I hope you all had a great weekend! How are you all holding up?
Our state mostly opened up two weeks ago (with a lot of restrictions), but it still feels odd leaving our house so we’ve mostly stayed home. The few times we have ventured out, everything just feels so foreign! I’m such an expressive person, that I feel so much is lost in translation behind my mask. I probably need to start being a little less sarcastic and sassy, since people can’t see my smile or expression 😉 Learning something new each and every day in this new world!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
I also got two new pillows from Target: this striped lumbar pillow and this embroidered pillow. I threw the blue one in the mudroom. It’s just here temporarily until I put away some of my spring pillows and swap them out for some summer options. But I love both of them and it’s hard to beat the prices!
My wicker chain link object arrived last week and it couldn’t be cuter. I’m not sure if this will be it’s permanent home, but as soon as I got it, I styled it here and snapped a quick picture. I love it!
Friday I ran to the Lowe’s garden center and stocked up on a few summer plants! I got a flat of sweet potato vines (I use these in nearly every planter) and a few pop-in planters to save me a bit of time!
These pop-in refill planters work great because they’re cheaper (since they don’t have an actual pot) and are very similar to what I plant regardless. They didn’t have the exact combos I usually buy, but this one had petunias, verbena, and calibrachoa. Now I just need some potting mix, which I totally forgot to get! I’ll also likely add a sweet potato vine to this collection for some drape and length.
I also wrapped up the planters by our waterfall. The tall plants are the oleander, and then I just filled the base with petunias and sweet potato vines. These things grow wild each year, so I start really small. I know they look a little puny right now, but after a few weeks they’ll be looking pretty good!
Hoping to finish up the remainder of my planters this week so they can start thriving for summer!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
Around Town & For Fun
Despite the fact Kurtis and I are both home almost 24/7, the cats are still super clingy. You think they’d be ready for a little alone time by now! Needles to say, it’s a bit hard to work like this, but I don’t mind!
Last week was a week of non-stop meetings for me – both offsite and from my office. At one point during one of my conference calls, I felt like someone was watching me. Sure enough, it was Henley just starting because she was so mad I wouldn’t let her in. The only problem is, if one of us is on a call, she barks non-stop for attention and overpowers the call. So, I just kept getting “the stare”. 😉
My stylist had texted me the week prior and was able to start seeing clients again. Although the salon has 40 stylists, only 10 were able to return at this time due to occupancy rules. They take your temp at the door and you must bring your own face mask and wear it at all times. I hadn’t been in since January so I took her up on an appointment time! Slowly starting to feel human again, even if it’s a totally different world still.
DEN SOURCES: Linen Sectional | Indoor/Outdoor Diamond Rug | Scallop Light Fixture | Rattan Mirror (similar here) | Coffee Table | Paint Dipped Vase | Faux Greenery Stems | Striped Pillow | Hummingbird Print Pillow (fabric available here) | Woven Geometric Pillow (fabric available here) | Roman Shades
Friday afternoon, I sat outside for a few hours while Kurtis decided to jump in the pool. It’s still not quite warm enough for me to get in, but it was so nice to spend some time outside getting some fresh air!
That night we had pizza with the BFFs out on their patio and little Z had her first ice cream cone. She couldn’t get enough of it! She’s been a typical two-year-old, clinging non-stop to mom and dad, so we don’t even have to worry about her crossing the invisible 6-foot line these days 😉
Saturday and Sunday were both pretty lazy day for us. I even snuck in a nap on the sofa both days! These two, once again, were my shadows and basically slept on me both times. It was nice to have some down time after such a crazy busy work week!
We’ve been trying to eat as many meals as possible outside. And if that cats are lucky, they usually get to come out for about three minutes. Until one of them (usually Hawkeye) tries to eat grass. But, we’re loving these lunch and dinner dates outside! Hoping those continue even more as the weather improves!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some sales that have carried over from the weekend. You can see some of my top picks here.
- ABERCROMBIE is offering 40-60% off the entire store. No code required. You can shop their sale here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE is offering 25-50% off all AE and Tailgate, as well as an extra 20% off summer faves with code SUMMERFAVES! You can shop their sale here.
- AMETHYST HOME, one of my favorite local stores (that also ships nationally), is offering 15% off all gift cards as a thank you for supporting them during their closure. You can shop their site here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering 50% off one full-priced item, 60% off 2, and 70% off 3+! You can shop their sale here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering an additional 50% off sale items at checkout – no code required. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering 20% off everything! No code required – prices as marked. I’m still trying to figure out a place I can use this wicker sconce in our house! You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering 50% off dresses and men’s dress shirts, 40% off all denim, and 30% off all tees and men’s polos. Plus get an extra 40% off sale styles. You can shop their sale here.
