I hope you all had a good weekend! Were any of you impacted by the Saharan dust cloud? We could actually see the result of it here in Omaha yesterday which is crazy to me! Thankfully it didn’t impact our air quality too much (other than just the overhead haze when the skies were otherwise blue). But I think we can all agree we’re done with all these weird phenomena in 2020, right?!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
Last week was kind of a blur for me, and now it’s hard to believe we’ll be into July this week! I keep alluding to a massive project we’re working on, and I haven’t meant to be secretive about it. But it’s one of those things I just haven’t decided if it’s really blog-worthy or not yet. We’re doing something with our real estate business that’s a new undertaking for us. It’s been taking a lot more of my time than I envisioned and we have other partners involved, so it’s been a learning process to say the least 😉 Long story short, I may start sharing bits and pieces about it as time allows, but if I randomly go missing for a day (or three or five) over the next month or two, just know I likely got pulled away. Although I didn’t love the four onsite meetings I was called to last-minute last week, I did find it refreshing to step away from the online and social world for a few days. Something I have a hard time doing most of the time.
I spent some time in the yard on Saturday. I find it so relaxing and apparently that translated to me trimming even more trees and shrubs. Because we really needed that 😉 I had to stop when our yard waste bin was at capacity. Because I wasn’t about to rent another dumpster!
Some of our hydrangeas are coming out in full force! Our Annabelle hydrangeas in our front yard started blooming too.
I’m so happy I decided to add some hibiscus to our planters this year too! Kind of a happy accident! I used my favorite fertilizer on all my flowering plants and shrubs about a week ago, and I think it’s really paying off with all the new blooms!
On Sunday, I brought out my star pillow covers for the 4th of July! I’m absolutely loving them in our living room. I love that they can be used for a variety of holidays (even Christmas!).
LIVING ROOM SOURCES: Star Pillow Covers | Striped Rug | Linen Sofas | Spindle Chairs (similar here) | Raffia Coffee Table | Faux Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree | Seagrass Basket | Similar Wood Chain | Similar Vase | Faux Greenery Stems | Woven Stools | Frame TV
Here you can see a close-up of the pillow. So cute! I love how it feels like a handmade quilt with the pieced chambray and white twill.
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
And if you loved some of the top sellers from the Hi Sugarplum x Gibson Summer line, but your size was sold out, they did a huge re-stock today! And don’t forget – if you use code SARAH25 on any of it you will save 25%! I would say it all fits fairly true to size, but a little large, so I’d order down if you’re between sizes. I’m in a Large in all the pieces. The top is such a cute cut, and I love that it’s a bit longer and flowy on the bottom so you can tuck it in if you want. And the skirt is so easy to wear in the summer, either for a casual or more dressed up look!
I wore this top to one of my meetings last week, and I just love this color combo for summer! My boyfriend jeans were from J. Crew Factory earlier this year, but they have since sold out.
I didn’t share this image last week, but here’s the skirt with the ruffled racerback tee knotted for a more casual look!
Around Town & For Fun
One of the side effects of so many meetings last week – I got ready 6 out of 7 days. I think it was more than the combined total of all of the two months prior. But it was fun to bring out some of my spring/summer clothes I had planned to wear prior to the pandemic!
Kurtis and I have both gained a fair amount of weight these past few months, and we decided enough was enough. We started intermittent fasting last week and stuck with it every single day, so it’s a start. He had never tried it before (I have several times with FWTFL). I was joking around last week that one unintended benefit of intermittent fasting is that you kitchen stays clean for a lot longer when you remove a meal for the day 😉
KITCHEN SOURCES: Counter Stools | Basket Pendant Lights | Striped Rug | Faux Orange Stems | Similar Glass Vase | Faux Orange Topiary | Large White Ceramic Dot Vase | Natural Wood Serving Board | White Serving Board | Small White Ceramic Dot Vase | Similar Faux Asparagus Fern | Sunday Suppers Cookbook | Similar Recipe Book Stand | Island Paint Color: Benjamin Moore Providence Blue
We only made it out to the courtyard one night last week, but it’s becoming one of our new favorite activities. It’s like our own little happy hour location and the cats love that they get to join us 😉 I’ve still been checking on our chairs daily, but still no re-stocks. I’ll let you know if I see it happen though! I’m also loving the addition of these striped Sunbrella pillows (ours are the 18×18 in Spa Blue).
I’m not exaggerating when I say Bailey would literally move out here if she could. She’s obsessed!
Henley prefers to sleep on whatever random pile of crap she can find in our house 😉 Side note: I think all of my linen dining chairs are spoken for now, so hopefully after this week, they’ll all be gone and I can do a dining room update!
If it were possible to morph into the food you eat most, Kurtis and I would for sure be turned into caprese salads. It’s basically all we want to eat in the summer months! We had to get a bit crazy with this one since we only had huge heirloom tomatoes and small mozzarella balls (that we usually use for the grape size tomatoes). But regardless, it’s still so good! Gotta make use of all that basil I’m growing! This balsamic vinegar is expensive, but it will change your life. I’m hoping they offer a sitewide sale over the 4th so we can get another bottle!
On Saturday, we got in some much needed pool time! It had been a bit since we had been out there, and it was nice to soak up the sun and relax after such a crazy week. I’m finding so much joy in our flowers lately!
This wide-brim packable straw hat has been on my head most of the summer so far. It may be one of my all-time favorite purchases of the year. I have a giant head, too, and the L/XL fits perfectly. I love that it’s comfy to wear, is packable, and provides good coverage. Highly recommended – and it’s currently 40% off with code CHECKOUT!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some sales that have carried over from the weekend, as well a a few new additions. You can see some of my top picks here.
