Happy Monday! I hope you all had a nice weekend! Not sure about you guys, but I feel like the difference between weekdays and weekends are a bit of blur right now. It really is hard knowing what day it is. I find myself working more just to pass the time away, yet I really don’t feel like I’m being all that productive. Can anyone else relate to that? Let’s jump into what we did around here this past week.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
I mentioned I did a little pantry refresh last weekend but didn’t get around to showing it to you. I made a few changes by shopping our house. The rug is an old Dash & Albert rug and I’m really love the little bit of personality it gives the space. We actually installed the beaded light fixture a while ago (year+?) but never had a camera lens that could fit it in the photo because the space is so tight. Now that I have a wider angle lens, I love that I can capture smaller spaces like this to share!
PANTRY SOURCES: Beaded Light Fixture | Cabinet Knobs and Pulls | Wood Boards (Homegoods – old) | Marble Tray | Paint Dipped Vase | Faux Viburnum Stems (similar here) | Motion Sensor | Blue Salt & Pepper Grinders (TJ Maxx)
We also wired this switch dimmer into the space. We then paired it with the motion sensor. It’s so nice having the lights turn on and off automatically now! And like the other Lutron products we have in our home, we can turn them off and on with our cell phones from anywhere in the world. We’re obsessed with their products!
The pantry has come a long ways from where we started less than two years ago (see below). You can read about the full kitchen makeover and FAQs for even more pantry details (including measurements, looking inside the cabinets, etc. The number one question I always get is if the footprint changed, and the answer is no! It’s the exact same square footage and space, but with cabinets and a window!
I also made a few quick changes to our guest bedroom but I’m going to wait to show you those until I share our spring home tour this week. I don’t want to give it all away! But, this coastal abstract art that I shared in last week’s Wednesday Watch List arrived and I really love it! I got the 36×36 size, but there are three other options available as well. I set it on our entryway console table to give you an idea of scale. Can’t wait to show it to you in the guest bedroom!
We spent much of the weekend deep-cleaning around our house. I think we had forgotten that we’re coming up on nearly four weeks of quarantine, and we had let the cleaning slide a bit. As much not-fun as it was, it feels good to have it done, and have a clean house again (at least for now)!
My goal this week is to get the chaos in our office tamed. It’s SO bad! We did manage to carry that coffee table down to the basement. We were going to use it in the Airbnb but will now need to store it until next year when we can get that rolling again!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
Around Town & For Fun
We’ll start with the really good news! I took Hawkeye in for a check-up on Wednesday and his levels had improved even further! We were so relieved and grateful! He seems to still be doing great. Our vet (and the hospital he was at) don’t allow owners inside, so we had to wait in the parking lot for them to come get him. He hates his carrier door closed, so he had a few minutes to peep around while we were waiting for his turn 😉
We had a few days in the 60s and 70s last week. And then we woke up to snow on Friday morning. Welcome to spring time in Nebraska!
We had lots of reading and cuddle time last week. These two little shadows always have to be laying on top of me or suctioned cup to my side. I ended up reading this book last week and thought it was really cute! It’s basically a high school rom-com and was super witty and fun to read. I really enjoyed it! I also started this book after reading a lot of great things about it but haven’t gotten too far into it. I’ll keep you posted!
I keep seeing memes about how quarantine life without children is probably super glamorous. The couple gets along, they eat fancy food, make craft cocktails each night after doing yoga and then complete craft projects in the sparkling clean houses. I’m here to tell you, that is so far from the truth (the office photos above should be proof enough)! I’ve worn makeup and done my hair once in nearly four weeks. We fight more than usual. And this is about the extent of our gourmet meals. I’ve never eaten so many carbs in my life!!
Loved getting some mail from our favorite three year old buddy! Can’t wait until we can see him and his parents again! He’s definitely getting multiple pool invites this year after this thoughtful gesture 😉
The bulk of our “free time” at home this weekend was spent binge watching Tiger King on Netflix. We were seeing daily memes about it and got sick of not knowing what they were all about. It is the most bizarre and crazy documentary. I am still in shock after watching it all. How do these people really exist?!
And a simple and easy little thing that brightened my weekend? This free screensaver on my phone from The Everygirl. They have several images to pick from for desktop, phones, tablets, etc. I love seeing the hydrangeas each time I reach for my phone! You’ll want to click over to get the preferred image and size for the device you want it for.
I hope you’re all staying happy, sane, safe and healthy!
Recent Buys & Sales
Holy crap – the Studio McGee at Target line went quickly! I got up at 5 am to shop and many of my top picks were already sold out. I did manage to snag this Block Print Doormat and two of the Floral Block Print Pillows. I’m really hoping for a big re-stock soon. I’ll let you know as soon as I see it if there is one!
Following are the sales that have carried over from the weekend! You can see my top picks here.
- ABERCROMBIE is offering 50% off their entire site and free shipping on all orders – no code required. You can shop their sale here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE is offering their AE and tailgate collections! You can shop their sale here.
- AMETHYST HOME, one of my favorite local stores (that ships nationally), is offering 15% off all gift cards as a thank you for supporting them during their closure. You can shop their site here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering 50% off full-priced shoes and accessories with code OUTFITMAKER. Plus get an extra 60% off all sale styles. You can shop their sale here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering up to 40% off their most loved jeans, shirts, and shoes. You can shop their site here.
