I hope you’ve all had a great weekend so far! I’m popping in about 12 hours early with our Weekend Recap. I have lots to share but also have another gift guide going live first thing in the morning so I thought I’d spread them out a bit. It’s going to be a crazy week ahead, but we’re really looking forward to it!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
The biggest news of the week? Our dresser was finally delivered! Guys, it took them FOUR attempts when all was said and done, but thankfully it’s here and we love it! It’s has a bit more of a gray undertone in person, but I was so excited to share it I just shot this on my iPhone when the sun was still rising yesterday after we got the mirror hung. Once I find a rug for the space, this room will finally be done!
I got the flocked tree decorated in our den and started playing around with pillows pairings. I’m loving this ivory and green combo!
I’ve very slowly been working on some updates in our smaller guest bedroom. This will actually be Kurtis’ temporary office when he’s home for a minimum of 3-4 weeks after his surgery.
I finally got the new curtains hung and the roman shades down. I’ll likely be adding shades back and installing them up pretty high (closer to the curtain rod). I obviously have some wall touch-ups to do and need to make the bed at some point 😉 But I’m enjoying taking it slow to really decide what I want to do. I may even try to get this room decorated a bit for the holidays!
I’m hoping to wrap up the rest of my Christmas decor by Wednesday so we can sit back and enjoy it all through the end of the season!
Top Sellers of the Week
Following were the top sellers across all of my channels for the past week! Those windowpane plaid pillows continue to dominate! And for some reason, Nordstrom keeps changing the URL on these cashmere sweaters. They are not sold out! They just keep moving the listing!
Around Town & For Fun
I ran into Hobby Lobby this past week to grab some ornaments while they were half of. I’d also been needing one more tree collar and found this cute option. It was usually $49 but was half off when I was there. It’s a great affordable option! You can see all my other Christmas tree collar picks here.
The sad news of the day was when I leaned over to grab some ornaments at Hobby Lobby and my sunglasses feel off my shirt where I had them hanging. One lens did not survive. Kurtis said I looked like a pirate and wanted me to share 😉
Our friends Jill and Nick had some dead space in their garage and decided to turn their little pantry closet into a full walk-in pantry. It’s going to be pretty amazing! It will be a similar shape to ours and is a great way to make use of previously un-used space! We stopped over Wednesday night after teaching Confirmation class and dinner to check out progress.
I finally started decorating our living room Christmas tree. My little assistant quickly fell asleep on the job!
We’ve also been babysitting our little cat niece, Lexi while her parents are away! She’s always so busy eating her fresh food we give her that she doesn’t even pay us much attention once fed! We love her cute little upside-down heart shape on her back!
Thursday night I had dinner with a local designer (Nancy from Pearson & Company), an editor from Traditional Home and a few of their joint friends. I got to try a new-to-me restaurant (J. Coco) and we spent hours laughing and getting to know each other. So much fun! I basically wore everything in this outfit from my Thanksgiving outfit ideas post!
OUTFIT SOURCES: Pom Pom Bobble Sweater | Black Baby Bootcut Jeans | High Heels | Velvet Hair Tie | Gold Starburst Drop Earrings | Favorite Jo Malone Cologne | Favorite Lip Liner (color is Kiss ‘N’ Tell) | Red Lip Stain (red trio set) | Tory Burch Bracelets(similar) | Faux Berry Juniper Branch Greenery
Friday afternoon, we had a meeting with our CPA who also happens to be a really close friend. As I told him, I only was willing to meet as long as we did (more QuickBooks training for our two businesses) if it meant there was beer in my future. We tried a new brewery in Elkhorn called Jukes. It was really good! The only thing we didn’t love was that our 14 oz. beers were $10 each and there weren’t any happy hour specials. We’re the cheapest eaters 😉 But it was all really good and we’ll likely be back!
Earlier this afternoon we headed to the outlet mall to do some quick shopping and grab lunch. We’re headed on vacation in about a week, and were hoping to find some summer clothes on clearance for our chubbier bodies. No such luck, but I did find so much plaid goodness at J. Crew Factory! Too bad my size was sold out in tons of things.
Most of our weekend nights looked a lot like this! Kurtis probably looked similar but over on the couch 😉 I cranked out a lot of movies and shows and it’s always so fun to veg in front of a fire with the Christmas lights on!
It’s going to be a super busy but exciting week ahead! I need to wrap up all of my Christmas decor and get it photographed. Kurtis’ parents are coming into town for the holiday and we’re hosting Thanksgiving. On Black Friday we’re headed to the Nebraska vs. Iowa game, and then Monday we’re off to Kauai to celebrate my mom’s 65th birthday and an early Christmas with my family!
I’d love to hear your Kauai suggestions! I went the year I graduated high school, but that was more than half my life ago and my friends and I weren’t even old enough to get a rental car 😉 I’d love to know of any favorites you may have on the island! We’ll be staying in the Poipu area. Lots to do before then, but we’re really looking forward to it!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some of the current sales that are still going on. I’m guessing some will carry on into early this week with all the pre-Black Friday sales going on! You can also check out my top picks from the weekend sales here.
- AMAZON has launched their Black Friday Countdown sale and have new deals launching frequently. Our Frame TV (that looks like art) is included in several sizes! You can shop all of their deals here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE is offering 40% off your entire order (including jeans and joggers) and free shipping. Prices as marked – no code required. You can shop their sale here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE has tons of sales sitewide, including 20% off candles, 50% off select tops, 30% off in-stock furniture and decor, 30% off select jeans and pants, an extra 25% off sale items, and much more! You can shop their sale here.