- DAPPER DWELLING here in Omaha is the cutest apothecary-type shop that also had to close recently their physical store temporarily. But they are currently offering free shipping on all orders as well as free contactless delivery if you’re local! I’ve bought everything from local honey to organic dry shampoo to natural laundry detergent from them. You can shop their site here.
- EBAY has some really great prices on certified Dysons if you weren’t aware! We were talking about getting another one to use to keep our basement clean (I refuse to use our regular one down there!). We currently have the V8 Animal and are obsessed with it – it will even get Kurtis to vacuum occasionally 😉 The Dyson store ships directly from eBay orders, and are certified refurbished and come with a six month warranty in most cases, so this will definitely be the route we go! And the prices are up to 70% off! You can shop their other sales here.
- EVERYTHING BUT WATER is offering 20% off sitewide with a $150+ order with code 20NOW. You can shop their site here.
- FRONTGATE is offering 25% off outdoor furniture and 20% off everything else. I’m LOVING this faux lavender topiary that comes in two large sizes! You can shop their sale here.
- GAP is offering an extra 50% off markdowns (no code required) and 40% off everything else with code SOGOOD. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering 50% off dresses and skirts plus an extra 30% off sale items with code SHOPHAPPY. You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering an extra 20% off shorts, with total savings up to 70% off with code BIGDEAL. You can shop their sale here.
- JOSS & MAIN is offering up to 70% off sitewide for their 48-hour Spree Sale. You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLAND’S is offering 20% off your entire regular priced purchase with code SHOP20. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering 50% off your purchase with code SUNNY! You can shop their sale here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is offering up to 40% off bags and accessories for their Spring Into Summer sale. You can shop their sale here.
- MCGEE & CO. is offering 20% off lighting and free shipping with code DELIGHTED. You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM is hosting a clearance sale with items marked up to 60% off! You can see the women’s items and home items that have been added. My favorite denim brand just marked these skinny jeans (in three colors) on sale for 50% off! I’m also loving these woven sandals that are now 60% off (they also come in a white option)! You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY is offering up to 50% off sitewide. Plus, get 40% off if you’re a cardholder with code MYSTERY. You can shop their sale here.
- ONE KINGS LANE is offering up to 80% off sitewide. Plus get an extra 20% off the sale items at checkout with code OKL20MORE (eligible items will be marked accordingly). You can shop their sales here.
- POTTERY BARN is hosting their Outdoor Event, with outdoor items marked up to 50% off! Plus get free shipping with code SUNSHINE. They also currently have 30% off performance fabric furniture like our sofas and sectional (read my sofa review and sectional review if you’re looking for more info on either)! You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is offering 20% off select lighting, furniture, decor and more. You can shop their sale here.
- ROSETTA STONE is offering $100 off their unlimited language lifetime plan, making it only $199! I bought it because we’ve worked on Spanish in the past, but I bought the unlimited to learn Italian during the quarantine. They also have a sale on their monthly plans. You can shop the sale here.
- RUGS USA is offering up to 60% off for their Memorial Day Sale preview. You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY is offering 20% off everything to refresh your home with code ATHOME. Plus, they have tons of items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- TALBOTS is offering 50% off all shoes and accessories and 40% off everything else! You can shop their sale here.
- TARGET is offering 25% off patio items (online only), and BOGO free on swimsuits and sandals for the family! You can shop their sale here.
- TORY BURCH just added new sale styles and there are lots of really cute finds! This includes rose gold Millers that are almost fully stocked! You can shop all of their sale items here.
- TUCKERNUCK has also added some new sale pieces that are all darling! You can shop their site here.
- WAYFAIR is offering up to 65% off in the Big Outdoor Sale! They also have up to 70% off their bed and bath sale. You can shop their site here.
- WEST ELM is offering up to 60% off bestsellers. You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is offering 25% off your order (no minimum!!) and 20% off outdoor with code HOME. My wicker chain arrived and it is so cute in person! You can shop their sale here.
- WISTERIA is hosting their Memorial Day Sale with 30% off sitewide! You can shop their sale here.
- WORLD MARKET is hosting a clearance sale, with items marked up to 40% off storewide! Plus get an extra 10% off every curbside pick up order. You can shop their sale here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used