- ABERCROMBIE is offering up to 60% of sitewide. You can shop their sale here.
- AMAZON is hosting their first Big Style Sale with major name brands and house brands with big discounts. You can see all of the eligible items here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE is offering up to 60% off everything sitewide. Prices as marked. You can shop their sale here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering 50% off full-priced styles for loyalty members or 40% off for everyone else with code 40FORYOU. Plus get an extra 60-70% off sale styles! You can shop their sale here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering up to 70% off original prices with an extra 50% off all Tag Sale items. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up to 20% off sitewide, plus take an extra 30% off clearance items. Prices as marked – no codes required. You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering up to 60% off everything + an extra 60% off sale styles! No code required. You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering $20 off $100 or more and free shipping on $50+ with code DIG20. You can shop their site here.
- EBAY has some really great prices on certified Dysons if you weren’t aware! We currently have the V8 Animal and are obsessed with it. The Dyson store ships directly from eBay orders, and are certified refurbished and come with a six month warranty in most cases, so this will definitely be the route we go when we get another! And the prices are up to 70% off! You can shop their other sales here.
- GIBSONLOOK has given me a reader discount code for 25% off the entire new Hi Sugarplum summer collection (use SARAH25). It’s all so cute! This ruffle collar top is one of my new favorites (I got it in stripes and the Noguchi print). I got a size Large and it’s a little roomy (super comfy) so if you’re between sizes, I’d order down. I’ve also had some of these ruffled racerback tanks for a few years now and they’re still one of my favorites in the summer months! You can shop the entire collection here.
- J CREW is offering 40% off your purchase plus an extra 60% off last-chance sales styles with code CHECKOUT. I shared the below image on my Instagram Stories earlier this week when most of these items were on sale. Several still are on sale and in stock and they’re such fun, colorful finds for summer! You can shop their sales here.
Paradise T-Shirt | Bow Tie Shorts | Tassel Earrings | One Shoulder Bow Tie Bathing Suit | Blue Aviator Sunglasses | Striped Knot Headband | Tropical Silk Dress | Rainbow Tory Burch Miller Sandals | Striped Poncho Cover-Up | Wicker Bag | Ric Rac Bathing Suit | Rainbow Hoop Earrings | Tassel Embroidered Poncho Cover-Up | Flip Flops | Yellow Tory Burch Purse | Striped Tank | Drawstring Linen-Blend Shorts
- J CREW FACTORY is offering 70% off 100+ styles. This gingham tie-neck tank couldn’t be cuter – and it’s hard to pick between the red or navy! Also, this reversible tote looks like a total dream – it should always match your outfit! You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering all-star favorites starting at $8 plus 40% off full-priced styles with code HBDUSA. You can shop their sale here.
- NORDSTROM is offering up to 40% off top brands through the end of the day tomorrow, plus have a designer clearance with items marked up to 60% off. These Tory Burch leather flip flops are 40% off and almost fully stocked! They also re-stocked my favorite maxi dress (I have it in two colors) and it’s 30% off! You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY is offering 50% off all pants. Plus get 15% off your order at checkout (no code required). You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK has started their 4th of July blowout sale with 1000s of items marked up to 70% off, plus free shipping on everything! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is hosting an outdoor event with up to 50% off outdoor items! You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is offering 20% off lighting and fans, plus up to 25% off bedding, rugs, pillows, mirrors and more. You can shop their sale here.
- ROSETTA STONE is offering $100 off their unlimited language lifetime plan, making it only $199! I bought it because we’ve worked on Spanish in the past, but I bought the unlimited to learn Italian during the quarantine. They also have a sale on their monthly plans. You can shop the sale here.
- RUGS USA is hosting their Early 4th of July sale with up to 75% off. You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY is hosting a dining event sale (which includes our kitchen bar stools!) and have also added pieces to their sale section. You can see the stools in action in our summer home tour. You can shop their site here.
- TARGET is offering women’s dresses starting at $12! You can shop their sale here.
- TORY BURCH is hosting their semi-annual sale, and upped the ante with an extra 30% off sale items with code EXTRA30! There’s actually some pretty incredible deals as far as TB is concerned! These flats are some of the comfiest I own (love them for travel days!) and there are three cute prints available. I have these wedge sandals in black (they also come in navy and tan) and they’re down to $98 instead of $298! These cute Miller sandals end up being $98 with the discount, which is one of the lowest prices I’ve ever seen! They also have some solid color pairs for $105-$120. You can shop all of their sale items here.
- TUCKERNUCK has also added some new sale pieces that are all darling! The dress I wore in NY for the Better Homes & Gardens event last fall is on major sale (I wear a Large). You can shop their site here.
- WAYFAIR is hosting their 4th of July clearance sale with items marked up to 70% off. You can shop their site here.
- WEST ELM is offering up to 75% off for their end of season sale. This pendant light still gets near perfect reviews, and is one of my favorite overall looks for the price! So perfect for an entryway or in a kitchen. You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is hosting their summer sale. You can shop the sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is hosting their bedroom event with 20% off beds, nightstands, sheeting, pillows, shams, duvet covers, and more! You can shop their sale here.
- WORLD MARKET is hosting a clearance sale, with items marked up to 50% off storewide! Plus get an extra 10% off every curbside pick up order. I’m still loving the look of these outdoor chairs! You can shop their sale here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used