I hope you all had a great weekend! Coming off of vacation, it was a short week for us, but actually felt like a long one because of how much we had going on! Last night I looked at Kurtis and said “Wait. Did we just get home on Monday this week?!” It legitimately felt like two weeks ago!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
With Kurtis’ hip surgery this week, I knew we had to tackle a bunch of little projects that had been on our to-do list for some time. Since he’ll likely be out of commission for most of these things until February, we got to work over the weekend. Nothing major, just things that required lifting, shifting and moving things around.
I finally ordered a rug pad for our dining room a few months ago, and it had been sitting it it’s package ever since. So, we cleared everything out of the dining room to finally put it down. Since we’re hosting Christmas, I didn’t want to delay it any longer.
It’s always such a process to clear all the furniture out and get it back in place. But it feels so good to have this one checked off our list!
Now a question for you guys! Our dining room chandelier has started to patina/age but I’m thinking it may just needed to be polished like silver? Over the past month or two, these fingerprints from the original install (which I had cleaned off years ago) have started showing up. I’m guessing the oils started coming through? It’s like a purple haze around the areas. No idea, but it’s driving me crazy, and it’s not working for me to just wipe them off. I’d love to know if you use a non-abrasive product you love that might fix this!
We then moved our office rug up into our bedroom because the jute wasn’t working great with the rollers on our chairs. Not sure which direction I’ll go yet in the office, but our bedroom already looks so much better!
We also moved the cabinet in our entryway to a new home in our house. I think I’ll wait to share where it’s going and what will replace it here in the entryway. But, since I know Kurtis wouldn’t be able to help me move everything for a while, we did it this weekend even though we’re a ways out from the new piece arriving! I’ll be sure to share the design plans for the space where the cabinet was moved to soon!
I also did a super easy, mini makeover on our master bathroom that I’ll be sharing on Thursday. It seems like any time a new year draws to a close, I always won’t to cross a project like this off my list to start the new year off right!
Today I have to put the finishing touches on Kurtis’ “new room” before his surgery tomorrow. We’re trying to put together a home base for him in our little guest bedroom where he can sleep, work, use the bathroom, etc. This mostly involves me cleaning out all the crap I’ve been storing in there for the past few months 😉
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers across all of my channels for the past week! I’m actually including the past two weeks, since I didn’t share a Weekend Recap last week. Here are the top sellers for 12/1-7.
And here are the top sellers for 12/8-14.
It was funny to see that two weeks ago, it was almost all home items. And then this past week it was almost all fashion items!
Around Town & For Fun
We left Kauai last Sunday night and didn’t arrive home until Monday night. I’m planning to write a full post of everything we did and would recommend. I took this photo our first morning there when my entire family was working out, and I was just strolling the property. The rainbows on Kauai are unbelievable!
And if you ever have mistakenly made the assumption that I’m always put together, here was my look from the Minneapolis airport until we got home Monday night. Flip flops seemed like a good idea until we got to much snowier/colder climates. So I had to put on my Barefoot Dreams socks with them. And yes – I really walked around like this despite all the strange looks I was getting. I hate being cold!
Tuesday night, Kurtis had a work party with his peers and boss. As I mentioned in my Wednesday Watch List last week, I wore this tartan plaid puff-sleeve top. I paired it with these starburst earrings, black jeans, and Tory Burch wedge heels (old, but similar style here).
Such a great group of people! Nearly half of them flew in from other parts of the country and it was so great to see everyone outside of our one time a year on their company trip!
You may recall I mentioned little Hawkeye hurt his front right leg a few weeks back. It seemed to get better while we were gone and he was on medication. But it ended up getting worse last week. We ended up having to take him in to the vet for xrays. While he was there, they didn’t find any broken bones or arthritis so it’s likely just strained or pulled and he’s now on Prednisone. They also found he has some stones they’re trying to break up with a prescription food. Hopefully that works or he’ll have to have surgery in January. Poor little buddy! He’s been my cute little shadow since we got home, and follows me everywhere even with his limp.
Saturday night, we had our annual Christmas dinner with Kurtis’ sister and brother-in-law. We always eat at M’s Pub downtown in the Old Market, look at Christmas lights, and then play cards and have dessert/drinks at one of our houses.
I also mentioned this black watch plaid top in my Wednesday Watch List last week, and wore it for our night out. And because it worked the first time around, I ended wearing the same starburst earrings, black jeans, and Tory Burch wedge heels (old, but similar style here). But it was so freaking cold out, I had to wear real socks with the wedges – even if they looked completely ridiculous! Are you having flashbacks of me at the airport yet?!? 😉
Downtown Omaha always looks so beautiful this time of year!
You can never go wrong with M’s Pub during the holidays. Always so festive and beautiful!
We headed back to our house afterwards for cheescake and some intense games of Euchre. It’s always one of our favorite nights of the year!
