Good morning! I hope you all had a great weekend! Ours was a busy one, but we’re excited the weather is starting to warm up again. I’m really hoping to get a few planters going this week! Here’s what else we’ve been up to the past week or so.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
We gave laundry stripping a try since it’s all the rage lately. I used my friend Kris’ laundry strip recipe. You can read her post to see why we were so excited to try it!
Is it weird we were hoping for grosser water? Ha! After six hours, the water honestly didn’t look that much worse than when we started. I texted Kris and she said so much can depend on the water you have in your home (and how much build-up it causes). But we feel good knowing our sheets are much cleaner now!
The guys finally came back on Tuesday to finish opening the pool. After a few days, we didn’t notice the water quality getting any better. Kurtis assumed the filters were just dirty so he took them out to clean them. Turns out the guys totally forgot to add the filters. Yeah, that was a fun day!
Thankfully it’s starting to clear up after Kurtis added filters, but we’re still having some other issues with the system now. We’re hoping we can get some answers once they open today!
But in other news, we had a duck couple promptly back to visit. For their safety (and the safety of our pool) we have to scare them off every time we see them. They have a pond nearby and we need to make sure they nest over there rather than near our pool! It’s an annual battle and typically lasts a week or two 😉
I bought some new landscaping lights a few weeks back and have been testing them. I took this photo with my iPhone so it makes them look a little brighter than they are (I have them on the low setting so they last longer), but I’m really happy with them! You’ll remember I found some at Lowe’s a few years ago I loved! But the new model last year wasn’t doing it for me so I searched for more. These new ones definitely seem brighter! I have a mix of the two sets in the pic below, but I can immediately tell which are which. The one thing I don’t love as much on this new set is they don’t have a battery back-up (so you definitely need to put them in sunny spots) and the charging cell isn’t moveable, so you definitely have to play around with angles a bit. But I love how they look at night – and it’s so much less expensive than hardwired sets!
Hoping we can fully get the pool back up and running this week!
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers of the past week across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
Okay, so let’s talk about the patio set. Between Instagram, Facebook, my blog and email I don’t think I’ve ever received so many questions! This set is hot. From what I can tell, they are only selling it this year as the full set (last year they also offered just the chairs and just the sofas, as well). The full set has come back in stock multiple times this spring, but is selling out within minutes (most times before they send out the in-stock notification emails). There were a bunch of people that were actually able to buy it last week though! I would recommend making sure your correct local store is set, because those that found it ordered it online but picked up in store because their local store had a set. I think they’re experiencing a lot of the other inventory issues many other retailers are. And on top of that, virtually every blogger on the planet now owns it and is also promoting it. Long story short, if you want it, I’d check the site frequently, and if it’s available, I’d check out as fast as you can! Hopefully once the spring demand dies down a bit, we’ll see them staying in stock a bit longer! I’ll continue to share if I see them in stock though!
Around Town & For Fun
Kurtis turned the big 44 yesterday! So, he mapped out our entire weekend and it was a lot of fun!
First on his list was heading to Blackstone District to go to Scriptown. We had been since pre-lockdown and it was fun to get back out!
Of course we had to order a Noli’s pizza while we were there. We dug in so fast, my photo is after our first pieces were devoured. We had never tried their caprese pizza and it was off the charts good. Like maybe one of the best pizzas I’ve ever had. EVER! We topped the afternoon off with homemade ice cream from Coneflower!
Sunday, we had to go check on our kitty niece. Afterwards we hit up Backlot for lunch and then went for a little drive. The trees are starting to bud and bloom and looked so pretty! I’m loving all the lime green mixed with pink!
We then went to my happy place! Lanoha was having their spring open house and apparently every other person in Omaha decided to go as well. The weather was beautiful (despite the wind) and it was so great to see all the beautiful blooms and plants again!
We always love when they have Plinko to try and earn a discount. But honestly, it’s not nearly as fun with COVID rules where we just tell them where to drop the discs 😉
I was able to earn a 25% off discount, so I picked up a few things. I didn’t go too crazy because our sprinklers haven’t been turned back on yet, and it’s supposed to be close to 90 degrees out today!
