Sharing my 2020 Amazon Prime Day top picks from both Amazon and other retailers across the internet!
Good morning! I’m starting bright and early today because one of the biggest shopping days of the year is here – Prime Day! And the best part is, there are sales all over the internet because competitors don’t want Amazon to have all the fun. Today I’ll be sharing my top picks from both Amazon and other sites!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Amazon Prime Day is one the biggest sale days Amazon holds each year. This year it is actually two days and runs through tomorrow night. You do have to be an Amazon Prime member to take advantage of many of the deals, but you can also get a free trial if you’re not already a member!
2020 Amazon Prime Day Top Picks
In full disclosure, the sale can feel extremely overwhelming (there is so much on sale)! I’ve even had extra time to prepare and I still find it hard to get through all of it. But, I’m narrowing down some of my top picks below from items that we already own or plan to buy! At the end of the post, I’ll also be sharing finds from other retailers that you may want to check out! I’ll also continue to add more deals to this page as I find them. I think you’ll quickly see though that electronics are the big winners this year. Please note: some Prime Day deals are limited time offers only that do not last the full 48 hour period and prices are subject to change. Prices are accurate as of the time this post was published.
- Apple AirPods Pro. These are my surprise favorite of 2020. Kurtis bought them for me for Valentine’s Day because he thought I’d love them, and admittedly, I wasn’t convinced. But I literally use them several hours a day and couldn’t love them more! I have the Pro version (love that they have a sound-cancelling feature) but the regular versions are supposed to be pretty great too! I believe this is the lowest price they have ever been down to! Following are our favorite accessories too:
- I use this charging station at my desk and love it! It works for my iPhone, AirPods Pro, and an Apple Watch (which I don’t have). But I love that it props my phone up so I can see the screen, and it only requires one outlet to charge all three items! It’s currently the lowest price I’ve ever seen it for – and it has a $5 coupon you can clip!
- I use this case and Kurtis just got this one. They’re nice to have to make sure the charging case doesn’t break if you drop them, but also if you need a hook to latch the charging case onto!
- Kurtis loves these AirPods ear hooks (I’ve never tried them). He wears them all the time, but especially loves them while working out so they don’t fall off his ears. They’re also great if they don’t fit your ear well.
- Get two Echo Dots for only $39.98 (less than half price)! We have one in our kitchen, one in our den, and one in our workout room and we get so much use out of them! We have the white “sandstone” color and they’re so discreet – and are so handy for playing music, turning on our lights (with our Lutron system), telling us when a package is on our front porch, asking random facts, making grocery lists, etc.!
- Speaking of Lutron, we have had this system (and a bunch of their lamp dimmers) for years, all over our home, and if you asked either of us who are favorite smart home brand is, we’d 100% say Lutron! You can control your lights with your phone (anywhere in the world), Alexa, the remotes – so many possibilities. They also allow you to dim your lights (this is how I also dim and run our Christmas trees). And they don’t require special light bulbs or fixtures! You can save about $42 at checkout on this kit right now.
- This is when I always renew my magazine subscriptions! I still love getting physical copies in the mail and right now is the best time to subscribe. It’s also a great time to get them for gifts. A few of my favorites (all clickable):
- We have a version of this MyQ Smart Garage Door Opener Hub and it’s one of our favorite smart items from the past five years or so! Ours is an older model, but this one allows you to open/close your garage in the app (so handy if you’re already in bed). You can also allow Amazon packages to be delivered in your garage if you want! Our garage door opener is on the older side and it was compatible, but you’ll want to review the specs to make sure yours will work with it. Highly recommended if it does!
- I bought this diffuser oil about a month ago after a friend highly recommended it. It smells EXACTLY like one of my favorite colognes, and it’s 20% off right now! Such a good scent for fall that reminds me of a fancy spa.
- If you love to read, I can’t say enough good things about my Kindle Paperwhite e-reader! It reads like real paper indoors and outdoors, so it’s perfect for vacation or reading outside! It’s lightweight and I’ve found it to hold a charge extremely well. It’s currently $50 off and the best price I’ve seen!
- This super popular gold lantern pendant light is 20% off today! The price is pretty crazy and the review photos make it look so good! I also ordered these scallop flush mount light fixtures for a project and can’t wait to see them! Both such great designer looks for less from this post with even more favorites!
- Looking for creative gift ideas for any reason/season? Be sure to check out the gifting hub. So many fun ideas!
- Save up to 40% off Le Creuset products. We’ve been eying the Skinny Griddle for some time and this price is $10 lower than I’ve ever seen it before.
- Get up to 33% off DJI drone and cameras! This is the brand of drone we have and couldn’t be happier with it. I didn’t have to do tons of research before buying it because my brother had already done all the work, and it came highly recommended from him, as well! Although our exact model isn’t on sale, their products are top-notch.
- Most Ring Doorbell models are on major sale. We can’t say enough good things about ours! We have an older model (Ring Video 2) but most of their models get incredible reviews!
- Kurtis loves his Amazon Fire, especially while traveling. This is how he prefers to watch movies on the go. They’re perfect for kids too, because they have an iPad vibe at a fraction of the cost – especially right now!
- Samsung is offering limited time deals on their TVs right now, including the Frame TV!
- The cute wood bead garland we have on our coffee table is 20% off for Prime Day!
- The 23andMe Health + Ancestry Service is always a super popular gift idea, especially now while it’s 50% off!
- Save up to 58% off InstantPot products.
- Get up to 40% off Bose Bluetooth Portable Speakers. We have two Bose SoundLink Revolve speakers we take out to our pool, and they’ve essentially replaced the need for a built-in sound system! Talk about a cost savings!
