I hope you all had a nice weekend! Ours was a perfect mix of work and relaxation – just as I believe all weekends should be!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
Well, I officially have a lot more time for projects now that football season is here! Kurtis spent most of Saturday watching college football, and I got the itch to paint something. It sounded a lot more exciting than cleaning or putting my summer decor away. #priorities So, I raided my paint sample cabinet and then found my next victim. The color I went with was Benjamin Moore Van Courtland Blue. I had it on hand from when I was testing paint color samples in the office. With all the natural light the office gets, it didn’t work in there, but I love it in the den! Be sure to also check out this post if you’re on the hunt for a good blue gray color!
It was always in my initial den design plans to paint the board and batten wall, and I decided Saturday was the day! My plan over the weekend had just been to paint one square and then live with it a bit to see how much I liked it. Well, as you can see, ultimately finished the entire sample pot 😉 It’s only one coat so still a bit streaky, but I absolutely love the color! I’m actually debating painting the entire room (including the trim) to give it a truly moody library/den feel. Since we really only use this room to watch movies and read, I feel like it could be a fun room to go bold and much darker. Let me know your thoughts! I’m sure my summer I may want it all white again, but for the cost of a gallon of paint, it’s a pretty easy change up if I really wanted to. It’s a good thing I love painting!
I’m going to try and run to the paint store to get a full gallon of the color to paint the rest of the wall and then get a second coat on all of it later this week. But I’m already so happy with the direction it’s headed!
I spent a lot of time last week trying to get things caught up for taxes and I always want to kick myself when I let the books get so far behind! I had too many late nights at the computer. But I’ve found I enjoy my new view at night so much better when I have our courtyard string lights on!
Our cabinet and mirror arrived for the entryway last week so I’m working on getting them setup and styled so I can share that with you soon. But I’m loving both of the pieces from what I can tell so far! You can read more about my plans here.
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
Around Town & For Fun
We didn’t see the sun around here much of the entire week last week. It was a cold and rainy and dreary. But given that we were nearly a foot behind on rainfall for the year, we needed it! So I took the opportunity to embrace the fall-like weather and get somethings done around the house I had been avoiding. I also did another sweep of my closet to get clothes ready for donation. It’s so nice to have it all organized and purged again! I decided it was time to finally part with my “blog pants” as my friends call them. I think every paint color I’ve used in the last decade is part of these jeans, but they are more than a a little threadbare in most places and no longer appropriate to wear. Sadly, these went in the trash pile, but they lived a good life!
With the colder temps, I also took the opportunity to make a big batch of soup. I could eat soup every single day during the fall and winter months, so it’s one of the few things I look forward to in the colder months. I don’t ever follow a recipe, and basically just use up veggies we have on hand. This time around I added canned tomatoes, chicken stock, carrots, zucchini, onion, shredded chicken and then just some spices. So good! Just ignore the fact I spilled chicken on the burner next to my pot 😉
We also had the first fireplace night of the season! Kurtis and I basically want to cry when pool season ends, but the cats aren’t sad at all since it means we’re inside more and they get the fireplace on in the evenings.
It was definitely sweater weather most of the week! On Saturday I wore this sweater I featured in my Wednesday Watch list two weeks ago. This is the olive color but I also got the black and I’m pretty sure I’ll be wearing them a lot this fall! I love the weight and the longer length! And my lips aren’t always this ghostly white, but I was rocking a healing cold sore and some Abreva for this look 😉
I was one of those crazy people that set my alarm for 2 AM to shop the Studio McGee launch at Target. I know a lot of you were frustrated with the lack of inventory, and I get it. I was checking out at 2:05 and already had items pulled from my cart because they had already sold out. I watched some of Shea’s stories and she doesn’t have any control on inventory, but she did say that Target has confirmed that they will be restocking a lot of the items (she doesn’t know which). So, I’ll try and keep my eyes out for the popular items and let you guys know if/when things come back! I was excited to get this olive tree (still in stock!) and this abstract art. Many of the other items I wanted though were in-store only, and ours didn’t stock them.
Sunday the weather was absolutely beautiful and almost hit 80 degrees again! We got our workout in and then did some house-sitting duties before heading out to Juke’s in Elkhorn again for a patio lunch. I also got in some reading, which was nice since I hadn’t opened my book for so long! Then den is in complete disarray but that didn’t stop the cats from find a way to join me!