Here’s Hawkeye modeling behind one of the pillows in this affordable set that I got last week! The inserts aren’t super full, but considering the price, they work great! The covers also have zippers so if you ever wanted to upgrade the inserts, they’re still a great price!
Kurtis took today off of work for his birthday, so we’re hoping to at least lounge around the pool even if we can’t get in it. Looking forward to the extreme heat and a little sunshine!
I’m also wrapping up our garage reveal post and plan to share that with you tomorrow on the blog!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are the sales from the weekend that are still going strong (some have even gotten better!). You can see my top sale picks from the week here.
- AMAZON has a number of deals sitewide in the Daily Deals section. These pillow insert pairs I’ve been using lately have an 6% coupon you can clip as of the time of this post going live! Remember to order 2″ larger inserts than your pillow covers for the best designer look! You can shop their sales here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE is offering 25% off jeans and shorts! You can shop their sale here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering 50% off spring must haves with code MUSTHAVES! You can shop their site here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering 20% off gifts moms will love, plus an extra 25% off sale items! No code required. The sale includes Capri Blue Volcano candles & scented lotion/oil/etc.! You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up 20% off indoor furniture and home accents. You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering up to 50% off curated styles and an extra 60% off clearance styles. No code needed. You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering $25 off $125+ with code EARTH25. You can shop their site here.
- BODEN is offering 15% off full-priced items at checkout (no code required) and free shipping on orders of $49+. You can shop their site here.
- GAP is offering 40% off with code TREAT and an extra 10% off at checkout with code PERK (some exclusions apply). You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering 25% off your purchase with code COUNTDOWN. They also have 40% off select women’s tops and dresses. You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering 40% off the whole site, plus an extra 20% off $100+ with code BIGFUNSALE You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLAND’S is offering 25% off one regular-priced purchase and free shipping on all orders with code PICKONE. How cute is the pair of outdoor pillows?! You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering buy one, get one 70% off full-priced styles with code SPREE. You can shop their site here.
- LULULEMON has a number of new items in their sale section, including some new Align and Wunder leggings! You can shop their sale here.
- MADEWELL is offering an additional 30% off sale styles with code BLOOMING. You can shop their site here.
- MARK & GRAHAM has added to their clearance section, with tons of items marked up to 70% off. My favorite oversized striped cheese board is $30 off in most colors! You can shop their site here.
- MARSHALL’s has a number of deals sitewide. You can shop their site here.
- MICHAELS is offering 20% off all regular priced purchases with code 20MADEBYYOU, plus tons of deals sitewide! You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM has a number of new markdowns sitewide. And the Jo Malone Cologne I featured in my Mother’s Day Gift Guide is 15% off right now! It rarely goes on sale! They have a great price on these Mini Miller Sandals, too! You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY is offering up to 50% off storewide and 25% off your order at checkout (no code required). You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK is hosting hosting a Spring Black Friday sale with up to 70% off 1000s of items and free shipping on everything! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN has a number of items marked up to 50% off in their clearance section. I know many of you were waiting for a buy more save more sale, but it looks like they’re carrying this no-sales thing into the second quarter. Apparently they’ve had a surge in demand and so many furniture orders and have such a backlog, they won’t being doing sales for some time. Just wanted to pass that along if you’ve been waiting! You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY has added a number of items to their sale section and is offering free shipping on everything with code EXPLORE. We have several versions of these laminated trays, and get so much use out of them! You can shop their site here.
- TARGET is offering up to 50% off select home items! My favorite Block Print Doormat is almost half off! You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX is has a number of deals sitewide! I love this Pair of Table Lamps! You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH has added a bunch new pieces to their sale section. Loving this quilted version of my favorite ballet flats! You can shop their site here.
- TUCKERNUCK has added some new sale pieces that are all darling per usual! You can shop their site here.
- VANITY PLANET is offering an extra 50% off sitewide with code TREATYOURMOM. You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is hosting their Clearance Event with up to 75% off tons of items sitewide. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is also hosting their Winter Clearance Event with up to 50% off 100s of items sitewide. You can shop their site here
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used