- These packable puffer coats always get rave reviews, and most colors and sizes are 25% off right now, making them under $40! I ordered the navy blue and I’m excited to give it a try.
- Up to 40% off on Foreo, BaBylissPRO, T3 and more! My T3 hair dryer I love so much is included in the sale!
- Save 30% off NEST Fragrances! This designer candle/diffuser brand is also sold at places like Nordstrom. Their grapefruit scent is one of my all-time favorites! For some reason it says the prices don’t update on these until check-out, so just keep that in mind as you’re shopping!
- Get up to 30% off Canon camera products! Lots of great prices on DSLR bodies and lenses if you’re in the market for one!
- Kendra Scott is offering 20% off their products on Amazon today! It’s a great time to pick up some gifts for the holidays. You can shop their Amazon store here.
- Save up to 30% off Safavieh, Nuloom, and Nourison Rugs. This Jute Area Rug is a pretty incredible price right now and comes in a variety of shapes and sizes. And this rug has been one of the most popular for the last several years – it looks good with so many decorating styles!
- Save up to 38% off iRobot Roomba Vacuums! We’re seriously considering one of these for our upper floor (where all the carpet is).
- Save up to 58% off Shark Vacuums.
- Save up to 20% off handcrafted gifts and decor if you’re wanting to shop small!
- You can see all of their fashion deals here. These highly rated v-neck sweaters are only $13 right now and they come in a bunch of colors and patterns!
SOURCES: Martha Stewart Living Magazine | Real Simple | Jute Area Rug | Le Creuset Skinny Griddle | Packable Puffer Coat | Kendra Scott Necklace | Kendra Scott Bracelets | NEST Grapefruit 3-Wich Candle | Moroccan Rug | T3 Hair Dryer | Gold Lantern Pendant Light | Kindle Paperwhite | Bose SoundLink Revolve | Apple AirPods Pro | AirPods | Echo Dots | MyQ Smart Garage Door Opener Hub
Other Amazon Favorites
Following are even more Amazon items worth checking out. Although many aren’t part of Prime Day, several are still on sale!
If you’re on the hunt for a cute or unique Advent Calendar, be sure to check out some of these below.
ADVENT CALENDAR SOURCES: Farm Animals | Fisher-Price Nativity | Thomas the Train | Disney Storybook | OPI Nail Polish | Mini Fruit Spreads & Honey | Dinosaurs | Harry Potter LEGO | Friends | Wire Puzzle | Star Wars LEGO | Charm Bracelet | Following the Star Nativity Story | Slime Kit | Marvel
And while not necessarily all on sale, here are some other Amazon finds I have and/or love. These Amazon fall decor finds are all so good!
SOURCES: Striped Pillow with Faux Leather | Cableknit Blanket | Faux Olive Stems | Wood Recipe Stand | Buffalo Check Throw | Candle Wick Trimmer | Wood Beads with Tassel | Striped Napkins | Wood Serving Boards | White Mini Faux Pumpkins | Welcome Mat Set | Paint Dipped Ottoman Pouf | Paint Dipped Ladder
And here are a few items from around our home that we love that are also from Amazon! You can read more about these items in my post on Amazon Home Decor Favorites!
SOURCES: Bone Beads | Glass Beads | White & Wood Trays | White Ceramic Vase (also available here) | Faux Maidenhair Fern Stems | Manzanita Branch | Bead Chandelier | White Capri Blue Candle | Candle Wick Trimmer | ‘Dream Decor’ Coffee Table Book | ‘The Color Teil’ Coffee Table Book | Pair of White Ceramic Lamps | Wood Cookbook Holder | Weekly Planner Pad | White Jute Rug | Pillowtop Bench | Wood Beads with Tassel | Recycled Glass Vase
Additional “Prime Day” Sales At Other Retailers
Every other retailer in America isn’t going to allow Amazon to get all the action! Here are some other major sales happening at other retailers! More competitions means even better deals for all of us – and I think you’ll find the competition strongest at Target and Walmart.
- J. CREW is offering up to 75% off customer favorites, 35% off most full-price items, plus an extra 60% off sale styles with code THEBEST. Cardholders can still save an additional 20% off at checkout (must be logged in) with code CARDLOVE. I know they’re not necessarily a direct Amazon competitor, but the sale is too good not to mention (and I’d rather buy my clothes here)! See some of my top fall picks in this post and this post – many of them are in the sale! You can shop their sale here.
- MADEWELL is offering 20% off $100+ and 30% off $200+ with code SPREETIME! Shop their sale here.
- SHOPBOP is hosting their Fall Event with 15% off $200+, 20% off $500+, and 25% off $800+ with code FALL20! If you love designer pieces, this is a great time to buy! Plus, you can get free shipping with Prime! You can shop their site here.
- TARGET is hosting Deal Days during the same period as Prime Day. Expect a lot of competition here! And if you aren’t already a Target Circle member (it’s free to join), there are even more deals online only! You can shop their sale here.
- Their home deals are pretty incredible with up to 50% off dining room furniture, up to 45% off living room furniture, up to 40% off rugs, 30% off fire pits, and much more!
- The wingback bed that looks almost identical to ours in our bedroom is 20% off thru Wednesday! It has nearly perfect reviews!
- Get BOGO 50% off select boots for the family (today only)!
- WALMART is hosting their Big Sale Event, also during Prime Day. You can shop their sale here.
As I mentioned, I’ll continue to update this page over the next two days to include any additional deals I find. Happy shopping!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used