Our summer-like temps are supposed to be back this week so we’re hoping to get in another pool day or two before we close the pool late next week!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some of weekend sales that are still going strong! You can see my top picks here.
- AMAZON has a number of deals sitewide. This popular no-touch digital forehead thermometer that we have is back in stock and on sale (and currently has a $5 coupon available too)! You can shop the sale here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE is offering 40% off all sweaters and sweatshirts. Plus they have up to 50% off must-have styles. You can shop their site here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering 72% off select styles for 72 hours with code 72FLASH. You can shop their site here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering uan additional 40% off sale clothing You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up to 20% off sitewide. You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering up to 40% off must-have styles and an extra 50% off sale styles (no code required). Plus, if you buy a mask, you can get an extra 10% off your purchase with code EXTRA10. You can shop their sale here.
- BODEN is offering 15% off your purchase . Plus get free shipping and returns on orders $49+. You can shop their sale here.
- DSW is offering $10 off $49, $20 off $99 or $60 off $199 with code SEEYASUMMER. You can shop their site here.
- GAP is offering up to 50% off many styles and an extra 50% off sale styles with code ALLYOU. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering 25% off 1 full-price style, 30% off 2 styles, or 40% off 3+ full-price styles with code ADDTOBAG! Plus get an extra 60% off sale styles. I’m so happy to see they brought back this Long-Sleeve Ruffle Neck Top. I bought the fuchsia for a conference this winter and bought the ivory and navy last weekend because we love it so much! You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering 50% off nearly everything sitewide. Plus save an extra $20 off your $99 purchase with code HUGEDEAL. You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLAND’S is offering 15% off one regular priced purchase with code ONLINE15 or 20% off any single harvest or Halloween item with code FALL2020. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering an additional 50% off sale styles with code SOGOOD. You can shop their sale here.
- MADEWELL is offering an additional 40% off sale items with code HOWNICE. You can shop their sale here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is has items marked up to 75% off in their sale section! These quilted leather zipper pouches are such a great prices and could be used for everything from makeup to pencils/pens to a wallet or to hold travel documents! They’d also make a great gift (and can be monogrammed)! You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM is hosting a clearance sale on 1000s of new markdowns, with savings up to 60% off! You can shop their sale items here.
- NORDSTROM RACK has a number of sales sitewide. But if you’re on the hunt for waterproof shoes be sure to check out this section! So many great items from brands like Hunter, Sperry, Sorel and more! You can shop their site here.
- OLD NAVY is offering up to 50% off sitewide. Plus, you can now redeem your Super Cash, and if you don’t have any, you can get 20% off your purchase at checkout with code SWEET. You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK is hosting a Red Tag Sale with savings up to 70% off 1000s of items sitewide as well as free shipping! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is hosting a work from home event with 20% off home office, lighting and more They also have a section with items now with Warehouse Sale items marked up to 70% off! Also, everyone’s favorite cozy pom throw now comes in pillow form too, and they’re on sale for only $20! You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is hosting a dining event with items marked 20% off (including lighting, chairs, tables, etc.). They also have up to 50% off select lighting and furniture. You can shop their sale here.
- RUGS.COM is offering 70-80% off plus free shipping and returns for their So Long Summer Sale! You can shop their site here.
- SERENA & LILY is hosting a rug sale with all of their rugs included! Plus they have added some cute new items to their sale section. If you’re looking for fresh house numbers, these handmade tiles could be so cool! You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH has added a lot of new pieces to their sale section – and it’s not just summer items! This gorgeous tote just got a further markdown and I’m so tempted! You can shop all of their sale items here.
- TUCKERNUCK has also added some new sale pieces that are all darling! You can shop their site here.
- VICTORIA EMERSON is hosting a Warehouse Sale with killer discounts so it’s a great time to stock up for yourself or to have some cute gifts on hand! I’m kind of obsessed with this gorgeous bracelet and this one looks adorable on, even though it’s a combo I would never think to pair myself! You can shop their site here.
- WEST ELM is hosting a Warehouse Sale with up to 30% off thousands of styles. You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is offering 20% off dining tables, chairs and more with code DINING. You can shop their sale here.
- WORLD MARKET is offering up to 50% off sitewide! You can shop their sale here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links use