally open to feedback on this one!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some of the sales that have carried over from the weekend. You can see my top picks here!
- AMAZON has a number of deals sitewide. If you’re on the hunt for a new toaster, how great is this one?! It remind me of the SMEG versions but for a fraction of the price – and the reviews are excellent! This cute buffalo check rug is also on sale and great for layering on your fall and holiday porch! You can shop the sale here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE is offering 30% off AE & Tailgate tees! You can shop their site here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering 40% off full-priced tops and sweaters and an extra 60% off sale styles with code TOPOFMIND. You can shop their site here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering an additional 30% off sale clothing at checkout (no code required). You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up to 25% off select categories. You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering 40% off everything plus an extra 10% off at checkout – no code required! You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering $25 off your order of $125+ with code LIGHT25. They are the ones that carry a nearly identical oversized wood chain like we have in our living room, but they have a bunch of other really cute decor finds. This charcoal version of the chain is really beautiful too! You can shop their site here.
- BODEN is offering 15% off new season items and free shipping and returns on orders $49+. You can shop their sale here.
- BROOKE & LOU is 15% off their home decor with code HELLOFALL! You can shop their site here.
- DSW is offering $10 off $49, $20 off $99, or $60 off $199 with code MONSTERMASH. You can shop their site here.
- GAP is offering 40% off everything with code 2DAYS. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering new fall boots starting at $48, plus $100 of coats and jackets! You can also get 40% off fall essentials with code SHOPFALL. Cardmembers can also get 20% off their purchase with code CODELOVE. I’m sharing another graphic I made below earlier this week (several of these items are included in the sale). I also have more in this post if you missed them! You can shop their sales here.
SOURCES: Striped Boatneck Top | Sweater Blazer | Puff Sleeve Top | Vintage Straight Jeans | High-Rise Skinny Jeans | Ruffle Neck Top | Tortoise Clamp Bracelet | Pearl Hoop Earrings | Floral Earrings | Tortoise Hair Tie | Pointed Toe Knot Flats | Cableknit Sweater | Resin Cuff Bracelet | Cage Mules | Animal Print Sweater Jacket
- J CREW FACTORY is offering up to 60% off, including new arrivals. Plus get an extra 15% off your purchase of $99+ with code YAYFALL. Cardmembers also get an extra 20% off here with code CARDPERKS. This Houndstooth Schoolboy Blazer couldn’t be cuter! I also think this buffalo check sweater jacket looks adorable! You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLAND’S is offering 20% off one regular priced item with code PICKONE. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering 40% off styles you’ll love with code SURPRISE. You can shop their sale here.
- MADEWELL is offering $75 jeans (including new fall styles) with code STOCKUP through the end of the day. You can shop their sale here.
- MARK & GRAHAM has items marked up to 75% off in their sale section! How great is this wool knit coat?! You can shop their site here.
- MINTED is hosting their annual holiday preview event, with 15% off holiday cards with code PREVIEW2020 – ends tonight! You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM is offering up to 40% off on new markdowns sitewide! Be sure to also check out their price-matched section for even more savings! This cardigan that I loved from the Anniversary Sale is now 50% off in several colors! I also think these flannel wedge booties are super cute! They also have 15% off my favorite foundation right now, so it’s the perfect time to get a lighter shade for fall/winter! You can shop their sale items here.
- NORDSTROM RACK is offering an additional 40% off clearance tops and sweaters. You can shop their site here.
- OLD NAVY has up to 50% off sitewide, plus get 30% off your purchase at checkout (no code required)! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is hosting their Friends & Family Sale with 15% off your purchase and free shipping on orders $79+ with code FRIENDS. You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is also hosting their Friends & Family Sale with 20% off your order (including clearance). I’m still loving these Windowpane Plaid Pillows and they qualify for the extra 20% off. You can shop their sale here.
- RUGS.COM is hosting a decorating sale with an additional 70-80% off + free shipping and returns on tons of rugs sitewide! You can shop their site here.
- SERENA & LILY is offering 15% off and free shipping on upholstery with code BESPOKE. That’s a pretty big discount to get the free shipping on furniture too! They also still have a bunch of items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX is finally back in the online game and is no longer limiting daily sales! They have this Serena & Lily look-for-less pillow back in stock! This set of woven bar stools also seems like an excellent price! This woven leather pouf is pretty incredible too! You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH has added a lot of new pieces to their sale section – and it’s not just summer items! I’m loving this quilted version of my favorite ballet flats. And the Port color is so perfect for fall and currently $69 off! You can shop all of their sale items here.
- TUCKERNUCK has also added some new sale pieces that are all darling! You can shop their site here.
- WAYFAIR is offering up to 60% off during their Holiday-Head Start Sale! I love the idea of this pair of dining chairs at each end of a dining table mixed with other chairs! They definitely have a Restoration Hardware vibe. You can shop their site here.
- WEST ELM is offering 15% off furniture and 20% off everything else with code FAMILY. You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is offering up to 30% off bedroom furniture, bedding, & more! You can shop their sale here.
- WORLD MARKET is offering 20% off nearly everything with code PRIME20. Plus, you can get an extra 10% off if you choose to do curbside pickup! You can shop their site here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links use