- ATHLETA is offering 30% off your entire purchase – no code required. You can shop their sale here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering 30% off lighting, dining & kitchen, and home office items, plus 20% off everything else! You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering 50% off everything sitewide and an extra 20% off sale styles (no code required). Plus, if you’re a cardholder, you get an extra 10% off at checkout with code BRCARD. You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering free shipping on orders of $50+. Another great way to shop small this weekend! It’s a great time to try one of the wood chains that looks like the one in our living room! There’s also several other options available as well (including marble and black) – just search chain! It won’t let me link directly to that page for some reason. You can shop their site here.
- DAPPER DWELLING here in Omaha is the cutest apothecary-type shop that also had to close recently their physical store temporarily. But they are currently offering free shipping on all orders! I’ve bought everything from local honey to organic dry shampoo to natural laundry detergent from them. You can shop their site here.
- EVERYTHING BUT WATER is offering 25% off sitewide with code WFH25. You can shop their site here.
- GAP is offering 50% off everything sitewide. I’m loving this eyelet ruffle sleeve top. You can shop their sale here.
- JCPENNEY is offering up to 50% off easy spring styles. Also, these towel sets are a killer deal right now and come in several cute color options! You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering 40% off your purchase with code SPRING. You can shop their sales here. Following are some of my colorful favorites they have right now (most items come in several colors) – so happy and cheerful!
COLORFUL OUTFIT SOURCES: Pom Dress | Flower Swimsuit | Eyelet Top | Embroidered Dress | Embroidered Top | Waterfall Bead Earrings | Beaded Tassel Earrings | Striped Hoodie | Shorts | California Tee | Striped Sandals | Linen Pants | Striped Dress
- J CREW FACTORY is offering 70% off 100+ items sitewide and major markdowns on other items, as well. Plus get 60% off shoes for the family and an extra 60% off clearance items with code WOWDEAL. How cute is this new eyelet puff sleeve top?! And I’m loving these bow-waist shorts! And if you’re needing denim shorts, this pair is a really great price right now! They have white denim shorts too for the same price. You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLAND’S is offering 20% off your regular priced purchase with code HAPPYHOME. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering 40% off your purchase with code SPRING. You can shop their sale here.
- MADEWELL is offering $75 jeans and an extra 30% off sale items with code SWEETDEAL. You can shop their sale here.
- NORDSTROM is offering 15% off beauty and grooming plus up to 40% off tons of items sitewide for their Spring Sale! These unique Tory Burch Miller sandals are 40% off right now! You want to order up a half size in these. I’m eyeing the silver and the blue options! They’re also price-matching on tons of the other styles! I actually bought this jelly pair during the 25% off sale a few weeks back and love them! Also, this wine bottle chiller that was such a huge Christmas gift hit last year is now 40% off! Perfect for warm days outside! You can shop their sale items here.
- NORDSTROM RACK is hosting a spend more, spend less sale with $15 off $100, $30 off $150 or or $60 off $250. No code required – prices update at checkout. You can shop their sale here.
- OLD NAVY is offering 50% off everything sitewide! Their also offering $2 tanks for women, girls and toddlers Saturday only! You can shop their sale here.
- ONE KINGS LANE is offering 20% off your purchase sitewide (prices as marked) for their Anniversary Sale. Plus get an extra 10% off at checkout on your order of $500+. You can shop their sale here.
- PIER 1 is offering 20-30% off your purchase for members and cardholders, depending on status (use PEARL20, COBALT25 or PLATINUM30 at checkout to receive your respective discount). It’s free to join at the 20% discount level! This shutter door cabinet is so pretty! Interestingly enough, they have larger version marked down cheaper than this smaller one if you’re needing a bigger size! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is offering up to 40% off everything sitewide! Plus get free shipping with code REFRESH. These Organic Cotton Throw Pillows are a great basic at a really good price! I actually bought this palm leaf art while it was a Premier Day special on Thursday and can’t wait to get it. The price isn’t as low now, but it’s still $80 off today! You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is offering 20% off tons of items sitewide including outdoor, outdoor lighting, cabinet hardware and more. Plus use code FREESHIP for free shipping! You can shop their sale here.
- ROSETTA STONE is offering $100 off their unlimited language lifetime plan, making it only $199! I bought it because we’ve worked on Spanish in the past, but I’m hoping to pick up some Italian during the quarantine. They also have a sale on their monthly plans. You can shop the sale here.
- RUGS USA is hosting a spring cleaning sale with up to 60% off items sitewide. You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY is offering 20% off everything to refresh your home with code ATHOME. Plus, they have tons of items in their sale section. This Buffalo Check Runner Rug is too cute! You can shop their site here.
- TALBOTS is offering 30% off plus an extra 20% off sitewide for members only (it’s free to join) with code CLASSIC! How adorable are these navy blue bow loafers? You can shop their sale here.
- TARGET is offering 40% off Easter home decor. You can shop their sale here.
- TUCKERNUCK is offering 20% off sitewide with code TNUCK20. This has quickly become one of my favorite smaller stores to shop this past year! You can shop their sale here.
- WEST ELM is offering 20% off furniture and 25% off everything else with code UPGRADE. You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is offering 25% off your order (no minimum!!) and 20% off outdoor with code HOME. You can shop their sale here.
- WORLD MARKET is offering 30% off all dining room furniture, 25% off home office, and 40% off tons of outdoor items. You can shop their sale here.
I hope you all have a great weekend! Stay safe out there!
hope you all have a great week! Please stay safe out there and stay home for all non-essential tasks!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used