Sunday, after wrapping up all our tasks around the house, Jill, Nick and Zoe came over for a visit. Nick and I had added whipped cream to our coffees and Zoe really wanted some. So we gave her a tea cup with some. She took eating it very seriously. I was dying of laughter. Every time she took a bit (very aggressively) she would get the biggest smirk on her face.
She also got to spend time with her real favorites – our cats.
Just had to share this photo because it captures the barricade we always have to build at the end of the hallway so she can’t go up or down the stairs 😉
Kurtis has his hip surgery for his torn labrum tomorrow. He’ll likely be home for the next six weeks or so, so things may get a little interesting around here as we both try to work from home 😉 We’d appreciate any thoughts and prayers you can send his way for a successful surgery and healing! Thank you!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some of the sales that have carried over from the weekend! You can see my top picks in this post, many of which are still on sale.
- ABERCROMBIE is offering 50% off the entire site – no code required – prices as marked! Plus, some styles are an extra 15% off. These side-snap crewneck sweatshirts look super cute and cozy! You can shop their sale here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE is offering 50% off tons of items sitewide – prices as marked! You can shop their sale here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering 30% off your entire purchase! No code required – prices update at checkout. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up to 25% off everything! You can shop their sale here.
- BAUBLE BAR is offering 25% off everything with code GIFT25. It includes these starburst drop earrings I’ve been wearing and love so much! You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMINGDALE’S is offering 25% off items marked 25% OFF. No code required. You can shop their sale here.
- GAP is offering 40% off everything with code WRAP40, plus get an extra 10% off at checkout with code JOLLY. And if you’re a cardholder, get 50% off everything with code DECCARD plus the additional 10% off bonus with code JOLLY. You can shop their sale here.
- JCPENNEY is offering an extra 25% off your purchase of $100+ with code GIFTALL. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering 40% off almost everything with code GIFTED. Some styles are actually marked up to 60% off! I’m loving this sweater for winter! You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering 50% off everything online only, plus an extra 20% off at checkout with code SWEET! How amazing is this faux fur cape scarf?! You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering up to 60% off almost everything with code JINGLE. You can shop their sale here.
- MADEWELL is offering 30% off your purchase, plus an extra 10% off online only with code ACTFAST. You can shop their sale here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is offering 20% off and free shipping on everything with code HOLIDAY. Shop their sale here.
- MCGEE & CO. is offering an additional 25% off sale items with code SWEETSALE. You can shop their site here.
- MINTED is offering 20% off and free priority shipping on all holiday cards. You can shop their sale here.
- NORDSTROM is offering cardmembers 10 points per dollar spent, and Nordy club members 5 points per dollar spent! If you have any last minute shopping, this is an easy way to rack up some rewards for yourself for the first of the year! They also have tons of new markdowns sitewide. You can shop their sale items here.
- NORDSTROM RACK is hosting a J. Crew and UGG event with items marked up to 57% off! You can shop their sale here.
- OLD NAVY is offering 75% off crazy good gifts online only. Plus if you’re a cardholder get an extra 35% off at checkout sitewide with code PERK. You can shop their sale here.
- ONE KINGS LANE is offering 20% off orders $500+ with code OKLSTYLISH20. I’m loving so many pieces of art that are included in the sale! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is offering 25% off your purchase and free shipping with code JINGLE. They also have many bonus deals site wide that include an even deeper discount up to 50% off! You can shop their sale here.
- RUGS USA is hosting 12 Days of Deals, with up to 75% off tons of items sitewide! You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY has a bunch of sales sitewide. They have up to 30% off their bedding, bath and more! There are also some crazy good markdowns in their sale section as well – especially if you’re on the hunt for pillows or rugs! You can shop their sale here.
- T3 is offering 20% off sitewide with code HOLIDAY20. You can shop their sale here.
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off home items, kitchen appliances, floor care, and 30% off Christmas trees, wreaths, garland and more! You can shop their sale here.
- WAYFAIR is offering up to 75% off all things home! The pair of lamps we have and love are on major sale right now! And I’m loving all the color combos this light fixture comes in – also on major sale! You can shop their sale here.
- WEST ELM is offering up to 40% off in stock items plus free shipping on orders $49+ with code MERRY! You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is hosting their Friends & Family event with 20% off your order and free shipping with code FRIENDS. Now is the time to buy our favorite balsamic vinegar and their hand soaps – neither of which we can get enough of! You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is offering a buy more save more sale with 15% off $100+, 20% off $500+, 25% off $1,000+ and 30% off $3,000+ with code SAVEMORE. Plus they’ve marked some of their favorite items up to 50% off! You can shop their sale here.
- WISTERIA is offering a year-end clearance with items marked up to 60% off! They’re also doing a spend more, get more sale with code SPENDGET. You can shop their sale here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used