- BAUBLE BAR is offering 25% off full-priced items with code FESTIVE25. It’s a great time to stock up on gifts for others or yourself! It includes these starburst drop earrings I’ve been wearing and love so much! You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMINGDALE’S is offering an extra $25 off every $125 spent (online only), including beauty. You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering free shipping on all orders and $25 off a purchase of $100 or more with code THANKS25! It’s a great time to get one of their wood link chains if you’ve ever been interested in one! You can shop their sale here.
- BODEN is offering 30% off your entire order, and free shipping and returns on orders over $49. No code required. You can shop their sale here.
- GAP is offering 50% off everything if you’re a cardholder with code CARD50. If you’re not a cardholder, use code FORTY for 40% off your entire purchase! You can shop their sale here.
- JCPENNEY is hosting their race to Black Friday event with an extra 25% off your $100 purchase with code 4HOLIDAY. It’s a great time to try (or gift) these vests I featured in my Wednesday Watch List! You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering 30% off their top winter picks for women, men and children with code BRRR. You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering 50% off tons of items sitewide (prices as marked). You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLANDS is hosting their Black Friday Deals, with 20% off your entire purchase (and savings up to 65% off) with code EARLY. You can shop their sale here.
- KOHL’S is hosting their Friends & Family Sale with 25% off your purchase with code YOUGET25. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering 50% off your entire purchase if you’re a cardholder or Rewards member, or 40% off your entire purchase with code GIFTYOURSELF. You can shop their sale here.
- MACY’S has started their Black Friday deals and are also offering an extra 20% off your purchase (10-15% off certain departments) with code SCORE. You can shop their sale here.
- MADEWELL is offering 25% off your entire purchase with code STARTEARLY on items marked with the code! You can shop their sale here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is hosting a buy more, save more sale with 15% off $50+, 20% off $100+, and 25% off $250 with code GIFTMORE! It’s my favorite place to find travel gear, unique gifts, and all things monogrammed! Shop their sale here.
- MCGEE & CO. is offering 20% off sitewide for the Black Friday Event with code SNOWWHATFUN. Several of you have asked if our entryway console table and nightstands ever go on sale and this is one of the few times of year you can get a discount! They’re also slightly on sale here and here without the handling fee, so it may be a wash if you have a preferred place to order. You can shop their site here.
- MINTED is offering 15% off holiday cards with code JOYFUL19. I’m not sure I’ll be sending out cards this year, but this is typically my preferred place to order! You can shop their sale here.
- NORDSTROM has added tons of new items to their sale sections. This cashmere sweater is a favorite year after year (I have the camel color) and is down 33% from $98 right now. It makes such a great gift and comes in come many color options! My favorite affordable peacoat is back in three colors and the price is pretty hard to beat! I would argue it does not run large and just to order your normal size to accommodate sweaters, etc. They’re also price-matching the Anthropologie sale on candles so you can see tons of sale options here (including Capri Blue brand)! I’ve heard amazing things about this fir & firewood candle so I’m planning to order it this weekend! They are also offering it in a mini size if you want to try it out! You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY is hosting their pre-Black Friday sale with 50% off your purchase for cardholders with code VIP (works for Gap & Banana Republic cardholders too). You can shop their sale here.
- PIER 1 is offering 20% off your entire full-price purchase with code OFF20. You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is hosting their pre-Black Friday sale with up to 40% off all in-stock items. You can also get free shipping with code FREESHIP. These pom throws are some of our favorites (so soft!) and make such a great gift – and they’re $20 off! I’ve had these popular buffalo check pillow covers (in all three colors) for years now and still love them! The grid mirror I got for our master bedroom to go above the new dresser (it finally arrived!) is also on sale. You can shop their sale here.
- QVC is offering $10 off your first purchase with code TAKE10 in addition to tons of Black Friday deals sitewide. It would make this faux fiddle leaf fig tree an even better steal! See my review of it here. You can shop their sale here.
- RUGS USA is hosting their Black Friday Preview sale with up to 75% off their rugs! This is the highest discount I’ve seen from them yet this year! That means our new entryway rug is on major sale! You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY is offering up to 30% off all lighting! You can shop their sale here.
- TARGET has started their pre-Black Friday sales! Get $10 off a $40 clothing/shoes/more purchase. Plus, take an extra 15% off select throw pillows/throws and 25% off one select furniture piece (online only) when you add to your cart and check out! These navy blue buffalo plaid stools we used a few years ago are back and included in the sale (they’ll take an extra 25% off at checkout)! They always look so cute in pairs! The wool windowpane throw pillows I’ve talked so much about are fully stocked again, on sale, and get an extra 15% off at checkout! These are the ones with zipper closure so you can add your own inserts and they look so much more high-end! The also have BOGO 50% off window coverings, 30% off indoor and outdoor rugs, and tons more! You can shop their sale here.
- TORY BURCH has added tons of new items to their sale section. These gold sparkle ballet flats would be so perfect for the holidays! You can shop all the items here.
- WAYFAIR is has started their Early Access Black Friday sale with items marked up to 80% off. These star pendant lights are a total steal right now! We have a similar one in our powder bath and love it! You can shop their sale here.
- WEST ELM is hosting a pre-Black Friday sale with items up to 70% off as well as an extra 30% off clearance with code SWEET. These darling pillows that look like my Serena & Lily ones are also on sale! Also, these stockings are too cute! You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is also hosting a pre-Black Friday sale with items up to 70% off. They also have 20% off peppermint barks today only! You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is also hosting a pre-Black Friday sale with items up to 70% off. I personally think their tartan pillows are the best you can find anywhere for the holidays! They nail them every year! You can shop their sale here.
- WORLD MARKET is offering 40% off all furniture and free shipping on orders over $75. That includes our office desks that we love so much! I’m still really wanting to try this chair somewhere. So chic, and the savings are pretty unreal! You can shop their sale here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used