Holy cow! Where did the entire holiday break go? I’m still having a hard time believing tomorrow is already three weeks since Kurtis’ surgery. They time totally flew by. But I’m ready for the new year and the fresh new start it brings!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
I spent most of the week prepping for our weekend visitors, and then the second they left on Sunday, I started tearing down some of our Christmas decor. When you start decorating in late October/early November, it feels good to finally get to take it all down – even if everything feels super bare!
Kurtis and I spent some time last week really working on goals and what we want to achieve this year. We made a few big goals for the house too, so I’ll plan to share more details on that, as well, once we can iron out the plans a bit further.
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers across all of my channels for the past week!
Around Town & For Fun
On New Year’s Eve, we headed down to Jill and Nick’s house. We had to take a picture before we left just to compare it to ten years ago. We didn’t have a New Year’s Eve photo from 2009, but all the photos around it prove just how old we look now versus then!!
Here we are in 2009 for comparison (only a few days off of NYE). Wow.
We had dinner and then played What Do You Meme? It was shockingly hilarious and inappropriate at the same time, so we were glad we were playing it with them versus family! Zoe had fun while we were eating but didn’t get to join in on the game fun since it was her bed time 😉
Bailey did a lot of resting too. She’s gone back to using the mantel legs as her pillow. Which basically looks like the least comfortable place to lay in our entire house 😉
Kurtis had his first two physical therapy appointments last week. On Thursday I really dressed up for the occasion and one of our friends (to remain nameless) asked if I was undercover with my leftover NYE hair, a hat and aviators I was wearing to hop on Instagram stories for the first time in a few weeks 😉
We hosted Kurtis’ side of the family for Christmas over the weekend. It was a really fun weekend and was the first time we had all been together since our pool party the end of July. We managed to squeeze in a family picture with my iPhone and very rigged tripod for it but it turned out great and I’m glad we took the time to take it!
We gave our nieces and almost nephew cash and gift cards. To spice up the giving process a bit, I bought these puzzle cubes they had to solve before they could get their gifts. It was fun for all the adults to watch them too!
Hawkeye and Henley don’t always love all the people in our house, especially when things get loud. But Bailey soaks up every ounce of attention she can get!
Kurtis is still healing well, but also still has very limited mobility due to the crutches. He’s starting back at work today, but will mostly be working from home because of the crutches. He has some meetings this morning, though, so I have to drive him downtown for a few hours and wait for him. We’re hoping he gets cleared to drive at his doctor’s appointment later this week! Not sure that will happen, but one can hope 😉 I have to go to Vegas the end of this week for a conference, so that could get interesting if he doesn’t. Lots of Uber rides in his future 😉
We’re officially locking it down with food and alcohol for the next six weeks or so until Kurtis’ company trip. We (along with our friends) are giving up alcohol for the month and I’m starting back on FASTer Way to Fat Loss. Start days always make you question if your decision was the right one 😉 But I think we’re ready to stop feeling like slugs around here and get back at it! Especially after lounging around so much these past few weeks. It will feel good to start feeling productive again!
Recent Buys & Sales
Almost everything in the current version of this look is on sale right now! It’s one of my favorite looks for winter! I had put this together last year, and found almost identical options for the pieces that are no longer available (basically the current version at the same stores).
Following are the sales that are still going on from the weekend!
- ABERCROMBIE is offering 50-70% off all clearance items. You can shop their sale here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE has marked all clearance items under $20. You can shop their sale here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering 25% off bedding, bath, furniture and home decor. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering 25% off all indoor furniture, and 20% off for their White Sale. You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering an extra 50% off sale styles plus 40-60% off tons of other items. You can shop their sale here.
- GAP is offering up to 75% off everything, and an additional 60% off markdowns with code MORE. You can shop their sale here.
- JCPENNEY is offering 60% off $100+ or 40% off $40+ select regular priced items, and 25% select clearance and sale items. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering an additional 40% off sale items with code EXTRA40. You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering an extra 60% off clearance with code HAPPYCLOSET. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering 60% off made-for-winter styles and all sale styles! You can shop their sale here.
- MADEWELL is offering an additional 40% off sale styles with code MEGAMEGA. You can shop their sale here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is offering up to 70% off in their winter sale! Shop their sale here.
- MCGEE & CO. is offering 20% off all baskets, bins, trays and canisters to help you get organized for the new year! You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM has added some new items to their sale section and are also price-matching all Anthroplogie items (including Capri Blue Candles)! You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY is offering winter faves for the fam at 60% off today only. You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is offering 20% off your order and free shipping with code NEWYEAR. You can shop their sale here.
- RUGS USA is offering up to 80% off everything plus fast free shipping! You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY is hosting their tent sale, with items marked 30-70% off! And for a limited time, get an EXTRA 20% off sale items with code HURRY. You can shop their sale here.
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off home items, plus an extra 15% off bedding, bath and storage. You can shop their sale here.
- TORY BURCH is hosting their semi-annual sale with an ADDITIONAL 25% off sale items with code EXTRA! You can shop their sale here.
- WAYFAIR is hosting an end of year clearance, with items marked up to 75% off. You can shop their sale here.
- WEST ELM is offering up to 30% off sitewide for in stock items. You can shop their sale here.
- WISTERIA is offering up to 50% off for their annual winter sale, plus get an extra 10% off your order with code BONUS10. You can shop their sale here.
- WORLD MARKET is offering up to 60% off during their huge furniture event that ends today. You can shop their sale here.
I hope you all have a wonderful first full week of 2020!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used